Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

It’s interesting to see that IoJ will soon go back to fighting our eternal enemies, ET.

I assumed that we learned to hate SoR long ago. I know I do!

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Maguuma has been used to this since day one. We are all broke, but despite getting our teeth kicked in, we love to play. Did Yaks/IoJ never face match ups like this?

For Yaks it was our forlorn hope matches in tier 3 against FA and TC, perhaps our peak in terms of organisation. We do seem to have regressed as a server with regard to our overall population, however, so I wouldn’t hold it against the people who have taken on the heavy lifting if they want to take a breather before re-starting the development process from scratch. Given the likely matchups, the next couple of weeks will be a (re)baptism of fire for us and perhaps a chance to do that free of any expectations.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I understand YB’s hesitancy to participate.

It’s not fun if you hit 20-30 people as a group of a few everywhere you go, so you just avoid those situations all together.

Best matches are those that have the closest population spread.

That’s why t3 was such a close match for the past 3 weeks until Fort Janthir was created.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Yak’s have numbers, but no clue how to use it. It’s the same as ever, except it’s equal numbers now. IoJ is a unicorn, they simply just don’t exist. It feels like no one is trying, I honestly don’t blame you. But when Maguuma fought outnumbered, we bared our teeth, and played it smart. These guys… meh

I guess the Outmanned buff I was getting on 3 out of 4 maps during prime was just Anet making me feel better!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

No strategy in WvW?

I watched Yaks build 17 catapults in exactly the same position over a period of 2 hours yesterday in a valiant effort to take south west tower on their own borderlands with a force of 30 or more guys.

Don’t you say those things.

Hahaha… I saw this going down, and stayed as far away from it as possible as it was being led by one of the worst Commanders on Yak’s. To make things worse after failing to hold the lines, he split up only to leave half his crew to die as they were cut off!

We have some good Commanders, I promise you this was not one of them!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

That’s why t3 was such a close match for the past 3 weeks until Fort Janthir was created.

You mean until CD got many transfers. Or are we pretending that didn’t happen, lol?

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/34/17

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Crystal-Desert-WvW-players-could-use-more/

We’ve been travelling a lot through from tier 4 all the way to tier 2, Looks like we are caught in a spider web at the moment at the top of Tier 3, because we can’t cover 24 hours with full power. We could use more oceanic and Asian players, because we are not even +300 on potentials at that time, but other times we are +500. If we had some more guilds come with players at Asia or around times we lack of people, we could push ahead into tier 2 and finally get away from servers we are farly stronger than.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You mean until CD got many transfers. Or are we pretending that didn’t happen, lol?

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/34/17

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Crystal-Desert-WvW-players-could-use-more/

You very well know that week 1 and 2 between cd/fa/ioj were the closest matches of any tiers.

Now going forward you also know that ioj gave up mid match in week 3. That’s when our score took off.

As for transfers, we got the guild GoF the week we moved back into t3. Nothing since then, unless they are super stealth inviso guild.

I would really hope people didn’t use scores as proof of transfers, it’s an argument full of holes ;/

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

You got bandwagon transfers (not the level of Mag or Kain of course) once CD started winning. There was discussion on it in one of the threads. Not going to bother digging there as we already know. Servers only give up when they are outnumbered. They don’t just mysteriously stop playing after a couple of weeks of close matches.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: TokenTrevor.2563

TokenTrevor.2563

Yak’s have numbers, but no clue how to use it. It’s the same as ever, except it’s equal numbers now. IoJ is a unicorn, they simply just don’t exist. It feels like no one is trying, I honestly don’t blame you. But when Maguuma fought outnumbered, we bared our teeth, and played it smart. These guys… meh

I guess the Outmanned buff I was getting on 3 out of 4 maps during prime was just Anet making me feel better!

What does the outmanned buff you have now have anything to do with the situations he’s talking about?

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

Yes, please talk about your specific instance against something that happened in the past. That makes your argument FAR more superior and relevant. It’s not that hard people, you DO have numbers at times, quit acting like you don’t. Yes, you are outmanned a majority of the time, but when you aren’t you still don’t have the teamwork or organizational skills to do anything.

Currently in Yak’s BL, you are NOT outmanned and ten people don’t know how to get one person off a cannon so they’re retreating back to garrison.

We already established that for the most part Maguuma’s skill far exceeds Yak’s and we have a lot of work to do to retrain and get organized. But to sit here and say that you do not have numbers is ridiculous…

So as to my first statement, when we have equal numbers you dominate us! There now you don’t have to go there again, the morale on Yak’s isn’t the best so take your win here and move on with honor!

Please read up a few posts up about a failed tower assault and my response!

There are battles where Maguuma does not outnumber you. To say during every single time a Maguuma player and a Yak player have crossed eyes that’s Yak’s was outmanned is stretching it. No one is saying we do not have numbers. The point is, you are not outmanned all the time, yet you keep using it as an excuse.

Rather than identify problems, you just say “oh we’re outmanned” and move on. I understand WvW is a numbers game, but you can’t except to keep using that as a scapegoat for your loses.

(edited by TokenTrevor.2563)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Rather than identify problems, you just say “oh we’re outmanned” and move on. I understand WvW is a numbers game, but you can’t except to keep using that as a scapegoat for your loses.

He said Maguuma have been more skillfull than YB overall what more do you want? Dunno why you guys are getting so hostile about other servers, move on. If you honestly want to give advice then give it objectively. I thought you maguumans had a sense of humour.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

He said Maguuma have been more skillfull than YB overall what more do you want? Dunno why you guys are getting so hostile about other servers, move on. If you honestly want to give advice then give it objectively. I thought you maguumans had a sense of humour.

I was talking about before, when he just randomly mentioned they’re out manned. No one is hostile, it’s a discussion. Big surprise here, but not every single person on Maguuma is the same and will respond as such. And you say for us to move on but many Yaks and IoJs are still mentioning it, even their displeasure to play the game because of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Fight club below south camp on Yaks BL. Lots of Mag and only the one IoJ ranger for a while now.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

is Mags now fighting 2 WvW defunct servers ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Fight club below south camp on Yaks BL. Lots of Mag and only the one IoJ ranger for a while now.

This is always how duels go. Tons of people from Maguuma and very few from the other servers. Gets boring.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

This is always how duels go. Tons of people from Maguuma and very few from the other servers. Gets boring.

Last night we got 3-4 ioj and 3-4 yaks. Hope yaks/ioj can come join us again! I’ve already dueled this ioj ranger like 9 times now.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

There were several of us Yaks dueling OG and a few other Mags a couple of hours ago. We were on IoJ BL. Your guildies seem pretty cool.

When the WvW is a dud, try dueling is an alternative. You get to meet some new ppl, talk builds and tactics, and hone your skills…

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yak’s Bend outnumbered O___O

Attachments:

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Prana.5123

Prana.5123

Last night we got 3-4 ioj and 3-4 yaks. Hope yaks/ioj can come join us again! I’ve already dueled this ioj ranger like 9 times now.

Well seems like y’all only want that ranger since I was met with hostility. I guess I fell for the trap lol

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Good job Yak’s bend. That golem rush on West Keep Ioj just now was entirely unexpected!

We barely got siege up in time to stop it. That’s the kind of spunk you guys have been missing the past couple days. Keep it up.

During this, IoJ managed to get Garrison north wall down.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Good job Yak’s bend. That golem rush on West Keep Ioj just now was entirely unexpected!

We barely got siege up in time to stop it. That’s the kind of spunk you guys have been missing the past couple days. Keep it up.

During this, IoJ managed to get Garrison north wall down.

Notice how we were all lowbies lol….
We had like 3 80s in that group

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Pinko.2076

For those that can’t see it (we couldn’t) this isn’t even fully culled, and at the same time, they have a 20 man doing the rounds on the north supply circuit 50 was a conservative estimate for the total pop. This was at the same time that the yaks were doing a ~20-30 man 3 golem rush on a different borderland.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

For those that can’t see it (we couldn’t) this isn’t even fully culled, and at the same time, they have a 20 man doing the rounds on the north supply circuit 50 was a conservative estimate for the total pop. This was at the same time that the yaks were doing a ~20-30 man 3 golem rush on a different borderland.

And at the end of the day we wipe them open field outside of NW W keep with a flank and they all leave the map. They almost got more than a tower this time though!!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

dreztina.4820

There were several of us Yaks dueling OG and a few other Mags a couple of hours ago. We were on IoJ BL. Your guildies seem pretty cool.

When the WvW is a dud, try dueling is an alternative. You get to meet some new ppl, talk builds and tactics, and hone your skills…

I’ve done a lot of duels but it almost always ends up being 2-3x as many Mags and a lot of standing around. But if there’s decent participation from ioj and YB this week, I’ll try to make it to the next duels.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Notice how we were all lowbies lol….
We had like 3 80s in that group

I wasn’t trying to be insulting or anything. We really barely held you off. The gate got to 20%, and we hit local siege cap on inner, all pointed at the front.

We sort of screwed up in the manner.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

wonders where Dontain is

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Come duel IoJ and Yaks.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Holy crap have these last 2 weeks been the worst time I have ever had in this game. I dont see how any of this can be appealing to the band wagoners.

Even if we do get to a tier where things even out the population density is going to make it impossible to get a clean fight.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Cube.4905

Cube.4905

More outnumbered yaks

Attachments:

Deka – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Cube.4905

Cube.4905

New Maguuma anti-immigration Eternal Battlegrounds technique. No Yak’s Bend allowed.

Attachments:

Deka – Maguuma

in WvW

dreztina.4820

At duels, about 20 Mags, one person from YB, and two from IOJ.

Edit: And once again, YB rolls duels with a zerg. You guys may think I’m being unfair and overgeneralizing, but there’s a reason I say the things I do about your server.

I should clarify. The YB zerg rolled into the duels. They got rolled out.

Maguuma

(edited by dreztina.4820)

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

New Maguuma anti-immigration Eternal Battlegrounds technique. No Yak’s Bend allowed.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Maguuma rams built in Yaks EB spawn… epic…

“lolol waste of 1g lolol”

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mordayn.6198

Mordayn.6198

Maguuma rams built in Yaks EB spawn… epic…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

Hey Mag! I see those rams on the roof at the Titanpaw vista on IoJ BL! Get those outta there!!!!

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: byxor.6170

byxor.6170

wads posting from the future gg

interesting that invaders can build siege in enemy spawns, would think that buff goes both ways, maybe they felt that noone would be silly enough to do that

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Maguuma has been used to this since day one. We are all broke, but despite getting our teeth kicked in, we love to play. Did Yaks/IoJ never face match ups like this?

YB is probably burnt out from matches like this honestly. Has happened multiple times now that we end up vs a bandwagon server, who proceeds to tell us to hang in there and give tactical lessons. Said bandwagon servers then go up a tier or two and run into the same type of wall that we are in down here. Funny they seem to forget all their brillaint advice at that point, once matched up with even numbers, but maybe you’ll fare better.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

At duels, about 20 Mags, one person from YB, and two from IOJ.

Edit: And once again, YB rolls duels with a zerg. You guys may think I’m being unfair and overgeneralizing, but there’s a reason I say the things I do about your server.

I should clarify. The YB zerg rolled into the duels. They got rolled out.

Next time have the duels on a less busy borderland. Not many of us really want to come and spend time dueling when others were waiting in queue.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Eh, a lot of the time we’re on Mag and still people don’t really show up.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Derelicts standing out in fields fighting each other are going to be bad for winning in the higher ranks, when the battle is non-stop and their are few coverage gaps.

in WvW

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Holy crap have these last 2 weeks been the worst time I have ever had in this game. I dont see how any of this can be appealing to the band wagoners.

Even if we do get to a tier where things even out the population density is going to make it impossible to get a clean fight.

Agreed! Why would people want to be winning like this, I hate it! I miss our close 3 way fights and being in last place but making the other servers work very hard because we didn’t get up.

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

We don’t care about the same things Pendragon

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Most of your server does though that is why there are so many people there now. In tier 4 there is plenty of room for diversionary games, but up higher, every man is going to be needed. Transferring back down might be the honorable thing to do.

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Most of your server does though that is why there are so many people there now. In tier 4 there is plenty of room for diversionary games, but up higher, every man is going to be needed. Transferring back down might be the honorable thing to do.

While I doubt the few of us could make a difference, if we do have that much of an impact, then I hope we make the server lose so that the transfers leave and we can stay where we are.

Maguuma

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

If you are really good players, you could make a difference, even 5 or 10.

Kaineng is a freight train coming up the ranks faster than you guys and their main force is all business about WvW, read their matchup thread when called out about individual play, I doubt you will find many participants for your fights there, or in general the higher you go.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I 100% guarantee you that we will not stop doing what we do, including placing flame rams in the most idiotic places, no matter how high we go. If the people transferring to our server don’t like it, they can go elsewhere. This is our home.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

all the more reason to lose and drop tiers

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

We also do not agree on what is and is not honorable Pendragon.

in WvW

Posted by: crem.2615

crem.2615

y for the fodder maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

wonders where Dontain is

on his way to Kaineng according to my source….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK