Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Obeby 15 characters

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

This was totally posted after the first one but I like the title format of this one more (sorry Juicifruitz!), so yeah. Hello, fresh blood from IoJ.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Looks like a week of Maguuma vs. Yaks. Hopefully there’s fight left in IoJ so this isn’t another boring week

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

saiyr.3071

So soon to decide? IoJ had a decent oceanic presence and we haven’t seen it yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

IOJ had a decent oceanic presence, most of them left.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: sestitodc.3567

sestitodc.3567

Our oceanic presence (well, and our NA/European presences) all server transferred this past week. Now it looks like it’s time for me to figure out where I should go

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Meh, I’ll just wait and see. Maguuma’s oceanic presence has always been pretty minimal (last two weeks were probably the first time we’ve ever been accused of “night capping”). Yak’s is better than ours, but not in a Dragonbrand sort of way.

Edit: Oh, well if IoJ is ET 2.0 then I guess there might be trouble. I knew 10+ guilds left, but I figured you could still put up a good fight in the mid tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Looks like a week of Maguuma vs. Yaks. Hopefully there’s fight left in IoJ so this isn’t another boring week

<Wow this is way off!

IOJ is the big dog here, T3 dropping down with a huge Oceanic presence that will tick high during non NA peak time. Do not under estimate them.

I am looking forward to a fresh matchup and killing the self proclaimed “All mighty skilled” server of Maguuma. Here is to good fights to come… bring it on!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Our oceanic presence (well, and our NA/European presences) all server transferred this past week. Now it looks like it’s time for me to figure out where I should go

You could stay there and become the one. Kind of like at the end of Braveheart when Wallace ran across mountains clubbing all the turncoats.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

IOJ had a decent oceanic presence, most of them left.

It would be nice if they did have enough now. That would keep the 3rd team’s keeps, towers, and garrisons soft making it easier to flip and harden for the day crew.

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

The score, for now

Attachments:

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Tynan.6279

Are we using this one? Or the other one? My vote is for this one, easier to read the title!

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

“the self proclaimed “All mighty skilled” server of Maguuma."

Who proclaimed this?

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Catamaran Nights.2630

Catamaran Nights.2630

Being on IoJ I can say that this week will most likely be Mag vs Yaks. All WvW guilds from IoJ have left. Only guild really making an appearance is Templars [PwN] which i can say isnt even a WvW guild but we supplied the most players to WvW today

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Are we using this one? Or the other one? My vote is for this one, easier to read the title!

use this one, way better

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

you NA guys just didn’t like how I did the date in the correct format DD/MM hehehe i see how it is!! :P:P:P

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

If we’re using thus as the official thread, can I get an update up in here?

in WvW

Posted by: eye floater.7140

eye floater.7140

and IoJ is being pretty neutral in EB

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

My updates are better. Someone requested I post in this inferior thread.

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Meh, NA guys like don’t use metric and stuff. We like to see MM/DD and /YY too.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

IoJ has Never had a large w3 pop. Never have we had ques on all 4 maps. We had a very unorganized overall server with many tiny guilds that contained awesome players. although we had ND a 1000+ member Korean guild and an unofficial Aussie server which helped us have a solid coverage, especially in gmt+6-12 timezone.

A massively disjointed server with no synergy on the scale needed to dominate like we could have due to having the huge coverage and awesome dedicated pvpers.

It’s all history now as over 17 dedicated w3 guilds left (mostly to FA) believe it or not that’s pretty much all the Dedicated w3 guilds we had that kept us in T1-3 since week long matches came in.

It’s a shame to me, I really don’t want to be a liar and change my sig but I like the large scale war of W3, I think I’ll just quit GW2 instead.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

IoJ lost 19 guilds and counting now. PwN and KoR, both guilds that have not been WvW focused, have been trying to put up a fight but we lack coverage. Hopefully we can drop down another tier or 2 in the next few weeks and start to rebuild our base from here.

Had some fun against Mag and Yak’s in EB tonight. Hope to keep up some semblance of a fight over the next few days.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

So far this matchup is not looking promising at all. It actually started with some really good fights vs an IoJ guild, but talked to their leader and he said they’re the only good roaming guild left on the server and they’re planning on transferring to FA. So ya. Yak’s seems to have completely disappeared, not sure what happened to them. Keeping my fingers crossed things pick up at some point.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Tynan.6279

“the self proclaimed “All mighty skilled” server of Maguuma."

Who proclaimed this?

Bunzy… Your Champion!

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

This match up is going to be completely one-sided and boring for the week.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

IoJ has Never had a large w3 pop.

That’s not true, when I was on FA a few weeks ago you guys have a very good turn out for WvW. I’m not sure what you consider large, but your coverage around the clock was better than Maguuma’s.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

I said w3 pop, we have a huge pop and if we are winning on points than lots of w3 fair weathers join, they also join for new matchups. Like T1 when we were winning with 3 day to go before pumpkin head man came out. Like dropping to tier 3 for the first time in 3 months. (Were we won). I play NA and Aussie pt and we never have a Zerg for longer than 1 hour and can’t even fill two maps. So your wrong about us having huge numbers. One day in 30 days would also be busy, monthly reset day.

People don’t understand how frustrating it is to be on IoJ. We tried to make it a better place but no real good leaders rose to the top to give it a chance. We tried to recruit but we didn’t get any new guilds join. IoJ has an awesome community and people but have achieved what they have with only around 15-20 dedicated w3 guilds, most fielding 10-15 players a couple of nights a week. We achieved great things but unfortunately it’s going to die in w3. I predict tier 8.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I don’t get that. Usually Yaks Bend puts up more of a fight. I wonder why they have such a hit or miss wvw population.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Because, despite the best efforts of some, we now have ten thousand people on Maguuma, unfortunately.

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I see it as W3 is going to be messed up the next few weeks. With free transfers ending, some guilds are going to have to decide now if they want to move to one whole server. If a server has a bad NA pop time, some Oceanic guilds may move, and vice versa.

Speaking of which….yaks bend, still looking for Oceanic peeps for our W3 :P

in WvW

Posted by: Serazil.7835

Serazil.7835

IoJ has Never had a large w3 pop.

That’s not true, when I was on FA a few weeks ago you guys have a very good turn out for WvW. I’m not sure what you consider large, but your coverage around the clock was better than Maguuma’s.

Unfortunately, a few weeks makes a big difference. Score update… and link to what happened. http://isleofjanthir.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=656

Attachments:

(edited by Serazil.7835)

in WvW

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

the story of IoJ my guild tried holding some of EB stuff in wvw we just dont have the numbers to do anything. this is really really sad for me to see.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

the story of IoJ my guild tried holding some of EB stuff in wvw we just dont have the numbers to do anything. this is really really sad for me to see.

Yeah. It sucks to see these kinds of things happen on so many servers. A lot of players never want balance or a challenge. It is onto the next big thing…

Though Maguuma is a little crackheaded. A lot of people wanted to stay tier4 even if we are good enough to be in T3.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Xerol.1578

Xerol.1578

T3? I’ve been crunching numbers all night and there’s a scenario where we end up in T2 next week:

-Maguuma beats IoJ about 6:1 and YB about 3:1 (the MG-YB score actually matters very little in this scenario).
-FA/DB both end up with a lead over CD in T3. Doesn’t need to be much.
-TC loses badly on T2 (I haven’t checked the score lately, but an early score indicates this might happen).

That puts all of Mag, TC, and CD around 1780-1800 rating, and at that point a few thousand WvW points either way makes the difference of which of those are 6th, 7th, or 8th. Right now TC is hanging around 1820, and CD around 1800, so this isn’t too likely.

I’ll put together something that lets me generate these numbers easier later on, but right now here’s the latest ranking estimates I have for next week, based off the latest scores I checked:

7. CD (1803.1)
8. Maguuma (1773.9)
9. FA (1750.6)
10. DB (1748.9)
11. YB (1657.8)
12. Kaineng (1560ish, don’t have exact scores) or IoJ (1533.5), so probably Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

Wow maguuma brining in the bug guns! Well played, i’m at awe at your structure this reset night. Well done!! Your server has improved A LOT, you should be proud!!

IOJ… seems to me you have lost the will to keep fighting in wvwvw. Sorry to hear that most your guilds left you. Free transfers really screwed things up for many servers and I feel your server especially. Hope things get brighter and new and stronger guilds join you guys in the near future.

But anywho, looking at the comments Ebay has said about Kaineng, I think both YB and Mag are gonna get our kittens handed to us on a silver platter next week ><

Talons [BT]

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Actually TC is pretty set in stone this week. SBI lost a few big guilds to SoR, and SoR has been absorbing guilds from other servers to boot. As a result they’ve suddenly become bigger than they have been at any other point I believe in their history.

The result is that SBI is losing to us again this week, but by a bigger margin than last week. Meanwhile SoR is going to defeat us by a much, much wider margin. The net result is that we should float within the -20 to +20 ranking range this week. I’m not sure exactly how vast SoR’s coverage has become, but early showings indicate that we are at least able to fight back and hold firm against them.

I believe SBI is more likely to drop before TC is, if for no other reason than SBI has lost a noticeable amount of its players while TC has remained relatively stable.

Here’s our most recent score update: http://i.imgur.com/CddHJ1d.jpg
(24 mins ago)

Edit:
Regarding the current rankings on millennium.org, remember that those were the first updates for this match-up. That means that those scores were uploaded during the first 3 hours after reset — smaller numbers tend to cause more radical swings in the rankings, but stabilize over the course of the week.

For example, I took this SS after submitting a score ~30 mins after reset. The rankings at the end of the week normalized as numbers became larger. You won’t be able to fully grasp how things are going to play out until Monday.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kerithlan.1659)

in WvW

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

No kitten server loyalty at all. Talk about demoralising for all the rest of us left on IoJ.

in WvW

Posted by: uflyandy.6392

uflyandy.6392

Let me start off with good job maguuma from tier 5 to tier 4 again glad to be back to a more skilled tier. YAKS no ideas what’s going on with you guys , for the most part you guys have skills and today I wasn’t to impressed by you guys. Lol not going to get into the other server. You guys are dropping to tier 5 lol bottom line eBay will be back soon. From what I seem when eBay isn’t in the big maguuma could do so much better. Not here to brag but looking forward to more wvw this weekend

Title: Commander and Leader of [GOA] Legion Alliance [Maguuma]Name: Promethieus

in WvW

Posted by: Honnor.6295

Honnor.6295

I don’t get that. Usually Yaks Bend puts up more of a fight. I wonder why they have such a hit or miss wvw population.

We are here X, But Maguuma Has a huge pop now, We had 200 Alliance players out tonight. But we are hard pressed to even push on any map with Mags numbers now. We are not complaining and will still fight. but you guys are the Transfer server this week looks like. I see 25 players (Maguuma) sitting in camps on MBBL at 4 supply camps camps. That says a lot seeing as your map is Blue. And still 120 Maguuma on Yaks, {yes I just ran map and counted the teams on both sides of our Garrison)and full Q’s for Mag’s in Eternal and Yaks and Maguuma BL. Like I said we are not complaining, but you guys just have a T2 pop right now. Grats to Maguuma you guys, I hope they stay for you and dont just leave next week.

Fight well guys , Yaks will keep plugging

Guild leader: scÖrn
Alliance founder/Yaksbend.com
“Winter is Coming”

(edited by Honnor.6295)

in WvW

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

<3 you all.
This is my first week at Yak’s Bend, and I can honestly say this is the most fun I’ve had in WvW in weeks. Keep up the good work everyone!

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

snip

Fight well guys , Yaks will keep plugging

I just want to chime in before I go back to lurking again:

Bender’s, you’ve been in this position before and earned our respect for your performance. Different tier, different opponents, same Yak’s Bend. Do us Toasters proud.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: uflyandy.6392

uflyandy.6392

Good to hear that man, maguuma has not only gotten transfers but something new is in the mist. The server is becoming one, I want go to much into detail but invalid password could back me up in this one. Never the less we invite everyone to come to this great server and community. IOJ if your guilds are dying and leaving become part of a great community. YAKS you guys nothing is personal , I enjoy fighting you guys , we learn a lot from that battles with you guys.

Title: Commander and Leader of [GOA] Legion Alliance [Maguuma]Name: Promethieus

in WvW

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

IB4bunzy
Someone had to do it.

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

in WvW

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

So far this matchup is not looking promising at all. It actually started with some really good fights vs an IoJ guild, but talked to their leader and he said they’re the only good roaming guild left on the server and they’re planning on transferring to FA. So ya. Yak’s seems to have completely disappeared, not sure what happened to them. Keeping my fingers crossed things pick up at some point.

That was me and my ranger buddy :P and as it stands there are only 3 people left on IoJ in my guild. I can transfer now but i won’t leave until everyone’s gotten off, like a good ship captain. X.X

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

gg mag is kittenty zerg server now, 1hr queues in all maps

game is ruined

in WvW

Posted by: Strippling.3524

Strippling.3524

btw I did not recognize a single guild from Maguuma tonight, although I did see one guardian with a [GOON] tag, but other than that I have never seen any of the guilds you now have lol. Which server/s did they come from? They are formidable

Talons [BT]

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Because, despite the best efforts of some, we now have ten thousand people on Maguuma, unfortunately.

From my YB perspective, it sure looks that way. The hordes I’m seeing running around are reminding me of the Dragonbrand zergs of last week. Except with much better players on average than DB. Part of the reason I like and respect you guys.

Just roaming around tonight I had some fun fights against SM and OG. Top notch skill, as always.

I really feel for IoJ. I’ve seen like maybe 5 of them, after spending the majority of the night on their BL. It’s obvious they have been decimated by transfers. Big respect to the few hardy souls remaining.

We’ll do our best to persevere this week and give you guys a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Xerol.1578

Xerol.1578

Edit:
Regarding the current rankings on millennium.org, remember that those were the first updates for this match-up. That means that those scores were uploaded during the first 3 hours after reset — smaller numbers tend to cause more radical swings in the rankings, but stabilize over the course of the week.

For example, I took this SS after submitting a score ~30 mins after reset. The rankings at the end of the week normalized as numbers became larger. You won’t be able to fully grasp how things are going to play out until Monday.

I actually wrote a little (private, for now) app that lets you put in scores and get instant ratings out, and I was using the latest screenshotted scores to get the numbers I posted above. Also, millenium’s calculations are actually wrong somewhere. I was initially getting numbers off a couple points from millenium’s, and so I went and found some (verified accurate) Glicko2 calculators, and my numbers were correct, while millenium’s were the ones that were wrong. It’s a very small error (no more than 1.5 rating points) but with the close scores possible this week, something to keep in mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Oh yeah, the flipside is that the only queue I experienced tonight was 5 min for YBBL not long after reset. Instant WvW FTW.

in WvW

Posted by: Phatal One.8069

Phatal One.8069

Let me start off with good job maguuma from tier 5 to tier 4 again glad to be back to a more skilled tier. YAKS no ideas what’s going on with you guys , for the most part you guys have skills and today I wasn’t to impressed by you guys. Lol not going to get into the other server. You guys are dropping to tier 5 lol bottom line eBay will be back soon. From what I seem when eBay isn’t in the big maguuma could do so much better. Not here to brag but looking forward to more wvw this weekend

First, I must say congrats to Mags on moving back up to T4. Unfortunately, I do not think eBay will be rejoining you guys any time soon. We lost a number of guilds over the past week and has noticeably affected our WvW efforts. We’ll have a better idea of where we stand once paid transfers start and Kaineng moves on.

I must say Kaineng is an impressive opponent so far. We are currently getting our kittens handed to us in a way that never happened with Yak’s, Mags, Dragonbrand, and Crystal Desert. I’m hoping their off hours will give us a chance to make up ground but I strongly believe Mags and Yaks will be seeing Kaineng very soon.

Phatal One – Mesmer
Unseen Spectacle – Necromancer
[FATE] – Ehmry Bay