Please remove arrow carts from wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Prepares for lot of flame fest.

Arrow carts are overpowered. The winning team always has most. And it makes capturing for the underdog next to impossible. Secondly they can be hidden so far in the tower/keep base even aoe’s cannot harm them. Stacking 15+ aoe’s in the same second, right in front of each other, is overpowered, no matter what. It slows the gameplay down tremendous, and make basically the biggest team always win. Yes you can spike tru with paying your way tru with many repairs, or call on the whole server (you are the smallest so even 50 people is hard to find together).

Remove arrow carts for game smoothness and more excitness in wvw. So that player skills (player aoe) is more pronounced. Also this cost resources/money. This is again in favor of biggest server as they have most loot, (because easy overpoweredin enemy). This should change.

you removed orbs arenanet. If your mindset is the same, and you use your logical senses (perhaps play on an underdog server for a while), then you will remove these also. Faster capturing would make wvw much, much, much more fun. (and fair since even a zerging server can be surprised then). Make it back as in gw1. Where 9-1 loosing team still has small chance to win (happened few times to me). Gw2 lead server = winning server. (most cases.) Especially with 10-20k diff in points.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerat.6732

Jerat.6732

You know that ballistas, catapults and trebuchets have a higher range than arrow carts?

Guild: NĂ¡strandir [Nas]
Server: Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Fall back. Build catapult. Destroy gate. Mesmer portal inside. All dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Okay wassup with all the please remove this siege, fix that siege talk. First its the cata gate issue, now arrow carts lol? Build catas in the field, put balistas and Arrow carts next to them, its really a simple counter, put enough ppl between your enemy and your siege and stay out of the enemy arrow cart range. About the winning server having more blueprints, most do jumping puzzles for free prints, if you have trouble doing those, kill more players in supply camp fights for badges and buy more siege. You cant really punish the winners for using some siege when the losing team could if they choose to outsiege them too.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All the others never killed me. A dodge or heal, poof back up. But arrow carts can virtually make 100×100 meter big area hypertrapped, damaging 1200 a second, adding tremendous amount of conditions, snares. If enemie has more ppl then you, they have more carts. On top of it they have the castle. The only way to take castle is tru gate, but to get tru gate you must go tru the wave of arrow carts killing you in a split second. Even hardcore healing/condition removal rarely get past them.

Both other servers allied against us, we don’t even have resources. Atm this is Age of empires, not ‘mass pvp’. The thing is money isnt divided fair, as the biggest server wins. Guild wars should focus on skills nothing else. If server were equal, i could understand, but now with all the ‘big server’-lobbying (to low populated servers), this is a serious issue. And even then so. Takes so much time to setup and try kill them.

We finally builded an arrow cart ourself, next second it was killed by 15+ arrow carts on the keep. And most of you who answer probably play TS/high populated/high organized wvw server. Of course it’s easy for you guys. Please a low end server then talk. I don’t see the point of it. They removed orbs for good reason. Because the biggest servers take to full advantage of this. This is a similar situations. Ballista’s have slower recharge rate, and are easier to anticipate. They cannot be spammed either. So this weapon is ok for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Curvs.9183

Curvs.9183

qq. make a new build with more toughness/vitality. When i play on my lowbie mesmer, arrow carts maybe do between 500-600 unless they crit. and i still have plenty of power/precision to kill people.

sounds like you’re just complaining, instead of trying to figure out how to defend against them.

Commander, Curvsaplenty – Mesmer
Happy Tree of w0t0 [w0t0] -Crystal Desert-

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Again you guys talk about builds. The few (very very very few) players on my server left at the very moment (most sleeping) are fighting like madness for every resource they can. Even one arrow cart of us, or ballista or wathever = zero effectiveness again the zerg. And if it works it would need like 2 hours focus of us to take it back. Then 10 min later a enemy zerg takes it back without us being able to exploit them.

The issue is the loosing server (if loosing hard, and this is not necessary due to lack of skill – I look at you overpopulation) cannot properly get resources to build this ‘cheat’ stuff. Yes I used the word cheat. Because it basically lets the winning team, exploit their victories, become stronger, while the enemie (weaker team) just stays weak, and cannot fight with same utility/strength. I like being underdog, but this thing takes all the fun out. Don’t care if i’m 5 against 20. Stack 5 arrow cart Aoe radious circle on a whole bridge, and if you are in the middle you are dead. No matter what. Completely Dead. Quick response? tada, no use dead. No point in attacking then right? No wonder all loosing server in wvw loose even more population. The system is just so weak.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Then tell me how a server where every single castle tower, keep is taken (except spawn base), with 20 players (maybe 35 at most), can take a 50 ppl strong keep, with 15+ arrow carts, no resources etc.

If strategy alone can make victory then teach me. I looked everywhere for viable ‘counter’ strategies, and their aren’t any.

Tell me how many ‘winning server’ at the 3rd day, lost at the last day. Almost noone. What’s the point of the last 11 days then right? nothing. I understand you guys like pvp/age of empire mix, and that you are used to your ‘powerzerg’ tools, but this takes fun out. Especially for those who cannot afford. They should be free imo. Or not exist at all. If they are free underdog at least can fight back.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes by all means lets remove all valid tactics so we’re left with just a 100v100 deathmatch.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Servers arent balanced i agree but still a lot of the main wvw servers arent having this issue. We trebuchet the castle walls down and siege behind it, For almost everything in WvWvW there is a countermeasure against it. I almost guarrantee you have ppl on your server hoarding tons of siege prints/badges to buy them in expectation of (why should i waste mine let some1 else do it). If your server is doing so badly that they cant counter the arrow carts attacking the castle isnt the first target you should be going for. Go for durios, go for anz, either one can treb the castle walls down. For the low end server, yea i could go there and still be able to make coin and spend siege. Its all about what targets you’re picking to fight over, take the supply camps around it, take the towers around it, use the terrain to your advantage. Siege is made to be broken sadly it can be built quickly if you have everyone with supply and tell them b4 u lay the print down. Pull together with ppl if your server lacks organization, you must do this if you havent by now. Groups always work best when they are on the same page on a target.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I looked at a couple of your old posts and it sounds like what you’re looking for is sPvP/tPvP, which is the same kind of PvP as was in GW1. Click the crossed sword icon at the top of your screen to play.

WvW is about logistics, as in collecting supply and deploying it. Getting rid of that won’t hurt the zerg, it’ll only make WvW that much less interesting.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kadulu.8476

Kadulu.8476

I don’t really agree with you phoebe ascension. Listening to you we could also propose to remove every siege weapon from the game because this will increase the importance of player skills with their hero. Trebs, catas, ballistas are also very strong against players.

But WvW is more about strategy, without siege weapons, there is almost no strategy, and with no strategy, its just a simple sPvP with big teams.

Maybe there are siege weapons which are too strong in some situations, but that is the objective. Players must place siege weapons to have an advantage on the other team. Your server can do the same.

Find a good location for a cata or a treb, or even a ballista, gather people, to defend it, and destroy those arrowcarts.

in WvW

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

arrow carts can be a pain, then again being able to AOE the walls from below is also a pain.

who in his right mind would design wall that leave you completely exposed to AOEs?

If you are an architect in this world, you build your fortifications so they give you an advantage. Following that logic, GW2 walls should have a roof protection…

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

100v100 deathmatch would be awesome. Much more fun than sit in keep and push 1, 2, 3.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

. If enemie has more ppl then you, they have more carts. On top of it they have the castle. The only way to take castle is tru gate, but to get tru gate you must go tru the wave of arrow carts killing you in a split second.

Well trying to capture castle when there is more defenders then attackers is not possible, especially for unorganized group.

If castles would be easy and fast to capture there would be no point to them. And if your group can only build one arrow cart, there is really no way to take a castle even if you outnumber defenders 6:1.

Use catapults and trebuchets t destoy gate and arrow carts. Their resources are limited. Or should be…

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Wel sadly my server organization sucks. And one player wanting it otherwise (me) makes no difference. Secondly i need my money elsewhere. Many of you early lvl 80 wvw zergers, profited of the early high value drops. I didn’t (missed the start kind off). Now all items worth crap, and i must farm hardcore (2 gold a day in Orr) to get my full lvl 80 viable equipment (exotics).

I already have high enough repair cost on underdog server. Cost me near 50 silver today. (40 deads, 120 kills though). Sadly the 120 kills only got me about 60 silver. Another lame point arenanet. Killing so many and yet not being rewarded properly. Especially as underdog server.

So like i said server like mine, will never stand a chance in wvw. You must hardcore master communication (chat is nog enough, TS is must wich we don’t have), many generals (we only have one, rarely online), many silver from the early days, stacked in your pocket to buy blueprint, get easy wins with it, and zerg your way to much drops, to repay the blueprints.

Most left already to the ‘lobbying’ servers. I’d like to stay, as I like my guild here a lot. But is it a hardcore wvw guild? not at all. I’m the only one doing it. So basically, as I already thought, and your posts proof, succes is only warranted in the mid-range, high-end servers.

And so I come to my point again, Arrow carts are the biggest nightmare/curse against lower populated servers.

Another issue here is because everyone runs to the big servers, this makes some servers very very empty. This also gives basically ‘free kills’ for the big servers when they are battled against them. Basically 2 weeks without challenge. If this continues, at some point one server won’t fight at all (pretty close on our one already), and it will just be a dual battle, or even no battle at all. Ask yourself what’s fun of that? Zerging is fun, until everyone and everyone know ‘ok I will zerg to make minimal profit/succes/fun’. I anticipate this problem will be big in future. Especially after 1-2 years when gw2 already is loosing slowly population to newer mmo’s.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

. If enemie has more ppl then you, they have more carts. On top of it they have the castle. The only way to take castle is tru gate, but to get tru gate you must go tru the wave of arrow carts killing you in a split second.

Well trying to capture castle when there is more defenders then attackers is not possible, especially for unorganized group.

If castles would be easy and fast to capture there would be no point to them. And if your group can only build one arrow cart, there is really no way to take a castle even if you outnumber defenders 6:1.

Use catapults and trebuchets t destoy gate and arrow carts. Their resources are limited. Or should be…

If every ‘big red enemy aoe circle’ on ground incidates a different arrow cart, it suggest the ememy has 20+ of them.

But it’s funny EACH AND EVERY of the suggestion to win this battle comes to same conclusion. Use Age of empire (for lack of better discription) equipment to kill enemy. Kinda lame that player skill is useless in wvw mostly. Only AFTER a wall is down, or between capture points, player skill is a little important. And like I said almost nobody is motivated to lay much silver in equipment blueprints, after the many repairs they have to pay (a lot more then winning zerging server obviously). Wich comes to the poitn again of ‘unbalanced equipment’-battles.

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Phoebe Ascension,

I’m sorry your server organization sucks but please understand that what you’re proposing is not the solution to your problem. It won’t kill the enemy zerg and it won’t make fortifications any easier for you to capture when you’re outnumbered anyways. WvW is built around the use of blueprints and supply. You represent an extreme minority (the few people in WvW on servers that don’t have a presence in WvW), so I don’t see how appeasing you while wrecking WvW for everyone else will help GW2 keep players in the game.

My question for you is this: If your server were on equal footing, how would you feel about siege? If the answer is that you would still be against it, you’re playing the wrong kind of PvP offered in GW2. WvW is logistics-oriented (what you call use of Age of Empires equipment), sPvP and tPvP are not.

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

If every ‘big red enemy aoe circle’ on ground incidates a different arrow cart, it suggest the ememy has 20+ of them.

But it’s funny EACH AND EVERY of the suggestion to win this battle comes to same conclusion. Use Age of empire (for lack of better discription) equipment to kill enemy. Kinda lame that player skill is useless in wvw mostly.

Not useless at all, arrowcarts can be aoed from below. Your issues sounds like its a population issue related to free transfers and you’ve bizarrely decided to blame siege equipment.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

I rarely worry about $$ in game, my server was in the bottom 3 early on thanks to the bad scoring system. I get all my blueprints that i use free, 4 chars 12 jump puzzle runs among them, + 4 more for the EB jump puzzle. each give 2-4 siege per run. so assuming i only get 2 siege, 2 × 4 x3 +8 = 32 siege + all the badges per day if i can make it through all the puzzles. I’m just one person with 32 siege per day for free imagine a server doing that for a week when their matchup is a blowout, makes the next week a little more challenging if you saved all that up.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

No. Arrowcarts are one of the easiest counters to stacks.

You get gear with karma not gold. You get siege weapons with badges not gold. 1 arrowcart will pay for itself in badges no problem.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Easist Syndic? Then tell me how.

Situation (right now)

Whole map captured by green/red. I’m blue. In a small path between two hills. The ememy does 9+ aoe red circles as big as meteor shower. (arrow carts). Is this one arrow cart or multiple doing all these crazy aoe’s? Secondly The players guard it. 50 vs 20 of us (yes atm only 20 ppl in wvw vs 200+ enemies). In the arrowcart team 50+ ppl. They got trebuchet also.

How do we win? Tell me the piece of cake trick.

Edit: thrown out of eternal battlefield. We obviously lost everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Agree with Morrolon on this one, sounds like your issue is server pop and not being able to control resources. Most arrowcarts on towers/keeps can be Aoe’d down with the exception of a few in random places. As Syndic says it is the only way to deal with turtle stacks as well. The siege is not an issue in this game.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Actually if you are facing that many enemy its a mix between maybe 2-3 carts and tons of rangers/ele’s the problem isnt so much arrow carts its your server being generally outnumbered 24/7 not much taking carts out will do to fix that.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Blueprints (cost silver) are necessary) as far as i’m aware. And i got only 48 badges (many because other events then wvw, like madking tower) from 120 wvw kills. Those badges are necessary for other thing like equipment (amulet exotic for instance). Will take months before i can even think about using my funds for wvw lol. Either way. Ive only seen Silver npc. Not badge npc for equipment.

The arrowcarts also seem to have 2000+ range. My staff barely has 1200. Again my team is wiped of map so bye bye resource. Building up one of the very few equipment we can, will be killed in matter of second by enemies. I’m getting tired of all this ‘but it’s easy’. No it isn’t. You guys obviously play on zerg servers. If it’s easy then post youtube-vid with how it’s done. (As underdog, zerg server obviously has it easy). Then I might have starting faith in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

What anet needs to do is making a limit amount of siege to be put/made in one place. 15 arrow cart in front of our door and other server spawn camp the crap out of us using all that siege is NOT okay. 20 arrow carts around a supply camp is NOT okay. 10 ballista on top of a keep is NOT okay. 30 golems knocking on a non reinforced castle/ garison etc is NOT ok. change the game name to siege war instead because people don’t even bother to 1v1 or zerg v zerg anymore, they just siege v siege aka what server got the biggest pocket now which i think it’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Once again, This is a server pop issue, not a siege issue. Not having enough people to fight has nothing to do with the siege. Even if you removed all of it you would still get decimated by just numbers.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

50 vs 20 of us (yes atm only 20 ppl in wvw vs 200+ enemies). In the arrowcart team 50+ ppl. They got trebuchet also.

You can’t do it. Even for the most elite and organized party it would be impossible without use of siege equip. You probably can’t even do siege and let that keep/castle to stack resources.
And even worse enemy is expecting you.

Say, do you take their resource camp before doing siege, prohibit enemy to reinforce it? My only advice is to go for other keep with rams and be fast about it. Capture and defend. Enemy can’t be everywhere.

I think you mistaking PvP with WvW.

Ps. It’s just a idea but maybe it would be wise to prohibit building siege equipment next to each other. Every equip would have their own area in with no other siege equip could be build. This area can be even a size of building circle. So it would be imposible to build several siege equip in the same space.

(edited by mapokl.3167)

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

phoebe does your server not know about the jumping puzzles in wvw?

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Actually if you are facing that many enemy its a mix between maybe 2-3 carts and tons of rangers/ele’s the problem isnt so much arrow carts its your server being generally outnumbered 24/7 not much taking carts out will do to fix that.

Generally speaking, earlier we had about 50 ppl online and won many many battles while outnumbered. These victories only happened in the field (away from any equipment).

While removing carts may not fix the issue. It will improve the odds that we can win outnumbered. With purely pvp player skill necessary my server surely can take a few captures points. But the arrow carts are the preventing thing in this matter. Especially the recharge rate is overpowered. 3 aoe fields stacked, and about 3 attacks in 1 sec. They basically killed me in 4 seconds. Admit, my armor is crap atm, but like said with the low reward on low end server, not gonna better any soon. Secondly, the damage itself is no prob. I survived 1 vs1 in wvw with 50k damage taken. The thing was I outhealed it all (ele). The arrow carts, stun, immobalise, poison, cripple, bleed, etc. It all comes from that one tiny equipment. Dodge? sorry my 360 radius, + my sister arrow carts, prevent any escape.

Perhaps arrow carts have their use but atm i fail to see it, other then helping the big servers.

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Yeah, Phoebe can you please tell me why it is that you’re not playing structured PvP when that is clearly what you’re looking for?

I get that spawn camping can be an issue but that doesn’t seem to be your only gripe with arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

This is a call to remove zergstopping siege to protect the ‘smaller side’?

Arrowcarts are cheap, whether you buy them with tokens, silver or get them from chests. Its one of the cheapest siege and great to stop a large group of people.

As has been pointed out above, catapults and ballistae have greater range(and are also not that expensive) so you can counter what that.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Jumping puzzle? that is UBBER UBBER camped by enemy thieves? No thanks.

Another thing in favor of big servers. You guys really (obviously) play on on the mid-high ranged servers.

The Rich orichalcum puzzle, took me 9 hours, and right about 80% further (finally got that far), Thief jumps out of nowhere and a mesmer joins ‘bye bye little elementalist from low populated server’. So jumping puzzle? again no thanks.

And yeah i got one jumping puzzle from earlier on (when camping wasn’t issue). I ussed my ballista, and guess what, killed in 3 secs (yes i announced it before i build it).

Combo of bad communication, server that is not good enough with equipment (rarely uses it), and low population seems like an autoloose. I see no way to win. Oh well, I looked forward to wvw, but with this, I wanted to have fun but I can’t.

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I really like arrow carts, maybe more like limiting to how many can be made per tower/keep would help instead. IDK how thier limitations works but it might limit siege as a whole rather than separately. For example limit it to 5 arrow carts 3 catas 2 trebs 3 ballistas instead of 13 siege mixed which could be 13 arrow carts. That’s just very random numbers and I don’t suggest those numbers but its an example. Keeps/castle would obviously allow more than towers.

I’m also starting to become a bit against siege in lord rooms, you should be defending the actual castle/keep before it goes down, not waiting for them to break the walls so you have them in chokes with tons of siege.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Arrow carts are overpowered. The winning team always has most.

This is true.

The winning team always has the most siege. Or, the same situation worded differently, the team with the most siege always wins.

Siege, like arrow carts, are actually one of the very few effective ways to attempt to counter a zerg. 10 can’t beat 30 people but if it’s 10 people falling back to 10 prepared siege engines, they can probably either win or at the very least greatly slow down the attackers, who must now build their own siege.

And really, complaining about arrow carts is silly because their range is so limited.

Build a catapult. Build a trebuchet. Build a catapult up against a wall in an area where no arrow carts are covering. There are plenty of options. “Ram on door” is really what you do when there’s no defense and you’re in a hurry. Arrow carts on defense are one of the best ways to force attackers to commit to a serious siege rather than simply beating down the door with their fists.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This is a call to remove zergstopping siege to protect the ‘smaller side’?

Arrowcarts are cheap, whether you buy them with tokens, silver or get them from chests. Its one of the cheapest siege and great to stop a large group of people.

As has been pointed out above, catapults and ballistae have greater range(and are also not that expensive) so you can counter what that.

50 people (on higher ground) + much equipment (and trebuchet) vs 20 people no equipment (but can build them). You tell me like it’s a breeze but you forget again one important thing. The enemy will kill the equipment before it is build. We cannot counter in time.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Blueprints (cost silver) are necessary) as far as i’m aware. And i got only 48 badges (many because other events then wvw, like madking tower) from 120 wvw kills. Those badges are necessary for other thing like equipment (amulet exotic for instance).

You can farm or use gold to get exotics. Arrow carts cost 6 silver only (not much at level 80) or can be obtained also via badges and free by going into the jumping puzzles.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Hate to say this but if your server is that bad off in wvw and you really want to play competitively you need to move to another one, its about the cold truth of it all. The servers are far imbalanced number wise on the low end, in the middle crowd we’re pretty well balanced. Removing the siege hurts the high pop to mid pop servers and would essentially make all servers low pop servers if you removed them like you ask to benefit the low pop servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Learn better counter siege placement. I can’t stress this enough, because you CAN push out of your borderlands if you know where to place your own siege. Spiritholme can always be taken safely if you know how to place siege. I learned due to being on Kaineng. You will learn if you try.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

I’m not going to say that you can win a WvW match with a disorganized server that has fewer people because you can’t. But please Phoebe, tell me what you think should be the criteria for winning WvW? When you get to the numbers of people involved in WvW, individual player skill is something that more or less evens out, so there have to be other deciding factors.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Arrow carts are overpowered. The winning team always has most.

And really, complaining about arrow carts is silly because their range is so limited.

This sentence totally Trampled me. I’m schocked to hear it. I might be overreacting but short range? hahahaha. Staff (best ingame except for few 1500 range skills) has 1200 range. Roughly calculated the carts where 3000 range from us, and still could hit us. Short range? Worst joke i heard ever. Maybe for equipment. But like I told you our only (and best atm) weapon is players. And players cannot reach it. And the moment we might be able to hit it, all the coward people (hiding behind wall, not even casting spells or doing anything), come out of portal, and push us back, get support from other carts, and basically we are back to square zero.

Arrow carts vs player group = win for carts. Always. Especially if players are low populated. We took a keep that had ballista’s, trebuchets, etc. The only thing they didnt have was arrow carts. Believe me or not, that made the difference.

So i’m a player, i have 20 allies. There’s a well player guarded arrow cart somewhere hidden behind hill before me. If it’s range so short, then tell me how to spike it down lol.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

cart hidden behind a hill, easy, send a scout or be the brave scout yourself that charges in or close to spot for your catapults that should be built to kill it, cant count the number of times ive suicided to call in shots from long range siege

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Its not hard to survive 1 arrow cart. I’m an ele and I can get off meteor show whilst under the fire from 1 arrow cart.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

@ above

Wvw is a very brilliant idea. And having 100+ vs 100 players battling, i never even could dream of in gw2. It has a lot of potential, and i’m definitely not against it. However atm i think the winning teams have a little to much advantage. I know that the wvw organized servers now got used to equipment and will also always have enough players to plan something with a good chance of victory. Still i think smoother gameplay (lower gate hp), slightly less powerfull equipment (especially against players, it can stay as strong against each other still so), would make it so more fun. Now every castle with 5 playres. Cannot be taken, not in 20+ minutes at least. meanwhile the big zerg can kill everything, and if castle needs help they just join. I think with smoother gameplay (faster capturing buildings), the bigger teams will be surprised more often. A spike capture (very fast in-out capture), would make so much more fun. And also dangerous because if you are winning, you have more to loose. Now the moment they take a castle, it’s basically like a keep vs the lower team because lower team must fight very hard to even have a chance to take it.

Basically gw1 (forgot) name, where you had to reach 500 points asap, and zerging was bad for victory, i would love in wvw as well. We once where 300-450 behind, and still won. That would be like 100 000 vs 92 000 last day, of wvw battle, and still victory for 92k team.

I think once you have settled your ‘empire’, that it is just to easy to keep them. Almost not worry about them. In gw1 a fast well placed attack could easely surprise enemy and turn tides.

Then again this are just thought. I have respect for the current system. But since their is no player counter, ‘unfair’ stuff will always occur.

Allowing every single person to join wvw is good (to make ppl happier as they always can join wvw no matter what as oppposed to gw1 with long waiting timers). But it’s also bad, as its not balanced. 8 vs 8 is balanced. If one team loses it’s their own fault.

Atm i think i can say we are not losing because mistakes, but rather low population. And that’s rather dull to realize that population can interferer with proper balance.

Perhaps seperate wvw servers from pve servers. This can be lot of work, but think about it. All the low end server have to low population. So make like 12 american and 12 eu Wvw servers force you to join the ‘big’ population ones. Then the battles will even out without this kind of complaining.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Its not hard to survive 1 arrow cart. I’m an ele and I can get off meteor show whilst under the fire from 1 arrow cart.

One aint a problem either. But they had 6+. Either way if we had more balanced population, this probably would work.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

well they already have the free transfer per week option, pick a server in the top 12 or so and there u go ur in a competitive fight, its only server pride that will keep a person on a low/losing server.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

But then i’m doing the same (in my opinion silly) action as the other people. Join the zergfest. So basically ‘zerg to win’, is becoming the law for victory now? Meh. And leaving my current guild just for this (we do lot of pve stuff), again meh.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

not asking you to do this but why not have the guild go together, i mean the same pve stuff is on every server if things arent fun where you are why wouldnt you try someplace new together, you might like it, if not u can go back in a week. Its not always zergfests that win, put up a great defense and 20 can defend against 40. If you have 30 and the enemy has 40 u can either wear them down or send that 10 to take other enemy locations behind their zerg, there is strategy up here its not all zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

so stop complaining. you’re given options, but are not taking them.

in WvW

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Yeah, Phoebe can you please tell me why it is that you’re not playing structured PvP when that is clearly what you’re looking for?

I get that spawn camping can be an issue but that doesn’t seem to be your only gripe with arrow carts.

Gw1 jade quarry was not pvp at all. Yes player could kill player, but npcs (mobs) where also present. EXACTLY same as wvw.

And arenanet always claims ‘balance over everything’-pilosohpy (look al all the nerfs). 500 vs 100 (or less) ppl is not balanced sorrie. Why do i suggest low populated group should be able to penetrade arrow cart guarded field? Because it’s more fun. More variation. Everything should be able to kill everything. Just like they state, every profession can play any role. Now the moment you have people with arrow carts, vs people without the battle ends. You know the result with 90% certainty. Tell me the fun of that.

I thought people did wvw mainly for the massive people vs people, with the area involved also as extra fun. But it seems there’s a lot of Turned based players here. Who prefer pure Age of empires mmo gameplay then pvp.

If player skills had no meaning in wvw we wouldnt be able to use them. Meteor shower was nerfed in last beta. And it’s certainly not because pve. Only reason they can have ‘nerfed it’ is wvw. So player skills (and balance) certainly is meant to be part of wvw gameplay. Yet so far, reading all of this, it’s ‘equipment vs equipment’ battle.