Please fix Cloak and Dagger skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Turbofan.4569

Turbofan.4569

I seriously can’t believe that after months of complaining by 90% of the player base that the skill Cloak and Dagger hasn’t been adjusted. I play a thief (amoung other classes) and I love it. BUT this is something that needs to be fixed.

Most Thieves who abuse it will freely admit it needs adjustment.

I mean seriously… lone thieves taking out parties of 3-4-5? Being in stealth 80% of the time is OP no matter how you look at it.

Suggestions:

- Reduce stealth to 2 seconds instead of 3.
- Increase initiative cost to 8.
- Give the skill a cooldown timer of 8-10 seconds.

Or some combination of the above.

It’s about time people…. FIX THIS.

in Thief

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

It is about time thieves were nerfed hard.

in Thief

Turbofan.4569

It is about time thieves were nerfed hard.

Please keep it constructive. Theives don’t need to be “nerfed hard”. Some abilities just need slight adjustments.

in Thief

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

Stealth itself is a broken system in every mmo but idk why Anet chose to play with it anyway. The ability to attack your target first for massive amount of damage is already OP. Then to couple that with culling issue makes the system even worse because chaining stealth becomes possible which makes you lose target on thieves every second. Then if you’re not an AoE class, well, you’re screwed. It is a problem so I think either fix culling so that it’s non existent or just rework stealth. There is no work-around.

in Thief

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

A lone pistol/dagger thief was embarrassing a group of 6 players on my server (Gandara) – they were swinging around, aoe but he used cnd to it’s full potential killing 5 and the 6th ran off couldn’t touch him.
I could have helped them but I know from experience i’d just add to his corpse list and boost his kitten :-P

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

it already has a 3 second “cooldown” on stealth and we have to get pretty close to land CnD again.
Stealth does not mean we cant take damage or channeling skills will stop hitting us or we cant be CC’ed while in stealth.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Nedrae.8967

Nedrae.8967

yeah, “slight adjustments”… and can we nurf mesmer, i can’t find them with all their illusions, and guard plz, i can’t one shot them, and warrior, their hammer have way to much control…

Nedrae/Bloodyned
Jade Sea – [BSF]Bourrins Sans Frontières
So pro – So sex

in Thief

Posted by: gtllama.1698

gtllama.1698

Here is another suggestion, because it’s not just C&D, but the many other ways to get into stealth:

- Put diminishing returns on stealth by making the revealed buff last longer each time.

If they implemented this, the forum rage would be category 5 hurricane strength, but somehow that makes me think it is the right thing to do.

in Thief

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

it already has a 3 second “cooldown” on stealth and we have to get pretty close to land CnD again.
Stealth does not mean we cant take damage or channeling skills will stop hitting us or we cant be CC’ed while in stealth.

3 second cooldown… 5 seconds of culling = perma invis.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Thieves killing bads since launch. Many have improved and it’s very noticeable but the vast majority of you guys still just don’t get it.

in Thief

Brando.1374

3 second cooldown… 5 seconds of culling = perma invis.

Culling is not the Thief’s fault

in Thief

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Nothing wrong with CnD. Like Brando said, AOE still hits, snares still hit, DoT still does dmg, conditions still endure. If we attack out of CnD then we have the 3 second revealed debuff and cant cloak again at all for three seconds, which is plenty of time to tie up a glass cannon thief with a single knockdown/cripple/root.

It also takes half of our initiative and that really limits burst. Especially if you need to have the init for another cloak.

The only problem with any stealth skill is the culling. And you can apply that to a host of skills of any class. I have been ganked plenty by 100b warriors, or completely locked down by guardians that I couldn’t see until I was long dead.

Leave thieves alone and just fix culling.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Thief

Turbofan.4569

I am posting about one specific skill. Cloak and Dagger. please keep this on topic.

in Thief

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Thieves killing bads since launch. Many have improved and it’s very noticeable but the vast majority of you guys still just don’t get it.

Don’t get what? The most overpowered and unfun stealth mechanism in mmo history to play against. Wee, let’s whail empty air and hope we hit something.
You’re right, i don’t get it why they came up with such a thing.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

The thing is, who ever in anet thought it was good idea to give perma stealth without a good counter measure…other than figuring out where he is and doing hits and aoe like crazy hoping to hit him is just a bad player/developer

Other than that, since i dont know how this works/happens in spvp because i just laugh of spvp…in wvwvw which is more likely to be big fights, thieves trying to do that are useless and are just bags.

Another thing it wasnt Anet fault…probably since the guy behind this is a bad player/developer, he would never expect to this to happen, i mean..it wasnt test by himself or something like that…and if he did…then check number one, so at the end is player’s brains which lead to invisible thieves.

They shouldnt revamp the thief or nerf…but they should nerf the stealth (from any source) to every single time you break stealth it should give you a debuff which wont let you become invisble again for the same time you were invisible, or for a fixed time such lets say 5 secs or ten.

I think there is one already but since i dont play thieves…even when i have an alt lvl 80 full exotic…dunno how it works but is useless and dont fix anything.

I took an arrow to the knee

in Thief

Turbofan.4569

Nothing wrong with CnD. Like Brando said, AOE still hits, snares still hit, DoT still does dmg, conditions still endure. If we attack out of CnD then we have the 3 second revealed debuff and cant cloak again at all for three seconds, which is plenty of time to tie up a glass cannon thief with a single knockdown/cripple/root.

It also takes half of our initiative and that really limits burst. Especially if you need to have the init for another cloak.

The only problem with any stealth skill is the culling. And you can apply that to a host of skills of any class. I have been ganked plenty by 100b warriors, or completely locked down by guardians that I couldn’t see until I was long dead.

Leave thieves alone and just fix culling.

How can you say all is well when there are thieves killing whole groups of people while being stealthed 80% of the time?

You can’t be serious. Are we all lieing? Or are you playing a different game than the rest of us?

in Thief

Brando.1374

I am posting about one specific skill. Cloak and Dagger. please keep this on topic.

ok. Stab your foe and vanish in stealth, leaving them vulnerable.

Damage Damage: 504
Stealth.png Stealth: 3 s
Vulnerability.png3 Vulnerability: 5 s
Range.png Range: 130

Lets start of this skill cost 6 ini (4 if traited )
you need to be in Melee range for this to land or you will basically loose half your ini.

A good player will CC/stun/cripple/chill a thief and not allow them to Land another CnD and make that thief use a utility, most of the time SR which they can be knocked out of and they basically waste that skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Don’t get what? The most overpowered and unfun stealth mechanism in mmo history to play against. Wee, let’s whail empty air and hope we hit something.
You’re right, i don’t get it why they came up with such a thing.

You don’t get that Thieves are well balanced at higher skill levels. If you feel the way you do, that just means you are at the lower end skill wise.

Take a look at this post on sPvP prof Teirs:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/sPvP-Class-Tier-List/page/2#post1480499

Theives are solidly lower middle. People who know how to PvP with all profs know that Thieves are weak and one trick ponies at best. In WvW all the crappy specs seem way better because there are sooooo many bad players to take advantage of.

in Thief

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well they really should do two things.

#1. Increase the revealed debuff to at least 5 seconds, preferably more like 7.
#2. Cause revealed every time you lose stealth, not just due to attacking.

Not just for thieves, but for all classes with stealth.

And yes obviously from my sig I play both a Thief and Mesmer and abuse the heck out of stealth on both (I run veil,decoy and MI on mesmer and sometimes even use torch), yet this is still how I feel about it.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please join this thread and provide us with any feedback you would like about the thief. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback/page/49#post1356755.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed.