Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Dragonbrand! Jan-25

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Operation Trim The Fat working as planned guys. Definitely a significant drop in presence. Maintain your continued efforts.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

May your deadweight become some other server’s problem.

-signed an Anonymous Maguuma fan

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Neves.2905

Neves.2905

Really dead out in EB today. Not nearly the numbers Maguuma had in the field over the last couple weeks. We have good defense, committed players, but our offense needs to improve dramatically, starting by attacking the weaker of our two formidable opponents, not the one who steamrolls us every time we flinch. /protip

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Not a very fun matchup.. atleast for solo roaming. FA and DB just seem to be heavy zerg servers, to be expected being the tier they are in, Sadly Maguuma was involuntarily put in this situation thanks to dbags who like to bandwagon.

So far my solo roam day has consisted of the following, walk 30sec out of my spawn left or right, find FA or DB players, maybe 1 if im lucky 2 is ok and 3 is company, all good. The problem arrises when I engage 1-3 players, almost instantly theres 5 more coming, after that 5 is another 10, and with 18 players vs lil ol’ me, kinda lame. Hard to find decent matches roaming without a zerg running you over.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: Goldmember.4368

Goldmember.4368

Not a very fun matchup.. atleast for solo roaming. FA and DB just seem to be heavy zerg servers, to be expected being the tier they are in, Sadly Maguuma was involuntarily put in this situation thanks to dbags who like to bandwagon.

So far my solo roam day has consisted of the following, walk 30sec out of my spawn left or right, find FA or DB players, maybe 1 if im lucky 2 is ok and 3 is company, all good. The problem arrises when I engage 1-3 players, almost instantly theres 5 more coming, after that 5 is another 10, and with 18 players vs lil ol’ me, kinda lame. Hard to find decent matches roaming without a zerg running you over.

It will be like that during resets. Especially since both DB and FA are frantically protecting supplies. Just go to your Borderlands and you’ll be fine. FA was doing the same thing to me last night when I was trying to get to our tower in their Borderlands. It wasnt fun when DD eles and 5-6 stop and kill my solo engi, but I finally made it there.

Gearhead Engineer DB

(edited by Goldmember.4368)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

See now , you guys view Bunzy as an arrogant and rude fool but you are wrong. Bunzy is actually just a Freedom-loving Champion of the First Amendment.

Reading your posts, I can feel my IQ dropping.

I’m sure that is true. But, I don’t see the significance of that since you also feel your IQ dropping when you are shopping at the mall, riding in a car, working on a math problem, etc. etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

To the [Pro] D/D ele that fought the guardian at area north of Champion’s Demense.

I think that would have lasted forever. Sorry the rogue showed up and ended the duel.

Props. Almost got ya downed once, barely lived once. Was a blast. I need more of that. I need practice against you D/D’s. =p

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sometimes you just pick off more than you or your guild can chew, in this case that was OG.

Yeah, OG really taught us a lesson in the fights they lost to us in the open field.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

He should be banned for something you said? Only in the world of Bunzy is this fathomable.

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Can’t anyone respect FA/DB for good reaction to our roaming? It just makes it more fun and challenging.

I’m enjoying the fights so far guys, i’m finding going in groups of 3-4 is more fun now than just playing solo

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I laughed at the first paragraph…maguuma upset about zergs. Understandable though if youre trying to solo/map complete and all. And I know there are some maguuma that did not want all the bandwagoners. And some might have even expressed their lack of enthusiasm last week for it, but you heard more boasting and and chest bumping last week when you steamrolled all over yaks and ioj.

DB and FA have a lot of players, but its not mindless. I assure you. There are methods to the madness.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

He should be banned for something you said? Only in the world of Bunzy is this fathomable.

If it’s such an offense, yes. You shouldn’t be able to re quote it or in this case post a photo of it.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Mike.7320

Sometimes you just pick off more than you or your guild can chew, in this case that was OG.

Yeah, OG really taught us a lesson in the fights they lost to us in the open field.

The only AD I have seen are the ones falling to my sword, never has an AD group EVER, and I mean EVER been a challenge to OG. I believe the term for you is a liar sir.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Why are you even in this thread? You just start drama because you lost to us.

Pretty sure you are the one that started the drama and by “us” I guess you mean Maguuma. I respect Mag as a server, and I respect some OG as good players. I don’t respect you as a person. You’ve got some work to do there.

in WvW

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

Seriously what’s with all these people claiming they don’t want to win. Too many zergs….. I may be weird but I want to win and move up that’s the whole point of doing anything competive. I can’t say I’ve every played any sport or game to lose.

There’s this novel concept that seems to elude the majority of the WvW community and it’s called, “fun.” Some of my happiest moments on Maguuma happened when we were hopelessly outnumbered by the Oceanic hordes who swarmed our last keep, throwing as many bodies and siege as they could at it. We knew we were going to lose but we still fought tooth and nail, sometimes into the next morning/afternoon when our numbers began to increase again. I owe it to our community, most of which is due to our public VoIP server, for all the wonderful moments I’ve had in Maguuma. I think this is, at least part of the reason, why a lot of the servers we’ve faced have imploded; they lack a strong community. There is no sense of loyalty, just the glory seekers who enjoy WvW only if they’re winning.

Much of the reason as to why a lot of Maguumans want to lose this match, as has been previously stated multiple times, is to get rid of the glory-seeking band wagoners and map completion warriors. Those that want to become part of the community will stay and those that don’t will leave. In the end, we’ll be stronger for it.

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in WvW

Oozo.7856

The only AD I have seen are the ones falling to my sword, never has an AD group EVER, and I mean EVER been a challenge to OG. I believe the term for you is a liar sir.

And, I regret very much the clip I had of wiping an OG group at the ruins on our first night out. I deleted it because you all died in less than two minutes. Very poor situational awareness.

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Why are you even in this thread? You just start drama because you lost to us.

Pretty sure you are the one that started the drama and by “us” I guess you mean Maguuma. I respect Mag as a server, and I respect some OG as good players. I don’t respect you as a person. You’ve got some work to do there.

That’s fine I don’t respect you either, you call people out and then don’t back it up.

Also showing a 7v4 isn’t what I would call great. Every fight you had against us you always had greater numbers, which is why you won’t do an even number fight because you and I both know the outcome.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

FREE BUNZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Mike.7320

And, I regret very much the clip I had of wiping an OG group at the ruins on our first night out. I deleted it because you all died in less than two minutes. Very poor situational awareness.

I didnt even bother watching all of the first clip, all I saw was you zerging around and a solo OG roamer in most the clips for first video.

The second video, you play a bunker guard oOOoooOO you so skilled. Also in the second video is an out numbered fight with players that where in somewhat decent guilds compared to OG. Also id like a video of AD ONLY killing OG, if thats even possible, lawl. From what I saw it was Btsy and the noqq members doing all the work

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

FREE BUNZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are my friend

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I’m a bunker guardian? Ah, I thought I was talking to someone with actual game knowledge. My mistake, carry on.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

T3, this is how a thread gets Bunzied. Enjoy the show.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

because I have no freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech is a silly concept in the first place, but when there is no possibility of getting popped in the mouth by someone then freedom of speech goes beyond silly into the realm of worst concept ever. The ban is basically the only way they have of smacking you in the mouth. Just sayin’. :P

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

I’m a bunker guardian? Ah, I thought I was talking to someone with actual game knowledge. My mistake, carry on.

Cut him a break, he IS a warrior and warriors aren’t known for being intellectual giants… otherwise they’d be mages.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Mike.7320

Cut him a break, he IS a warrior and warriors aren’t known for being intellectual giants… otherwise they’d be mages.

In my defense, I also have an 80 ele

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Oh Maguuma why did you push against us on FA borderlands. You never push the other invading team on a borderlands that isn’t your own on reset day. It only made it easier for FA to take their east keep back from you guys.

Oh well good fights so far.

That was Yamma X, our only remaining visage of the supreme commanding prowess of Tolbrinh.

Is that what happened? Gah… Legion took that east keep and upgraded it at reset. =(

:( We got Yamma’d.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

Please stop this stupidity before the thread gets closed.

If you have something constructive to say by all means say it, but if you are going to continue the slap fight please take it elsewhere.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

idgi on the bunker guard comment. I’m not a god of wvw strategy or anything but my current impression is that wvw is about comps and bunker guards are all but required right now.

If you don’t like the current wvw meta that much (not many people do) you might want to just spvp until they nerf the SEIGFRIED AND ROY MAULED BY TIGERS out of pbaoe.

supposedly EU has a better meta that’s dominated by small group play that beat the zerg, which might be more your speed.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

CURSE YOU MAGUUMAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Noobles.4325

Noobles.4325

4th golem rush did the job?

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Just a question to Mag. So after you blew 20g on golems attempting hills the first time and got smacked around, how many did you use when no one was there defending?

This has been a fun matchup so far and I agree with some of the posts on this forum by mag players. It appears they are throwing the match to drop a tier at least in their own border. Last night they wasted several hours only worried about Foghaven and never pushed any other part of the map, even after they got their garrison back the only concern was Foghaven. Strategy and Logic often never collide with fools I suppose. BTW, I enjoyed killing all your Trebs at Cragtop all night.

Good Luck and have fun the rest of the matchup.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Super kawaii desu score update <3 ~~~~(^.^)~~~~~<3

Attachments:

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Can DB stop getting all upset please we’re trying to do some professional grade posting in this thread.

This was a really good update image. I’d rgive it 8/10 keep up the good work, colhearth.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Can DB stop getting all upset please we’re trying to do some professional grade posting in this thread.

This was a really good update image. I’d rather it 8/10 keep up the good work, colhearth.

Lol, no one is getting upset. But in our defense Mag does professional grade posting in all the matchup threads. If nothing else your server carries the mouthiest individuals on the forums. Some like it, some don’t. Any person that starts picking fights and saying “I’ll 1v1 you anytime!” is basically gutter trash in this game in my eyes. You benefit no one on your team with that attitude.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I know last night I had a fun 1v1 with a Maguuma necro in FABL while our zergs were fighting eachother around (more accurately above) us by Redvale tower. It’s amazing what a pull and terrain can do for making duels.

Of course, then another 5-8 maguuma poured into the river, so I had to retreat. Was fun anyway.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I know last night I had a fun 1v1 with a Maguuma necro in FABL while our zergs were fighting eachother around (more accurately above) us by Redvale tower. It’s amazing what a pull and terrain can do for making duels.

Of course, then another 5-8 maguuma poured into the river, so I had to retreat. Was fun anyway.

If you want to do a fight club I’m sure 10+ mag will show up. We love 1v1’s and we’re nice dudes! I think one must already be planned for OG vs FA’s youtube superstars.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Just a question to Mag. So after you blew 20g on golems attempting hills the first time and got smacked around, how many did you use when no one was there defending?

I too love when people come to the forums to cry about losing something and spit on their enemies small victories. You guys are winning, it’s gonna be okay.

Jeez, and I thought I hated golem rushes.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you want to do a fight club I’m sure 10+ mag will show up. We love 1v1’s and we’re nice dudes! I think one must already be planned for OG vs FA’s youtube superstars.

Nah, I’m not much of a duelist (though I make people work to kill me and I have an okay record of coming out on top). I just found it funny that I had a duel in the middle of a zerg vs zerg fight with siege.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Wait, like 2-3 tabs ago, wasn’t Maguuma QQing about our zergs??

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

Good catch! We have more than one person clumped up in one location! We have a zerg! We’re a zerg server!

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

Welcome to tier 3 Maguuma! I am glad you guys think different from how CD does. They were playing for 2nd place and wanted to stay in tier 3. For the most part, their strategy had put a lot of pressure on DB last week. Now that nobody is at threat of going down, this should be a nice 3-way match. Good Luck!

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I count eleven names. Is that what you call a zerg?

in WvW

Evalana.5480

GuardianOMS

There were way more than 11 ‘names’ – Notice the faded names, as well as the ones that didn’t render? Yeah.

The moral of the story is: Don’t complain about that which you do yourselves.

Have a great weekend!

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS

There were way more than 11 ‘names’ – Notice the faded names, as well as the ones that didn’t render? Yeah.

The moral of the story is: Don’t complain about that which you do yourselves.

Have a great weekend!

Oh, so 15? Moral of the story, you’re not proving anything.

Every server had some sort of large group on at some point in time. Posting a picture of 15 names because a few people whined about something doesn’t prove anything.

Or, should we all just start posting pictures of every group we find of over 10 to tell some estranged person from three pages ago to stop whining? Because I’ll do that.

in WvW

Posted by: SethGrev.8275

SethGrev.8275

I thought it was agreed upon earlier that 15 players or less was a roaming party.

So many differences between T3 and T4

[GOON] – Steve Holt’s Father

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread has derailed with a lot of off-topic posts & inflammatory comments, we had to moderate it heavily.

Please read this reminder : WvW sub forum – rules reminder :

… And finally, one of the most important points, which is also available for every sub forum: be polite and respectful towards each other. These forums are meant to be constructive, and while we understand that a bit of zeal can sometimes be necessary in the spirit of competition, please keep in mind that all inflammatory, rude, and disrespectful posts will be removed. So let’s reserve the energy to fight on the in-game battlefields and not on our forums.

Therefore, any further breach to the Code of Conduct, may result in this thread being locked, and post being infracted.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep this thread friendly & civil.

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

We’re a zerg server!

Well, you are.
Denying that you’re pooping in someone’s cereal doesn’t change the fact that you’re on top of the table with dropped pants pushin’ one out in their cornflakes.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I think the point was that while we are a zerg server, posting a picture of 15 people in one area doesn’t prove that.

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

I think the point was that while we are a zerg server, posting a picture of 15 people in one area doesn’t prove that.

True. Was simply pointing out that while the picture doesn’t show the full scope (though everyone has to admit that with culling if you see 15, there could very well be another 20 around them) it doesn’t change the zergy nature of the server recently. Which sucks, because the old timer mags never really seemed to have ever wanted that fate and they have my condolences.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Neves.2905

Neves.2905

So I’m wondering how that water fight at West Keep FA went last night? I got invited by the other Commander but (wisely) turned it down and saved me and my guild a bath! All this talk of water makes me thirsty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-KVObNEd4

Details please. FA or MAG. /popcorn

Yamma X [WH]