Please undo the 25 fightmarker

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

in the end its, servers WITHOUT people playing WvW should be prioritized according to most people posting here?

Lets all have fun, join us on Desolation EU ^^

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Not everything Anet do works for lower and higher tiers. For example the commander event is crap in the higher tiers, but as I understand it quite useful in lower tiers.

This change is great, especially in the higher tiers. I love it because sometimes random players run with us when we have the commander icon on and they insist on hitting the guards, doors etc, in fact they just insist in getting the old swords up and nothing we say stops them/or its to late.

I can understand in lower tiers how it might seem not to be so great, but to be honest it is not hard to counter.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

so Offski you like it because it allows better zerging my words from the beginning, a fool who thinks this will do something AGAINST zerging. its designed to allow BETTER zerging.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The game seems so quiet now, then bam. A tower or keep turns into something else.

Why you wasn’t capturing a tower or keep too?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I think they should consider changing the rules for golems. Or get rid of golems. You could attack a gate with 3 flame rams without creating orange swords before. Same with 3 catapults hitting one wall I believe. The change protects roaming 5-20mans from creating orange swords and getting picked off by a large zerg. I watch where the commander tags are and the team chat more than I watch for orange swords. I hope this doesn’t make keeping every enemy tower and fort capped to keep up white swords up indefinitely.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I like the 25 person swords. Thanks Anet. Just wanted my opinion in here. It encourages defense and breaks up the karma train.

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

This + Lock supply for 5min …. Anet make all for more and more zerg…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Even sending out two scouts to monitor an entire map would be reducing our “zerg” by 20%!

in WvW

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Maybe I made myself not clear yet: NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE. is that clear yet ?

So if you got 10 people, how does that make you capable of doing anything but run away from enemy zergs? This change doesn’t concern you since you can’t do anything anyway, head on.

OR. You could all split up in teams of two-three, roam the map, take camps, spot trouble, regroup and attack.

And you could take your small group and use the new system to your advantage, since you can hit objectives now without being immediately zeroed on by larger forces.

If you have fewer people, this actually helps you. This change is beneficial for small groups and you complain about it, as if seeing those orange swords pop up when a zerg is attacking a tower will somehow help your 10-man group stop them.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in WvW

Posted by: Mubarizun.6435

Mubarizun.6435

I really like the changes. It causes us to be more map aware and leaves the chances for stealth wide open. A very welcome change!

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

T1 zergs (which are huge and unwieldy) can take objectives without popping orange swords until they get to the lords room, your low-popn opponents must be meat heads if you can rely on orange swords as an indicator that your objective is under attack.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

No. This is a change that actually encourages less zerging and more strategic play. I don’t know how anyone in their right mind could suggest this. Get organized and spread out, stop crutching on map icons you don’t need.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

You know what was really messed up? On Fort Aspen, we were stomping the opposition and had dragonbrand’s keep in EB (it’s fairly irrelevant, so I’m not going to QQ about this part) – they forced a restart and by the time we got back in and the whole way across the map the keep was taken.

Then SMC fell – and there were never even white swords. I was watching it on the map religiously because it was the next logical strategic move, and I stayed within site of one of the gates, scouting and watching my map. Not a blip. No orange swords. No white swords. Just switched.

Awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You know what was really messed up? On Fort Aspen, we were stomping the opposition and had dragonbrand’s keep in EB (it’s fairly irrelevant, so I’m not going to QQ about this part) – they forced a restart and by the time we got back in and the whole way across the map the keep was taken.

Then SMC fell – and there were never even white swords. I was watching it on the map religiously because it was the next logical strategic move, and I stayed within site of one of the gates, scouting and watching my map. Not a blip. No orange swords. No white swords. Just switched.

Awesome.

If your castle turned without white swords it means something is wrong, and it’s not the orange sword change…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Awesome.

Just a suggestion

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Maybe I made myself not clear yet: NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE. is that clear yet ?

So if you got 10 people, how does that make you capable of doing anything but run away from enemy zergs? This change doesn’t concern you since you can’t do anything anyway, head on.

OR. You could all split up in teams of two-three, roam the map, take camps, spot trouble, regroup and attack.

And you could take your small group and use the new system to your advantage, since you can hit objectives now without being immediately zeroed on by larger forces.

If you have fewer people, this actually helps you. This change is beneficial for small groups and you complain about it, as if seeing those orange swords pop up when a zerg is attacking a tower will somehow help your 10-man group stop them.

This does NOT help us AT ALL, now the big group has the advantage of being covered, the defenders (in lower tier servers defenders are usually less because if we put people to defend there will be no one to attack) have to put in extra manpower and waste time to find out where the attack is happening and which one is false, they will have to waste time to first finding out the location and then gather. Meanwhile because swords don’t show up the attackers can kitten the gate allowing it to go down even faster.
Meanwhile if there were swords one would know where the fights are happening. and relocate the few forces we have to the proper location with less time waste.

Also the lower population already make use of Ninja tactics because they are lower population and have to use all they can, now the higher population get that just handed to them.

And if you think 10 people couldn’t defend a keep against 20+ people then you’re dead wrong…

Also SMC is huge! If a lower population server has and has to spend manpower on finding where they’re derping the gates they will be a step behind while if a higher pop server is defending they can put out scouts without losing too much manpower.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Posted by: siniaq.5628

siniaq.5628

This change does to the zergs nothing because zerg will trigger orange spot anyway, no matter if there were 5 or 25 people. And people will not stop zerging, cause this is the way to loot some bags anyway for most of them.
There is always someone in keep/tower or nearby so just ask in /m chat whats the situtation. Not a big deal.
If u have small numbers in guild to make a scout person for a while – join a bigger guild, do some recruiting, transfer or simply go play and stop crying.
The scout role is not fun – nobody is saying, you must be scout a whole day. That only depends on your people, what kind of guild you are.

Try to fight in www more than 1 hour/week and maybe you’ll understand what www is about.
Then come back here and discuss is.
Cheers!

P.S.: This is not another topic about Piken Square as i saw posts describing this server

Dviella Kwiatuszek [INC]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

If u have small numbers in guild to make a scout person for a while – join a bigger guild, do some recruiting, transfer or simply go play and stop crying.

So you’re saying less people = screwed.

Exactly my point, thx for proving it.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’m in JQ and I agree that this may not be the best thought out change I’ve seen personally. Last night there are white swords on Lake, so knowing the change I go there and see a swarm of Tsym on the wall with four cats going full bore. /facepalm

What this change means is that WvW will become less fun for those people that will be required to be planted in towers and keeps to act as scouts, a role the NPCs were fulfilling fairly well with the old sword system. We have to dedicate people now to serve as NPC alarms effectively or lose structures to the hidden zerg.

ANet… it may be worth reconsidering.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Leave it, the new change is great and spreads people out. So much easier to take stuff as a small group.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

This change does to the zergs nothing because zerg will trigger orange spot anyway, no matter if there were 5 or 25 people. And people will not stop zerging, cause this is the way to loot some bags anyway for most of them.
There is always someone in keep/tower or nearby so just ask in /m chat whats the situtation. Not a big deal.
The scout role is not fun – nobody is saying, you must be scout a whole day. That only depends on your people, what kind of guild you are.

Try to fight in www more than 1 hour/week and maybe you’ll understand what www is about.
Cheers!

P.S.: This is not another topic about Piken Square as i saw posts describing this server

Yes it will stop zerging. Or atleast the massive zergs of 80+
In higher tiers groups of 80+ ran with max speed to all fightmarkers within seconds.
ANet planned wvvw so groups had to spread out in small groups. But made some design mistakes, because of the small map and the large groups being able to run to all fightmarkers before the small groups can get through the doors/walls. And the small groups having no chance to win of the 80+ groups because of ability lag and culing. This is the first part of probably some more changes to make the game more about groups, and tactic between groups.. instead of 1 massive zerg.

So without the big zerg being able to see to what keeps/towers to run too (atleast without loosing people to scouts/defenders) the big zerg doesnt know where to go.. or will be to late.
Now a server who doesnt run in a massive zerg can take keeps without being steamrolled by the massive zerg.

(edited by Dutchares.6084)

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

This change actually makes defensive strategy much harder. Ninja strategy is the new metagame and small groups are the weapon. The commanders must now learn to anticipate enemy movement rather than react to it.

Especially gone are the days where 1 commander is sufficient for success. Your server needs at least 2 to be successful. More would be even more effective since their small guilds can now take any tower easily.

You guys actually miss the bigger change too. This is the fix to the Righteous Indignation buff that makes the claimer perfectly invulnerable. Before a large zerg had no trouble knowing they could get supply by condition burning the claimer. Now the 2 man camp gank squad can snarl their supply so effectively that they’ll fail.

You must adapt or you will fail.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

What this change means is that WvW will become less fun for those people that will be required to be planted in towers and keeps to act as scouts, a role the NPCs were fulfilling fairly well with the old sword system. We have to dedicate people now to serve as NPC alarms effectively or lose structures to the hidden zerg.

This pretty much sums it up.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Black Ice Spain.9753

Black Ice Spain.9753

I didnt play yet since patch.

But i think they want people to spread more, guarding important places and such. Not in a big zerg controlling the map pressing “M” like if they were wizards.

They just include orange swords so newcomers can go somewhere and fight, so they don’t say, wtf what a crap, good bye.

I think the change can help with strategies.

Black Ice Spain – Desolation
Just a remind, whatever i post is my opinion, not representing any community i’m part of.

in WvW

Posted by: Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

Cheers!

Posting clueless must mandatory once you reach tire 1-2. Ilesyt here that posted originally has lead as commander for MANY HOURS a day, for months, not to mention time played, i doubt you even know someone who played and accomplished as much.

Not to mention that after several post, you are still too dense to get it: there are not enough people ON THE kittenING SERVER, not on the guild. We’re more or less in the 7th tire and can’t really cover all maps in prime time, just imagine those in lower, and at odd times.

No, this is not about Piken Square

George Cosbuc [MR] Mint Rubbing
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

I’m in JQ and I agree that this may not be the best thought out change I’ve seen personally. Last night there are white swords on Lake, so knowing the change I go there and see a swarm of Tsym on the wall with four cats going full bore. /facepalm

Or you play in like 4-5 groups, instead of a massive zerg and a few people inside keeps/towers waiting..
New tactics: a few groups scout/defend a part of the border while other groups try to take keeps/towers..
Resulting in lots of 20-40 people battles.. Meaning having most players isnt the main factor anymore, but having good groups that can win fights(skills), and tacic/teamwork between groups… so a lot of more fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

This pretty much sums it up.

Except that white swords still tell you when a structure is under attack. If you were relying on orange swords for this pre-patch, you were doing it wrong anyway, since it’s entirely possible to take structures with a large group and never pop orange swords (at least until it’s already too late to mount a response), if you know what you’re doing.

I like the change. I’m not a fan of the map playing the game for players, so the new system seems like a good compromise. Structures still tell you when they’re getting hit, while it is up to the players to communicate all but very large open-field engagements.

Also, scouting isn’t limited to just sitting in structures waiting for them to get hit, although this is sometimes useful / necessary. If you don’t like doing this, try following large groups of enemies and reporting what they are doing. Very useful, and a lot more exciting than sitting in a tower, I promise you.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Surprise surprise. I and many others said this would happen as soon as they announced the change. Not like it was hard to see coming.

Go for the easiest objectives, ninja and avoid fighting real live people at all, that is the name of the game.

You really have to wonder if Anet even plays their own game mode or just sits back with these reams of data that they can’t really make heads or tails of then tries to guess at what might be an improvement.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Or you play in like 4-5 groups, instead of a massive zerg and a few people inside keeps/towers waiting..
New tactics: a few groups scout/defend a part of the border while other groups try to take keeps/towers..
Resulting in lots of 20-40 people battles.. Meaning having most players isnt the main factor anymore, but having good groups that can win fights(skills), and tacic/teamwork between groups… so a lot of more fun.

The numbers you mention are something the lower tier servers can only dream of.
I suppose that’s the real issue here.

For some servers it means ‘reducing’ their groups to 20-40 battles as you say, while for other servers getting 20-40 is a big fight.

It’s all over this post: the way the higher tier servers reason from their own numbers, somehow assuming the lower tier servers can split up to ‘small’ 20 groups too.

Summary:

- for higher tiers this change means more ‘small’ teams of 25 players before being seen. Making the meta game more organised and small scale.
This is an improvement.

- for lower tier servers this means allocating even more people to specific tasks, because that ‘big’ 25 man group is now unseen on the map.
Groups that had 10-15 players now need to put 3 or 4 of them as scouts, leaving them completely chanceless against that bigger group of 20-25 that they need to find first.
This is a change for the worse.

All over these posts I see the failure to understand this fundamental difference in impact the change has.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

So if the smaller populated server have trouble getting 20 people together how is the swords changing anything. If you have any tactical nouse you would coordinate hitting the gate with only rams/catas to avoid swords anyway.

Even before the change if their was white swords on a structure we scouted it or at least asked in map for eyes on info.

Stop your QQing and adapt and whilst you do enjoy the enemy coming in behind your breach less often.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Cheers!

Yes it will stop zerging. Or atleast the massive zergs of 80+
In higher tiers groups of 80+ ran with max speed to all fightmarkers within seconds.
ANet planned wvvw so groups had to spread out in small groups. But made some design mistakes, because of the small map and the large groups being able to run to all fightmarkers before the small groups can get through the doors/walls. And the small groups having no chance to win of the 80+ groups because of ability lag and culing. This is the first part of probably some more changes to make the game more about groups, and tactic between groups.. instead of 1 massive zerg.

So without the big zerg being able to see to what keeps/towers to run too (atleast without loosing people to scouts/defenders) the big zerg doesnt know where to go.. or will be to late.
Now a server who doesnt run in a massive zerg can take keeps without being steamrolled by the massive zerg.

No, it does the opposite. It makes the massive zerg more effective. You can now take your mega zerg, have 20 of them rip through the door of a keep and flip it in only a fraction of the time it took before to ninja a keep.

NEW STRAT for EVERYONE! Have your zergs designate 20 or so people to tear through the door. Drop four or five rams, superiors if you got them, you’ll be in in moments. All of you rush the keep lord and it’s yours in minutes! This even gives breathing room from those antsy pugs that tended to screw things up before by attacking and putting swords up when you were trying to stay quiet.

If you actually think this will work against zergs… well… which keeps are yours again?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Oh this is a laugh. Before people were all, “get rid of of orange swords! They encourage zergs which ruin the game.” So Anet reduced the chances of them appearing.
Careful what you wish for.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I agree it was a bad change in the wrong direction.

I realize the aim was to allow smaller groups to do things without getting hit by the zerg but all it really does is let people avoid PvP. Ninja-capping a keep is referred to as “PvE”.

We should be encouraging epic sieges, not epic PvDoor with no enemies in sight because nobody knows the place is under attack.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I won’t argue strongly either way, but at least give it a chance before being absolutely certain it’s a terrible change. Don’t upgrade towers beyond stone walls and reinforced gate, or waste a bunch of gold / supply pre-placing defensive siege. View the game as a whole more dynamically with towers if they are flipped more often now. The same may go for the borderland bay and hills keeps if you are unable to keep them scouted.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I have no sympathy for this.
If you cannot bother to spare a couple people per map to run around and keep tabs on enemy forces or check on white swords, you don’t deserve to keep your territory.

Stop expecting the game mechanics to tell you where the real threat is and adapt.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Just to toss an idea in, maybe set the Sword cap to reflect the tier/population? While 5 does seem low, maybe keep 25 for the top tiers and give a reduction by 5 as the tiers get lower, basing out at 10 minimum?
If 10 for the bottom tiers turns out to be too low, readjust in a later update.
It’s definitely a solid idea with the new caps but with low pops, you really can’t afford the manpower for scouts and spotters all over the map, then still be able to take an objective.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Change is perfectly fine.

Patch ensures you have to leave scouts at high value objectives rather then relying on simply pressing M, it also splits up the usual 50 man roaming zerg into smaller groups to attack and defend respectively.

If your having trouble with the new system, you need to work on your guild or server coordination…

It also makes it more effective that as a lone thief I can cause white swords on a keep forcing the scouts to waste time checking ever little objective that 1 person caused. Why was Orange sword limit increased but white swords not? Both should be same.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Just to toss an idea in, maybe set the Sword cap to reflect the tier/population? While 5 does seem low, maybe keep 25 for the top tiers and give a reduction by 5 as the tiers get lower, basing out at 10 minimum?
If 10 for the bottom tiers turns out to be too low, readjust in a later update.
It’s definitely a solid idea with the new caps but with low pops, you really can’t afford the manpower for scouts and spotters all over the map, then still be able to take an objective.

It’s very unlikely they will implement a dynamic scaling for swords in the near future.
It would involve bringing in devs to write whole new algorithms and figuring out how to balance the cap fairly by server population, and require it to adapt and update in real time as people entered and left the map. Then the QA tests and the inevitable bugs in the system after they patched it in.

Changing the limit from 5 to 25 likely only involved them adding the number “2” into the relevant subroutine in front of the “5” that was already there.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This is kind of weird. Whole point of W3 is casual random zerging, not sitting in keep.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I’m surprised how many idealists and wishful thinkers there are in this debate. Remember that this is a video game.

Wrong question: What do I want this change to do?
Another wrong question: What is this change intended to do?

Right question: How will people abuse this?

Whether or not you are asking the right question now, you will all be on the same page within the week, when abusing this becomes the meta.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

I think it should be reduced to 10.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

As a player on a T1 server it’s not easier for us. We just have more skilled players to scout to any “white swords”. However, this encourages ninja and takes away the skills of doing a ninja cap.

I don’t know what ArenaNet was thinking with this one, or making the influence so pathetically high for Guild Events, or making it so we have to choose 5 out of 8 Dailies which are still all selected from ArenaNet. I wanted to get away from doing gatherer, but how am I suppose to do personal story when I’ve done it all?

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I’m surprised how many idealists and wishful thinkers there are in this debate. Remember that this is a video game.

Whether or not you are asking the right question now, you will all be on the same page within the week, when abusing this becomes the meta.

This is the forums, the Ideal place for ideas and suggestions.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

They have a Suggestions subforum for precisely that purpose.
So, if you wanna get technical, THIS isn’t the ideal place for this.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I must apologize, I don’t understand your point. Idealism and ideas may come from the same root, but they mean very different things.

I love ideas and suggestions, but every last idea and suggestion in a video game needs to pass the “How will this be abused?” test. Idealism ignores this question.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why was this post infracted.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

If you cannot bother to spare a couple people per map to run around and keep tabs on enemy forces or check on white swords, you don’t deserve to keep your territory.

Stop expecting the game mechanics to tell you where the real threat is and adapt.

Players should not be relegated to tasks that are boring.

Game mechanics should remove boring behavior, not make it more necessary. The devs have said in the past that they used DAOC as a model — well in DAOC just getting near a keep would cause an automatic alarm to sound. The enemy would know what keep you are at and with roughly what size group. The point was to trigger big fights.

Arenanet encouraging silent keep takes is the opposite of what DAOC did and makes no sense.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Game mechanics should remove boring behavior, not make it more necessary. The devs have said in the past that they used DAOC as a model — well in DAOC just getting near a keep would cause an automatic alarm to sound. The enemy would know what keep you are at and with roughly what size group. The point was to trigger big fights.

Arenanet encouraging silent keep takes is the opposite of what DAOC did and makes no sense.

You get white swords for that purpose.
Literally almost the exact same mechanic as “if you get close to a keep an alarm will sound”.

One scout can keep an eye on an entire portion of the map, not just one keep or tower. Maps are small. It is an ideal job for a ROAMER who would be doing pretty much the exact same thing anyway.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Literally almost the exact same mechanic as “if you get close to a keep an alarm will sound”.

One scout can keep an eye on an entire portion of the map, not just one keep or tower. Maps are small. It is an ideal job for a ROAMER who would be doing pretty much the exact same thing anyway.

You get white swords if a quaggan passes gas in earshot of the guards.

Let’s play a little game. You’re scout for your side of the map. Suddenly everything you own on that side of the map has white swords go up. Every camp, tower, keep, because the attacking server sent a thief, ele, someone to all those spots simply to cause swords. Where do you go? Remember… right now there could be 20 people with four or five rams taking down a gate, and 30 more watching their backs.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

against an organized group, you may not have an alarm until 3 rams are bashing at your gate or 5 catas tearing down your wall because you have to actually hit the gate/wall before anything triggers

literally almost the same is not the same

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions