My feedback on stealth WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Who says Cloak and Dagger has to stealth you, and that Stealth should be the only way to give you an opener?

What if Cloak and Dagger just allowed you to use your Opener from out of Stealth?

Amazing suggestion.

Why not just get rid of stealth altogether while you’re at it?

Oh i’m sorry, you mean having the multiple utility skills you have that give you stealth isn’t good enough?

grin

So making those utilities a necessity is your solution? Making many other builds obsolete in the process?

Prefer to just leave it as is thanks, the way ANet intended.

I’m sure you’d prefer to leave it how it is, since its overpowered and not balanced at all right now.

In your opinion, which you’re entitled too. But don’t claim such to be fact.

Many of us counter stealth just fine and don’t think it requires any drastic changes like the small few that constantly repeat themselves on this forum.

Once ANet remove culling this month, the whining should calm down a bit.

. Then culling will be replaced by horrible lag, and thieves will still have god mode.

You have no idea mate.

Lag effects every class… You think they program the game so lag doesn’t effect thieves? Who says there will be lag anyway? We don’t know.

You’re clutching at straws as usual. Nothing to back up your claims, so you just start making stuff up.

Classic Columba.

in WvW

LOCO.1785

Secondly, if Spvp and WvWvW are the same, how about we balance thieves in WvWvW the same way they are balanced in Spvp?

Because there not the same… Far from it.

in WvW

LOCO.1785

Umm culling benefits thieves the most, so why haven’t thieves been balance to the same degree they have been in Spvp,, eg nerfed to Spvp? If culling helps them more, then why have they been made MORE powerful in WvWvW?

Culling is getting taken out this month. You know this, yet you keep repeating yourself.

True sign of a man with no more arguments left.

in WvW

Posted by: LilAdrian.5936

LilAdrian.5936

all i see here is a bunch of people raging about thieves n saying they should get a 10+ debuff on going back into sealth..i nist say that culling is the major problem here n have to agree that stealthing combined with culling is a issue but other from that you guys should stop wasting time running around with zergs or by yourself and go to the heart of the mist with either a lvl 1 thief n learn about them or practice against them with your toons instead of wasting time complaining on the fourms to something that will never happen because you fail to learn how a class works.
I mean you guys complain about everything D/D or buncker ele, D/P thieves, GS mesmer, 100 nade engi, ranger underwater/ down healing skill or thier evasive skills in S/D, 100 blades or kill shot warrior, bunker gaurdian and necros second health bar. Its just hilarious if i and many other people can find ways to counter all these mainstream builds so can u all u need to do is QUIT COMPLAINING and learn how to beat them.
Lvl 80 mesmer (main) 80 thief 80 necromancer 80 warrior 49 ranger 15 gaurdian 2 elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Secondly, if Spvp and WvWvW are the same, how about we balance thieves in WvWvW the same way they are balanced in Spvp?

Because there not the same… Far from it.

They’re not, it he claimed that they were!

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Columba.9730

Umm culling benefits thieves the most, so why haven’t thieves been balance to the same degree they have been in Spvp,, eg nerfed to Spvp? If culling helps them more, then why have they been made MORE powerful in WvWvW?

Culling is getting taken out this month. You know this, yet you keep repeating yourself.

True sign of a man with no more arguments left.

His argument made no sense.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Columba.9730

Where does it say that only thieves are allowed to solo?

No where, and there’s lots of people that run around with D/D Ele, GS Warr, Mesmer, and even some Necros and bunker troll Guardian builds and the like running around solo looking for 1v1 targets. And lots of them have great success with it and particularly look for Thieves to single out. I even saw a Ranger doing it last night who was shockingly good, although I’m not entirely sure he wasn’t cheating because I saw him using abilities of sorts that were completely new to me.

The thing is, most other classes have lots of good teamplay options to build for – and they use them. Why would they setup for dueling instead of setup to actually win? Thieves don’t have much of an option because small scale is literally the only thing the class is good at – the only thing that makes them special. They are deliberately designed to be lacking in other areas as a trade-off. The only logical thing left to do is scrounge for small scale tasks in WvW that are helpful and just be really good at them, no matter how limited those tasks may be.

Thieves do fine in Zerg vs Zerg. What you wrote isn’t accurate.

in WvW

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

If you are targeting a thief and he goes into stealth, all his conditions should be removed and you should immediately go out of combat and start regenerating health.

Or just remove the mechanic in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Stealth is equivilant to an Elite.

Most Elites prolong death or provide Burst Dmg.

Stealth gives the avenue for both of these aspects.

Give Stealth the Cooldown of an Elite via increasing the Stealth Debuff to 20+seconds.

Make thieves use tactic’s, not abuse of an ill thought out ability.

If they come out of stealth, they are forced to fight for more than 3 seconds, then hide again.

I had a copper for the of amount I have to times I’ve had to explain this I’d be able to buy my Precursor.

This suggestion would render the S/D and P/D worthless, forcing P/D to only fight with its incredibly weak auto attack and making S/D completely inferior to S/P. And better yet, this suggestion will do very little to stop D/x builds from making insane Backstab bursts and spamming Heartseeker.

The Burst isn’t the issue.

The issue is never being able to target your enemy or when you do, you only have them targeted for 5s before they restealth from the PLETHORA of stealth abilities they have and the screwed up Inititive Regen they’re alloted.

Burst is just an issue w/ other people playing glass cannons. That’s a Choice… nothing more and you, as thieves, deserve to wrech people who decide to play glass cannons. That’s part of your role.

The issue is STEALTH. Not Burst.

If you’re a single target class that doesn’t have good AOE, you’re hosed… any competient thief is just going to lay waste to them.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Give Stealth the Cooldown of an Elite via increasing the Stealth Debuff to 20+seconds.

If they come out of stealth, they are forced to fight for more than 3 seconds, then hide again.

I had a copper for the of amount I have to times I’ve had to explain this I’d be able to buy my Precursor.

This suggestion would render the S/D and P/D worthless, forcing P/D to only fight with its incredibly weak auto attack and making S/D completely inferior to S/P. And better yet, this suggestion will do very little to stop D/x builds from making insane Backstab bursts and spamming Heartseeker.

The issue is never being able to target your enemy or when you do, you only have them targeted for 5s before they restealth from the PLETHORA of stealth abilities they have and the screwed up Inititive Regen they’re alloted.

Burst is just an issue w/ other people playing glass cannons. That’s a Choice… nothing more and you, as thieves, deserve to wrech people who decide to play glass cannons. That’s part of your role.

If you’re a single target class that doesn’t have good AOE, you’re hosed… any competient thief is just going to lay waste to them.

Sounds like culling. Ive never had trouble targetting a thief.

in WvW

Amins.3710

^^ comming from a thief…. oh the irony.

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I play every character in WvW, Im not only a thief. I wish others would do the same, seems most of the people who QQ have only played 1 or 2 chars, like yourself. Hence why they need to learn the mechanics. Just look at this thread. Its full of people that are basing their opinions of dribble that they seen in a video or read somewhere and then come in stating it as fact like they have a clue.

in WvW

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

A thief can take the same risks we do by rezzing others.

I will never attempt a non-stealth dunk while in a group, doing so 100% ensures I’ll die.

mist stomp >Shrink stomp >Stability stomp> Swiftness stomp >Stealth stomp.
Bubble revives>Chain invuln revives>Stealth revives.

Stealth stomping: No counter, I can’t target you.
If you see a thief CnD on your teammate, you use aoe and autoattack on the area s you anticipate the stomp cast. Stealth stomps in groups are rarely effective when defended against. What am I supposed to do against a tiny stomp or bubbled stomp?

Condition damage should be the counter for stealth, but with this trait and the heal while stealthed

It is, which is why a ‘bunker’ spec, or actually any non glass spec, mandatory has to put 30 points into shadow arts, which offers absolutely no damage increase at all. My shadow rejuv ticks for 342 with max +healing armor/weapons and +6% medic buff. I can remove a maximum of 3 conditions every ~15 seconds assuming I land CnD and want to blow all initiative and deal zero damage. If players stick around for that long over and over it’s their own fault for apparently wanting to fight a bunker. But that’s not the point really.

In the end culling is the absolute problem, lets see how everything changes when it’s fixed.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

(edited by slender.1482)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

If thieves are blaming culling as the fundamental problem to the OP’ness of stealth, What should ANET do if they can’t fix it?

That is the question…….

People state that this is the reason for the seeming imbalance to the skills of thieves, now please state how they should fix this if culling can’t be eliminated.

This is not about crying or whining, this is about a problem that many players feel needs to be addressed…..

How can so many complaints arise if there wasn’t a problem?

Responses from the ANET dev teams would be greatly appreciated.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

If thieves are blaming culling as the fundamental problem to the OP’ness of stealth, What should ANET do if they can’t fix it?

That is the question…….

People state that this is the reason for the seeming imbalance to the skills of thieves, now please state how they should fix this if culling can’t be eliminated.

This is not about crying or whining, this is about a problem that many players feel needs to be addressed…..

Not that many complaints have arised. Its just a vocal minority on an internet gaming forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Culling is going to get fixed, and people are going to see Stealth is still insanely overpowered…

Because Culling has very little to do with Stealth being overpowered.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Culling is going to get fixed, and people are going to see Stealth is still insanely overpowered…

I disagree… I don’t think culling will ever be fixed (without a lag-a-thon resulting).

in WvW

Amins.3710

I play every character in WvW, Im not only a thief. I wish others would do the same, seems most of the people who QQ have only played 1 or 2 chars, like yourself. Hence why they need to learn the mechanics. Just look at this thread. Its full of people that are basing their opinions of dribble that they seen in a video or read somewhere and then come in stating it as fact like they have a clue.

You’re right, I know absolutely nothing about WvW & PvP & what classes can and cannot do.

Thank you…. /slaps forehead

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

That is the question…….

Not that many complaints have arised. Its just a vocal minority on an internet gaming forum.

So the thousands of responses is a vocal minority? Go look how many threads appear complaining about stealth…..

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Still it doesn’t justify cutting S/D and P/D at the wrists just because D/x is good at everything.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Amins.3710

And what I think is the most ~ridiculous~ comment within your stated opinion is the fact that you think that being out of stealth for 20s renders the dagger as an OFFHAND weapon, compeltely worthless…

Says sooo much about thieves defending stealth.

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

sostronk.8167

That is the question…….

So the thousands of responses is a vocal minority? Go look how many threads appear complaining about stealth…..

Such exaggeration. It must be and epidemic.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

You’re right, I know absolutely nothing about WvW & PvP & what classes can and cannot do.

Your welcome.

in WvW

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

A thief can take the same risks we do by rezzing others.

I will never attempt a non-stealth dunk while in a group, doing so 100% ensures I’ll die.

mist stomp >Shrink stomp >Stability stomp> Swiftness stomp >Stealth stomp.
Bubble revives>Chain invuln revives>Stealth revives.

Stealth stomping: No counter, I can’t target you.
If you see a thief CnD on your teammate, you use aoe and autoattack on the area s you anticipate the stomp cast. Stealth stomps in groups are rarely effective when defended against. What am I supposed to do against a tiny stomp or bubbled stomp?

Condition damage should be the counter for stealth, but with this trait and the heal while stealthed

It is, which is why a ‘bunker’ spec, or actually any non glass spec, mandatory has to put 30 points into shadow arts, which offers absolutely no damage increase at all. My shadow rejuv ticks for 342 with max +healing armor/weapons and +6% medic buff. I can remove a maximum of 3 conditions every ~15 seconds assuming I land CnD and want to blow all initiative and deal zero damage. If players stick around for that long over and over it’s their own fault for apparently wanting to fight a bunker. But that’s not the point really.

In the end culling is the absolute problem, lets see how everything changes when it’s fixed.

Thanks for ignoring all the arguments I made and cherrypicking the arguments you want to talk about.

If players stick around for that long over and over it’s their own fault for apparently wanting to fight a bunker. But that’s not the point really.

Haha, now you admit thiefs are OP, there is no counter to a ‘bunker’ thief like you just admitted, 30 points in shadow arts makes a thief unkillable, while it can still wear berzerker gear for superb damage. That’s no bunker thief, that’s a flawed mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No where, and there’s lots of people that run around with D/D Ele, GS Warr, Mesmer, and even some Necros and bunker troll Guardian builds and the like running around solo looking for 1v1 targets. And lots of them have great success with it and particularly look for Thieves to single out. I even saw a Ranger doing it last night who was shockingly good, although I’m not entirely sure he wasn’t cheating because I saw him using abilities of sorts that were completely new to me.

The thing is, most other classes have lots of good teamplay options to build for – and they use them. Why would they setup for dueling instead of setup to actually win? Thieves don’t have much of an option because small scale is literally the only thing the class is good at – the only thing that makes them special. They are deliberately designed to be lacking in other areas as a trade-off. The only logical thing left to do is scrounge for small scale tasks in WvW that are helpful and just be really good at them, no matter how limited those tasks may be.

Lol. Thieves are the weakest zerg class. Name one class that is weaker. Go ahead, really. Waiting…. Waiting.. The correct answer is none. Thanks for playing though.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This thread really needs to be closed. It is way off topic at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

It is not off topic in one bit, as a Rng, and Eng. class as well, this concern me a lot. This not only affect one class beside theif but all others as well.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

sostronk.8167

It is not off topic in one bit, as a Rng, and Eng. class as well, this concern me a lot. This not only affect one class beside theif but all others as well.

The OP said this was a “This is a Constructive thread, meant to help the game designers to get stealth back on track in WvW.” All we have is clueless noobs complaining when they don’t even understand the mechanics of the thief other than what they have read and heard. Id say thats well off topic.

in WvW

Dual.8953

snip

snip

And what I think is the most ~ridiculous~ comment within your stated opinion is the fact that you think that being out of stealth for 20s renders your the dagger as an OFFHAND weapon, compeltely worthless…

Says sooo much about thieves defending stealth.

Have you seen what P/D and S/D have to work with?
I’ll start with P/D. Most common used skills in all P/D builds Sneak Attack and Cloak and Dagger.
Why 1S# Sneak Attack? So P/D users can stack as much bleeding as possible.
Why 5# Cloak and Dagger? Because Sneak Attack can only be activated through stealth.
Why don’t they rely on 1# Vital Shot? The damage and conditions are pathetic.
Why don’t they rely on 2# Body Shot? It’s damage is so low it’s not even worth the 3 initiative it costs to fire it.
Why don’t they rely on 3# Shadow Strike? It’s a melee range average damage escape skill. Only good as a space maker skill.
Why don’t they rely on 4# Dancing Dagger? Damage is too low to be an effective damage skill, it’s only good for crippling fleeing opponents.
To Summarize, all of P/D’s skills are too weak to be considered threatening, save for 1S# Sneak Attack. And 1S# Sneak attack can only be used in stealth.

Now on to S/D.
S/D’s a bit more complicated and not as reliant on stealth as P/D but it still still needs regular stealth to be effective.
First thing to understand about S/D, it’s ideal damage dealer is its auto-attack. This presents a problem to S/D users as Sword’s Auto Attack is about as basic as auto attacks get. They face the challenge of needing to score as many hits as possible to down their foes all while having to avoid as much damage as possible while in melee range to cope with Thief’s general squishyness.
How do the overcome this challenge? Their 1S# Tactical Strike. Tactical Strike is a rather low damage skills but it has the effect that if you hit someone from behind they’ll be dazed (while dazed a player can still move but use no other skills then stun breaks.) for 2 seconds (1.5 seconds in sPvP) and if you hit from this front, you’ll inflict a 5 second blind (let it be known that Blind is the condition equivalent to Aegis, it makes it so the victim will miss their next attack then wear off).
Tactical Strike allows S/D to perform as a control spec with the aim of scoring as many hits as possible while trying to prevent as many retaliatory hits as possible.
And as stated, Tactical Strike is a stealth only skills so Cloak and Dagger is essential in using Tactical Strike to its fullest.
Now I’ll got over the other skills.
2# Infiltrator’s Strike/Shadow Return. Infiltrator’s Strike makes you shadowstep to a target enemy and immobilize them for 1 second, then becomes Shadow Return.
Shadow Return is a stun break that shadowsteps you back to where you first cast Infiltrator’s Strike and removes 1 condition.
All in all, a good skill, but you won’t kill anyone with it due to its low damage.

3# Flanking Strike. A mid to high damage evade skill that whirls you behind your target and strike with an unblockable boon strip then a mid high damage strike.
Sounds awesome on paper, unfortunately the skill’s pathing is bad making it highly inaccurate and worthless against moving targets. Its evade also activates slow so it’s not viable as an instantaneous evade skill.

4# Dancing Dagger. I’ve already explained dancing dagger, S/D sees a bit more use out of it but it’s still low damage.

Now you may be thinking S/D sounds almost passable as a set without stealth which is almost true. It’s probably the most balanced stealth set, but there’s one problem, S/P.

S/P not only has everything S/D has only without stealth, with the exception that it trades stealth and boon strip for a burst attack.
What do I mean by it has everything S/D has? Well first they both have Infiltrator’s Strike/Shadow Return.
Now that’s out of the way, even though S/P doesn’t have stealth to access Tactical Strike, it can skill daze and blind all it wants with it’s last 3 skills.
3# Pistol Whip. Pistol Whip leads off with a half second stun then proceeds to assault the victim with flurry of slashes while invulnerable. Its like a rooted version of Blurred Frenzy with a stun.
4# Headshot. A quarter second spammable projectile that dazes. Not as powerful as tactical strike, but it’s ranged and a spammable interrupt.
5# Black Powder. Fires a blinding shot and creates a 4 second smoke field around the thief which blinds enemies in it every time it pulses.

So basically S/D and S/P and the same except S/D is more defensive and has stealth, and S/P is more offensive and doesn’t have stealth. If you remove S/D’s frequent access to stealth, S/D will become completely inferior to S/P and lose the the core of its play style becoming a completely pointless set.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Lol. Thieves are the weakest zerg class. Name one class that is weaker. Go ahead, really. Waiting…. Waiting.. The correct answer is none. Thanks for playing though.

Ranger

in WvW

Dual.8953

Ranger

Kidding right? They can get so many evades, heals and other survival tricks and still have more AoE then Thieves.
Dem water fields are glorious.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Kidding right? They can get so many evades, heals and other survival tricks and still have more AoE then Thieves.

I know right, they have roll for initiative, shadowstep, withdraw, smoke fields and healing while in stealth, a spammable cripple on shortbow too. Their autoattack bounces as well.

Yeah! Wait what?

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Sostronk “clueless noobs” I feel offended.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Columba.9730

That is the question…….

lol wrong. Thousands of complaints. you don’t see them because the threads are deleted.

in WvW

Columba.9730

Lol wrong. Thieves that know how to play do well in zerg vs zerg. Rangers and engineers are weaker. hands down.

in WvW

Columba.9730

I disagree… I don’t think culling will ever be fixed (without a lag-a-thon resulting).

Fine. then let’s start adjusting stealth since your fellow thieves claim that only culling is causing problems with stealth.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Fine. then let’s start adjusting stealth since your fellow thieves claim that only culling is causing problems with stealth.

The culling thing is not really something to discuss. In all honesty, I have more problems with the effects of veil on culling than I do facing other thieves on whatever char I am playing at the time. And the mechanics of veil and culling tend to promote one another. If you are in a 1v1 with a thief though, its likely they will Anets code will let you know they are there. But when your facing a 50 man zerg with 3 or so mesmers constantly dropping veils it becomes pretty rough.

in WvW

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

I play thief and I agree we’re OP if you cant kite at all if you get hit by the first backstab. Ill say take out stealth for thieves and make us support skills instead to balance out the OPness. Maybe take out backstab too… or steal… or just take out thief in game…. Thanks ANet.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Lol wrong. Thieves that know how to play do well in zerg vs zerg. Rangers and engineers are weaker. hands down.

Not from my experience. Try that in Tier 1 right now. I would get dropped by Blackgate before doing any damage to their zerg as a thief. Which is why I have been either A. rolling Necro and playing with the zerg or B. Roaming with a thief and looking for small scale fights. I have rolled pretty big zergs before with thiefs, thats true, but when the zerg has alot of good players it doesn’t go down so well.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Sure i’ll agree with getting hit results in being destealth and reduced movement speed to walking speed while stealthed, as long as we change it so that targetting is required to attack and collision based is removed, thieves should also be like their counterparts in those other games. Stealth last until you unstealth yourself or get hit, expand our utility/weapon bar(buttons) to accommodate us having a larger skill pool to use for skills such as, emergency super speed, invincibilty, Cd resets, oh yeah the “emergency” in combat stealth.

Thief class gets complain on in every game, this ain’t new. Yes I play a thief in GW2, the only game I have ever used a stealth class. I’ll take any reasonable nerf to stealth, not that the tears will ever stop until stealth is taken away, then I suppose we can all complain about the theif’s mobility.

[DONE]

in WvW

Columba.9730

Not from my experience. Try that in Tier 1 right now. I would get dropped by Blackgate before doing any damage to their zerg as a thief. Which is why I have been either A. rolling Necro and playing with the zerg or B. Roaming with a thief and looking for small scale fights. I have rolled pretty big zergs before with thiefs, thats true, but when the zerg has alot of good players it doesn’t go down so well.

so does every class. lol. thieves are no worse off.

in WvW

Columba.9730

Sure i’ll agree with getting hit results in being destealth and reduced movement speed to walking speed while stealthed, as long as we change it so that targetting is required to attack and collision based is removed, thieves should also be like their counterparts in those other games. Stealth last until you unstealth yourself or get hit, expand our utility/weapon bar(buttons) to accommodate us having a larger skill pool to use for skills such as, emergency super speed, invincibilty, Cd resets, oh yeah the “emergency” in combat stealth.

Thief class gets complain on in every game, this ain’t new. Yes I play a thief in GW2, the only game I have ever used a stealth class. I’ll take any reasonable nerf to stealth, not that the tears will ever stop until stealth is taken away, then I suppose we can all complain about the theif’s mobility.

all other games cause stealth to drop when the thief attacks or gets attacked. I’ve played those games too. Here, thieves get perma stealth, highest dps and highest mobility. no wonder they are universally hated.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Ever since I run that Snow Leopold elite, I don’t hate stealth anymore.

Stealth just need some anti-stealth skills for balance. For example let Mesmer “read minds” and detect stealth around her. Let Necro spray a coloured gas to detect stealth in an area. Let elementalists put ice on the ground so any stealthed would slip and fall. Let Engineers put sticky glue on the ground so any stealthed would be stuck. etc.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Columba.9730

Ever since I run that Snow Leopold elite, I don’t hate stealth anymore.

Stealth just need some anti-stealth skills for balance. For example let Mesmer “read minds” and detect stealth around her. Let Necro spray a coloured gas to detect stealth in an area. Let elementalists put ice on the ground so any stealthed would slip and fall. Let Engineers put sticky glue on the ground so any stealthed would be stuck. etc.

let rangers have a see stealther pet.

in WvW

slender.1482

Haha, now you admit thiefs are OP, there is no counter to a ‘bunker’ thief like you just admitted, 30 points in shadow arts makes a thief unkillable, while it can still wear berzerker gear for superb damage. That’s no bunker thief, that’s a flawed mechanic.

haha…? don’t try to mince words, try reading previous discussion before, I’ve already said it plenty of times before, if I get hard CC’d just once or twice, I’m as good as dead, there’s almost nothing I can do, especially when not running with a stun breaker.

I said we are required 30 points in shadow arts to maintain surviving. And no, we can’t wear berserker gear to the same effectiveness. I’ve already said it (again please read) that I wear full healing/vital/toughness/condi gear running with all points spent into survivability and stealth, and yet I still die to hundred blades glass or engi bombs or glass thief, well executed CC will destroy any stealth spec.

I’m not complaining about it though – that’s the counter, any hard cc really.. I spend all my effort into surviving and avoiding CC

(edited by slender.1482)

in WvW

Columba.9730

haha…? don’t try to mince words, try reading previous discussion before, I’ve already said it plenty of times before, if I get hard CC’d just once or twice, I’m as good as dead, there’s almost nothing I can do, especially when not running with a stun breaker.

I said we are required 30 points in shadow arts to maintain surviving. And no, we can’t wear berserker gear to the same effectiveness. I’ve already said it (again please read) that I wear full healing/vital/toughness/condi gear running with all points spent into survivability and stealth, and yet I still die to hundred blades glass or engi bombs or glass thief, well executed CC will destroy any stealth spec.

untrue. thieves can get cc’d and still survive.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Ranger

In zerg fights, i can do more AOE on my thief, Heal just as good if not better, and have far more survival then my ranger any day of the week.

1v1 I might agree with you on some points, but you’re off your rocker if you think a Ranger is remotely better then a thief at a zerg fight.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

I’m not complaining about it though – that’s the counter, any hard cc really.. I spend all my effort into surviving and avoiding CC

You’re required to run 30 in Shadowarts because its absolutely amazing as a line.

Its got more utility packed in it then most other classes have in all their lines..

Your complaints about CC are hilarious at best.

Thieves have multiple escapes that are far better then most classes.

in WvW

slender.1482

You’re required to run 30 in Shadowarts because its absolutely amazing as a line.

Its got more utility packed in it then most other classes have in all their lines..

Your complaints about CC are hilarious at best.

Thieves have multiple escapes that are far better then most classes.

the only escape I run is shadowstep, if it’s on cooldown and I’m knocked down, I’m dead. Whenever HiS is interupted I’m basically guarenteed death unless I have all other cooldowns to blow. Do you suggest I run roll for init. and shadowstep with withdraw or something? Sure, infiltrator’s is an escape, but at that point the fight is lost, and unless I combo with every other cooldown I have (SR/BP/SS/HiS) IR is still not always effective and devours all initiative within 2 arrows, which just goes back to the good ol’ rage inducing aspect of stealth, which isn’t actually a valid problem.

saying that shadow arts is overpacked isn’t an argument – I say it’s required for any spec outside of glass because it’s really the only tree that offers any surviavbility, besides a few in acro. Glass will not put a single point in SA tree for the sake of being glass. Why does everyone think traiting into stealth healing heals for so much? I regen ~350 with near maximum healing power.

in WvW

Amins.3710

Your welcome.

You’re.

Amins – Guardian