Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Dragonbrand! Jan-25

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

As far as i can tell it looks like Maguma and kaineng have both hit a wall. look at both of there opening night point totals last week and look at were they are now. this is going to be a great week. a long one for a number of servers as well.

Looks like YB and CD are doing a good job at challenging kaineng.

Too early to call on Kaineng, we are just coming into their prime off peak times for the next 6-8 hours or so. If they can balloon leads up then it will eventually produce a huge gap by the end of the week.

Even if it stays manageable tonight, the NA contingent won’t be able to overnight it the same on the weekdays.

True but Kaineng for the last 4 weeks has had a 600+ PPT after the first 2 hours after reset. So the fact CD and YB are holding there own is a good sign. Plus a large amount of oceanic presence didn’t leave CD so Kaineng isn’t going to be able to just walk in and take all of CD’s BL’s

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Lots of fun tonight in DB BL! I gotta say it seems like Maguuma was overhyped, unless this is just a really messy reset like FA does most of the time.

Was it really overhyped? For two weeks Maguuma posters were in t3 threads saying we weren’t as big as people think, and for two weeks people kept believing yak’s bend posters (big mistake) that we were some sos 2.0 megaserver.

I think this is a case where people need to pick their sources better.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

LOL!
Sorry, but can’t help but giggle at the complaints about culling and zergs after all the mags in last weeks thread poked their heads in to chest bump about it as they steamrolled in their zergballs.

Yeah because the small amount of loudmouths that post here represent an entire server right? I think you will find that the majority of us want a large chunk of these transfers from the last three weeks gone.

You didn’t notice the part AFTER what you quoted where I said obviously it didn’t apply to the original Goombas that never wanted to be a zergball server?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SethGrev.8275

SethGrev.8275

Lots of fun tonight in DB BL! I gotta say it seems like Maguuma was overhyped, unless this is just a really messy reset like FA does most of the time.

You were listening to the wrong people then buddy

[GOON] – Steve Holt’s Father

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

TOOOOHHHLLLLBRIIIIIIIIIIN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are yoooooooooooooooooooooooooou?~~~~~~~~~~~~

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

We were indeed overhyped. We were facing mostly dead servers the last three weeks and so we stomped. We all got lazy about doing things wisely and didn’t have any consequences from silly mistakes. Our moving up was the result of a lot of unwanted transfers forming into mindless zergs attacking the closest enemy point and encountering no resistance.

I will give credit to how organized the zergs are in this tier. Moving together in a ball of 40+ and turning on a dime. It’s just not the type of playstyle that most of us were looking for. We’ll still fight, since that’s what we do, but please help us get down to our proper tier.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Zerg of 30+ for a single dolyak? =_=
This tier is too epic for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallensbane.8420

Fallensbane.8420

As far as i can tell it looks like Maguma and kaineng have both hit a wall. look at both of there opening night point totals last week and look at were they are now. this is going to be a great week. a long one for a number of servers as well.

Looks like YB and CD are doing a good job at challenging kaineng as well.

You say hit a wall. I say we are at the right spot for out numbers. As much as I prefer less zerg more smaller scale skirmishing and roaming. I have to say the match has been within several hundred points all night. With how hard we were hit we are doing great in fightning back. Its the way a match should be, not just a one sided blowout.

80 Ranger • 80 Necromancer • 80 Guardian • 80 Mesmer • 80 Engineer
[SAnD] of Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

For what it’s worth, we made huge strides over the last couple weeks because we dominated dead servers. Tonight we’re up against two strong servers, and holding our own. At least in EBG we’ve been handed a “warm” welcome to tier 3 and clearly ganged up on, pinballing back and forth from North to Southeast fighting off DB zerg after FA zerg and I don’t recall seeing either of those servers taking land from each other for the 4 or 5 hours I was in tonight.

This is more fun. This is far better than what we’d had for a while now, enjoy it.

The fights in the Lord room of SM were a lot of fun.

We were overhyped, but that doesn’t mean we don’t belong here. I don’t know all this about so many transfers over the last few weeks, the same commanders I’m used to seeing were leading and the people that are used to following them were doing so. Enough with the troll posts. Lift your heads up Maguuma, you belong at this level among good competition and who knows where the week will end.

(edited by SlimGenre.6417)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Same experience in Mag BL. Double teamed for most of the night but we held on.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Glitter.7634

Glitter.7634

Wow, this week’s reset is even better than last week! Epic Battles all over, and the numbers… I knew we got transfers from a few guilds over the last few weeks, but we too have an imbalance of new additions. There are a lot of new PuG and lone ranger types posting in /team, map, say etc.

Now to get ANet to properly support these ridiculously awesome fights w/out DC’s, crashes, and lag…

And to all the Maguuma players longing for smaller scale warfare – I feel you! My thief is relegated to Monday-Thursday play. Time to level my Warrior and brush up on my Guardian Zerg skills yet again.

Invictus Aeturnum (IA) ~ Dragonbrand since August 2012 ~
Glitter Monkey (Warrior) / Phlaxis (Thief) / Svetlana Demitrova (Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

What concerns me about this week more than the size of the zergs is the complete lack of posts from roamers on FA/DB. Roaming guilds basically always have at least a couple people who like to post on forums, and yet nothing. This most likely means that there are no roaming guilds on those two servers, and probably few if any solo roamers either. In other words, another week with nothing to do but wipe zergs, which got boring years ago. I don’t like the spvp format, but I find it harder and harder to do this kind of wvw after playing tpvp and actually fighting good groups.

If there are any skilled guilds on either of these two servers, or even just individuals, please, let me know. I much prefer wvw, but I need good fights to have fun.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

There are lots of really talented people on all severs…. I’d fight you one on one any day of the week

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Just throwing it out there to add fuel to the fire – FA was a pioneer of roaming 5 mans (because I said so) and most of you D/D ele guys got your build from Excala (daphoenix) in [GODS]

If you’re looking for a fight, you won’t have to look hard. This is the big boys tier!
EDIT: Mag, I forgive you. You sound exactly like we did when we came up against TC.

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I roam alone from time to time, and i’d be happy to fight new people. If you see a thief with quip, then that is me. Though I do tend to switch to S/D for 1v1’s.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.1045

Conner.1045

Raises hand

Solo roamer from FA here.

I work until 22:00/23:00 most nights so I don’t get online until after that, but I’m always looking for an innocent doly to gut or an unguarded camp to take over. Last week was a bit of a pain due to almost every time I’d line up a target and begin my attack run, a locust-like horde would appear and rampage across me, leaving me a bloody smear on the ground. :p With the numbers that appear to be in all our servers this week, I might have to swallow my pride, cover up my “Does Not Play Well With Others” shirt and join in with a horde.

Davion Hawkwood/Patronis Caine/Cassandra Amaranth
Hawkwood Company
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Just throwing it out there to add fuel to the fire – FA was a pioneer of roaming 5 mans and most of you D/D ele guys got your build from Excala (daphoenix) in [GODS]

Every d/d ele in OG has been running the spec since before daphoenix posted his guide.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Just throwing it out there to add fuel to the fire – FA was a pioneer of roaming 5 mans and most of you D/D ele guys got your build from Excala (daphoenix) in [GODS]

Every d/d ele in OG has been running the spec since before daphoenix posted his guide.

Then let’s see these famous OG D/D eles against Lady Sayrah / Excala and more. Friday fight night behind the windmill, I’m sure we can arrange something. We can see if we can earn your “mmo skill” approval

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Highlight of the day was wiping 15 [RET] with our 5 man

ps: i look forward to fight your best eles, especially excala.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

dreztina.4820

I’m sure we’ll be at any duels that happen this week. I’m glad to see there are at least a few roamers out there. I’ll be looking for you guys.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

an honour to fight you sire

maguuma i dont mean to call you out or anything this is just friendly advice but reading the thread i just gotta say

this is grudge tier

im not sure you understand this tier or the importance of posting in it.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

Score please?!?!

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: will.2105

will.2105

Good job wiping us out 15 vs 5, with 25 DB in front of us, mad skills

[RET] Miss Petit Pois 80 Thief

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Talk about a rough start on Mag BL. Might have gone better if we didn’t split and held East keep instead, but it is what it is.
Both sides seemed fairly interested in kicking sand in our faces. Both attacking our lone tower and all. Probably just a coincidence.

Looking forward to the rest of the week.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Zoel.9154

What concerns me about this week more than the size of the zergs is the complete lack of posts from roamers on FA/DB. Roaming guilds basically always have at least a couple people who like to post on forums, and yet nothing. This most likely means that there are no roaming guilds on those two servers, and probably few if any solo roamers either. In other words, another week with nothing to do but wipe zergs, which got boring years ago. I don’t like the spvp format, but I find it harder and harder to do this kind of wvw after playing tpvp and actually fighting good groups.

If there are any skilled guilds on either of these two servers, or even just individuals, please, let me know. I much prefer wvw, but I need good fights to have fun.

[BT] is really good and i’d probably put them tops on our server. One does not simply engage Quenta or Malose. Or I guess you do, and then they kill you. It’s actually a neat and tidy transaction from what I understand.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

kfarb.6732

I didn’t see less than 30 BT in one spot. Hoping it’s just reset night strategery.

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.1045

Conner.1045

Much as the Megawar battles are fun, the best times I’ve had where with 10 or less people going at it for control of a tower or supply camp. Small-scale fights are (at least to ME) the best part of WvWvW with every move, every action the difference between life and death. That’s when individuals really get the chance to shine and a lot of the best fights have been against DB folks lately. Already had a scuffle or two with the Mag people and they’re just as much fun to battle. I’m not a fan of /dance or /laugh emotes, If I kill someone after a tough fight, I WILL however offer a /salute or /bow out of respect.

Davion Hawkwood/Patronis Caine/Cassandra Amaranth
Hawkwood Company
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Xthnru.2079

Welcome to Tier 3, kittenlords.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Score update before I go to bed.

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Much as the Megawar battles are fun, the best times I’ve had where with 10 or less people going at it for control of a tower or supply camp. Small-scale fights are (at least to ME) the best part of WvWvW with every move, every action the difference between life and death. That’s when individuals really get the chance to shine and a lot of the best fights have been against DB folks lately. Already had a scuffle or two with the Mag people and they’re just as much fun to battle. I’m not a fan of /dance or /laugh emotes, If I kill someone after a tough fight, I WILL however offer a /salute or /bow out of respect.

We on Maguuma only dance to celebrate Tolbrin’s supreme commanding. He hath outwitted us on every warfront, and He is kind and merciful.

in WvW

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

He just didn’t want to show the endless spam of mini golems that his guild enjoys throwing.

Here is a random score update, my Necro has a new pair of dancing shoes.

FA wins match over.

Btw, you don’t need to blank out your chat. Just hit the combat tab before taking the screenshot.

in WvW

Xthnru.2079

You guys on FA should totes ask Tohlbrin about his time in the army, if he hasn’t told you. I’m sure he’d be happy to regale you.

in WvW

Zoel.9154

Fort Aspenwood is the unofficial server of the department of veteran affairs so I’m sure we’ll ask him about it after thirty days or earlier if he can contact us by phone.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

ower.9143

He just didn’t want to show the endless spam of mini golems that his guild enjoys throwing.

Seriously qqing still? It’ll be okay.

I’m not a him, and I’ve never ‘thrown’ a golem in my life. =)

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Glitter.7634

Glitter.7634

I only /dance over corpses in one place while in WvW and that is in Pangloss when we are the red server. If you are in Pang as a red and you have time to dance, your server earned it.

Invictus Aeturnum (IA) ~ Dragonbrand since August 2012 ~
Glitter Monkey (Warrior) / Phlaxis (Thief) / Svetlana Demitrova (Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

I didn’t see less than 30 BT in one spot. Hoping it’s just reset night strategery.

nah bt has 15-25 nightly not just reset night

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

One of you guys has to come up. Who shall it be? SBI is going bellow 1750.000 rating and FA and Mag are both 1820.000 or something, doesn’t matter who wins, matters who holds their rating. :P See you next week someone.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

Nrgh. Does anyone know if T3 matchups get significantly less populated and open up a bit as the week wears on? I like capturing small objectives and random small scale fights, but I feel like there aren’t really any gaps for doing that. A ton of camps (and even Yaks) are quite heavily guarded. As soon as a camp gets contested, instant response. I mean, credit to all involved for playing the game well and having such great coverage… I’m just not having much fun since I only have a few buddies that I like to run around with, not a dedicated 5-person that can bust up noticeably superior numbers. I came to Mag along with my tiny PVE guild from a pretty dead server (yay, fighting endless Devona’s zergs) about 6 or so weeks ago on the recommendation of a friend. I really enjoyed the first couple weeks before this crazy ascendancy began and all the matches became landslides. I’m starting to wonder if I’m just not going to enjoy WvW in this tier, though…. Any thoughts? Think Mag might get back down to a level I’d be more comfortable at anytime soon?

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

He was in Mag BL earlier. Maybe, he’s still there now ^-^

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

We’re not going to hold our rating. @Zyk, we hope, but it’s kind of wishful thinking right now.

He was in Mag BL earlier. Maybe, he’s still there now ^-^

Yup, we saw him there earlier. Shame he coincidentally ran away after we reported him running north on Mumble

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

At least there are people to kill in JP finally. Too bad transfers remain. Magpies, we need to rally and push them off somehow, troll them harder please. Our score is way too high right now we need to stop capping towers. Hopefully all will be lost tonight and tomorrow they start abandoning ship.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

No, I think the score is looking really good if we want to shed the fair weather players. We’re already getting complaints in chat and mumble about us losing, and lots of arguing going on between them and the veterans. All we have to do is keep telling people to use cardinal directions.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Oh Maguuma why did you push against us on FA borderlands. You never push the other invading team on a borderlands that isn’t your own on reset day. It only made it easier for FA to take their east keep back from you guys.

Oh well good fights so far.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

I think this is a good matchup so far, we’re losing, but very gradually. Maybe the early hours were different, or you guys were on the wrong borderlands. I started 5 hours after reset, and over on DBBL (no queue) outmanned buff was popping on and off for hours, while the PPT was bouncing between 175 and 280. Then head over to FA for multi-hour defense on East keep. It exhausting, pounding work but it sure beats my 3 week PvE vacation.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Oh Maguuma why did you push against us on FA borderlands. You never push the other invading team on a borderlands that isn’t your own on reset day. It only made it easier for FA to take their east keep back from you guys.

That was Yamma X, our only remaining visage of the supreme commanding prowess of Tolbrinh.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Fun round so far!

Dragonbrand… always a pleasure stay classy

Maguuma i know you guys will have some fun this week.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

That was Yamma X, our only remaining visage of the supreme commanding prowess of Tolbrinh.

Is that what happened? Gah… Legion took that east keep and upgraded it at reset. =(

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

So far I am looking forward to this week, I love seeing a fair match up, and this one seems decent so far. No one is being tossed to the wayside just yet.

Concerned about a couple of “interesting” and…. rather seamless keep acquisitions I have seen Mag accomplish so far, but I understand this is not the place to go into detail about my concerns.

I don’t really think you need to be on any particular tier to best fit a “small zerg” strategy, because IMO it’s just that…a strategy. It can be 5 man or 10 man, and I think you can do just as well in a 5-man in a t8 as you can in a t3, just depends on your tactic, goal, and strategy.

I also concur with the DBers that have expressed no special influx of people. Maybe about once a week I am particularly aware of a new guild commenting on their first impressions DB having just transferred. IT has really seemed to me that DB has done simply with tenacity and loyalty. Sure we get transfers and yea we embrace them, but I don’t believe they especially contribute to our success as much as our sheer determination. Maybe that’s just some good ol’ DB pride.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

First veiled entire server hackers post!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

DB was bouncing between T4-T6 until you got NA transfers to get up to T3.

Ninein
-Maguuma