Not sure whats more annoying

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Farming materials for Legendary that will always be BiS no matter what patch or doing the puzzles in WvW with lame people who farm these areas.

What was the point of adding legendary material in PvP for a PvE weapon? Its certainly not fun and goes against what Arenanet said in the beginning.

Yet no matter many times this topic comes up, you would think that if people are still complaining, what a bother Legendaries are and no longer a cosmetic, it would be a huge hint hint that after so many months, this might hurt the reputation of GW2.

What a game flaw this became to be the biggest mistake Arenanet made as a decision to be the core of their game play.

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Legendaries are still cosmetic.
It’s also a reach to suggest it’s the biggest game flaw. There are much BIGGER game flaws.
Anet has always considered WvW part of the PvE experience. God knows why.
Honestly, if you want it so badly transfer to a server with one dominant power and youll have unopposed puzzles and free mesmer portals.

Or you could just suck it up and earn it. Maybe play WvW.
FYI, PvE weapons are used in WvW. And I half heartedly agree, but at the same time getting 500 badges was no issue for me and i never really noticed because i actually enjoy wvw.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

I did not say I wanted it so badly, just I take a break for few months and the game is still so boring with the same problems.

I mean its nice its free to play but, I am just recalling at the back of my mind of what Arenanet’s goals were and they totally went against it.

So I guess I am just criticizing whats so great about Guild Wars 2 because I still reading multiple post of people that are drooling over this game and just cannot fathom a single reason, their state.

Nice try being a tough guy though.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You forgot to mention threads like these as a possible choice for the “what’s more annoying” question.

Anyway, the JPs should be in their own map so they don’t take up the queues for real WvWers, and, honestly, since legendaries can be displayed in WvW, it makes perfect sense for me to have WvW be a requirement to obtain them. I think that’s fair, and if you don’t like it, you shouldn’t trouble yourself getting one. I’m sure if you want pure PvE, you can get an ascended weapon in PvE down the road when they add them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

inbetween.5623

I did not say I wanted it so badly, just I take a break for few months and the game is still so boring with the same problems.

I mean its nice its free to play but, I am just recalling at the back of my mind of what Arenanet’s goals were and they totally went against it.

So I guess I am just criticizing whats so great about Guild Wars 2 because I still reading multiple post of people that are drooling over this game and just cannot fathom a single reason, their state.

Nice try being a tough guy though.

Yeah because that’s so relevant. If you dont want to hear an opinion different to your own dont make threads on message boards.
Apparently the issue was the Badges of Honor and now its just plain everything and you want to leave. Then go right out and let its GW2 reputation tarnish itself.
This isn’t WvW related anymore, should have made it in general and cry there.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Rising Dusk.2408

Then maybe Arenanet should take back the statement of Legendaries being best in slot no matter what patch.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ inbetween.5623

Except you can only get the badges and Gift from WvW, there for its in the correct forum area.

Though its nice to see that the snotty are easily spotted after so much time?

Don’t you ever get tired doing the same thing over and over. Not like something is rotting.

in WvW

Rising Dusk.2408

@ Rising Dusk.2408

Then maybe Arenanet should take back the statement of Legendaries being best in slot no matter what patch.

That is irrelevant. The cost of a legendary weapon is far above and beyond the cost of any number of gear improvements they could make over the next 5 years. If you want a legendary, it’s because you want a legendary. If you want best in slot gear only, get an exotic for now and get an ascended weapon when it comes out. It’ll be much less painful than grinding for a legendary when you don’t actually want one.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

inbetween.5623

Youve openly stated that you’re ‘just criticizing’ GW2 and all it’s supporters which is fair enough but THAT is not related to WvW in the end. I’ve offered you alternatives and suggestions to your scenario and youre only response is that “you dont want to play for several months, there isnt a good thing about it.”
Like I said you can have an opinion, but permit me to have my own without throwing random character attacks.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Rising Dusk.2408

No its not irrelevant, best in slot is best in slot. If you read the statement, Legendary states will be above Ascendant weapons when they come out.

Surely you know this because this is such common information, if not, well sucks to be you then.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ inbetween.5623

The only thing you said was Legendaries are cosmetic, which is false. I cannot help it if you are misinformed.

in WvW

inbetween.5623

@ Rising Dusk.2408

No its not irrelevant, best in slot is best in slot. If you read the statement, Legendary states will be above Ascendant weapons when they come out.

Surely you know this because this is such common information, if not, well sucks to be you then.

You are misinformed, Legendary’s will be the equivalent of Ascended weapons should they ever be released.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

@ Rising Dusk.2408

well, if new gear comes out, and you get a new great sword, then put your legendary skin on it, won’t it be best in slot? How would a legendary be better than a freshly released piece of gear with better stats unless it auto scales. Did Anet say that legendary weapons will auto scale?

I’m not sure how new gear cant be better than a legendary with out the transfering skin/stats.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

No, legendaries will be upgraded to ascended stats once ascended weapons are released. They are best-in-slot because ascended stats will be the best-in-slot. Legendaries are purely cosmetic otherwise.

If you want badges, go kill people. Participate in WvW. It’s really not hard to get them.

Just another careless bird.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ inbetween.5623

Pretty sure I read the statement correctly, perhaps you should re-read it?

@ Sumwun.3846

Actually no because according to the statement you want to keep the legendary stats not the skin.

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

@ inbetween.5623

Pretty sure I read the statement correctly, perhaps you should re-read it?

@ Sumwun.3846

Actually no because according to the statement you want to keep the legendary stats not the skin.

can you link the reading, please.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Sumwun.3846

Sure give me 10 minutes to finish this WvW puzzle.

Edit: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Quote: Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items.

Since Legendaries are always always a few stats above, no matter how miniscule it is, if you ever had played stat based game or using the common MMO WoW, a single stat makes a difference.

So while @inbetween.5623 argues it will be on par, if something was on par, if would never be stated as “Best in slot” by the devs unless it had a couple stats above it.

Not sure how old of a gamer he is but proving to be inexperienced in mathematics.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

in WvW

inbetween.5623

No, its actually common knowledge that they with be on par will Ascended, therefore “best in slot.” For this reason they are labelled cosmetic.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Weapons-Boosted-to-Ascended-Stats
And probably numerous other threads with dev responses if you do a search.
But if you refuse to believe me, then I’ve given up trying to persuade you.

(edited by inbetween.5623)

in WvW

Posted by: Arkangel.4806

Arkangel.4806

@ Sumwun.3846
Quote: Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items.

I don’t really get how it’s possible you’re misinterpreting that statement. It clearly shows you are 100% wrong. Legendaries will be on par with ascended. It says it right there. Just because an item is BiS, it doesn’t mean there can’t be a dozen other BiS items for that slot.
It’s going to stay exactly the way it is now, if you want to obtain maximum stats for a specific slot, there are a multitude of ways to get those stats (crafting, dungeons, WvW, etc.). Granted, ascended items can currently only be obtained by one or two ways, but they’re still BiS, ALL of them.

Aramanya – Female Sylvari Thief & sword aficionado
Fiona Fiore – Female Norn Mesmer & general nuisance
Kodash

in WvW

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, let me quote the relevant part from Linsey’s blog post. Note the bolded part, which specifically says that Legendary items will have identical quality stats to Ascended items.

“Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. "
~ Linsey

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Arkangel.4806

No developer would say an item is “best-in-slot” unless mathematically it provides a boost to your character, to a group, or to a raid over the course of time.

If the developer actually meant, “Best-in-slot” as a cosmetic item, that would be the dumbest statement a developer can give over a topic of item progression.

There for, you have to rule out that a Legendary is a Cosmetic.

You can argue all you want but clearly you are missing the point.

in WvW

inbetween.5623

@ Arkangel.4806

No developer would say an item is “best-in-slot” unless mathematically it provides a boost to your character, to a group, or to a raid over the course of time.

If the developer actually meant, “Best-in-slot” as a cosmetic item, that would be the dumbest statement a developer can give over a topic of item progression.

Please just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. There is no mathematics involved, just very simple reading comprehension.
In fact, Dev comments have been very explicit. I suspect if 50 more people entered this thread to tell you that you’re mistaken then you’d still refuse to believe them.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ inbetween.5623

Right I am embarrassing myself because I believe that the weapon that is claimed by Developer to make a statement that is suppose to be “best-in-slot”; is just an item for cosmetic?

A legendary that takes a insane amount of farming, time, and gold; just purely as a cosmetic for a digital item.

Do people realize how bad that is for owning a Legendary then or are we so wrapped up around Arenanets thumb that people cannot see past this.

I mean what makes a legendary so much better versus a World of Warcraft selling you a flying Unicorn for 35 bucks?

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

@ Arkangel.4806

I feel like best in slot in GW2 isn’t the same idea as, say, WoW. for example, you can get a staff a few ways, but the exotics are all going to have the same min/max no matter how you acquire them. they are all best in slot. if you ad a legendary skin to that it will remain best in slot.

unless the precurser gets bumped up a quality level, I read this as you can move the skin to the next level and it will still be best in slot.

I almost read that like they were trying to reassure players that their efforts are not wasted.

like when WoW does an expansion, all your epic gear is replaced by greens. – I felt they were trying to quell that concern.

That’s how i took it.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Sumwun.3846

I understand that but again read my previous post that explains why this is bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Threads created for the sake of complaining are not allowed as they do not invite to constructive discussion. Please refrain from creating such threads in the future.

Thank you