Northern Shiverpeaks WvW players are just awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: rekina.6078

rekina.6078

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think all of Northern Shiverpeaks players do this, but I can tell you something – actually a lot of Northern Shiverpeaks players exploit the game mechanic.

I am currently playing in Devona’s Rest, which is being matched up with Northern Shiverpeaks and Keineng. I enjoy small sized pvp actions in WvW so that’s what usually I do in thesedays. While running WvW with those servers, I had to have some unpleasant experiences, which is the fact that some Northern Shiverpeaks players force the game to shut when they are in some kind of danger.

It is very simple – when they are down and find no hope to be rallied, they logoff or shut the computer down immediately just before their opponents stomp them.

Am I kittening about just one of the exceptional cases where they simply got disconnected or lost their connection for whatever coincidental reason just before they got killed? No. I played WvW today for like a couple of hours, and met these Northern Shiverpeaks people more than 5. There was even one dude who got world map completion badge on next of his name.

Funny thing is that I couldn’t find any case of Keineng people do this. They simply fight, win or lose, and accept the result.

Northern Shiverpeaks is leading WvW significantly, even for days. Behave with some dignity. The way you accept the result is not logging just before get killed and pleased how witty you were, but think where you screwed up the fight and find the way to be more skilled player.

Rekina [SOLO]

(edited by rekina.6078)

in WvW

Posted by: Thunderknuckles.9475

Thunderknuckles.9475

Rekina, NS is chock full of fail players. I mean totally easy mode fail players. They are a babbling horde. I wish Arenanet would pit them against Dragonbrand or some other super high pop server. NS is ruining the WvWvW experience in our grouping. Yes, I’m a Kaineng player. We fight hard win or lose, but we just don’t have the numbers, yet, to make the least bit of progress against the insane numbers NS has on us.

in WvW

Posted by: vrgadin.1943

vrgadin.1943

boy im glad we left NS early on

i rarely die…..oh who am i kidding i never die!

but sure as poo i would never stoop that low, plus id have to sit in que again…..failzz

Severinaa- 80 Norn Guard
Eredon Terrace {RUIN}
“I’m the one with the scary horned skull helm”

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Well, I’m on NS, and I have to say:

Please don’t lump all of NS together, generalizations like that just make you look whiney.
I and my guild would never do that.
Anyone who does needs to get the boot.

Heck, I haven’t even stepped out in the lakes with the unfair numbers. Just PvEing until server reset.

I feel for ya, that’s pretty cheesy play. I am sure Anet will EVENTUALLY get around to making this better.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

I actually haven’t seen what you’re talking about since [TBH] switched back to NS on Tuesday. As far as Kaineng complaining about numbers, yes we have more numbers than you. But when it comes to how the masses work, there is a lot of co-ordination done over map chat, the most I’ve seen on any server. I played through the BWEs and have been on 4 servers total including those weekends. There is a lot of room for improvement in NS, but the masses are willing to learn and that’s a positive.

Also a note on the logging out thing, its a terrible idea for any NS member to do, as this decreases our numbers in the map. Even if a new player jumps in they have to get caught up on whats happening on the map. If anything it helps you as you don’t have to worry about finishing enemies and can move to the next one. If it is happening though, I definitely don’t agree with it, but like I said I haven’t seen it.

As far as us zerging, we have defeated the PTX/FIST zergs two nights in a row at Garrison on Devonas Borderlands, most of the time we are outnumbered and use siege equipment at the lord room to our advantage. Trust me, this group is better than the groups we’ve played with on some other servers. They listen and actually try to be constructive in WvW.

Anyway, I’ll keep looking for Kaineng, hopefully you guys put up some more fight.

Good Luck!!!!

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

rekina.6078

Please don’t lump all of NS together

Sorry for my inconsiderate words that I’ve chosen on OP. Definitely I am trying not to, so please help me to keep distance from thinking in that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Creamer.7864

Chris Creamer.7864

To be honest I’d say mindless mob style play dominates NSP, yes there might be some coordination but day to day its like a herd of animals; as soon as one falls away from the group they’re helpless.

Torturer Severian[Nuke]

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

OP every server has there bad players. Hate when people call out a server like this. When i play WvW on NS it’s usually in the morning I’m surprise how well we do when SoS comes on and start out numbering us with there zerg fest. We usually get people to go to other borderland and Lions arch to call for help and we all band together to hold them off.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

I have yet to see this in action, and I know for a fact that our guild would never support this. We rather not take away from our numbers in WvW.

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Thunderknuckles.9475

Thunderknuckles.9475

NS definitely has its share of good PvP’ers. And by “good” I mean intelligent strategy (good use of siege, etc.). There are, however, a mess ton of players on Northern Shiverpeaks who are just zerg huggers. Kaineng’s main struggle right now is simply low numbers of players. As I said, we just don’t have the numbers to compete against a server with a population the size of NS’s. It’s a massive waste of silver and effort as everything we do is washed away with the next massive zerg that comes through, which is usually about 30 to 90 seconds away.

We just want a challenge on Kaineng, to PvP. Most of us don’t seem to be concerned with score. We just want low to no queues and a good PvP challenge. As it stands right now that’s impossible.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

People quit out of the game, aka leave the WvW because they are about to die?

Why? What would they gain? At best they save a repair bill. No?

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Tbh, the fact that NSP, a high pop world, is facing Kaineng and DR is an insult to them already.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

The problem was their ratings tanked after Ascsension, Ruin, TBH, Thai and the other WvW guilds left the server. This left it up to newer players and guilds to learn how to play WvW. Northern Shiverpeaks had some growing pains, but I’m glad to be back on the server because they’ve banded together in the face of adversity.

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

As Musty said above, you can’t clump all of NSP together in one stereotype. I’m sure they have a large assortment of both good and bad players and there’s not any server out there that’s any different in that respect.

However, what the OP said is true. I’m on Kaineng and my krewe (yeah, I’m an Asura, what of it?) witnessed this on 3 separate occasions last night against NS players. In every encounter they were running around solo, and ran at the sight of trouble which tells me they’re probably more PVE oriented and probably just trying to clear the map or do jump puzzles or something.

For what it’s worth, I’ve witnessed it several times in the past against DR and FC as well, and this isn’t the first game I’ve seen people do this in, and probably won’t be the last. I used to run around with a group of level 20’s in DAoC. About 10 of us would get together, get naked and run through the Frontier attacking anything that moved. We died a lot, but sometimes we’d kill a level 50. On more than a few occasions someone would pull the plug right before dying. It happens.

NS certainly doesn’t have any shortage of other players to take your frustrations out on.

in WvW

Posted by: Blankspace.3805

Blankspace.3805

Side note Master… we took that garrison last night just for kicks because y’all seemed to have thought that on Tuesday (a non campaign night for PTX) when we had 10 players total on a map that you ‘stomped’ us.

You guys as a guild outnumber the amount of people we can even get in a map

We halted the progression on the NW tower (both days) AND we countered (in total for both Tues/Weds) your 20+ ballistas, 10 arrow carts, 15+ catapults and the 3 trebs you put up and we only used…. 4 Cata’s, 5 Arrow carts, and 2 Trebs…. and then pushed into the garrison with less numbers! <3

The guild posturing to the side good luck on NSP guys

“I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

As far as us zerging, we have defeated the PTX/FIST zergs two nights in a row at Garrison on Devonas Borderlands, most of the time we are outnumbered and use siege equipment at the lord room to our advantage. Trust me, this group is better than the groups we’ve played with on some other servers. They listen and actually try to be constructive in WvW.

Anyway, I’ll keep looking for Kaineng, hopefully you guys put up some more fight.

Good Luck!!!!

We took Garrison from you in the end! It was a hell of a tactical fight on both sides, though.

To the OP, could it just be a Thief or Mesmer doing their stealth-teleport-stuff while downed?

in WvW

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I’m almost 100% positive, oh who am I kidding I am 100% positive, ever server has players that do what the OP mentioned. Or are we suppose to believe only NS does it?

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

Keep it classy, Kaineng. Singling out a server over what a minute portion does just makes our server look bad. With free transfers it could just be some mutt that flipped over for a map clear from some long queue server.

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Keep it classy, Kaineng. Singling out a server over what a minute portion does just makes our server look bad. With free transfers it could just be some mutt that flipped over for a map clear from some long queue server.

The irony is delicious

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

Wasn’t NS abandoned and left to rot by some big guilds?
yet they are managing a come back.

Asura > all

in WvW

Posted by: Bahatsu.4521

Bahatsu.4521

Wow i actually signed up on the forums just to post what fun I had last night in WvW since Kaineng actually showed up for a bit… And i see this.

I will do all of Kaineng and Dev. Rest a favor and not let this one individual spoil my view of you as a whole. obviously this one message board whiner does not offer the same respect to us. There has been plenty of times on all sides I have seen this abused. I ran into a Kaineng Warrior yesterday afternoon that feared me ran away until out of combat then poofed. (ported or logged)

We do seem to have more numbers in the WvW than you that is a fact. However time and time again when you actually get some numbers I am in a group of 7-14 that can stalemate and route a group of 20+ for about 20 mins. All the while the rest of NS are securing towers. We have come a LONG way as a server since the big alliance left. Now that more and more people are getting comfortable with WvW and communicating we are doing MUCH better. (Before we couldn’t even log into WvW for 5+ hours at a time because of said alliance)

-Bahatsu [PVP] NS
WvW Officer of PvP Inc.
“There is no shame in finishing second… When it was to me” -Bahatsu

(edited by Bahatsu.4521)

in WvW

Posted by: WonderPenguin.1387

WonderPenguin.1387

I don’t know what anyone would gain by doing what the OP said. If you can’t afford repair costs then why are you even in WvW?

Anyways, I was in NS wvw last night when they took the DR garrison and I liked the seige construction on both sides. I wish I was able to keep stocking supply, I hated seeing those trebs left un-built.

Most fun I had was when we were fighting a keep lord in his chambers and then DR massed a wave onto the bridge. Wish the pops were more balanced, the fights are over so quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

Tbh, the fact that NSP, a high pop world, is facing Kaineng and DR is an insult to them already.

This is actually what I thought as well.

But at least we have people to fight and no queues!

in WvW

brandon.6735

It’s funny b/c i have dirt on a player from Kaineng getting into a keep when they were attacking the gate.

OP..Just like i said every server has there bad blood. There no need to point fingers at the server for a few bad blood players.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

This would be easily solved with a 10-30s timer on logging out. Player could force logout to close their game in a hurry, but their character would stay on (and get pummeled all the same) untill the timer ran out. In fact many MMORPG with strong PvP ties have this, if nothing else if you try to logout in combat. Strange to realize GW2 doesn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

Edit: Oops. I realize I missed a post or two before commenting.

Kaineng is for lovers, and killers, and dancers. The complaints department is that way. —> Points to the high population servers.

(edited by Fubuki.7162)

in WvW

Narcosis.3812

The irony is delicious

Care to elaborate?

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

He highlighted it?

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It’s funny b/c i have dirt on a player from Kaineng getting into a keep when they were attacking the gate.

OP..Just like i said every server has there bad blood. There no need to point fingers at the server for a few bad blood players.

Care to substantiate that?

Ive been in your keeps when you guys had the doors up because you forgot to check around after you repaired the door that we broke to get in.

As far as the op’s point, ive seen several NSP players do this so far, some even in prominate guilds. But this is arenanet’s job to fix. And the fix is simple on paper (i’m sure much harder code wise) but to keep the character logged in for 15-25 seconds if the player closes the client while in combat in WvW.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

i am on devona, and i experienced the same thing! and one of the guys had the star of map completion! he was a warrior in full exotic gear. truly pathetic.

i was amazed that he actually force quit his game to avoid being killed. truly amazed.

another equally amazing thing i saw was in the skirtt cave event… there were literally 40 NS bots running around in a ring farming it. my group of 3 guys killed them all, and laughed as the bots kept trying to res each other instead of fighting back. i felt bad for the real players that were duped into that cave, for they died a horrible death.

needless to say, it was pretty discouraging to see 40 half naked bots running around. such a flagrant display.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Gao Gao.4973)

in WvW

Narcosis.3812

I saw that he highlighted it, just wondering if he comprehended what I posted and I wonder the same about you. I was admonishing the OP, asking Kaineng posters to post with class, and agreeing with Musty. No one knows which server the OP is on as he seems to want to keep that a secret, and no one knows if the guy that logged out is a NS regular or someone that transferred minutes ago. If I was him I would post the guild tag if they had one.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Sure are a lot of sore losers in here.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

rekina.6078

No one knows which server the OP is on as he seems to want to keep that a secret

I don’t know what you are talking about. Read OP once again.

in WvW

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

Kaineng and DR are some sort of D-league world. If you are fighting against D-league, you ARE a D-league. Yes sir, a high population D-league world. No matter how kitty AA are, at least they did something right.

in WvW

brandon.6735

Care to substantiate that?

Ive been in your keeps when you guys had the doors up because you forgot to check around after you repaired the door that we broke to get in.

As far as the op’s point, ive seen several NSP players do this so far, some even in prominate guilds. But this is arenanet’s job to fix. And the fix is simple on paper (i’m sure much harder code wise) but to keep the character logged in for 15-25 seconds if the player closes the client while in combat in WvW.

http://imageshack.us/f/705/gw157p.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/20/gw153w.jpg/

This guy did this three times while they were attacking the gate. He somehow goes through the gate. He would jump down after hitting us and go right through the gate.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Squeal.7142

Squeal.7142

I am a player from Anvil Rock, at the moment our server is matched up in WvWvW against Nothern Shiverpeak and Ferguson Crossing. Northern Shiverpeak are quite good, it is as if they have fast reaction guild that move from map to map when there’s crisis. I admire that ability.

However, I have to say that admiration is tarnished. You guys might want to read this thread..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/GF-NSP-Too-bad-someone-had-to-orb-hack/first#post243051

This is no player vs player cheating, this is orb hack. A boon that affect all 4 maps of WvWvW. While this might be act the act of a single player, and that Shiverpeak have the capability to gain the orb even without hack. The feeling of respect that I got toward Northern Shiverpeak no longer exist.

Enjoy the 3 orbs boon.

Rose Forestborn, 80 Ranger,
(Hero)

in WvW

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

I am a player from Anvil Rock, at the moment our server is matched up in WvWvW against Nothern Shiverpeak and Ferguson Crossing. Northern Shiverpeak are quite good, it is as if they have fast reaction guild that move from map to map when there’s crisis. I admire that ability.

However, I have to say that admiration is tarnished. You guys might want to read this thread..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/GF-NSP-Too-bad-someone-had-to-orb-hack/first#post243051

This is no player vs player cheating, this is orb hack. A boon that affect all 4 maps of WvWvW. While this might be act the act of a single player, and that Shiverpeak have the capability to gain the orb even without hack. The feeling of respect that I got toward Northern Shiverpeak no longer exist.

Enjoy the 3 orbs boon.

There are hackers on all servers. Being butthurt over losing an orb that you were going to lose anyway (we’ve held all three every day that I’ve been on) and acting like all of NSP is full of hackers is just asinine.

in WvW

Squeal.7142

Enjoy the 3 orbs boon.

There are hackers on all servers. Being butthurt over losing an orb that you were going to lose anyway (we’ve held all three every day that I’ve been on) and acting like all of NSP is full of hackers is just asinine.

like I said, I didn’t denied the ability of NS, to take the orb without hacker. Although as a side note WE STILL hold the Hill even now in NS-borderland, which mean without the hacker you only got 2 orbs right now. Enjoy the 3 orbs.. :p

Sigh, so sad.. that a server with such capability, reading about possibility of hacker in their midst, come with “Every server have hacker” comment instead some condemnation toward whoever that hacker is. Ah well, really hope A-Net investigate this incident.

(Hero)

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

Enjoy the 3 orbs boon.

like I said, I didn’t denied the ability of NS, to take the orb without hacker. Although as a side note WE STILL hold the Hill even now in NS-borderland, which mean without the hacker you only got 2 orbs right now. Enjoy the 3 orbs.. :p

Sigh, so sad.. that a server with such capability, reading about possibility of hacker in their midst, come with “Every server have hacker” comment instead some condemnation toward whoever that hacker is. Ah well, really hope A-Net investigate this incident.

Yes, I said “every server has hackers” because they do. While spawn camping Anvil Rock earlier, there was a bot constantly coming out of base and trying to farm the Skelk near there. Did I go on the forums and insult every Anvil Rock player because they, gasp, have a hacker on their server? No.

I don’t condone hacking myself, but complaining on the forums about it is just dumb. There will be hackers, and you’re better off reporting them instead of making your server look terrible by complaining with multiple threads (and bumping old ones like this). I’d understand if the Orb of Power was so game changing that you guys were going to win, but…

in WvW

Squeal.7142

Yes, I said “every server has hackers” because they do. While spawn camping Anvil Rock earlier, there was a bot constantly coming out of base and trying to farm the Skelk near there. Did I go on the forums and insult every Anvil Rock player because they, gasp, have a hacker on their server? No.

Pardon, but from your comment you seem to feel that I insult every Northern Shiverpeak players ? Which part is that ? Where I said I lost respect to Northern Shiverpeak server ? I assure you, respect must be earned, and if you believe that the fact I no longer respect your server is an insult for the entire player, thanks. I never expect my opinion to be so highly regarded.

I don’t condone hacking myself, but complaining on the forums about it is just dumb.

In this, we have to disagree, and considering the number of complaint regarding hack in the forum, Oh my, beware you’re surrounded by tons of dumb people, save yourself..

There will be hackers, and you’re better off reporting them instead of making your server look terrible by complaining with multiple threads (and bumping old ones like this).

Umm, nope. Again I have to disagree. I don’t think I make my server look terrible. I assure you this thread is related, and considering the last post before I posted is.. let see, 4 days ago. Ah well, I guess old are relative. Oh my, you must be so young to believe 4 days are old.

I’d understand if the Orb of Power was so game changing that you guys were going to win, but…

Hmm, again we have to disagree on the important of orb of power. Regardless the whole point of the report is not about winning or losing. It’s about fairplay, My apology if you didn’t receive that message within our “multiple” post.

(Hero)

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

Pardon, but from your comment you seem to feel that I insult every Northern Shiverpeak players ? Which part is that ? Where I said I lost respect to Northern Shiverpeak server ? I assure you, respect must be earned, and if you believe that the fact I no longer respect your server is an insult for the entire player, thanks. I never expect my opinion to be so highly regarded.

I don’t condone hacking myself, but complaining on the forums about it is just dumb.

In this, we have to disagree, and considering the number of complaint regarding hack in the forum, Oh my, beware you’re surrounded by tons of dumb people, save yourself..

There will be hackers, and you’re better off reporting them instead of making your server look terrible by complaining with multiple threads (and bumping old ones like this).

Umm, nope. Again I have to disagree. I don’t think I make my server look terrible. I assure you this thread is related, and considering the last post before I posted is.. let see, 4 days ago. Ah well, I guess old are relative. Oh my, you must be so young to believe 4 days are old.

I’d understand if the Orb of Power was so game changing that you guys were going to win, but…

Hmm, again we have to disagree on the important of orb of power. Regardless the whole point of the report is not about winning or losing. It’s about fairplay, My apology if you didn’t receive that message within our “multiple” post.

I never said you insulted the entire player base. I exaggerated what a simple hacker would turn a forum thread into.

Yes, I consider those threads dumb as well. Hackers should be reported and ignored. Doing anything else makes a far bigger deal out of it than it really is, and this is no exception.

Yeah, 4 days is old for a thread, especially one that was created about a war that isn’t even going on anymore.

I really don’t see how you could possibly think that a single Orb of Power is somehow so game changing that you guys would come out of a 150k deficit in 4 days time because of it.

Also, your new “holier than thou” attitude doesn’t fit you.

in WvW

Posted by: Tola.3927

Tola.3927

Hey guys! I’m TMT LOL Fight for NS

in WvW

Posted by: Zazael.5608

Zazael.5608

Wtf?? You can not blame an entire server just because a person has cheated … I dont know why people conplaining about our server… but we are not the only one server on gw 2 !!!!!!!!! Stop that… it is not our fault if we are active T_T Ok So, I’ve seen people, 1 day ago, go on an unattainable hill near a camp supply and was killing everyone who was in their field of vision. ( I dont know what server is… but i think its furgesson pass something like that )