People crashing the game to avoid dying

in WvW

Posted by: Uloi.8593

Uloi.8593

So I’ve noticed more than a few players disapering after I downed them. With one guy it happned 4 times in a row. He was a warrior so i know he didnt teleport or anything. Whats up with this? Is there i was to report them?

Thanks
Uloi

in WvW

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

Maybe you smashed his face so hard his computer crashed.

On most servers people would not close out the game and be put into que just to avoid 1 death

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah, it really should be fixed. People just log right before they die. You don’t get the kill/loot and they don’t get a repair cost.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Endofwords.6790

Endofwords.6790

Yeah people should take it like a champ, use ur skills to get out of trouble, not your logout screen.

Devona’s Rest
Ororodos-80 Mesmer- RED

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

You don’t have skills to get out of trouble when you’re lvl15 vs lvl80 who jumped on you and wants to dance on your body. ALT+F4 ftw.

And ALT+F4 should not be fixed before invisibility is fixed. I wan’t the option to leave without repair cost if invisible people jump on me.

Pro tip: Enter WvW from one of the bigger towns and ALT+F4, then when you relogin just use one of the waypoints inside that town. Instant ressurection, no cost.

PS: I’m not saying it’s OK to ALT+F4 just because someone is higher level.. and of course ALT+F4 should be fixed, it annoyed me as well but in this game with so many bugs and bad mechanics you can either join them or whine..

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Coshocton.5706

Coshocton.5706

They don’t skip out on the repair bill if you down them. They will log on dead and if no one is there to res, they will have to pay the port. Loot issue is the annoying part.

I am not sure about logging out during combat. I don’t think you necessarily deserve loot if either since they saved you some time, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: NightFox.3957

NightFox.3957

ALT+F4 is not a thing that can be fixed. It is part of windows and not the game. ANET would get in to large amounts of legal troubles with Microsoft for even touching it. ALT-F4 is designed as a intent to let a user exit a program that is not functioning if the OS itself is still functioning. How people use it is low but there is nothing that could be actually done as it would violate Microsoft’s Liscense that everyone agree’s to by using the software.

All Out Assault (AoA)
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Get rid of repairs in wpvp. Especially when it’s 100 vs 1 every 5s.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

Don’t be silly, no one was talking about ANet modifying windows to make ALT+F4 do something else lmao. And of course ANet can do something – when character loses connection to the server it remains in a game for a while. Gamebreaking achievement for 21st century considering even GW1 had it..

They don’t skip out on the repair bill if you down them. They will log on dead and if no one is there to res, they will have to pay the port

I just explained how to instantly rez yourself even if there is no one around.

There are two instant ways to be rezed:
1) By using other people to rez you – you enter WvW from Lion’s Arch near Trading Post. There’s always a million people there.
2) By using a waypoint inside the same town – you enter WvW from Lion’s Arch or Divinity Reach or any other big town. Then when you login dead, you use one of the nearest waypoints for instant rez and zero cost.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: overrandom.2536

overrandom.2536

ANET would get in to large amounts of legal troubles with Microsoft for even touching it.

Legal troubles? No. Some games and programs do block Alt F4.

The easiest thing to do is actually the same as other MMOs. Your game may quit, but your character never left (for a duration).

Rikard Mathiassen
Anderthian Box [ABox]
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Rastamon.6954

Rastamon.6954

Agreed. There are quite a few programs that block Alt+F4 so there’s no issue doing so. Especially when you can use Ctrl+Alt+Del and use Task Manager to kill your crashed program which you frequently can’t get out of even with Alt+F4. The simple issue is what’s been mentioned, you logout but your character remains in world for a short time. It’s how EVE fixed the problem of instant warping to avoid destruction so there’s no reason A-Net can’t do the same thing. When it comes right down to it, this is exploiting the game mechanics to avoid penalties pure and simple. Really poor form.

in WvW

Posted by: Coshocton.5706

Coshocton.5706

@Ianervan.3415 Getting someone to res you or using a wp does not bypass armor repairs.

They don’t even need someone to stay after log out. Just have anyone who logs out while down considered finished which will give out loot.

If someone logs out while running away then SOL. You miss out on a small chance for a badge or two but if your all out badge farming, there is much better ways to get them. Same for the other amazing items on the loot table of players in WvW. I would not mind as that person needs to log back in and join the BL to even begin running back to the objective they were at.

But yes, having downed someone and poof can get old but they still have to pay repairs and log back in. So the issue of losing the uber loots seems like a no brainer fix.

Also, if you do no hit the person to bring them into combat, they can still WP. I see that happen a lot and do it myself if I am out of place and see a zerg rolling in. WP to Hills/Gar and go back.

(edited by Coshocton.5706)

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

You don’t pay repair bills. Are you seriously going to argue with me on this one?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

You should make it so if you d/c or crash the game your character still lingers for about 30 seconds before leaving.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Uloi.8593

Any update on this? I think its a totally reasonable request.

in WvW

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

The fix that will be implemented will be players will remain in game for a short time after any disconnection.

Ianervan. your a troll. lvl 15’s indeed. They need to lvl and gear up. or go sPvP

OP’s question has been answered. thread can die now

in WvW

Uloi.8593

Sweet Jonathan, where is the notes? I’ll be happy to let this thread die after seeing them.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Yes please Jon give us a link.

in WvW

Posted by: Blacklisted.9365

Blacklisted.9365

Last thing I want is to dc and try to relog with a “character already logged in” error, that I commonly see on other games that have a timeout to log.

in WvW

Posted by: Blacklisted.9365

Blacklisted.9365

Also Coshocton, please stop saying you have to pay a repair cost because you dont. If you are downed and alt-f4 you log in dead without damaged armor.

in WvW

Uloi.8593

Last thing I want is to dc and try to relog with a “character already logged in” error, that I commonly see on other games that have a timeout to log.

Yea that does suck. I’m thinking only while in WvW, 20 sec should do. Or maybe this only happens if you D/C while “down” in WvW.

On the plus side haven’t seen too many tools doing this the last few days.

in WvW

Posted by: Tanissa.9387

Tanissa.9387

Dayz all over again.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

In GW1 there was a mechanic that kept your session alive after crashing / closing the client for a certain amount of time. When logging back in you were asked if you would like to try to reconnect to your old session.
That worked flawlessly for me (also for example in missions the instance was kept alive so you could log back in right where you were inside the instance when you crashed).
So I think A.net should be able to do it right without that error you mentioned because they’ve done so before (and GW2 runs on a heavily modified version of the same engine).
I think it should even be slightly longer than 20s because if you get a bsod or for some other reason you have to reboot your pc after the crash, you might not be able to make it back on time depending on your machine.
Especially with the long queue times on some servers.

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

So its worth waiting in a Q again just to avoid a death?
I would much rather waste someones time because they are a whiny little girl than get a badge off of them. Everytime I see someone log after being downed I chuckle at how stupid they are and how little they value their time.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

You can log out when down, but you respawn dead and have to requeue.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer