Mesmer portal exploit

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Saxxon.7931

Saxxon.7931

Eredon Terrace and we know who I’m talking about is using this right at match reset. 50+ port in using mesmer skill remain invisible and aoe killing everyone before they load in after using this exploit.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

What exploit?

All you have described is server culling, which happens outside of player control any time there are too many people in one spot.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Proud Heart.7623

Proud Heart.7623

I know about mesmer portals, but I don’t see how they could be used to exploit. =/ Can you provide a more clear explanation?

Character Name: Proud Heart
Guild: Team Legacy [TL]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

What exploit?

All you have described is server culling, which happens outside of player control any time there are too many people in one spot.

This. People need to stop calling exploit every time something they don’t like happens.

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Wahii.5310

Wahii.5310

It is an exploit. A certain group likes to send 50+ people through a portal at once, knowing that they will not render on screen. A command is given to spam aoe’s at your feet, and they all come through and wipe the enemy group before they load in and can be seen.

By themselves mesmer portals are not an exploit, but using them for the express purpose of taking advantage of the character loading issues is most definately an exploit.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Proud Heart.7623

I have seen this tactic (yes, tactic) used by a lot of our enemies in WvW.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Wahii.5310

I have seen this tactic (yes, tactic) used by a lot of our enemies in WvW.

How is it a tactic? Sure, using portals to gain strategic placement can be called a tactic. Intentionally using them to prevent your team from rendering on screen is not a tactic, it is a clear exploit.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Sylv.1960

Sylv.1960

uh, you know if you just ran 50 people into a group instead of using a portal you would very likely still not see a large majority of them.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Wahii.5310

uh, you know if you just ran 50 people into a group instead of using a portal you would very likely still not see a large majority of them.

The difference here is that you don’t see ANY of them, and they are all on top of you wiping you instantly. Once you’re dead all 50 start to load in.

When a large group comes at you in a normal fashion some of them load in and you at least have some idea of where the enemy is.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Sylv.1960

Sylv.1960

ive had plenty of large groups be on top of me before I can see anyone >< Its pretty random and I hope they fix it.

Mesmer portal exploit

in WvW

Proud Heart.7623

The idea isn’t to prevent them from rendering on screen (even if that does happen). The idea is to use the element of surprise.

Here’s an example of usage. Team A is defending a keep. Team A has 3 ballista setup behind the doors. Team A will fire the ballista when the gates fall. If Team B learns about this (from a previous assault on the keep) or just want to play it safe, they can use a mesmer portal right outside the door. The mesmer double dodge rolls in and lays down the portal exit away from the main entrance. This gives Team B a strategic way of entering the keep (granting the element of surprise).

Without this option available, keep assaults would look something like this: (every time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvclK7hd_mo (action starts at 1:45ish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmlozBRXnSo