Perma stealth

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

It just took about 15 people to kill one thief who was keeping a supply camp from being captured because they had unlimited stealth. we had to run around the entire capture point aoeing everything until we finally managed to get a lucky daze to kill one person. This was not a culling issue, the thief was able to chain stealth after stealth to remain invisible forever

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I was just there, a thief remained permanently stealthed until we got a chance stun on him which was about 7 minutes.

He didn’t even appear once during that duration.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Working as intended. Nothing to see here, move along.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

God mode. Working as intended.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Recently I’ve seen thiefs with 1 minute worth of stealth on themselves. To me that’s overpowered.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Recently I’ve seen thiefs with 1 minute worth of stealth on themselves. To me that’s overpowered.

While I agree that stealth should work in WvW as it does in sPvP with regard to point capture, you didn’t see a thief with 1 minute of stealth stored up. It caps at 10 seconds. Granted, you can constantly be filling it to that cap, but you can’t just fill ’er up and go.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Perma stealth

in WvW

BabelFish.7234

While I agree that stealth should work in WvW as it does in sPvP with regard to point capture, you didn’t see a thief with 1 minute of stealth stored up. It caps at 10 seconds. Granted, you can constantly be filling it to that cap, but you can’t just fill ’er up and go.

No, it was actually 1 minute. He was on my GoM server so I looked at his stealth buff after the 10 seconds and the stealth buff said 1m.

Hack or glitch?

P.S. I play a thief, I know how stealth works. :p That’s why I mentioned it, because it wasn’t working how it’s supposed to and I found that very, very odd.

(edited by BabelFish.7234)

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.6287

Raven.6287

We had one similar to that on our server. It became very annoying and I really cant believe that this is working as intended. If a proper fix for this class is not done, I can see either one of two things happening.
1. WvW will become all thief builds
2. No one will bother playing WvW due to all the broken classes.

To Anet please make changes to your quality control system it does not seem to be working as intended.

Perma stealth

in WvW

BabelFish.7234

Protip: if you see a thief, keep moving (so they can’t back stab you), make them waste their initiative and if it’s a P/D build either make sure you have your condition removal ready or run because they are kings at long fights that drain you of everything.

They aren’t really OP but it does require understanding how the thief works in order to beat them.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Some of them are just good thieves, but some of them are using cheats, no doubts about it… We know it, they know it, AN knows it.
I am waiting for a nice fix on that, so this lame players will have to find other way to get an edge..

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

They aren’t really OP but it does require understanding how the thief works in order to beat them.

I have an 80 Thief (see below) so I know firsthand how ridiculous it is. Perma stealth (by virtue of the rendering bug) is broken.

I’ve abused it myself many, many times in WvW. I will continue to until ANet nerfs/fixes it. On that day I will feel no pity for all the Thieves who have defended the bug so vehemently, since all their eggs are in one basket.

Attachments:

[AoN] All or Nothing

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

Of course, remove the Thiefs ability to harass supply camps and they’re pretty much useless in WvW. Turns into bringing a sub-par Ranger with a scorpion wire.

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

Perma stealth

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Of course, remove the Thiefs ability to harass supply camps and they’re pretty much useless in WvW. Turns into bringing a sub-par Ranger with a scorpion wire.

Thieve’s only current job in WvW is harassing supply camps with stealth + rendering bug?

Strange, I thought double daggers was used for something. I must be misinformed.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Thieve’s only current job in WvW is harassing supply camps with stealth + rendering bug?

Strange, I thought double daggers was used for something. I must be misinformed.

I guess you do not understand what WvW and mass pvp is about…

multitargetting.. not single target pwnage..tho it is fun to do that..

[SU]

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

No, it was actually 1 minute. He was on my GoM server so I looked at his stealth buff after the 10 seconds and the stealth buff said 1m.

Hack or glitch?

P.S. I play a thief, I know how stealth works. :p That’s why I mentioned it, because it wasn’t working how it’s supposed to and I found that very, very odd.

was that in EB jumping puzzle, by any chance?
Cuz there’s fountains down there granting 5 minutes of invis, ya know?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I guess you do not understand what WvW and mass pvp is about…

multitargetting.. not single target pwnage..tho it is fun to do that..

Your answer makes no sense in the context of this thread.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

Nighthound – Thief

Perma stealth

in WvW

BabelFish.7234

Hack or glitch?

was that in EB jumping puzzle, by any chance?
Cuz there’s fountains down there granting 5 minutes of invis, ya know?

Ahhhhh that explains it. I was wondering…

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

It most certainly does not cap at 10 seconds, pretty sure the cap is 30-60 seconds. Heck, shadow refuge will give >10 seconds by itself with no extra help and no stealth traits.

That said, permastealth is only actually useful for one thing: holding capture points while stealthed. Get rid of that mechanic to make it work like sPvP and permastealth is no longer an issue.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Xirin.8593

That said, permastealth is only actually useful for one thing: holding capture points while stealthed. Get rid of that mechanic to make it work like sPvP and permastealth is no longer an issue.

This. I can’t figure out why they allow stealth to cap/prevent cap in WvW while it doesn’t work in sPVP since it’s the same objective.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Just make it so that it works like sPVP.. thats it. Then I can stealth 5 other people in my team just before the point gets taken so they all lose their award. YAY!.. >_>

Thief.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

It most certainly does not cap at 10 seconds, pretty sure the cap is 30-60 seconds. Heck, shadow refuge will give >10 seconds by itself with no extra help and no stealth traits.

You can be stealthed for longer, but you can only have 10 sec in reserve. It’s like having an itty bitty gas tank you have to keep filling up. I think it was higher at launch, but I don’t remember by how much.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

^ yep. 10 seconds but you can add as it is depleted.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

http://imgur.com/6Vxjd

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Hack or glitch?

Were you in the jump puzzle? That is not Thief stealth.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just remove all stealth skills and give them skill stole 1 silver. Profession is thief not ninja.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

I stand corrected.

I went and tested it. I was under a false assumption from Shadows Refuge. I can get to 13 seconds.

So I’d assume from maxing certain stats and traits you could make that even higher.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

I have a perma stealth Thief alt. I can stack up to 13 seconds maximum, but traits and skills help replenishing the stealth stacks as it is depleted. It is not easy to do by the way. Hats off to thief doing it for 15 minutes long, this is truly impressive, and the zerg that got fooled by it is also really incompetent. I have myself done it once for a 4-5 minutes, but never more than that, as I got discovered or lost stealth in the process.

Tip 1 : a thief is no way near invincible when stealthed. Counter : AOE + random sword slashing
Tip 2 : Spread around. Most of these thieves use a combo field + combo finisher attack to regain stealth. If they mistakenly attack a random target instead of “air”, they will come back visible. So spread around instead of stacking.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: redsolarmoon.1054

redsolarmoon.1054

I have a 80 thief that doesn’t rely on smoke or shadow refuge and can assure you I am still capable without the use of those methods. If people want to play hide and go seek, that’s their business. But, there are still people who just stand there and take the blow from thieves even without stealth because I am one of those thieves.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

I stand corrected.

I went and tested it. I was under a false assumption from Shadows Refuge. I can get to 13 seconds.

So I’d assume from maxing certain stats and traits you could make that even higher.

It used to be around 25 seconds or so when I first played around with perma stealth, was much easier to do then. Also most of the buff duration caps are soft caps not hard caps. if a skill puts you over the soft cap it will add the full duration but untill you drop below the cap new attempts to apply that boon will do nothing. Its entierly possible that there is a 10s cap but hiting a 4s stealth at 9.9s remaining could bump you back up to 13. I did most of my observations on boon duration caps on my warrior playing around with how high I could stack swiftness and such. Incidently 4 minutes was the highest swiftness I ever achieved with sig of rage and alot of boon duration although I think they lowered the cap on that recently as I cant get much over 2 min now.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: DataPhreak.2506

DataPhreak.2506

Tip 2 : Spread around. Most of these thieves use a combo field + combo finisher attack to regain stealth. If they mistakenly attack a random target instead of “air”, they will come back visible. So spread around instead of stacking.

Last I checked, hitting someone with HS out of black power doesn’t break stealth.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Last I checked, hitting someone with HS out of black power doesn’t break stealth.

If you are visible before, it deals damage and then stealths you.
If you are invisible before, you get the “revealed” debuff.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Welcome to Stealth Wars 2

in my Guild 8 Players rerolled a Thief and in WvW i see more and more Thiefs.

I hope ArenaNet will do something.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Varthanos.4897

Varthanos.4897

This is exactly what is happening and a really stupid mechanic. Hitting them in stealth doesn’t even break stealth and this game is one of the first I have ever seen where there is no stealth detection.

Perma stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Varthanos.4897

Varthanos.4897

And what the heck is up with stealth and the free finishing move? You can’t even see the person that finishes you or even target them to use your special knocked down moves. It is already bad enough when someone has quickness on and can finish you in a blink of the eye but this stealth finisher is just plain bogus.

O well. I can only hope they fix this stuff before I move on.