Night Capping and YOU

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Corey.8169

Corey.8169

i dont have problem with US gamers. my guild lost full upgraded keeps much times but its a game… we can claimed it again …
but i can say WTF after i can see 2 french servers against our server and its so much possible to see they team work… but its not possible to do normal warr if they are 2vs1, we can fighting against 2 big zergs in same time on same place and its hard to win it

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Groon.6042

Groon.6042

I would try to point out in a clear and simple way the options Anet has to fix a broken RvR* system. Anet made an amazing work with zone environments and how the pointing system work right now is very well thought. The problems which making this part of the game broken are pointing out below.

The Problems
Nightcapping due to different time zones
Population imbalance due to unlimited character transfers

Anything else in RvR sector of the game works fine and don’t need to be changed.
The following suggestions can solve the above problems with minimal effort in terms of time and cost. If Anet doesn’t want to follow these solutions, it’s obvious something else going on. Maybe Anet wants to have this part of their game imbalanced and they are happy to have this sector of their forums full of troll threads and flaming.

Suggestions – Part I

Servers

Option 1:
As mentioned before, all servers can be global. No labels for EU or NA. Basically, this is what happens at the moment, with the difference that right now there are labels which cause more frustration to the players.

Pros:
a)Players will be prepared for 24/7 RvR coverage and frustration on forums would be minimized.
b)For Anet this option will cost nearly nothing to implanted*.

Cons:
a)Tier 1 servers would be packed and be full always with long queues to enter RvR.

Option 2:
The servers keep their labels as EU and NA, but Anet puts IP restrictions for overseas IPs as most of MMOs do these days.

Pros:
a)Nightcapping would be limited to locals, which is fair and square if they have the players to do it.
b) Population on servers would be more spread out and queues to enter RvR would be less than Option 1
c)This option is more fair play from players’ point of view than Option 1.

Cons:
a)This option is more expensive for Anet because they need to setup servers for Canadians , South Americans, Oceania, China / Japan.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Groon.6042

Suggestions – Part II

Transfers
To establish a fair gameplay along the servers, Anet need to sort out the transfer feature as well. They recently announced that transfers will be limited to 1 every 7days, but this is nearly nothing without limited the amounts of transfers. The following 2 options, will serve well all the sectors of the game – PvE – PvP and RvR.

Option 1:
Transfers will happen every 2 weeks with a restrictive amount of transfers getting out of server X and getting in of server X. (i.e. 300 players can move out of server X and 300 players can move in to server X). Every 2 weeks this limit of transfers reset. Every account will have a cool down for transferring again 1 month at least.

Pros:
a)Cheap option for Anet.
b)Players won’t abuse the transferring system too much.
c)Will give players the ability to use their brain to make a choice
d)This option is fair play to RvR by preventing big guild transfers to FOTM servers or any other server.

Cons:
a)For some unfortunate players, usually single ones, this option might not work because maybe they miss the transfer by the limit and they need to wait 2 more weeks to be transferred. Although this can be frustrated for those players, 2 weeks is the max time they need to wait. They might only wait for 1day, it’s purely depends when they desire to transfer.

Option 2:
Transfers can only be made by putting a petition ticket to Anet and will take approx. 24/48 hrs for the actual transfer.

Pros:
a)Anet tracks the transfers by reviewing accounts info (i.e main character guild, origin of transfer and destination) so they can prevent zerg transfers to specific servers which will cause imbalances to RvR
b)Players won’t abuse the transferring system at all, more efficient that option 1.
c)Will give players the ability to use their brain to make a choice
d)This option is not only favours fair play to RvR but also is friendly customer all over. Since small grp of players who wish to move server for PvE or friends or whatever else they don’t need to wait long time to do so.

Cons:

a)This option could be expensive for Anet to implant. They will need extra staff tracking down the transfer petitions daily. Of course, they can put a small fee of real money to transfers so they can balance their expenses a bit. Already many MMOs have this charge on their transfers.
Notes:
1. RvR stands for Realm vs Realm and it’s the original term of large scale pvp. I personally prefer to call this type of PvP like this instead of WvWvW.
2. We need to concern about Anet’s costs as well, since the game is free after the 1st month and everything they do is for free.

PS: Anet has done a great game for it’s price. RvR still need some adjustments to proper balanced. Following the Daoc model is a good concept, but we can’t compare GW2 with Daoc for the simple reason that 70% of MMO community created or joined the MMOs after WoW. So population imbalances came into consideration. Daoc had those population imbalances as well, but not in so big scale as GW2 and WAR had.
Anet has a chance to fix RvR and hooked many players into their game for long time. I believe that devs know what’s wrong with RvR but their ego is too high to admit.

With Regards
Groon The Guardian

(edited by Groon.6042)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

ATM every single matchup is determined by who has the best off-peak crew. Sucks.
ATM the losing servers lose almost all interest after the weekend is over because they have absolutely no chance of a comeback. Sucks.

Return it to1 day fights is my suggestion, while that technically doesnt change anything, it does mean that the fight is brand new every night and that means that all 3 servers have a reason to come out and fight. I really dont care if I lose because of nightcapping, I just want to have something to fight for and someone to fight alonside of (which I currently dont if my server is losing and its day 3+). Its no fun when our side has 30 people and the others have 100 (or vice versa).

Could also have 3 different matches going on at the same time, so for hours 1-8 it would be match 1, then hours 9-16 it would be match 2 and for hours 17-24 it would be match 3. The battlegrounds would change whenever its time to do a different match (revert the keeps to what they were when the match changed last time).
This could last a week and a server could very well win match1 but lose the other 2 if they had no off-peak crew.

There are many options and I really hope they are thinking about this and are not satisfied with things as they are now.
Personally I see no real reason to log on other than the weekends when the fights are hectic and even.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

I would try to point out in a clear and simple way the options Anet has to fix a broken RvR* system. Anet made an amazing work with zone environments and how the pointing system work right now is very well thought. The problems which making this part of the game broken are pointing out below.

I agree with option 1 as it is fair. Remove the labels and borders and everyone is free to play whichever server they feel like. As for the con, it will eventually disappear as no one likes long queue and will definitely transfer. Not a problem there.

I play from a totally different continent with my friends. Option 2 will totally separate people like us from our friends. IP lock is discriminating. You run out of solution and just cut the server off from the rest of the world. I can see where your frustration comes from the night capping. I totally understand that but option 2 is definitely not a solution.

And I like the idea for strict transfer application.

ATM every single matchup is determined by who has the best off-peak crew. Sucks.
ATM the losing servers lose almost all interest after the weekend is over because they have absolutely no chance of a comeback. Sucks.

I like the idea for a second round or middle break. Since the match-up is decided in 2 weeks, there can be an all capture point reset after a week so that it gives a chance for the rest to catch-up, much like a round 2.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Oughine.7963

Oughine.7963

I just closed down the client after pointless efforts trying to make it out of my waypoint base in Eternal Battlegrounds. I managed to once run a few feet trying to head for some enemy Dolyaks but i was quickly hunted down. My buff, good as it is for pve purposes, did nothing for me when i was outnumbered by crazed zerges. Another mmorpg i played offered a buff wich was more fun – and fair. I had more hp/armor points/stronger offensive skills so i could nuke down a few before i went down. Maybe Arenanet can look into this so I wont have to wait until next server matching before entering WvW. You guys have been all about scaling content so that´s what I hope for in WvW balancing aswell.

Best regards!

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: uzi.3278

uzi.3278

Wvw ranking is a complete joke. The claim ‘nightcapping is fine, everyone should be able to play at their time’ is a complete joke too – capping node after node with no opposition, no actual pvp, is not playing the game. The people who enjoy that are reward oriented junkies who just like how they can abuse it. People who actually want to play the game should be bored to death by it, given that there is no game that way. It’s even worse if you are on a server that gets screwed over by nightcapping and people become disinterested, since wvw as a game component effectively gets removed from your game. It’s no longer playable then.

But hey, you obviously want people to play the game at their time, so it’s all fine. You’re arguments are so utterly poor, it’s hardly worth discussing when you bring that to the table. Total joke.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Unidentified.8329

Unidentified.8329

What’s point of having separated server match up for EU and US if both servers contain players from both region. Lets just throw everything into same match ups for lols.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: GreenGrin.7943

GreenGrin.7943

What’s point of having separated server match up for EU and US if both servers contain players from both region. Lets just throw everything into same match ups for lols.

US guilds transfering to EU is the death of FR/ES/DE servers, no metter who is skilled or not. If this was what ArenaNet wanted, they would simply have done it since beginning.

Simple fix is : weighting points total with map population. 100% map population= every tick gives full points. Some guys are doing PvDoor? Great, why not, but if they reprensent 70% of map players number, the tick gives far less points, since they won with no opposition.

Noob Guardian
Arborstone[FR], GMT+7

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: vako.6980

vako.6980

CAN PLEASE ARENANET DO SOMETHING ABOUT NIGHTCAPPERS?

I’m sick and tyred to wake up and see the entire map with 1 colour, pvp is not fun anymore, not at these conditions. There is no challenge and no incentive to conquer holdings if the enemy force has everything.
Now who win in the www is the server with more people overnight, are you f serious?

Take some actions or a lot of people will leave. And you do a big mistake allow server transfer from day-1, your 1 week solution come too late because the damage is done.

u r FR? dont cry pls.
www win is always the one who plays it more. and if no one plays at night so it is the fault of others?

vacicak, Thief
Lippo Teranna, Necromancer
Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD] – Desolation server

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

I have thought of a cool mechanic which is guild members can do special pve events to capture “champion” Monsters which you can then spend lets say 1g transporting to a keep or tower for the duration of the night. Something like the ones that build the 25 stack of fury so if a zerg is nightcapping they have to spend more time fighting said chapion before they can capture the keep/tower/garrison.

The other thing is having the guards on their own seige which will auto attack enemies to some extent.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Groon.6042

I have thought of a cool mechanic which is guild members can do special pve events to capture “champion” Monsters which you can then spend lets say 1g transporting to a keep or tower for the duration of the night. Something like the ones that build the 25 stack of fury so if a zerg is nightcapping they have to spend more time fighting said chapion before they can capture the keep/tower/garrison.

The other thing is having the guards on their own seige which will auto attack enemies to some extent.

This suggestion won’t solve absolutely anything. Putting more PvE into a PvP content will make this part of the game worst. And especially such an encounter will take only 5-10mins more for a zerg to kill it. No big deal.

In general there are plenty of proper suggestions to solve the imbalance pop / nightcapping issue. The only real question is… In what direction Anet want their game to go. If they don’t care for WvW too much, don’t expect any major adjustments soon, if they do, they will come up with something solid.

Of course timing is everything, and if they won’t do anything for WvW soon enough, this part of their game will be deserted.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

Previous match up we were against Blacktide and Riverside[DE]

Was had some nice fights but the russians @ Blacktide would just take everything back at night.
At that point i didnt really care because next match up we would not meet them and Riverside[DE] didnt seem to have a night squad.

Our new matchup started against Riverside[DE] & Kodash[DE]
In the weekend we took a really nice 22k lead on them.
But it seems i was wrong about Riverside[DE] not having a night squad , by monday morning everything we had was lost.
Then around prime time we would take everything back and get around 300+ points.
This has been going on for the rest of the week now with both Riverside[DE] and Kodash[DE] running PvDoor night squads and stealing all our bases.

Last night WvW got to a new bad point for us.
I logged in around prime time to find out we didnt have the amount of points we would usually had.
I decided to go to EB to find there our Keep/Fords without a single upgrade, i guess people dont wanna upgrade it anymore because @ night we will lose it anyway.
We had the outnumbered buff on every borderland/EB , which btw is the most usefull(!) buff ever when you are locked up in your own spawn point.
Around prime time we didnt had a single thing in EB…

So i would like to thank Anet for allowing this nightcap nonsense and completly demoralizing our server , also i would like to thank you for destroying a joined alliance of 1000+ people
And last i would like to salute which ever idiot came up which such a flawed design

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Ekkie.2518

Ekkie.2518

C’mon – us nightshifters pull our weight too!

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Just feel like mentioning that in the current Crystal Desert, Yak’s Bend, Darkhaven matchup each server has its own peak time where it seems to take over the board. The score difference is entirely because CD’s time is slightly longer. Look at the forum topic past couple days, nothin but a lovefest from every server talking about how awesome this week of WvW has been as all three servers have had a presence 24/7 yet none have truely dominated. This is what ANet wants out of WvW now we just need to even up all the other servers so that every match can be like this one.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Greebler.7843

Greebler.7843

I dont have any easy answer for this.

There is something to be said when all que are full but then when you get into the battle; you are outnumbered 5 to 1.

Something seems VERY fishy about this matching system. Whether it is due to pro players gaming the system or not, i do not know, but something is not right.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

I’ve heard that some US guilds have moved to Europe servers in search of challenges – Is it a challenge for them to kill the gate?

it is.

it’s a challenge for them when they do it. when you do it, it’s nightcapping noobness. it just depends on your timezone.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Plix.8316

Plix.8316

Brilliant!
Cause of nightcapping, the biggest alliance, and some of the biggest wvwvw-guilds on FS are transfering to Blacktide.

“If you can’t beat them, join them”

Screws the rest of the FS-community over

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

There is something to be said when all que are full but then when you get into the battle; you are outnumbered 5 to 1.

Are you sure you weren’t dueling a mesmer or a necromancer? :P

Your server’s queue may have been filled with players using WvW as an easy to reach crafting station, by krait farmers or by jumping puzzle fans. Or you may just had bad luck or judgement picking your fights.

On my server we have managed to create a queue on one borderland last week. Back then the odds were even and we were able to put up spectacular fights. I believe the queue system works fine; I just wish for more even populations.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: lunarvesperia.5174

lunarvesperia.5174

You could at least make it a limited number of players for every bg and the battle shouldn’t start unless at least a minimum number of people join all 3 factions. (i am sure someone must have mentioned it at some other post)
Also, some servers are getting emty because everyone wants to leave and join the winning server. This is just wrong. Our EU server was doing pretty well till everyone got the idea of night-capping everything. Sometimes we even managed to balance it, but of course the next night we lost everything again.
People have different time shifts,yes. But what’s the point starting a wvwvw battle if you are 1.outnumbered 2.without bonuses like the rest? Of course you are still going to try but i assure you this is not fun. So if nothing changes this is just going to continue and there will be dead servers or unhappy customers that would rather stop playing than losing every time. And i realise that this isn’t probably the majority of the customers but you should probably start caring about them a bit too.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

Wow, a 25 page thread about a “problem” that is in fact nothing more than an unbelievably lame excuse for losing. I can understand how orbs were an actual issue – the total bonus from having 3 orbs was just too strong. But blaming your incompetence on the fact that some people are in a different timezone. Seriously, just wow.

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: jaxom.7469

jaxom.7469

There is an easy fix.

Merge the two ladders

Merge FR / DE / ES with low pop NA servers, so FR DE ES will become international , still keeping their community, and the low pop NA has help from outside.

leave the easy transfer so english EU mix with NA servers like they want so much

hop , international full 24h ladder with nobody left out and a worldwide battle !

( seems like EU servers are on texas, so there is no technical difficulty)

(edited by jaxom.7469)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Lyeos.1580

Lyeos.1580

Wow, a 25 page thread about a “problem” that is in fact nothing more than an unbelievably lame excuse for losing. I can understand how orbs were an actual issue – the total bonus from having 3 orbs was just too strong. But blaming your incompetence on the fact that some people are in a different timezone. Seriously, just wow.

In what a guild that playing in a hudge different time zone, like some canadian [RUIN] playing on EU server Desolation, is an excuse and not a fact?
Tell me in what there is a challenge for that “big” guild to cap when there is no one?

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

So know the fotm is to recruit American guilds to play on EU servers and vice-versa.

That’s what you get for doing nothing about night-capping.

Great foresight…

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Its clear WvW would be better if Eu and NA were not seperated. Was a pretty big blunder to seperate them.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

WvW was better when it WAS separated. we started to have good competitions on EU ladder, we didn’t have the problems the US have with this 24h fight rule where T2 and T3 don’t even try to win anymore.

EU is designed to be separated, so keep it technically separated !

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

ping will be at least 600 if euro player come to us server, unplayable x 1500 people.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

its already in texas, and yeah, we already have ping problems, but let’s not start on that.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Parthenos Polias.5683

Parthenos Polias.5683

Matt Witter said

We feel that everyone should have the ability to contribute no matter what time of the day it is. How we’ve came to this conclusion is that no player’s time is more valuable than another

- – - – - – - – - – - – -

I fully understand this and i support this point of view.

However, looking at this graph http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15, it is obvious that players who play between 4am and 8am (UTC/GMT +1) contribute more to victory than others.
So, i’ve came to this conclusion that player’s time between 4am and 8am is more valuable than another.

I am one of the players taking part between 6pm and 11pm and I feel useless since the victory is decided between 4am and 8am.

Why play during the day if a minority of players the night decide the outcome of the match?

As Matt Witter said, no player’s time is more valuable than another, so do something to make it a reality.
Currently, the contribution of the players during the night (for players living in western europe) is more valuable than players participating the day.

(edited by Moderator)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Why don’t you do something about it? Recruit more night presence, problem solved.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Except then you’d have population imbalance regarding nightcapping against other servers, we have seen this already. Servers fed up with having less people at night went in and recruited a night presence, who are you to deny them that improvement?

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

its not a nightpresence, it’s a day presence on the other side of the world

it’s not 20 people sleeping late ( by the way a lot of other servers had the same nightpresence) , but 100+ organised

it’s not people who want fights in WvW but just don’t find anymore ennemies, it’s people who come on EU ladder to bash doors on PURPOSE , for an easy win and to destroy the purpose of EU ladder in general , when they can have fights on their own timezone if they wanted challenge.

i don’t call that improvement.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

its not a nightpresence, it’s a day presence on the other side of the world

it’s not 20 people sleeping late ( by the way a lot of other servers had the same nightpresence) , but 100+ organised

it’s not people who want fights in WvW but just don’t find anymore ennemies, it’s people who come on EU ladder to bash doors on PURPOSE , for an easy win and to destroy the purpose of EU ladder in general , when they can have fights on their own timezone if they wanted challenge.

i don’t call that improvement.

Your point is moot.

If you were getting an advantage because of “nightcapping” before and now are matched against a server that has an NA presence you’re not going to get sympathy from anyone.

IP banning is not a solution. Come up with something that wouldn’t get you your advantage back and maybe we will listen.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

oh come on, just read before, i’m just repeating myself

ipblocking, transfer blocking, merging ladders and taking out the tags, creating a separate ladder for tagged servers, points counting less at night, points counting less with less defenders…. there is a lot of possible solutions …

or , hey, putting deso on the NA 24 hours ladder, they will be happy to have what they so much want on these forums.

(edited by jaxom.7469)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Sorry if I misunderstood but my reply was based on your earlier posts:
“or we can just play like before, between EU, problem solved for everybody ….” & “EU is designed to be separated, so keep it technically separated !”

Maybe you should express yourself a bit more clearly.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

i just don’t want to list everything all the time, and that’s clearly the one i prefer, EU ladder was never made to be H24 at first. ( why not doing directly only one ladder with only international servers if it was not the case ? )

You can see it easily, just one guild transfer, and there is all this mess.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

i just don’t want to list everything all the time, and that’s clearly the one i prefer, EU ladder was never made to be H24 at first. ( why not doing directly only one ladder with only international servers if it was not the case ? )

You can see it easily, just one guild transfer, and there is all this mess.

Really? Did you make the EU ladder? Because last time I checked there wasn’t a difference between the NA and the EU ladder. I thought THIS post was for both brackets.. I didn’t see the statement it only applied to the NA bracket and not the EU bracket because well your “special”.

Gah.. they delete threads like they are going out of style here..

Gah.. they delete threads like they are going out of style here..They really need to collapse the brackets and not keep them separated. Why should the NA bracket have to deal with timezone issues and the EU is supposed to be exempt? Doesn’t sound fair to me. Let’s just fix the mistake and make this one big worldwide battle. I think Arena Net is right for letting things shake out a little here too, because you are finding that the brackets are starting to get a little more stabilized and limiting transfers to 7 days should help. Maybe they are leaving free transfers open so more servers can recruit to create their 24X7 teams without cost? Anyone think of it that way?

(edited by kharza.3974)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

Oh come on, the big bad wolf nightcapper vizunah had 20 people after 3 am on week days, it’s just common sense that european ladder is not worldwide , or at least WAS not worldwide 2 weeks ago.

or if you prefer

Guild Wars 2 Official Website
Purchasing & Playing
There will be 3 major regional designations for the release of Guild Wars 2:
Europe: Defined as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Players in these regions connect to the European datacenter.
North America: Defined as Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Players in these regions connect to the North American datacenter.
Other: All countries not already listed above will connect to the North American datacenter.

Yeah, i’m not so “special”

if you think there is a problem in NA too , solutions needs to be found that can make everybody happy. But i can tell you, this problem is big in EU , where there was – nearly- nobody at night before and a big nightcrew was 20 people.

all european countries are quite on the same timezone. playing on different rules kills the game for a lot of EU guys.

(edited by jaxom.7469)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

Welcome to what we dealt with in the NA bracket since launch. Also there are more time zones in the normal EU region than in the Canada, Mexico, US region. Again unless we go the other MMO route of region lock (which I strongly disagree with) there isn’t much of a solution outside of combining the brackets and making one big pool of servers for people to choose from. I get the challenges that language specific servers have and vote those get changed to be community type things just like the Oceanics did with Sea of Sorrows.

Again I fall back to this thread in which Anet stated it is a persistent 24X7 battle and I don’t think they qualified that was only for the NA bracket..

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

ANet said wvw was a 24/7 battle, but not that is had to be worldwide!
recruiting more geographic coverage is just the laziest method players found to gain coverage..

Half of EU servers are localized ones, with FR, ES or DE tag, not english speaking, playing and able to recruit on only 1 timezone (French Canadians guilds play on US ladder and American Spanish speaking guilds on US ladder too).
What are their chances for FR, ES or DE if both ladders go worldwide ? How are they suppose to compete ?
So no, wvw can’t be a worldwide battle, at least not for 25% of the servers. Ignoring them is just selfish.

ANet, please, find a solution…

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

@gwal “ANet said wvw was a 24/7 battle, but not that is had to be worldwide!”

At least not on the EU bracket. The NA one was said to be worldwide.

there is a big difference between 24/7 coverage, and worldwide servers, and it’s our main issue in EU right now.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Anet have already said that no other players time is more valuable than anyone elses, so limiting points gained by time is not an option.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

jaxom.7469

Anet have already said that no other players time is more valuable than anyone elses, so limiting points gained by time is not an option.

you know , as of now , the nighcapping crew is making a server win, so night players are worth more.

if you want to follow their words, there SHOULD have some sort of limitation depending of the number of WvW players, so that “no player is more valuable than another one”

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

I also think limiting point gain for the most populated side, according to the average opposition population of the last 7 days (to discard the disconnections made on purpose) can be a solution

no player’s time is more valuable than another, that’s ANet statement.
And we all know many matchups are won at night, because the population is unbalanced, allowing the populated side to get many valuable ticks. That’s unfair because a few connected people are deciding the outcome of the matchup.
By weighting scoring system according to population : every player will play a same role on this one : a night battle at 30vs30 would count equal as a day time 100vs100

I don’t know, something like
effective tick = (pop % opponent1 + pop % opponent2) / (2 x pop%)

ex. with a 100%/100%/100% pop = (100+100) / (2×100) = 1 x normal ticks

30%/5%/10% pop
-> 30% pop : (5+10) / (60) = 0,25 x normal tick
-> 5% pop : (40) / (10) = 4 x normal tick
-> 10% pop : (35) / (20) = 1.75 x normal tick

13%/12%/11%
-> 13% pop : (23) / (26) = 0.885 x normal tick
-> 12% pop : (24) / (24) = 1 x normal tick
-> 11% pop : (25) / (22) = 1,14 x normal tick

well, surely not something that simple of course, but you get the idea !

Vizunah Square [FR]

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Xorn.6079

Xorn.6079

just shutdown those unpopulated servers. stop making people sick. at least before this free server transfer end.

Character : Xorn Crossfire (Engineer)
Guild : Organization Zero (Zero)
World : Crystal Desert

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There are no unpopulated servers.

And Gwal I worked out that system here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/An-alternate-scoring-system-Accounting-for-population-differences/first

The problem with just fluxing the score based on population is it does not really curb the scores enough. Mainly because the server that overpops tends to take the entire map, even though they get reduced points, the other teams are getting none. So in addition to that, I implemented a bonus system to allow comebacks to occur.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Drekan.5439

Drekan.5439

Xansfer from na to eu, its dumb, thank for all this sh it to anet, who never do something to solve this issue, Timezone wars 2 is the correct name for this game, pls give us non localise servers. give us inter server, juste like eve online or darkfall
FU anet
( and guess what, no one really care about ur patch for PvE content )

(edited by Drekan.5439)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Gingercus.8341

Gingercus.8341

I n a real battle, it goes on all 24 hours, does this mean that everybody is awake all 24 hours. No! thats why it more realistic to leave it as is. You have people who fight at night and during the day. I f one server has more night people too bad. you lose the war. sorry chaps.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Sometimes we’re outmanned in one map during the day but there is often enough on other maps and before the reset we were outmanned at times at night so I know how it feels , I do think there needs to be some sort of solution to this.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

“Night Capping” is just a symptom of (temporary) of population imbalance. What the game needs is an effective way to balance things when different sides have different populations (and giving more karma doesn’t really do anything to improve balance).

I would suggest something along the lines of giving one of the teams free supply (generate it at keeps / towers) if they are outmanned and / or if they hold less than a certain amount of structures in that map.

For example, if your team holds only one building in a map, they get 1 “free” supply per minute at that building. If it holds two buildings, they get one free supply every 5 minutes at each. If it holds three, they get one free supply every 25 minutes at each. If it holds more than three, they get no free supply.

In addition to that, if they are outmanned, they get 1 free supply every X minutes at every building (ex., outmanned 4:3 and they get 1 free supply per hour, outmanned 3:2 and they get 1 free supply every 30 minutes, outmanned 2:1 and they get 1 free supply every 15 minutes, and so on).

The numbers above are just examples, of course, this would have to be carefully balanced, but I think it would make the game more interesting by making it very hard for a team to control 100% of any map even if the other team(s) only have a handful of players online, while at the same time not giving the smaller team a significant offensive advantage, or an advantage in 1 vs. 1 fights (which would happen if the game gave one team’s players a stat boost).

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)