Maguuma/Yak'sBend/EhmryBay WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: sam.4673

sam.4673

Ok so first of I’d like to say I started playing WvW yesterday on Yak’s Bend for the sole purpose of getting map completion. Upon fully realizing that you need to own a fortification to get the POI in the fort Ibegrudgingly decided to participate, maybe win some bases over. After getting ganked a few times running around on my own trying to get skill points, i came across this horde of players. I decided to tag along and wow, to my amazement I actually had a lot more fun than I thought I would.

That is until.

After two hours of non-stop skull cracking and wall bashing which gave me a real sense of accomplishment, I decided to look at the map a little bit more closely. Our entire trail had been retaken by Maguuma. I love a good challenge so I decided to play for a couple more hours. I noticed a commander on the map, and there seemed to be some a bit more coordination in /team chat. Did it matter? Nope. Not at all. No matter how hard we tried, it didn’t matter. Maguuma owns 100% of their own map and 50% of every other map, it’s hard to compete with that..

This game has been out for a month now, how long is it going to take for this Glicko rating system to kick in? I have absolutely no interest in playing WvW anymore after the emotional roller coaster I went through yesterday. Why are server transfers still free? It’s obviously making this issue worse.

Please fix this ANet, I can see myself really enjoying it in the future when it isn’t completely imbalanced.

(edited by sam.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Qwert.2950

Qwert.2950

Maguma got a massive point and morale lead from a few invulnerable keeps last weekend. One of them was the garrison on Ebay borderlands, so Ebay basically gave up this week numbers wise. I think Ebay had 5 people, total on Yak’s borderlands last night?

in WvW

Posted by: Shurimpu.2048

Shurimpu.2048

Maguuma player here. Sorry if you’re not enjoying WvWvW with us. You guys are outdoing EB at least, and there’s a reset today. Don’t ragequit WvWvW, the first dozen or so times you play it can be pretty unfun.

The game is only a month old. That seems long, sure, but ANet has been focusing on fixing bugs, and they need server data for WvWvW to assign things better. I know it sucks, we lost the last three WvWvWs ourselves, but the game is still very young.

Speaking of bugs, Qwert, what happened? I hadn’t heard of invulnerable keeps at all. The main difference I’ve seen is that Maguuma has more people than EB, not any exploits.

Kjaerand Gramvalda – Warrior – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: shoognite.2106

shoognite.2106

Maguma got a massive point and morale lead from a few invulnerable keeps last weekend. One of them was the garrison on Ebay borderlands, so Ebay basically gave up this week numbers wise. I think Ebay had 5 people, total on Yak’s borderlands last night?

Massive point lead from the keep? Lol

Jaquan “Shoognite” Jenkins
Urban Outreach Program Director, Goon Guilds, LLC.
Jjenkins@GoonGuildsLLC.com

in WvW

Posted by: Yoji Jojo.8036

Yoji Jojo.8036

maguuma using bots in ehmry bay borderlands at the left quaggan camp. something really needs to be done about this.

in WvW

Posted by: shoognite.2106

shoognite.2106

We have a crack team of Chinese gold farmers working 24-7 to supply monies for siege.

Jaquan “Shoognite” Jenkins
Urban Outreach Program Director, Goon Guilds, LLC.
Jjenkins@GoonGuildsLLC.com

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

Don’t get too dishearted. It’ll be better tonight when the new match-up starts. There hasn’t been a ton of people on the last few nights since we’ve been unable to get enough points to take the lead, and don’t need to fight to hold on to second place.

This weekend will be a fun fight!

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

sam.4673

I hope so, what time is the reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I was playing in both Eternal Battlegrounds and the Ehmry Bay Borderlands last night and overall it was pretty fun.

I have to admit that Maguuma outnumbered us by almost 2:1 but it still was a good challenge. In Ebay borderlands, we ended up recapturing the top half of the map after we originally had nothing, but I’m sure that was all retaken later.

A lot of players give up when there is no chance to gain a position, but I think those people give up too early. Capturing points still grants xp, karma and silver/copper so folks should still try to at least capture things.

The reset tonight should bring out more players and will probably be a better experience for you. I think its about 6-7pm Mountain Standard time when the restart kicks in.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

So basically you did wvw once, died, and then complained about it.

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

So basically you did wvw once, died, and then complained about it.

lol, kinda sounds that way doesn’t it?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

Please fix this ANet, I can see myself really enjoying it in the future when it isn’t completely imbalanced.

Anet has no control over people playing in WvW or not. It comes down to how many people from your server want to participate. When you are a group of 15 vs a group of 50 on a map, you will usually hold only a couple points, and the other force will take and keep the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

Hat’s off to Maguuma players. You guys organized better than EB or YB. I’m on Yak’s and spent some time in the match this past week.

We had some great fights with EB in the first couple of days. I would say (regardless of the score) the overall organization and player ability is actually pretty even between YB and EB.

Maguuma on the other hand just outplayed us. You did have a strong Wv3 playerbase during the entire match, good tactics and talented players. YB and EB participation trailed off pretty quickly after the first couple of days. Your victory has been earned regardless of all the hack-u-sations.

Well played and look forward to a re-match some day.

See that…no QQ’ing about night capping, or hacking, or we were outnumbered and it’s not fair. Yak’s lost and I hope we have learned from this. I wish people on our server would fortify positions just captured. Stop taking supplies from towers and garrisons. Learn that the mindless zerg of 30-40 people randomly roaming the map is not capable of winning a match. Please start communicating with one another. Start small groups that are solely for defending supply points and supply lines.

Communicate and learn peoples in game names. We have a lot of talented fighters. Yak’s has a lot of potential! Let’s take advantage of our potential!

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

sam.4673

“So basically you did wvw once, died, and then complained about it.”

Your point? Always love constructive feedback on forums. Thanks for taking time out of eating pizza pops in your mom’s basement to post that!

in WvW

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

The glicko ratings are a bit out of whack because of all the server transfers. The 24-hour cooldown has certainly helped, but it hasn’t stopped the transfer problem completely. I can’t blame people who love WvW for transferring to the winning team when it is so easy to do. I think that once they implement transfers as a gem-only or pay-only feature then the Glicko ratings will improve considerably.

As an Ehmry Bay player, I think part of it is that Maguuma pulled their act together considerably from last week, and part of it is the glicko rating issue. We don’t belong in this bracket, and anyone on the server could’ve told you that three weeks ago, but we had once very skewed match-up that bumped us up here for the moment.

The bugs don’t help. I won’t accuse Maguuma of anything, but being unable to capture our own garrison on our borderlands (because of the invulnerable bug) was a huge hit for us. It’s not so much the points issue – it’s the constant drain of manpower as every new batch of players needs to see the bug for themselves before they’ll leave the darned thing alone. Even at the end of the week, it was coming up every 5 minutes in chat. We wouldn’t likely have won without the bug, but it sure put a noticeable damper on participation and captures.

We’ll probably see you again for the next match up, Yaks, so here’s hoping for a closer fight. Good bye (and good riddance), Goons! I hope you give your next opponents just as rough of a time as you gave us.

in WvW

Zilm.8459

“So basically you did wvw once, died, and then complained about it.”

Your point? Always love constructive feedback on forums. Thanks for taking time out of eating pizza pops in your mom’s basement to post that!

Hate to say it but he does have a point. And your comment was part of that “constructive” line of thought?

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Hat’s off to Maguuma players. You guys organized better than EB or YB. I’m on Yak’s and spent some time in the match this past week.

We had some great fights with EB in the first couple of days. I would say (regardless of the score) the overall organization and player ability is actually pretty even between YB and EB.

Maguuma on the other hand just outplayed us. You did have a strong Wv3 playerbase during the entire match, good tactics and talented players. YB and EB participation trailed off pretty quickly after the first couple of days. Your victory has been earned regardless of all the hack-u-sations.

See that…no QQ’ing about night capping, or hacking, or we were outnumbered and it’s not fair. Yak’s lost and I hope we have learned from this. I wish people on our server would fortify positions just captured. Stop taking supplies from towers and garrisons. Learn that the mindless zerg of 30-40 people randomly roaming the map is not capable of winning a match. Please start communicating with one another. Start small groups that are solely for defending supply points and supply lines.

Communicate and learn peoples in game names. We have a lot of talented fighters. Yak’s has a lot of potential! Let’s take advantage of our potential!

What’re you talking about. Mag DID outnumber us completely. Yak at peak hours is capable of doing this even when they had all 3 orbs. (See picture). But once everyone needs to head bed, blue completely dominates everything. I’m not saying it wasn’t fair, just that Yaks could have had maybe double the score if only we had a early morning crew.

Attachments:

in WvW

Zilm.8459

What’re you talking about. Mag DID outnumber us completely. Yak at peak hours is capable of doing this even when they had all 3 orbs. (See picture). But once everyone needs to head bed, blue completely dominates everything. I’m not saying it wasn’t fair, just that Yaks could have had maybe double the score if only we had a early morning crew.

I don’t think I said they did not have larger numbers. Sorry if I was not clear enough when I stated they “did have a strong player base”. And with that we were outplayed.

I have seen us gain alot of territory on Yak’s. We do have our moments. And as you stated, YB’s palyer base must be about 90% 8am-5pm workers! I sure am one of them. Pretty f’ing sleep deprived tryng to do what I can when I’m on.

But we still have plenty of room for improvement Sausage, that’s all I was sayin’.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

Sorry to say it but if I understand the ranking system correctly, Yak’s Bend may well be matched up against Maguuma again next week. You guys have given us a good fight though so hopefully you can continue to provide a challenge next week and maybe even get the upper hand on us. With another server of higher quality than Ebay, it should make for a more balanced match all round.

(edited by Chalky.8540)

in WvW

Zilm.8459

You Goons are tough Chalky, I’ll give you that.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Berious.8650

Berious.8650

Maguuma spent weeks getting rocked until we’d set up the public mumble and the bigger guilds started co-operating closely. You can find plenty of LOL Magoona sucks threads way back in this forum. I don’t mind being on the losing team, more scope for capping stuff and earning mad xp/karma/gold.

in WvW

Posted by: ZigWentZag.6082

ZigWentZag.6082

i do feel like the free server transfer is ruining the lower ranked servers chances of ever ranking up

in WvW

Posted by: KymikoLoco.4857

KymikoLoco.4857

I think having RUIN come in at the end and join Maguuma was what really hit hard. So it was GOON and RUIN both zerging Ehmry, so we didn’t have a chance. That and the immortal keep lord being in the garrison for a couple days didn’t help matters. It was still tons of fun, and I’ve learned how to stay alive a lot longer while playing against them in wuvwuv. I don’t think anyone on Mag was glitching or anything, they just had the numbers to their advantage, and the organization to pull it off. Seems like overkill sometimes. They take their PvP seriously, that’s for sure xD

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

We have been getting a LOT more organized on Maguuma recently. We have only recently been more serious about WvW (possibly thanks to server transfers off of Maguuma and the influx of new players to our server).

From my view it would seem that after we capture either server’s keep on Eternal, they do not attempt to fight back as hard. Same would go for Orbs, once we had 3; there seemed to be very little resistance.

Although today we almost lost Yak’s Bend Orb to being heavily outnumbered, but after pulling more people from Eternal to get to Yak’s Borderland we were able to hold what should have been Yak’s Orb (based off of numbers alone; was about 10 defending the Orb at the Bay versus 20-30 Yak’s with 2 trebuchet on high ground)

Yak’s Bend and Emery offered good competition, it seems that with our recent gain of organization on Maguuma; that Yak’s/Emery took a massive morale loss and are less inclined to jump back into a full blue map.

Server resets in 1hour+ nonetheless, Good luck to all in this next matchup!!

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

(edited by ViperWire.4261)

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Sorry to say it but if I understand the ranking system correctly, Yak’s Bend may well be matched up against Maguuma again next week. You guys have given us a good fight though so hopefully you can continue to provide a challenge next week and maybe even get the upper hand on us. With another server of higher quality than Ebay, it should make for a more balanced match all round.

Tbh Yaks can hold their own against Mag as long as the other server has a presence too. Having Blue focus solely on Green simply because they know Red can’t do anything is lol. But yeah, next match should be a good one I hope.

in WvW

Posted by: norman.7026

norman.7026

There are a few reasons for this.

1) We started getting very organized right around the start of this match, so at this point we should probably be a few ranks higher than we are (assuming the other servers are still about where they were as of the 9/28 rankings).

2) Because of our better organization, we were able to take a decent lead and hold it on the second or third day. Morale tends to be a positive feedback loop of doing well leading to doing better, and doing poorly leading to doing worse. Our lead just kept snowballing, despite a couple good showings from both Yak’s Bend and Ehmry Bay over the past week, so the score difference just kept growing and more players were discouraged from trying to win it.

3) It’s the last day. No offense, but Yak’s and Ehmry know they’ve lost this one by now. While I may not necessarily agree with this mindset, undoubtedly a lot of players on those servers have decided to just stop and wait until the next match, so Maguuma naturally is going to make up the majority in most encounters.

I don’t know about overall population, and I don’t know if this applies to YB/EB or not, but one big thing Maguuma has going for it as a result of its increased coordination is the capacity and willingness for players from one borderlands to jump to another to help out as needed. Last night, we had something like 20-40 people moving from BL to BL to help hold things; I personally helped to take three garrisons last night. Being able to concentrate forces like that has certainly helped us to hold and take more positions than we otherwise would have been able to.

Again, this was probably easier than it might otherwise have been since it was the last day of fighting and much of YB/EB had probably already given up. But having a centralized communication hub did wonders for Maguuma this week, and I would expect similar results from other servers if they could do the same.

in WvW

Posted by: bwookie.3807

bwookie.3807

Truth is that all of the servers are High or Full most of the day and night. It’s jumping into WvW that is dependant on winning and losing. Which is probably why morale is such a big decision maker. Maguuma being ahead through the weekend made the PvE and sPvP players come in to either get some map locations or skill points and help out. Which ends up winning the match. Ehmry and Yak’s should try to get the rest of their server to login to WvW and show them a good time which will improve their performance in the next match. The people are there, no need to recruit from outside the server. Best of luck to everyone in the next match.

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

First off I feel I should point out I missed the first half of the match-up as I had transferred to Crystal Desert on Friday to see what things were like up in the higher brackets, so my observations on the Maguuma match-up are based on what I saw during the weekdays when I came back.

Yak’s and Ehmry’s morale already seemed to have been crushed when I got back, so that made a huge difference in participation, including on Maguuma’s side as the maps tended to empty of players on all sides when a map turned all blue.

In Maguuma’s case many of the players coordinated through Mumble to decide which map we’d hop to.

Based on what I observed participating in the map hopping group population actually seemed about even on all sides, however while Yak and Ehmry would be spread over all the maps Maguuma had our players concentrated in a large group and take over a map completely, then hop over to a map that wasn’t all blue to help out in there.

Maguuma’s dominance this round can be entirely attributed to the coordination that our new Mumble has allowed us to achieve.