No ascended gear just yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Q:

Will ascended gear be attainable through WvW?

It appears with the new Flame and Frost: Prelude update that laurels will be a new way to gain ascended gear. That is great! But it seems we can only get laurels once a day. And with more and more ascended gear being released, we (people who don’t do FotM) are being left behind (in comparison to PvErs), despite being more time in WvW and been contributing more.
With the release of Ascended amulets and more infusions I fear WvWers are being left further behind power-wise in our own domain

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/

This is exactly what I meant:

Question is, do they consider this their “WvW available method”?

(edited by Causic.3798)

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

A:

Answer: Grind FOTM the week you play Kaineng. You will be completely geared out, have some pocket money and will have avoided being overrun by their “skill”

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

wait and see… what’s the rush now?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Causic.3798

Id like to know if they even have anything planned for it, so that if not I can start forcing myself to do FotM…

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Question is, do they consider this their “WvW available method”? I was hoping for badges..

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

As the above poster says, they are obtainable through doing dailies, which is easy to do inside WvWvW.

Honestly I like this solution better than for example offering them for Badges.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Honestly I like this solution better than for example offering them for Badges.

Same here, despite doing WvW >90% of the time I spend in GW2, I never can save some badges up, as I spend all on sieges ^^

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

They should allow badges to be spent on anything bought with tokens. Badges are practically worthless currently

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

They should allow badges to be spent on anything bought with tokens. Badges are practically worthless currently

BINGO. Lets put those badges to use.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

How are badges useless? They buy PVT gear which is highly sought after.

And siege of course.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Getting ascended only through dailies is kind of lazy if that is all for us. There should be a specific WvW means to acquire them (simply badges and/or karma would be fine). Yes you can do dailies in WvW, but chasing down random mobs to finish a daily isn’t much in the way of achieving these items through WVW endeavors.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So i do one daily and get one ring?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

And siege of course.

other than trinkets PVT gear can be bought with karma. i have 2 chars with over 600k karma still.

however i thought they mentioned new skins from WvW. i will have to look again to be sure.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

(edited by Majik.8521)

in WvW

Majik.8521

So i do one daily and get one ring?

i doubt it. more than like they will cost like 20 to 30 of the new tokens.

note: that is just my guesstimate of cost. have not seen any real numbers and probably won’t till patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

And siege of course.

I dont think anyone is going to disagree with me that the best WvW armor/weapons is from dungeon rewards from tokens, bought by karma, or crafted/drop.

Far as siege equipment JP is free to complete to get some.

We should take a poll on how many badges people have stacked in their bank

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

And siege of course.

other than trinkets PVT gear can be bought with karma. i have 2 chars with over 600k karma still.

however i thought the mentioned new skins from WvW. i will have to look again to be sure.

Yes, and you can buy PVT gear with dungeon tokens too. I fail to see your point.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

It’s bad for us who WANTS to do fotm but because of disconnection issues, haven’t gotten past the 4th level yet. They should’ve waited before releasing new items for fotm to accommodate reconnection before adding new things to grind for

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Question is, do they consider this their “WvW available method”? I was hoping for badges..

This is what I am wondering as well. I don’t want badges to be for the gear, or they need to up (just a bit) the amount of badges that drop.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

This better not be their WvW method of best accumulation.

being a 99% WvWer in this game (I only pve when in queues), I continue to feel like the unwanted step child. Or that guy with leprosy that they want to toss in the corner and feed occasionally, if they remember.

in WvW

Posted by: Treylor.2849

Treylor.2849

how hard is it to complete the daily ? I get mine done every day in WvW except the gathering part

Redneck Necro
The Old Timers Guild [OTG]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

how hard is it to complete the daily ? I get mine done every day in WvW except the gathering part

Lol I have exctly the same issue I barely ever bother to stop at the resource nodes.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

And siege of course.

Not useless. But I dont think people feel compelled to spend the rather scarce badges on blueprints and PVT gear that can be attained easier through other avenues. Unless the player exclusively plays WvW, of course.

Just needs alot more options to spend these badges on.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

drwookie.6391

And siege of course.

Not useless. But I dont think people feel compelled to spend the rather scarce badges on blueprints and PVT gear that can be attained easier through other avenues. Unless the player exclusively plays WvW, of course.

Just needs alot more options to spend these badges on.

Exactly.

I’m going on almost 2000 badges. It’s just not worth using it on siege when the price in silver isn’t that high. And gear, I can usually buy as well.

I’m saving them in hopes that one day they will decide that WvWers are not second-class citizens, and actually give us more options.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`ve been hoping they make some available via Badges of Jumping.
As it is, the dragon slayers are one piece ahead of us with better stats.
If they don`t make one available via BoJs, we`ll still be left behind

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The current badge system is terrible and should not be the base for anything until it’s been completely reworked.

It rewards glass cannons and mindless damage spam over team oriented builds and tactical and objective based gameplay. That’s just ridiculous design in a highly objective based game mode.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

The current badge system is terrible and should not be the base for anything until it’s been completely reworked.

It rewards glass cannons and mindless damage spam over team oriented builds and tactical and objective based gameplay. That’s just ridiculous design in a highly objective based game mode.

What you are suggesting is that they should reward Badges of Honor for doing PvE. Badges on player kills is the only reliable way of making sure that Badges are awarded for actual PvP.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Make them obtainable through badges.
I have like 2k because you can’t spend them on anything.
You get pvt gear easily and way faster outside and for siege you just do the jp once and you’re set.

They’re kitten worthless and i really have no nerves to grind daily after daily just to hope lady RNG will love me some day.
Go to hell with this RNG kitten.

in WvW

Stiv.1820

You get pvt gear easily and way faster outside and for siege you just do the jp once and you’re set.

They’re kitten worthless and i really have no nerves to grind daily after daily just to hope lady RNG will love me some day.

This is sadly exactly why they won’t ever make badges useful. They have been mostly useless for this long so everyone has a ton of them. Anything good they add is just like automatically giving most WvWers the items(s).

in WvW

Posted by: Naero.4895

Naero.4895

Nice move again Anet, keep WvW players in a corner until they’re all gone. You won’t wait long this way, trust me. Just keep rewarding casual playing and ignoring all our efforts, that’s all.

[XxX] Once Were Noobs
Rea Mania- Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i just spent 3 k badges on mystic forge)
4 exo * 250 badges = 1 guarantee exotic that you can sell)

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I probably spend close 2mil karma in forge soon.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Naero.4895

Naero.4895

This is sadly exactly why they won’t ever make badges useful. They have been mostly useless for this long so everyone has a ton of them. Anything good they add is just like automatically giving most WvWers the items(s).

Is this our problem? They didn’t give us something useful, so we can just throw away the only reward we’ve got in months of WvW playing? Don’t we deserve it? “Nope, you better throw away 4k badges and free some space in your bank!”
Seems legit.

[XxX] Once Were Noobs
Rea Mania- Human Necromancer

in WvW

drwookie.6391

What you are suggesting is that they should reward Badges of Honor for doing PvE. Badges on player kills is the only reliable way of making sure that Badges are awarded for actual PvP.

Not quite.

What I believe he is talking to is that while in a battle (PVP battle), the badge system rewards those who are solely focused 100% on doing as much pure damage as possible to as many people as possible. You are required to deal some percentage of the dmg to a enemy to qualify for xp (to have a chance for a loot bag, to have a chance for a bag). Those who focus more on lower damage/increased utility skills (some conditions where the dmg is slow and steady instead of a burst, many support type skills, crowd control skills etc…) all get the short end of the stick. Are those people participating in PVP? Of course they are, but since they aren’t directly doing damage they don’t get as many rewards.

It is a messed up system, but it is inherent in the system they built and I don’t think they will change it. It is why I rarely play my main anymore (Support Guardian).

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I dont’ see a problem with that, since those who have been focusing on PVE have been collecting the same items, they have just spent them overtime. They could have saved their tokens if they wanted to, but they didn’t.

in WvW

Stiv.1820

Is this our problem? They didn’t give us something useful, so we can just throw away the only reward we’ve got in months of WvW playing? Don’t we deserve it? “Nope, you better throw away 4k badges and free some space in your bank!”
Seems legit.

Nope, it’s a problem with the game design at the start. Why was only one set of stats available via badges that overlapped with much easier to get Karma gear? Who knows… even the weapon skins look pretty terrible.

I’m not saying I agree with it, just saying when they update with a new shiny they probably want us chasing that carrot for a bit to keep up busy. Allowing it to be purchased with badges won’t do that. I could be wrong or maybe they will just add way cooler skins to badge gear to make it at least cosmetically useful.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Not quite.

What I believe he is talking to is that while in a battle (PVP battle), the badge system rewards those who are solely focused 100% on doing as much pure damage as possible to as many people as possible. You are required to deal some percentage of the dmg to a enemy to qualify for xp (to have a chance for a loot bag, to have a chance for a bag). Those who focus more on lower damage/increased utility skills (some conditions where the dmg is slow and steady instead of a burst, many support type skills, crowd control skills etc…) all get the short end of the stick. Are those people participating in PVP? Of course they are, but since they aren’t directly doing damage they don’t get as many rewards.

It is a messed up system, but it is inherent in the system they built and I don’t think they will change it. It is why I rarely play my main anymore (Support Guardian).

He specifically mentions objective gameplay. I can only interpret this as sieging / defending / dolyaks.

If I misunderstood he may correct me, but until then, my point still stands.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Moxtidus.4576

Moxtidus.4576

i just spent 3 k badges on mystic forge)
4 exo * 250 badges = 1 guarantee exotic that you can sell)

What a waste

Sfr

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I’m saving them in hopes that one day they will decide that WvWers are not second-class citizens, and actually give us more options.

At the very least give us some cool looking armor choices exclusive to WvW for badges. PVE dungeons have what 5 or 6 sets, sPVP even more, and we have ugly Invader and whatever the noob version is.

in WvW

Majik.8521

I think what he is saying is that support builds should get a little more recognition. for example i have so many gear sets that i change often depending what i feel like doing.

So when i am in my GC gear/build and mainly focusing on doing as much damage as i can then the support guardian shout warrior or what ever is next to me giving me much better dps and survivability should get some credit for the damage i am doing, as they are helping me do it. I would have to agree with him if this is the case.

I may be wrong but this is just what i got from his post.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I think what he is saying is that support builds should get a little more recognition. for example i have so many gear sets that i change often depending what i feel like doing.

So when i am in my GC gear/build and mainly focusing on doing as much damage as i can then the support guardian shout warrior or what ever is next to me giving me much better dps and survivability should get some credit for the damage i am doing, as they are helping me do it. I would have to agree with him if this is the case.

I agree, support builds should be rewarded.

But again, objective game play (which he specifically mentions) CANNOT be rewarding without being exploited.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I agree, support builds should be rewarded.

But again, objective game play (which he specifically mentions) CANNOT be rewarding without being exploited.

Ya I realize now he was talking about BOTH (he said team-based builds and objective based gameplay).

Unfortunately yes rewarding the objectives is difficult without introducing exploits. It is something that I do think should be pursued though (not really quite sure how).

That guy who volunteers to stay behind at Bay as a scout (and to refresh siege) is probably worth >5 people in the zerg running around on the field. And yet he just hears in VOIP about the epic battle, the loot bags and the tower cap. He gets nothing except a “pat on the back” and a “thanks” for keeping hundreds of supply worth of siege going, as well as informing the team when their opponents are rushing with golems.

in WvW

Posted by: Riddickk.7091

Riddickk.7091

They need to use badges for something. I’m sitting at 3k badges and nearly 2million karma. More than likely they will introduce a new form of currency. If they decide to use badges, the stuff will be astronomically priced like 2k badges & 1 mil karma.

I’m just holding onto them, just in case. If they aren’t used then I’m getting a whole lot of siege.

Roddrickk-80 Asuran Warrior
Guild: Helioz

in WvW

Causic.3798

Answer: Grind FOTM the week you play Kaineng. You will be completely geared out, have some pocket money and will have avoided being overrun by their “skill”

Thanks, I think ill do this

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

I can’t understand why people even care about the Ascended gear.

THEY ARE RELEASING BABY QUAGGAN BACKPACKS.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

How are daily’s not grind?

Anet has lost the plot. Everything they introduce is cheap, like its thought up by a 12 year old.

One part of an ascended item should cost karma another badges. Put in forge. Whammo ascended item. Its not that hard Anet really

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)