Piken Square Vs Gandara vs Augury Rock Rnd 2

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

I’m on a Law and Order new years day Marathon today also catching up on some website posts and film reviews. My silly addiction to this game has left Review copies of games and films piling up as they filter through the letter box.

Nothing quite like a good homicide to make the day go by swiftly!

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

I didnt want to get into this but this

• Sounds like you were against randoms with no leader *

This is Gandara Eternal BG most days, we have a few Commanders that dont mind coming to Eternal like Ezekiel, but mostly its a bunch of randoms chatting in team, you dont see us complaining on the forums when our towers get taken when we are out numbered or we have no leader.. thats the way the game plays, sometimes you queue to get any action and others days you wish you had queued. As for the xmas day massacre tbh its what i expected after xmas eve event, but then again most of towers/keeps xmas day must have been PvD so maybe pot and kettle comes to mind.

• And before its mentioned again its holidays for gandara too… well you could of fooled Piken and Augury *

AR had the biggest zerg’s id seen in ages last night (New Year Eve), tho I must admit some of them did appear the worse for wear. At 11pm gmt we were so outnumbered it was funny, but I also saw a lot of Piken about too. After the big presence of the AR zerg, people started calling in extras to join EBG hence where our numbers came from last night. You seem to belittle everything that we do/try, if a WvW Guild takes a keep its because it had no leader defending, if we take a tower its because we out numbered you.

Gandara may seem like an unorganised lowlife rabble to you, but I have to thank you for this since any negative comment about Gandara always gets people working together. And after reading some of the posts here over the last couple of days, I actually left Eternal (with a few others) and joined some group that wanted to start on Piken BG, maybe its my reading comprehension that made me feel I had to do that, maybe some of it was meant to be joking but even after re-reading some of the posts Ive yet to see the sense of humour.

Anyway whatever the score at the end, we would have tried our best with what we had and I dont think many Gandarans could disagree with that.

in WvW

Tortun.5946

/cheer @Missy

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Sorry if my realism offends sensative people, I call it like I see it, you should know My views are mine alone and not represent TUP or my server Everything I see Gandara saying, is how it is from Piken’s Side…

Piken Is Friendly and respected by many servers… it seems from the get go Gandara have a issue with Piken… and have been trying to tarnish our reputation, accusations of hacking of well respected players and guilds didnt help. You’ve been trolling our servers image and reputation to no end… yet piken is the arrogant ones? Just because i stated some truth about Piken’s Current situation, it seems Gandara get all defensive about that lol.

Gandara’s momentum, and server pride as been turning into vile negativity aimed in Piken’s direction… blah blah blah Alliance <<<< over and over, when it was openly done and a backlash for xmas by a minority of both AR & PS. Alot of commanders didnt know about it until it was over so go figure. Likely will never happen again, case closed… yet days and days blah blah alliance, really?

Im glad if anything i say is motivating Gandara, I want fights… its depressing when you have to chase servers map hopping away from guild group

I dont know Gandara’s situation inside and out, like it seems gandara are very dismissive of piken’s current situation… I see alot of baiting from gandara and I can return the favour Im generally being pretty nice… just my realism, is classed as arrogant and dismissive?

Initially was pretty surprised and shocked by Gandara’s attitude towards Piken, after weeks of mutial respect between Piken, Riverside and Kodash.

Fighting Elona made Piken very realistic, at end of day its all about numbers… So Gandara riding high after recruiting, Piken are regrouping. Elona had a superiority complex because they had more numbers and would win on score, but would lose many battles vs a third their number… yet thats “mad skills” apprantely. We thought we would get double teamed vs elona and kodash, but elona seem to dislike germans just as much and give off same vibes as Gandara are about Piken.

The amount of effort Gandara needs to get promoted is a crazy amount at this rate, then you could find a huge server where you have no realistic chance of beating just cuz of numbers, and life is more important anyways to take it that serious But the fights are insanely fun if your running at decent sized group, small scale will suffer though.

Piken could get relegated… and we could be “rewarded” score wise if we hit that tier hard and come back with momentum… (thats if we are the piken pre xmas and if other servers take us lightly) with the way the ranking system works, instead of slogging it out in this Tier… (aka rewarded)

But personally im just enjoying the battles vs a New server to us, and seeing old foes from Perish,KF,TDA etc is icing on cake… and other guilds we have previously met on different servers.

Kind Regards
TUP

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Tortun.5946

PvD?! There were also four or five standing by the tower we were trebbing from and hiding the golum, one of you on the mortar making things difficult for us and another one I know that was repairing the wall.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

And so the trolling continues. I had made some constructive posts in this thread, compared to last week, trying to deflect it from this kind of outcome, but alas, some people are too dull minded to avert themselves from this kind of petty behaviour. Thats at both sides here, not just Gandara.

All I’ll say, is the only 2 servers to ever really have an issue with Piken Squares forum attitude, was Elona Reach, who have an issue with everyone(the german boards are quite legendary in their trolling from Elona), and now Gandara. The other 18 or so servers we’ve faced had no issues apart from maybe a few reports of bug-using, and hacks, which every thread has. So, its a problem with Piken Square? Does the logic behind that really seem sound, after the facts I just stated? Hmm. And like Wam said, we didn’t have people repeating Gandara’s opinion of us in the WvW thread about favourite opponents. It was about a friendly attitude, skilled guilds, and good community.

Whether Gandara like it or not, and want to continue shouting to the heavans that we’re lowlife dogs, as I think one troll put it, it is not an opinion shared by really anyone else, except a zergy german super server. I’m quite proud of the fact that Piken Square has an excellent community, that continually wants to work together to improve itself. Its how we managed to get from T8/9 to T3 with hardly any recruitment whatsoever. Christmas/New Year hit us a lot harder than we imagined it would, and really only a fool from any of the servers would try and justify saying that everyone was hit equally over the holidays. We’re hoping to recover, regroup and continue where we left off before the Elona week.

If any WvW guilds from either server see GG raiding with a full zerker thief commander, give me a wave o/

Regards

GG

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Im with Luranni, both sides have to stop acting like… <insert word here> Ar… keep doing whatever your doing because your the best behaved out of all 3.

Wamgor; congratulations! Would you like a medal? you were voted most popular by what probably isn’t even 0.5% of the WvW population. which is representative of.. oh yea, nothing. Comments like that is why we think your arrogant.

And yes the alliance thing was last match up no need to continue it here. It doesn’t matter if one server is hitting us or both at a time… it makes for a target rich environment.

looooooooool

Yes because that comment was to show you that… not everyone thinks Piken is the Devil

and its not even 0.5% of the population… more like 0.001%

It was in response to all the besmirching of Piken… to show Gandara got the wrong impression about Piken.

Still Gandara always on the defensive, do not seem to be able to put server bias aside and see things for as they are.

Already pointed out that AR will be loving all this, I bet they laugh their heads off that Gandara are going to continue playing games and continue baiting Piken… while in 2nd place and pushing for first… making PS vs GD more likely, than PS vs AR… like last week when first was targeted.

Continue to mistake my realism for arogance if you will Im not the one posting screenshots of beating randoms, or accusing legit players of hacking.

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Tortun.5946

It’s amusing that the images I posted proving Piken weren’t outmanned were reported and removed but the accusations that we PvD’d remain.

Enjoying the fights and the match up but not enjoying the forums, although they push me to play even more in order to push Piken down on score, I’d never do PvD… if there’s no one around it’s boring. These silly accusations and name calling because the players you had on weren’t coordinated enough is just silly.

Their contribution despite failing is just as important as your main players. They manned the cannons, the mortars and kept us pushing on your garrison for over an hour. Perhaps you should be thanking them because we nearly gave up at one point because it was taking so long.

Instead of brushing off our attacks as “We were out, it doesn’t count” maybe you should be thanking those that stayed behind to keep us at bay for so long.

I feel bloody silly that I now have to record my sieges just in case I get accused of exploiting again. If a siege takes 1 hour or 4 hours I’ll do it. I will NEVER and have never knowingly used an exploit or a mesmers portal who may have exploited, like my food I like to know where my portals come from :P

(edited by Tortun.5946)

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

More or less the first post in this thread is accusing Tortun and [yak] of hacking. Both have a good reputation on our server. You gloated about taking over our borderlands a few nights ago and yes tortun is trolling you about it now but so what? You dont see people throwing a hissy fit about it when the shoe was on the other foot.
If we’ve mistaken your attitude then rise above it and prove us wrong.
Both servers have acted rediculous in both matchup threads and any claims otherwise are deluded.
Most of our players are focusing you because most of us want to get out of this tier (and troll you in the process) from reports the higher tier is going to be worse so the only way is down.
We want to get out of this tier because the attitude of your server sucks and ours in the past week has been equally lousy, we want out of this tier because fights in lower tiers (when its not a whitewash) are more enjoyable.
We’re trolling you because your nerd rage over trivial crap like capping stuff off peak is the most entertaining aspect of this match up tbh.
I expect AR to increase their lead at the top and they’ve earned it but winning this match up isn’t really the aim for half our players at this point.

[TUP] you’ve been good humoured and the most impressive guild group ive gone up against. Apologies for continuing the crappy humour in this thread and /salute

[Dius]

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Im with Luranni, both sides have to stop acting like… <insert word here> Ar… keep doing whatever your doing because your the best behaved out of all 3.

Wamgor; congratulations! Would you like a medal? you were voted most popular by what probably isn’t even 0.5% of the WvW population. which is representative of.. oh yea, nothing. Comments like that is why we think your arrogant.

And yes the alliance thing was last match up no need to continue it here. It doesn’t matter if one server is hitting us or both at a time… it makes for a target rich environment.

looooooooool

Yes because that comment was to show you that… not everyone thinks Piken is the Devil

We never said everyone thought that. We have just been saying that’s how Piken have come across to us. Just because you weren’t arrogant in other match-ups doesn’t mean you aren’t here, in this one. (Your arrogance being going on about how respected you are by other servers and Gandara must be wrong, the constant belittling of Gandaras achievements. those things.)

It was in response to all the besmirching of Piken… to show Gandara got the wrong impression about Piken.

Don’t blame Gandara for besmirching your reputation, blame those commanders who made that alliance with AR. Blame your fellow server members who are hypocritical. (See bottom of this post.)

Already pointed out that AR will be loving all this, I bet they laugh their heads off that Gandara are going to continue playing games and continue baiting Piken… while in 2nd place and pushing for first… making PS vs GD more likely, than PS vs AR… like last week when first was targeted.

So be it; I’d rather that they won than either of our servers. They deserve it most.

Continue to mistake my realism for arogance if you will Im not the one posting screenshots of beating randoms, or accusing legit players of hacking.

Realism eh? You don’t accuse respectable guilds of hacking eh? So while it has been removed by a moderator… the FIRST thing that came out of this thread which wasn’t the opening statement was a Piken player accusing YaK and Smug from Gandara ( respectable guilds and players) of hacking into a keep. Yep… No hypocrisy here. Please, you might want to try reading the thread? (it was there long enough for you to read it)

Before you go around calling Gandara all trolls and baiters you should probably realise that Piken has it’s fair share and Gandara isn’t all trolls and Baiters. Your realism is about as realistic as a unicorn galloping through a field of rainbows shooting flying multicoloured squirrels with an AK.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

(edited by KinkyWarrior.1879)

in WvW

Posted by: Vincavec.8350

Vincavec.8350

Guys, guys… settle down… I mean its not kindergarten anymore…

People will hack it doesn’t matter which server you’re on if something looks fishy you will report even in the match-up thread – lie the accusations and trolling to rest and simply enjoy the fights (in the borderland).

It’s not ideal with 8-11 guys to run into TUP and/or BOON >.<

Can’t wait until TDA and guilds on Gandara and Piken are done recuperating in RL will be some amazing fights <3

in WvW

Posted by: Vibelios.9716

Vibelios.9716

Hello everyone,

I’m not used to write on forum cause I’m too busy playing the game. And this thread is the first one to actualy make me stop playing the game to write something about it.

I can’t say I’m an active player in WvW but I come quite often with my friends and try to help my server the best I can. So i don’t think any of you saw me or remeber me in anywas so let’s say that’s an anonymous player froim gandara that posts something on this thread.

Few weeks ago when the orbs got removed from WvW, Gandara started wining thier match up and started climbing their way through tiers. Of couse we didn’t won everyweek but hey that’s a game and you can’t win all the time. Seeing more or less the same posts on forum thanking about good fight and also talking about strange things happening (yeah I’m talking about hackers). Post were clean and all that stuff.

Then came the time we climbed to T4. Yet People were relly happy to have this new challange in front of us, new servers and all of that. At reset it started like every other match up we were not first during the week end (don’t really know why we never do well duriung week ends) and then we started getting back points. And then something happend we got the lead back the night of Christmas and it started to become dirty everywere. People saying we didn’t earn those points, we stole them, people that were whinging about the ‘alliance’, more people reporting HAXXXX OMG, people QQ about guild not reporting for duty because RL life stuff, etc…

At first It was funny to read that, but now it isn’t anymore. I don’t remerber anyone from Gandara on this forum saying that PS and AR were trash, that we gonna crush them and go on to T3. But I did saw posts saying we never proved anything and we will have to show why we were deserving to be in T4. So yes I understand people on our server being on the Defencive and starting don’t like PS.

On another note, I payed on NYE, I was on PS map, I helped cap a lot of thing, noone had the outmaned buff. There was good fights, fun and tactics far from the zergy play That I don’t like. Thank you for ALL people form ALL the server that were online this night. Without you there is no game cause playing alone is no fun.

I will end this by a sentence I like to tell when I see whiners : Less QQ more PewPew.

Kind Regards.

Angel Cornelio.

Gandaran from D1 and proud to be one

in WvW

Posted by: Nocton.3790

Nocton.3790

Thank you, Augury Rock and Piken Square for the great battles and fun. I have really enjoyed the match up between, Augury Rock, Gandara and Piken Square.

Good luck to all in future match ups and happy new year

(edited by Nocton.3790)

in WvW

Posted by: Gery.2718

Gery.2718

Hello everyone. I haven’t really been around in the past 1-1,5 week because of holidays so I don’t know what exatcly happened, and on top of that I rarely visit forums. I don’t know why, but I read this thread and I have to say I shouldn’t have to – both side is acting ridiculous.

1, Well first of all I don’t understand why people from my server accusing the other two that they’ve formed an alliance, and I’m sorry for their behaviour. It’s impossible for two different servers to cooporate, mainly because the majority of the players don’t visit any social site/forums. Even if they’re told to do so, many people would disagree and refuse the alliance. Sure, there are cases when a few number of friends (or maybe even spies) work together, but it barely changes anything on the scores. And it happens sometimes that both servers are attacking the third one, so it doesn’t mean they’re working together.

2, People from Piken should stop jumping to conclusions by things on forums. I don’t know about this “poll” or whatever, but -as I said earlier- most people don’t read these sites so even if you’ve been voted as the most friendly server, it doesn’t mean anything. I know it’s frustrating to read hating posts, but I played WvW for 5-6 hours today and didn’t see anyone hating on PS (except one person was claiming that you’ve formed an alliance, but pretty much everyone ignored him). So Gandarans don’t hate you, there might be some hate on forums, it’s just a few people, most of us just wanna have some fun

Personally I enjoyed being in WvW today, AR have some amazing numbers and they are also organized, it’s a real challenge to separate their forces, and while PS have smaller numbers they are very organized and I’m a bit jealous because of that. Imo Gandara still need more commanders (we got almost completely pushed out from EB when there were none) and we should be more organized if we want to reach & compete in tier 3.

Just my 2 cents :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Cruswald.9061

Cruswald.9061

Was there any Gandara or Augury interest in GvG?

I have not seen any reactions on our invitation for such an event.

As Sandro already replied, I just want to say that we are not much AR players to come to this forum. Most are on the french part of it or on a community forum. Anyway, I will broadcast your invitation there so that the people that might be interested are aware of it. We have some guilds (gnous, LdF, black fury, SOW…) which are always looking for a good fight…

i will just add that I very much appreciate to fight both of your servers. We consider you as honourable and worthy opponents. Looking at the ratings, it seems we are in for at least one more week together, which I find nice because the battle is pretty even.

I wish you all a happy new year !

Augury Rock coordinator, or something like that…

in WvW

Posted by: Shandolum.9420

Shandolum.9420

I really wish this thread could be locked and forgotten as it is, it’s getting far to bad tempered in here, though there are some sane individuals only wishing each other good luck.
It’s human nature to defend what you do, and in extension defending your server, but this has continued for too long in my opinion.

Happy New Years from a player from Gandara.

Asuran Thief, Karuto [WvW], Gandara
‘know me by my black coat and hat with white feather’

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Remove the people that cant stop qq over the 14 man alliance last match up. Stop accusing Gandara of PvDoors, and then add up the people that “hate” PS. Not much right? The alliance stuff have been rubbish from day 1 the accusations started. Simple as that. So is the accusations of Gandara PvDoor since, at the end of the week I am pretty sure all servers end with the same amount of empty towers flipped.

Gandarans took the PvDoor baiting
Pikens took the alliance baiting
Augury sat back, got some popcorn and grabbed some towers and stuff

So get back to fighting.

*PS your zerg instant wiped me today! I was like… no….. no…..just….. no! They are becoming… capable!

<3

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Anyway, try and ignore the banter being thrown around from Gandara, PS is lucky to have an extremely capable and close knit community that work together, don’t let Gandara’s trash talking drag us down.

Really wondering if some of you making comments like this are reading the same thread. It’s players from BOTH servers “trash talking” as you put it and comments like this only exacerbate the problem.

As I said already, please let it go.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

My post is playing up.

Anyway I was thinking peaceful day in Gandy Borders.. hit some camps.. ya know. BAM! Walking out the watergate and I get 6 golems all up in my grill! I pooped my pantyhose!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Sorry if my realism offends sensative people, I call it like I see it, you should know My views are mine alone and not represent TUP or my server Everything I see Gandara saying, is how it is from Piken’s Side…

Piken Is Friendly and respected by many servers… it seems from the get go Gandara have a issue with Piken… and have been trying to tarnish our reputation, accusations of hacking of well respected players and guilds didnt help. You’ve been trolling our servers image and reputation to no end… yet piken is the arrogant ones? Just because i stated some truth about Piken’s Current situation, it seems Gandara get all defensive about that lol.

No one set out to tarnish your reputation, we were just calling it as we saw it. When there were miscalls, the accusations (or rather, inquiries, as no one completely assumed you were cheating) were retracted (and if there was any doubt, we gave you the benefit of it), but you have to understand in each of these instances the suspicion was well-justified.

Initially was pretty surprised and shocked by Gandara’s attitude towards Piken, after weeks of mutial respect between Piken, Riverside and Kodash.

You know, we could say the very same about our experience on the way up. Yeah, we encountered some sketchy situations (e.g. [PRO] exploiting guild, [Army] portal bombing) which we weren’t used to dealing with, but we generally enjoyed our encounters with other servers, even our bitter rivals Fort Ranik. If you want to see overwhelming positivity go look at the matchup thread we had with them and Far Shiverpeaks.

Gandara’s momentum, and server pride as been turning into vile negativity aimed in Piken’s direction… blah blah blah Alliance <<<< over and over, when it was openly done and a backlash for xmas by a minority of both AR & PS. Alot of commanders didnt know about it until it was over so go figure. Likely will never happen again, case closed… yet days and days blah blah alliance, really?

The alliance happened, it was pathetic, and while not universal it was large enough to affect the score. Those who think there can’t be communication/coordination between servers are unfortunately naive. That’s my assessment of it, although I’m not going to complain about it because that match-up is over. Both that and the Christmas-capping complaints created a bad vibe in the last thread which seems to have carried over and I think anyone who brings it up specifically is trying to set the record straight as people are still defending it or pretending that it didn’t happen.

I dont know Gandara’s situation inside and out, like it seems gandara are very dismissive of piken’s current situation… I see alot of baiting from gandara and I can return the favour Im generally being pretty nice… just my realism, is classed as arrogant and dismissive?

Looking at Loco’s comments, while I’m not going to say that Gandarans have behaved perfectly, it seems that a lot of the Piken players posting here have collective blinders on with regard to their server’s part in fuelling this animosity. That is arrogance, believing that only one side can be wrong.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

Don’t you see this guy just wants to provoke you with his attitude?
He is a single guy on the forum, he represents nothing, he is a nobody compared to the whole server.
You guys are all just being trolled.

in WvW

Tortun.5946

Taking a break tonight, back on the Law & Order marathon Can’t keep doing these all nighters, they’re having their toll… booooooo.

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

And so the trolling continues. I had made some constructive posts in this thread, compared to last week, trying to deflect it from this kind of outcome, but alas, some people are too dull minded to avert themselves from this kind of petty behaviour. Thats at both sides here, not just Gandara.

All I’ll say, is the only 2 servers to ever really have an issue with Piken Squares forum attitude, was Elona Reach, who have an issue with everyone(the german boards are quite legendary in their trolling from Elona), and now Gandara. The other 18 or so servers we’ve faced had no issues apart from maybe a few reports of bug-using, and hacks, which every thread has. So, its a problem with Piken Square? Does the logic behind that really seem sound, after the facts I just stated? Hmm. And like Wam said, we didn’t have people repeating Gandara’s opinion of us in the WvW thread about favourite opponents. It was about a friendly attitude, skilled guilds, and good community.

Whether Gandara like it or not, and want to continue shouting to the heavans that we’re lowlife dogs, as I think one troll put it, it is not an opinion shared by really anyone else, except a zergy german super server. I’m quite proud of the fact that Piken Square has an excellent community, that continually wants to work together to improve itself. Its how we managed to get from T8/9 to T3 with hardly any recruitment whatsoever. Christmas/New Year hit us a lot harder than we imagined it would, and really only a fool from any of the servers would try and justify saying that everyone was hit equally over the holidays. We’re hoping to recover, regroup and continue where we left off before the Elona week.

If any WvW guilds from either server see GG raiding with a full zerker thief commander, give me a wave o/

Regards

GG

I was not trolling, I stated the opinion from some Gandaran’s point of view, go and read my post, I was being completely honest, and not in any way aggressive, only stating what I believed to be true or the impressions being given to us as a Server, or what I feel them to be.

Alike to what I feel here, that all of you are dismissing us out of hand as ‘trolls and baiters’, as if we are sitting behind our keyboards laughing at you, and putting things down with the direct intention of provoking you; we are NOT out to get you.

You need to stop being so paranoid…

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Tonight I ended up face down in da mud more often then usual. TUP, you guys are nasty but maybe a tad predictable. Anyways, waiting for some of our guildmates to return to the game from irl so we can field our troops and have a clash against you on more equal terms. So fed up with the bickering that’s been rolling in this thread.

Just let it be something in the past, not to be remembered and focus on the future instead.

Peace out!

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Tonight I ended up face down in da mud more often then usual. TUP, you guys are nasty but maybe a tad predictable. Anyways, waiting for some of our guildmates to return to the game from irl so we can field our troops and have a clash against you on more equal terms. So fed up with the bickering that’s been rolling in this thread.

Just let it be something in the past, not to be remembered and focus on the future instead.

Peace out!

Wot he said.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

I’m shocked and appalled by the behaviour I’ve seen in these threads over the past couple of weeks. Theres been minor misunderstandings and issues long since passed that have been dug up from the grave over and over or been taking well out of proportion because one side wants to seem like they take the moral high ground. On another day, Gandara and Piken Square could have been like brother servers with fantastic battles and good feeling on the forums.

I won’t be foolish enough to call any person or server out on being completely innocent, everyone plays their part. I would like, however to apologise to piken square for the baiting and accusations that have been flung your way over these passed days. You’ve played well, fairly and admirably, and have outplayed us on most turns. You’ve earned your reputation and deserve to keep it. Before anyone brings up any alliance talk again, that was discussed, dealt with, answers and apologies given, and dead and buried literally last year.

I am disappointed to see many names of people I play closely with continuing the bad feeling in this thread. I hope we can look past all of this ridiculous scenario and be more friendly with each other.

Pride is both a wonderful and terrible thing. If you attack people’s pride in their play and their loyalty to whatever it is they’re loyal to, be it family, friends, down to things like employers or even server worlds on a game, the attacked will defend it. You can’t throw derogation towards people, don’t expect them to just sit there and go ‘Ok, yeah, cool!’ because that is not how the world works. It’s just adding fuel to the fire, and to be honest, that fire shouldn’t even be there in the first place. Now we’re just burning bridges for no reason.

Moving on from that, tonight was an interesting night in Gandara borderlands. We found ourselves at a loss when attempting to take back DB for a large portion of the night, even though piken square were outmanned for the majority of the evening. Between TUP, EXE and another guild with 2 letters… UL? Not sure on that last one, attempt after attempt to take the bay was met with with a forever increasing repair bill. We did manage to take the bay at around 11, but somehow we lost it again within minutes! The great Gandaran Zerg was met with some fantastic team work and navigation from the Piken Front, and we were not prepared for that level of play!

I take my hat off to commander eze and his guild on our server for a stellar job tonight, and those from my guild who supported Gandaran borderlands. We pushed hard and against a formidable enemy, and held well. It wasn’t an easy evening, and everyone worked hard together!

Let’s enjoy the rest of the week, and fight well. If I saw a stop to the trolling and the baiting, and Ill feeling in this thread from this post on, it would make the start to 2013 much nicer for me, and everyone else involved. Peace and love guys? Make war, not arguments.

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Don’t you see this guy just wants to provoke you with his attitude?
He is a single guy on the forum, he represents nothing, he is a nobody compared to the whole server.
You guys are all just being trolled.

Exactly, i feel offended as a Gandara player. Stop talking about servers as a whole! It only shows that you are a very ignorant and judgemental person. I personally have no problems with both servers. I’m enjoying the match up and i have not accused any enemy yet because of hacking/expoiting or alliances etc.

This thread is one big drama thread and while it’s very funny to read (i doubt anyone takes this serious), the trolling sometimes gets out of hand and certain people get irritated enough to blame entire servers for the behaviour of a few basement warriors. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Oh snap! I’m biting aswell now right? O.O

Cya on the battlefield.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

(edited by IDarko.4709)

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I’m shocked and appalled by the behaviour I’ve seen in these threads over the past couple of weeks. Theres been minor misunderstandings and issues long since passed that have been dug up from the grave over and over or been taking well out of proportion because one side wants to seem like they take the moral high ground. On another day, Gandara and Piken Square could have been like brother servers with fantastic battles and good feeling on the forums.

I won’t be foolish enough to call any person or server out on being completely innocent, everyone plays their part. I would like, however to apologise to piken square for the baiting and accusations that have been flung your way over these passed days. You’ve played well, fairly and admirably, and have outplayed us on most turns. You’ve earned your reputation and deserve to keep it. Before anyone brings up any alliance talk again, that was discussed, dealt with, answers and apologies given, and dead and buried literally last year.

I am disappointed to see many names of people I play closely with continuing the bad feeling in this thread. I hope we can look past all of this ridiculous scenario and be more friendly with each other.

Pride is both a wonderful and terrible thing. If you attack people’s pride in their play and their loyalty to whatever it is they’re loyal to, be it family, friends, down to things like employers or even server worlds on a game, the attacked will defend it. You can’t throw derogation towards people, don’t expect them to just sit there and go ‘Ok, yeah, cool!’ because that is not how the world works. It’s just adding fuel to the fire, and to be honest, that fire shouldn’t even be there in the first place. Now we’re just burning bridges for no reason.

Moving on from that, tonight was an interesting night in Gandara borderlands. We found ourselves at a loss when attempting to take back DB for a large portion of the night, even though piken square were outmanned for the majority of the evening. Between TUP, EXE and another guild with 2 letters… UL? Not sure on that last one, attempt after attempt to take the bay was met with with a forever increasing repair bill. We did manage to take the bay at around 11, but somehow we lost it again within minutes! The great Gandaran Zerg was met with some fantastic team work and navigation from the Piken Front, and we were not prepared for that level of play!

I take my hat off to commander eze and his guild on our server for a stellar job tonight, and those from my guild who supported Gandaran borderlands. We pushed hard and against a formidable enemy, and held well. It wasn’t an easy evening, and everyone worked hard together!

Let’s enjoy the rest of the week, and fight well. If I saw a stop to the trolling and the baiting, and Ill feeling in this thread from this post on, it would make the start to 2013 much nicer for me, and everyone else involved. Peace and love guys? Make war, not arguments.

And I take my hat off to every random person that followed me and helped tonight (long list, better keep the hat off for a while) and although I still don’ t agree with some things, I’m willing to try to be nicer and more lenient, it’s just annoying and infuriating when I see people unjustly accused and insulted sometimes, I feel I should support them…

I’m willing to put it all behind me, at least on the forums – might need the anger for a last push style offensive at some point – are you guys okay with that?

The way I see it is we can stop being chiding, insulting, sarcastic and irritating to one another, try to discuss things and be polite and adult, forget everything prior to this that has been posted, and continue, having turned over a new leaf, so to speak; either in a new threadto wipe the slate clean, or from a certain post onwards.

What say you Piken? Show us why you guys were voted friendly server stuff, forgive, forget and be polite; and I will endeavour to my utmost to secure a mutual respect from my fellow. Gandarans. What say you?

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

I will try to be nice but I have always been taught to never trust a pikey o7

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Tortun.5946

Oh dear, Piken have the majority of the map at 6am. It appears Gandara and Augory were PvD’d over night. That must be the simple solution! We’ve been shamelessly night capped.

Although I had a wonderful nights sleep for once.

in WvW

Posted by: Sjet.7092

Sjet.7092

Gandaran borders last night was fun. We got a bit carried away around 11pm, and you took Bay from right under us.

Props to whoever decided to attack NW outer door at some point during the evening instead of trying to come through the hole in the wall, as that would have turned out very messy for you. A good job we spotted the attack relatively early =)

Macharial | The Unlikely Plan [TUP] | Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

What a nights action. Hours and hours and hours of fun. Keeping gandara occupied was fuuuuuuun.

Racked up alot of action. A few of us nutters are still on right now. Painting the town black and all that jazz. Decided I dislike breakouts

I achieved what I wanted though and took over into 2nd place. Hard fought night.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Twinklefairy.6739

Twinklefairy.6739

Anyone care to explain what this fella was doing?

From a guild on Gandara, at first we thought he was a spy as he was sitting in bay, we thought he was just giving information about numbers/siege placement until he started sitting outside the wall you guys (Gandara) were trebbing and absorbing the treb shots with focus #4.
We were genuinely confused.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Oh dear, Piken have the majority of the map at 6am. It appears Gandara and Augory were PvD’d over night. That must be the simple solution! We’ve been shamelessly night capped.

Although I had a wonderful nights sleep for once.

Didn’t you know nightcapping is only frowned on when Gandara does it in this matchup. Gj on the night sleep though

All is vain.

in WvW

Twinklefairy.6739

Maybe your guys were still sore after a bit of a rodgering at bay earlier in the night and needed to recuperate, who knows, it seems they’ve recovered now though and have started to take everything back. (Later that night nightcappers? ;P)

in WvW

Twinklefairy.6739

Peace out!

We’ll adapt and change when it’s required, but, it hasn’t been.

in WvW

Tortun.5946

From a guild on Gandara, at first we thought he was a spy as he was sitting in bay, we thought he was just giving information about numbers/siege placement until he started sitting outside the wall you guys (Gandara) were trebbing and absorbing the treb shots with focus #4.

Anything Impy does confuses most people. :P

Don’t worry though, we’re not organised enough to actually use any information if it is passed along :P

Plus I think the guild in question will deal with it pretty quickly as I don’t think they’ll like their established tag being used in such a way and they wouldn’t have sent him over to you in the first place cause that’s not how they play.

(edited by Tortun.5946)

in WvW

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

Good day people,

Right off the bat I admit that even I was thinking a few days ago that “Hmm, were these guys working together?”. In retrospect, I don’t really care. We have met a lot of honorable, tough as nails opponents from both AR and PS and my hat goes off to all of you. You have made WvW fun for me, and the tight (scorewise) matchup has proved to be both exciting and fast-paced. I almost hope we get to fight both of you a while longer.

The way I see it is this: Disregarding hackers – who can go and drown in kittens – it has been a great learning experience. Mindless zerging does not get anyone far. Strategies and tactics are refining, little by little. In fact, zerging causes problems with culling and at that point all bets are off. I really love how these struggles teach us how to rally faster, in the right numbers, and organize better. Against you lovable people from AR, raw firepower is needed more often than not because the real siegers are hiding behind a rabble of militia. My favourite opponents are you fine folks from PS. You guys really punish us for getting complacent even for one minute, despite having the least people in the field. I can respect that.

Selfishly enough, I hope that these ordeals teach us Gandarans the needed backbone to organize better, rally faster, communicate and form proper fighting units instead of militias. That’s what I wanted to see in WvW in the first place.

Thank you from the memorable fights (especially the epic recent 3-way in SM) in 2012 and may the best warriors win 2013!

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

(edited by Oakwind.6187)

in WvW

Lurch.9517

I cannot explain what he is doing or why he is even there. I do know him and obviously his guild tag, so if he was a real spy then he is a pretty kitten poor one if he does not even think to stop representing his guild^^. SN is a highly regarded Gandara guild and would not support what Impy is doing there so I guess either he will be guild kicked or SN will no longer be taken seriously in Gandara.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Lurch.9517

Gandaran borders last night was fun. We got a bit carried away around 11pm, and you took Bay from right under us.

Props to whoever decided to attack NW outer door at some point during the evening instead of trying to come through the hole in the wall, as that would have turned out very messy for you. A good job we spotted the attack relatively early =)

That was actually meant to be a feint whilst we sneaked some utility players through the gap (you may have noticed we did not place any siege?) but it took you so long to realise it we nearly had the gate down with just DPS^^ Yay but you snagged our little mes troop anyway Booo

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Just want to say a huge ty to everyone in EB last night. Great co ordination and assists from all the PS friendlies and great fights from AR. :-)

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

(edited by Screenager.7804)

in WvW

Tortun.5946

On a separate note Torty, if you are going to make childish provocative posts then kindly be online to help deal with the inevitable consequences of it my little Asura buddy! Don’t let their forum warriors bait you and reduce you to their level mate.

Blah! What’s good for the goose and all that :P

(edited by Tortun.5946)

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Ok people calm down let’s try and finish this week off without anymore drama and just have some fun. Im starting to feel like im back in T1 with BT and VIZ at each others throats lol.

What ever has happened has happened any further upset take it onto the battlefield or laugh it off, that goes for everyone this kittening about does not inspire people it makes only a small proportion of people feel good for the majority im sure agree it makes them fed up.

Friendly rivalry is good but serious trolling and cheap shot’s across the bow leading to individuals arguing the back legs of a Dolyak come on were all better than this.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in WvW

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

He went over to Piken Square in order to get spots for his map completion. Gandara hasn’t been on the green side for aout 6-8weeks or so! He hasn’t been relaying any information and is working with you guys in wvw this week. And yes, he does make himself useful often by absorbing siege fire on walls and other siege on the battlefield. Make use of him while he’s there, he won’t be spying or telling us anything, and if at any moment he does, he won’t be in the guild any longer! SN has a good name and plans to keep it that way. We do understand his frustration at not being able to get certain points on the map

And ill add that while we were trying to taking DB yesterday, he was there defending it with you all, and I’m pretty sure he was making a point of killing me as often as possible XD

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

(edited by Raeyne.5086)

in WvW

Posted by: Jarul.8635

Jarul.8635

Finaly back from hollyday … and according to the score … it’s time to spank some frenchie’s!

Can’t have them running of with this week’s win, can we … :P

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Last night the only time we did PvDoor was when Gandara and AR were in the wrong place at the right time. Constant outmanned buffs from around 1am-5am so there was some opposition even if it was hiding in the spawn areas(yes most the stuff we took was defended). Still had some great fights and I have to apologise to AR for killing all their Dolyaks for almost 2 hours, even when they guarded them, but we wanted SM so it was a necessary evil(poor Yaks).
Great work by the Piken night crew again, all 20 of us!!

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’ve got to thank TUP for something- the use of skale venom from a level 51 active quest thing is inspired, and it stacks with foods too.
Until last night I didn’t even know you could get it as I thought it was only a thief skill, definitely one for the learning curve!

I like watching TUP, they remind me of playing on tier 1 (which I now mostly do) as they are organised and all attack at once, it reminds me of SFR play and tactics. Great synergy in the group and piles of buffs and everything hits at once.

Gandara needs to get it’s act together if it wants to continue rising in the tiers (or even staying where it is), starting with the simple things like shortening those 300 yard long zergs that impact like a wet rag, and finding commanders who actually realise that they are the ones responsible for it and do something about it.

I see too many solo builds on people in groups, thiefs that stand at the back and use bows, backing off all the while (your spinning elite in a well co ordinated attack will wipe a zerg or at the least break it up a bit), mesmers without bubbles and unable to throw a confusion bomb or know when to use their speed line skill to pull people around, guardians that don’t know when to use bubbles, blocks, etc or have a tome equipped as elite if we’re lacking healing, eles that haven’t heard of water skills, necros that haven’t heard of wells that turn boons into conditions (try it against TUP, they all have 5-6 boons running, makes a nice mess…), rangers that just fail and a general tendency to back off in fights leaving people exposed and allowing the opposition the advantage.

Top that off with commanders who don’t realise that having NO ONE attacking AR and Piken borderlands means they can hold their own BL with two people and concentrate all their forces on Gandara, resulting in the slow inevitable loss of almost everything in our own BL, and no server wide TS system to co ordinate things, and it’s a testament to the skill of most of the players (regulars, you know who you are) that Gandara is doing as well as it is.

Just imagine how much better we could be if we fixed all of the above.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Unrelent.5734

Unrelent.5734

This was the work of the lovely Malicious Mischief[MM] Guild, with no more then 7 people. It also came as a surprise for us(the rest of the people on GBL) they didn’t tell, otherwise you guys probably would have repelled us. Too bad you guys took it back mercilessly a few moments after. gg

Unrelent Lawbringer
Battlemaster of the UnderWorld Battalion[WvW]
Gandara

(edited by Unrelent.5734)

in WvW

Tortun.5946

Last night the only time we did PvDoor was when Gandara and AR were in the wrong place at the right time. Constant outmanned buffs from around 1am-5am so there was some opposition even if it was hiding in the spawn areas(yes most the stuff we took was defended). Still had some great fights and I have to apologise to AR for killing all their Dolyaks for almost 2 hours, even when they guarded them, but we wanted SM so it was a necessary evil(poor Yaks).
Great work by the Piken night crew again, all 20 of us!!

Apologies, but I wasn’t on so obviously there was no one else on Gandara during the night time capping. Must be PvD for sure :P

ALthough it is fun to do night service cause you get rid of the jumping puzzle chaff and get down to real business and some great little skirmishes with the opposition.

There can be some great sieges on keeps/towers etc people really do miss out playing Prime Time only

(edited by Tortun.5946)

in WvW

Posted by: Jarul.8635

Jarul.8635

There can be some great sieges on keeps/towers etc people really do miss out playing Prime Time only

Some of us have work