NA T8 Matchup 5/10/13: HoD, FC, ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rattlehead.1476

Rattlehead.1476

Hey Eredon Terrace and Fergs should just marry each other.
that way you can crawl on the bottom together, or hell maybe you’ll get somewhere!

You must be new here, allow me to provide you a heads up, we have been in the bottom tier together long before you or HoD showed up.

We are more like siblings at this point, we have our petty spats, but in the end, we are stuck together.

Gives a whole new meaning to double teaming when guild [BS] from ET insist on not capping anything in our BL in order to solely defend FC camps and towers. ET, don’t you want to come in 2nd?

Just be sure you’re not mixing the ET Basic[BS] guild up with the Fergs Bloody Swagmen[BS] same tag yet completely different guilds. Just thought I’d mention that since we made a bit of a habit of defending what we took in your BL to keep the PPT as long as possible

Jadeikins: Friendly neighbourhood Thief
Lady Nikh: The Goddess of Victory ^_^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Bring this double team on. Was getting boring any ways.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheDesertWolf.6724

TheDesertWolf.6724

as you stand around in Lions Arch >_<

Gregor The Mountain
typical Hodgoblin with a big hammer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wreckz.6472

Wreckz.6472

that way you can crawl on the bottom together, or hell maybe you’ll get somewhere!

You must be new here, allow me to provide you a heads up, we have been in the bottom tier together long before you or HoD showed up.

We are more like siblings at this point, we have our petty spats, but in the end, we are stuck together.

Gives a whole new meaning to double teaming when guild [BS] from ET insist on not capping anything in our BL in order to solely defend FC camps and towers. ET, don’t you want to come in 2nd?

Lol. I like how people judge an entire server over a single experience they might have had. Anyway, I assure you we’re just in it to kill. We are in no way teaming up with any other world or do our actions alone represent all of ET. We could care less about defending a tower or even a camp. If we take anything its to draw attention and lure in some people to kill. Sometimes it is because there is nothing to kill and we are bored, ultimately leading to a zerg showing up and allowing us to have people to kill.

U Got Thiefed (Thief)
Hallucination (Mesmer)
ET – Basic (BS) Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: XxNuggetxX.7823

XxNuggetxX.7823

Since I received a message saying it was deleted because the post i quoted was removed.

GJ to all those who ran with me last nite. A special thanks’ to Archilese, Rikkity and all the [BS] that ran. Thanks to your help we managed to take the lead from HOD and create a decent lead.

Rikkity, you will be missed on FC. GL to you in your new job, but secretly I hope it sucks so you come back to us.

XnuggetX: 80 Engineer – Nuggetxxx: 80 Gardian
Bloody Swagmen[BS], Fergs Night Crew.
Senior Member, Commander Tag.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

On that note, shoutout to all our Aussies and other on the FC night crew: I kittening love you guys. You kick so much butt. <3

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wakafanykai.1537

Wakafanykai.1537

Score update my lovely friends? : 3

Bjorn Jacobson (80, Condi-nado Engineer)
Journey’s Edge[EDGE]
Feuguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

XxNuggetxX.7823

Anyone got a score update for those of us (mainly aussie’s) at work atm?

Or even better update millenium, 9 hour’s since last updated

in Match-ups

Rattlehead.1476

Soon as my game loads ill update and update millenium for ya nugs :-)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Just be sure you’re not mixing the ET Basic[BS] guild up with the Fergs Bloody Swagmen[BS] same tag yet completely different guilds. Just thought I’d mention that since we made a bit of a habit of defending what we took in your BL to keep the PPT as long as possible

^ This.

Anyway, when you have been facing the same people long enough like ET has been with FC, (going what now.. 20 weeks?) it’s just going to happen that you get along. Sorry to burst the bubble of people that come here full of spit, fire, and vinegar, but, really, it’s T8, learn to have fun, because being the best in the bottom tier is nothing to get too worked up over.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

XxNuggetxX.7823

Soon as my game loads ill update and update millenium for ya nugs :-)

Just got done. thx!

WoW GJ day crew keep it up!

in Match-ups

Rattlehead.1476

score update :-P

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

It’s not really fair for mesmers to duel

I beat 2 mesmers from ET today

Still up for more Dueling in WvW! Whether it be 1v1, 1v2, whatever

Looking for ET and FC challengers!!

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

OK, I hope this guy is a troll. If not…

His server gets banished to T8 and then he wants to tell us how to win. That’s cute.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

It was definitely ET’s BS. I would’ve been less surprised if it was FC. To wreckz, ofc you dont rep your entire server, thats why i specifically mentioned your guild. Seems like most times i encounter your peeps, they’re not doing much to help your server’s score. Picking random fights seems to miss the point of wvw but to each his own lol

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

(edited by Talia.7412)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’ll just sit and watch…

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

I have been having a ton of fun so far this week, feels like everyone has stepped it up a notch! Especially fergy, you guys have been a formidable opponent. Great job!

T8 was stuck with the mis-ranked (t6-ish) SF server for so long we are still rebuilding morale. THIS is the WvW I missed from last fall.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

There are several guilds that moved down to T8 for small group roaming. The main goal is to kill other people. Objectives are not important to them at all. It’s much more about the open field battles.

WvW has been fun this week. I’ve met a lot of great people. Thanks FC & HoD. I hope the fun continues.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Wakafanykai.1537

Here is a VERY recent score update. It’s quite fun defending against HoD and ET at the same time at the same place xD

Attachments:

Journey’s Edge[EDGE]
Feuguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

I hope to see more of my server out. Especially later NA prime time to late night. The showing has just been terrible. Pretty easy for FC and ET to take stuff at this time if we don’t fight back. FC may actually take first and ET second this week because of the lack of participation from HoD.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Where did HoD go?

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Match-ups

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

ET BL, i mean …
ET Rage D:

Attachments:

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

LOL, working or sleeping I imagine. Ill be here for the next 9 hours.

#jobs

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

If anyone wants to 1v1 duel in WvW, shoot me a PM

Ill take you up on that. I’m always looking for duels or small scale.

1v1 seems as small scale as you get. Only 1v0 beats that!! :P

EDIT: trying to correct it so it doesn’t sound too ridiculous. I read “duels on small scale”. Sorry about that… lol

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

ET BL, i mean …
ET Rage

What the hell?!?! We lost all of our coverage other than prime time? Last night it was preety balanced with the fergs having a slight lead.

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

T8: FC vs ET
Some pics D :

Attachments:

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

ET BL, i mean …
ET Rage

Congrats on PvDooring us. Its not really news. NSP did it with 3 people one night and reported they saw literally 0 HoD the entire time.

The match has reached that point, as it always does for us. HoD has the largest coverage gaps of any server and it always is a problem for us. ET and FC are double teaming us at night – not as a premeditated attack or any sort of cooperation, but because its so easy. FC in EB, ET in our BL. Preceded by SF in EB, NSP in our BL when they’d previously been doing SF in our BL and NSP in our BL. Before that, NSP in our BL, GoM in EB and before that DH everywhere. It was just a matter of time before ET and FC realized it as well. Its not their fault at all though.

I’m on nights for HoD half the week and it gets tiring, not because of our opponents – they’re playing smart. We have a few very dedicated individuals who also cover that gap but when enough of them need a break from it, the above happens. Hopefully, if nothing else, those who struggle with coverage gaps on other servers will be reassured that someone has it worse.

That said, we know about the problem and no one is impressed.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

That said, we know about the problem and no one is impressed.

we are

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renuo.1396

Renuo.1396

T8: FC vs ET
Some pics D :

For it to actually be FC vs ET you have to actually attack each other.

Mordeth Immortal [Mend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

2 v 1 = no skill ET, FC.. anyone can do that.

it’s adorable you all think you’re doing a fantastic job, but really.. you’ve just made an alliance.
but lets be honest, you both couldn’t beat hod 1v1, so it all makes sense.

Dusty Dawg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

It’s moments like this that make me smile as a FC resident. After a server gets knocked down to T8, FC and ET still have far more in common with each other and relish the chance to take on new opponents. The enemy of my enemy is my… friend?

Great job FC and ET. Though I’m still PvE grinding for the last of the gear that I need after taking a 3 month break, I plan on starting to hit to WvW again. Seeing these kinds of upsets really do encourage people in the T8 servers to give WvW another try.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheDesertWolf.6724

TheDesertWolf.6724

checking in before i head out and i see this… hopefully by lunch time changes will be made…

Go Henge…

Attachments:

Gregor The Mountain
typical Hodgoblin with a big hammer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Weird HoD was the one night and morning capping a week ago

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

ehh... hod did get almost their whole BL flipped on thurday, then again on friday...so maybe they were night and morning capping early in the week, but not so much at the end of it.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

as you stand around in Lions Arch >_<

Says our pet troll forum warrior…cute! Come roll with us when you’re not busy in here and see what happens when LA is left behind.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

then die together.

Don’t make us come down there….

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

It was definitely ET’s BS. I would’ve been less surprised if it was FC. To wreckz, ofc you dont rep your entire server, thats why i specifically mentioned your guild. Seems like most times i encounter your peeps, they’re not doing much to help your server’s score. Picking random fights seems to miss the point of wvw but to each his own lol

You don’t quite fully understand what WvW is. It is a platform for player vs player, and player vs door at the same time. [BS] / [Invi] / [OINK] / [KoM] / [PAXA] / (Sometimes [FoE] / (sometimes [SeT], DO NOT play the pvdoor version of WvW. All you zergers seem to think that the “real” way to play wvw is pvdoor and to get points. Wrong. That is A way to play it, we chose the more fulfilling / challenging route of player vs player. We’re all also from a different era of mmo’s. We actually like using more than 3 abilities per fight. We usually use somewhere in the range of 30-40 abilities in 1 minute? Maybe less time?

So yea to each his own. We wont be helping our server’s anytime soon.

PAXA -GM

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

You don’t quite fully understand what WvW is. It is a platform for player vs player, and player vs door at the same time. [BS] / [Invi] / [OINK] / [KoM] / [PAXA] / (Sometimes [FoE] / (sometimes [SeT], DO NOT play the pvdoor version of WvW. All you zergers seem to think that the “real” way to play wvw is pvdoor and to get points. Wrong. That is A way to play it, we chose the more fulfilling / challenging route of player vs player. We’re all also from a different era of mmo’s. We actually like using more than 3 abilities per fight. We usually use somewhere in the range of 30-40 abilities in 1 minute? Maybe less time?

Idk why there can’t be a balance of both. I like to think that I go for all aspects of WvW, including running with zergs, structured 15mans, structured 5 mans, solo roaming, and setting up siege and upgrading alone after a tower is capped. I think switching between different types of gameplay is what has kept me playing almost every day for several hours in WvW since launch.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

Idk why there can’t be a balance of both. I like to think that I go for all aspects of WvW, including running with zergs, structured 15mans, structured 5 mans, solo roaming, and setting up siege and upgrading alone after a tower is capped. I think switching between different types of gameplay is what has kept me playing almost every day for several hours in WvW since launch.

Word, Moobs. I totally agree with your post.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

in Match-ups

I agree with Moobs. I enjoy the small group aspect but I also like getting objectives. All of it is fun for me. Jscull, I know you love the pvp aspect the most and I sense that you think that is the best way to play. Other people play the game differently and it is just as enjoyable for them as pvp is for you. Let’s all get along and have fun!

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Sorry but there is no rush from taking a tower. There is probably 1/8th the brain power used that it takes to win a fight against as good or better players. I’m not here to waste my time or my guilds time on 1/8 brain power activities.
8 year olds can log on throw seige down and spam 2 buttons. We’ve moved past that rung on the mmo ladder.

PAXA -GM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

I understand where you are coming from. It sounds like you prefer open world PK. I miss that as well sometimes. However, trying to shoehorn it into WvW seems to end in people upset because their duels get interrupted…

<rant>I think its ridiculous theres no proper dueling mechanism!</rant>

However, in a previous “RvR” experience, I ran with a small man strike group. We laid ground work and captured key points so the zerg can do the boring caps and we can move on to something else ([invi] reminds me of us). We found that while we are doing this, you run into similar teams from the enemy with skill level on par/greater than yours. That’s how we got our good fights in RvR!

Outside of “RvR” its back to free-for-all PK though, unfortunately GW2 is too carebear for that..

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

Sorry but there is no rush from taking a tower. There is probably 1/8th the brain power used that it takes to win a fight against as good or better players. I’m not here to waste my time or my guilds time on 1/8 brain power activities.
8 year olds can log on throw seige down and spam 2 buttons. We’ve moved past that rung on the mmo ladder.

put an experienced player on a keeps mortar(s). try to get a treb to stick against him. doesnt take brain power my kitten

so you disdain drawn out and much more expensive fights in favor of chain ccing someone elses 5 man to death, but that doesnt mean fighting against smart people with siege is any less technically interesting. siege thrown by noobs always dies instantly.

in Match-ups

Wakafanykai.1537

Score update anyone?

Journey’s Edge[EDGE]
Feuguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

then die together.

Don’t make us come down there….

Ahahaha! Amadeus, did you see the latest score? This is such a funny turn around.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

put an experienced player on a keeps mortar(s). try to get a treb to stick against him. doesnt take brain power my kitten

so you disdain drawn out and much more expensive fights in favor of chain ccing someone elses 5 man to death, but that doesnt mean fighting against smart people with siege is any less technically interesting. siege thrown by noobs always dies instantly.

I don’t want to get involved with this dumb discussion again, as it’s pretty clear the way PAXA feels about the zerg style of gameplay. But you’re taking the completely wrong route of defending siege/zerging with your mortar comment, as they are probably the easiest siege (alongside the arrowcart) to man. I’ve let my 8 year old niece play while none of my guildies were on and put her on a mortar to defend a keep. Needless to say, she got a lot of lootbags for me. Anything an 8 year old can do with competence isn’t something that I consider challenging. I’m not saying that no aspect of zerging takes brain power, as some of it does take a bit of brain activity. Your argument though, isn’t a good one.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Match-ups

insanemaniac.2456

I don’t want to get involved with this dumb discussion again, as it’s pretty clear the way PAXA feels about the zerg style of gameplay. But you’re taking the completely wrong route of defending siege/zerging with your mortar comment, as they are probably the easiest siege (alongside the arrowcart) to man. I’ve let my 8 year old niece play while none of my guildies were on and put her on a mortar to defend a keep. Needless to say, she got a lot of lootbags for me. Anything an 8 year old can do with competence isn’t something that I consider challenging. I’m not saying that no aspect of zerging takes brain power, as some of it does take a bit of brain activity. Your argument though, isn’t a good one.

im not talking about zerging at all, your post is invalid. look i can attack your argument too while not actually adding anything.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

It’s almost impossible to win 5 vs. More with siege warfare due to them having more supply and a wall to hide behind, so to be effective with 5 you try to wait till your zerg is hitting something on one side of the map and try to quickly ninja something else which is really really boring 80% of the time. Sometimes another small man defending team comes along and you get a fun fight though. Or nobody comes and you walk in and cap it and maybe draw more enemies back to that BL to fight against.

Rezz[Invi]

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

No offense but I find no difference in challenge between competent zergVzergs and 5v5. Yeah ok I’m being focused in 5v5 throw up a stun breaker and burn my elite, cc and blind the dps warrior blabla. Ok now we’re focusing one of them, corrupt boon stability, cc and immo and down, pull or blowout allies out of shadow refuge and hope for a biter.
Kk now I’m in a zerg fight. Were on ram of a tower and we get a heads up that another Zerg is inc. We quickly withdraw with with line of warding, stack might and veil push trying to cc them to death. We wipe then, but enough got inside to get AC’s up. Now we have to flash build another AC of cata to take out their siege and continue the assault.
Meh, more personal awarenesss in 5v5 but it’s not that different.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Whoa, if this keeps up, FC will be green next reset. I’m going to be so confused!!! Great work FC.

Coming soon next week – the next unholy alliance. ET/HoD double team on FC. (j/k j/k. I am terribly amused by every conspiracy theory out there including those from my own server.)

Maguuma
#allisvain