Nightmare of Queues is Coming Back?!

in WvW

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

I don’t want to hate here, and nothing like that. I only want to say that for a player who play since the start and Know that there is an WvW expansion coming this month….

I’m very afraid the Hours of Queues to WvW are Coming Back!

Because we all know, with an WvW expansion this month, an tsunami of people will come to the WvW, and far we know there is no expansion of the limit of players in a WvW Map.

That said it’s almost guaranteed that it will be a nightmare enter in WvW after 26th Update.

For you guys that were in the middle of the Hours of Queues in the first times of the game… What do you think about this?

I Want to point this Thread of an DEV talking about this in September:

Sorry my English
Max

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Sounds awesome. Maybe some people will realize that stacking in T1 is a pretty bad idea and move down, making for more balanced tiers.

I hope that there is at least a 1h queue on every T1 map at all times after the patch hit, for at least a month.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I have little sympathy for people who transferred to higher rating, higher population servers and might now pay for it with long queue times.

Ultimately there’s only so much Anet can do about it. They can’t magically raise the player cap to 2000 per map and expect the game to keep working. It was up to the players to distribute themselves evenly and most of them did the opposite of that.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Most of us ll want to level up the new rank system asap and ll be stuck in HUGE QUEUE

Most of us ll quit T1 or Pvd like zombies late at night.

….Joke game is dead no queue.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I would love to see queues in my Tier. It would mean people were actually playing.

I’d rather wait to get in and have a full map with lots of fights and fun than have insta in and not many people playing.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

In our tier we have queues of 1h already in some hours, I can’t imagine with this expansion that will make plenty come back to play WvW all die.

If this is at it is, without any change to the WvW Limits, then I would say 3 to 7 Hours of Queue in the first times, and then some normal of 1,2 hours of queues in normal servers.

In Hight Tier Servers, you may need to enter the queue 1 Day before and get in to play next day

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

First world tier problems.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I heard ET and FC needed players.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Nialls.2851

Nialls.2851

You’re going to see people AFK a lot more in keeps, running macro programs on their keyboards, and unless they’re logging for the night they won’t come out of the BL’s. This has already become a discussion amongst those I’ve spoken with.

Niles <TB> Elementalist – SoR
Nialls <TB>Thief – SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I seriously doubt we’ll see a “tsunami of people” joining WvW for the first time just because of the patch.

There might be a trickle of new people overtime, but it’s not like queues will magically appear in most tiers that don’t have them now.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Nialls.2851

Nialls.2851

You’ll see some auto-attacking, jumping, and evading inside garrisons because those who’ve been here all along are not going to step out, to be re-queued, for fair weather WvWers.

Niles <TB> Elementalist – SoR
Nialls <TB>Thief – SoR

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

I seriously doubt we’ll see a “tsunami of people” joining WvW for the first time just because of the patch.

There might be a trickle of new people overtime, but it’s not like queues will magically appear in most tiers that don’t have them now.

You seriously aren’t aware what happens when launching thins here. In every new thing that came, as hugely overloaded when it was launched for several days.

In general PVE we that tsunamis doesn’t cause much trouble since they overflow it all.
In WvW, there isn’t overflow.

For you be aware of it, in some servers there is ONLY needed 1 of the big WvW guilds join in one WvW MAP, to make it full. In that empty WvW servers, they are the lucky ones now!

How things changed ahah

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Sure, the first few weeks will probably be long queues as people want to take the new toy for a spin. But after a while, the people who don’t like to get killed by other players will remember they don’t like getting killed by other players, and the people who were only mildly interested before will remember the reasons why. A few will find they really enjoy it and become more active, but after a month or so it will probably settle back down similar to what you see today.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

Sure, the first few weeks will probably be long queues as people want to take the new toy for a spin. But after a while, the people who don’t like to get killed by other players will remember they don’t like getting killed by other players, and the people who were only mildly interested before will remember the reasons why. A few will find they really enjoy it and become more active, but after a month or so it will probably settle back down similar to what you see today.

With Progression in WvW, that is this month Update, WvW will became much more a type of play, and it will really, be more people there playing for longer times.

Unless, this expansion is a failure, then it will come back to what it was before.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Culling: Only interesting if you already WvW
WvW XP: Only interesting if you already WvW
New Things to buy with Badges: Only interesting if you already WvW (UNLESS WvW becomes the easiest way to farm ascended, which is unlikely)
Flame and Frost Content: Interesting to PvE players

If there is a flood of players, it might actually be AWAY from WvW to try the new content. The only exception to this is if WvW becomes the best way to gear up with ascended, which I highly doubt.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Queue? Haven’t seen one for 2 months now outside of reset. Would be nice to have one again.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

Queue? Haven’t seen one for 2 months now outside of reset. Would be nice to have one again.

Lucky you, mosts time I try to enter it queues me. I wont stop sleeping for enter in the game in the hours there is less people playing —’

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I bet a lot of new faces do turn up to check it out…

And even people who quit because of culling or lack of interests will show back up to check it out as well…

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

In T8 there are no queues. You can use WvW as a shortcut to Lions arch and avoid the WP cost.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

All I can say is.

Enjoy your queues Tier 1.

Love from Tier 3.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Sounds awesome. Maybe some people will realize that stacking in T1 is a pretty bad idea and move down, making for more balanced tiers.

I hope that there is at least a 1h queue on every T1 map at all times after the patch hit, for at least a month.

I find the game its funnest when every server has queues. many of us feel stacking in T1 is a good idea for that reason.

a 1h queue on every T1 map at all times after the patch would be ideal for me. that would mean every server has equal population in every map 24 hours a day. the fighting would truly be non-stop and epic.

sadly, this is only going to cause a short spike. the problems with WvW are more myriad than are addressed with this patch. a game that cannot be won is not fun, and this patch does little to address that. then there are the many other reasons people quit besides the fun factor.

culling will bring some back to check it out, but they won’t stay.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

I don’t understand why all the hate against T1… you see, it’s not our fault that the lack of updates drove 90% of the WvW players away.

Most players that moved to T1, did so they could actually have some fights and competition , instead of risking playing on empty maps and PvDoring. Even so, playing on JQ NA, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a queue on more than 2 maps, except for reset night, and we are usually outmanned on at least one of the BLs.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It’s not just the removal of culling though. If the items/skins being added to the badge vendors are good, people will have more motivation to keep playing, even if they may be frustrated with certain elements of the WvW format. Not to mention ranks, which at least some people will care about and want to grind for.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

I don’t understand why all the hate against T1… you see, it’s not our fault that the lack of updates drove 90% of the WvW players away.

Most players that moved to T1, did so they could actually have some fights and competition , instead of risking playing on empty maps and PvDoring. Even so, playing on JQ NA, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a queue on more than 2 maps, except for reset night, and we are usually outmanned on at least one of the BLs.

For me no Hate, they now will be the sad Ones with the queues they have already transform in queues soo long that you need Zoom In 1000x to see the end of the line :P

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Maybe queues will come back for the higher tiers but tier one my server hardly has queues during week days.

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I’m not in tier 1 and I always have people to fights and I never PvDoor.

I don’t think anyone hate Tier 1, but if you stack in this tier, don’t post a thread crying about the higher queue.

With more population come more queues.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Rogi.8720

Rogi.8720

^SoR would love some more people to join us.

Edit: We are T1 with no queues.

(edited by Rogi.8720)

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

Do the people in here screaming about Queues and how tier1 are all suckers and need to move down, realise some of the T1 servers don’t have any Queues on the Borderlands for like the last 4months and only ever a EB Queue from like 7-10gmt(and only on some days) for 15mins tops?

Just curious.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I heard that you only have queues for EB on SF and only during reset night… So we have 11/12 maps open 24/7 here on T8.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

There will be queues on the EB and the home borderland but I would be REALLY surprised to see hour queues on all BLs even on reset night. I could be wrong but even so it could shift a few people further south into T3-T8.

I am in a Server that is not really ranked about Tiers… Still everyday Eternal is with Queues.

I remember, in the first times of the game, WvW was with like, queues that would go Up 8H!
Then no, I won’t be suprised, because the WvW limits wasn’t changed, and nothing points they will be increased this Month.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisk.4320

chrisk.4320

Join a low pop server.

Or QQ more.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Do the people in here screaming about Queues and how tier1 are all suckers and need to move down, realise some of the T1 servers don’t have any Queues on the Borderlands for like the last 4months and only ever a EB Queue from like 7-10gmt(and only on some days) for 15mins tops?

Just curious.

Hmm I don’t know, this thread is about the RETURN of queues though, so I guess you can do the thinking for yourself.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

Join a low pop server.

Or QQ more.

Pay my Gem Transfer please. I will not leave my guild and friends just because WvW decided to get unplayable because the queues and nobody does nothing about it.

It looks like when there is an issue, it’s always the Players fault, there is hours of queues? Sure, don’t u like it go away to another place!

I remember in the first times of the game, the nightmare of WvW Queues was soo big that ANet even announced they wanted to increase alot the CAP, but after a while they just waited months to players start to leave and play less.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

It looks like when there is an issue, it’s always the Players fault, there is hours of queues? Sure, don’t u like it go away to another place!

Gee, I don’t know man. It’s not like there were a lot of players that left servers in the lower tiers and bandwagoned to the few servers at the top.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

It’s not just the removal of culling though. If the items/skins being added to the badge vendors are good, people will have more motivation to keep playing, even if they may be frustrated with certain elements of the WvW format. Not to mention ranks, which at least some people will care about and want to grind for.

you should check out some of Frederick Herzberg’s work.

It isn’t designed to apply to gaming, but I wonder if some of his work is applicable.

If so, which is where I am coming from, items wouldn’t really be incentive to play any more than a working game will. A working game (i.e. the removal of culling) is something we expect as a bare minimum. It doesn’t make us happy when the game works, it only upsets us when it does not.

I feel item reward is similar. Proper item reward does not make a happy gamer, lack of reward can make an unhappy gamer.

If the game is fundamentally fun and fulfilling people will play. WvW is designed as a game mode with the scoreboard as its win condition. The scoreboard cannot be feasibly won or lost by any reasonable organized group. There is little opportunity for achievement within the game. Without ranting too much i’ll just say unless something more fundamental changes, the game’s decline will not be undone.

I’m not trying to step too far outside the scope of the work, its just something to consider. Open to the possibility I am completely wrong as I am just making all of this up.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Meh, people came to t1 for the competition and queues are the sign of a healthy server. However I don’t feel too upset for JQ considering the 20 or so WvW guilds that transferred just before free transfers were up – their queue times will be legendary and I hope that SoR/BG/KN (if they make it to T1) will be able to use this for their advantage.

There is a very good reason why FoO doesn’t go on EB and that is queues – hell MERC sometimes doesn’t go into EB sometimes if we get enough guildees on. But I welcome the changes and hope more people get back to the game; the mode is fun as hell (albeit for the occasional PvD session.. blah) however it’ll now be nice to have further incentives/rewards to play it

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

In T8 there are no queues. You can use WvW as a shortcut to Lions arch and avoid the WP cost.

Or you could just use heart of the mists like everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

If the major changes are a system of obtaining passive abilities and a leaderboard, I doubt many people will be coming back.

That would require content/mechanics changes. It would be like spending 6 months farming a dungeon and then on the big patch day, instead of a new dungeon, you get a leaderboard for the current dungeon. woooooo….?

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained