Predict: When will SF move out of Tier 8?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Q:

Yes, it’s another thread about Tier 8! Let’s make it a fun prediction game now!

Predict: What day will Sorrow’s Furnace (NA) move out of Tier 8 and into Tier 7?

Prize: 1 Mysitic Coin! (more possibly added later)

How to Submit: Type out the DAY that SF will leave Tier 8 and enter Tier 7. For example if you think SF can enter tier 7 on the next reset. Say “3/15/2013” or “3/15” etc.

Deadline: Make your prediction by the end of March.

Let’s make our best educated, uneducated, or random guesses. You can use Kaineng’s or Devona’s Rest’s charts or you can even manipulate the results by transferring your guilds to Tier 8!

Transfer your guild(s) to SF and maybe they’ll have a better chance

Transfer your guild(s) to Eredon Terrace (ET) or Ferguson’s Crossing (FC) and maybe Sorrow’s Furnace will never leave Tier 8.

Note: I have nothing to do with Tier 8. I just pity all of them. But who knows, maybe SF enjoys being the top dog in Tier 8 and wants to stay there.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Never.

15 characters.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic.6047

Cosmic.6047

Never ……………

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

or bacon, not sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

After studying the charts, I think SF has a good chance to leave Tier 8 on April 12th.

Henge of Denravi in Tier 7 seems to be losing steam so their rating may be dropping over the course of the next 30 days. If Sorrow’s Furnace can keep consistently slicing ET and FC to ribbons and quell any possible transfer uprisings over there then I think it may be SF’s time to rise back up to Tier 7.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

or bacon, not sure.

42 slices of bacon…. hmmmmm

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

Conventional wisdom says . . . . NEVER

Scenario’s for exit =
1. NSP goes crazy and knocks someone out of T7
2. Rest of FC quits playing or XFER’s
3. The ET crew that golem rolls the map every morning (7am ish US Time) when SF has 5 people online all spontaneously combust
4. ANET puts a floor into the glicko system to mitigate the extraordinarily suppressed scores of ET and FC due to historical massive xfers to T8

These are posted in order of probability, (1) being the most likely.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

never.

the problem is with the current score of ET and FC. so low that any good performance week from them will drag down SF by very much.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Considering one week of “underperformance” (per Glicko’s standards, doesn’t matter if we’re curbstomping) will slide our rating back by 50 points, I’m sadly going to have to concur with the never sentiment. At the current rate, I just don’t have any hope left that we’re actually going to claw our way on our own, despite us curbstomping our opposing servers for well over a month (“things will balance themselves out with time” my bum).

The only hope we have is a miracle happening in one of the higher tiers that pushes someone else down from T7 into T8. Or ArenaNet changing how the rating system works so we don’t have to roflstomp our opposing servers for MONTHS for a shot at the next tier. But ANet’s silence on the topic has unfortunately been deafening.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

The only hope we have is a miracle happening in one of the higher tiers that pushes someone else down from T7 into T8. Or ArenaNet changing how the rating system works so we don’t have to roflstomp our opposing servers for MONTHS for a shot at the next tier. But ANet’s silence on the topic has unfortunately been deafening.

The “miracle” might be IoJ… They just dropped a tier and are losing again.

Who knows…

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Who knows…

Perhaps. Still, totally sucks that we can’t claw our way out of the T8 rating trap on our own (even though we’ve proven time and time again we shouldn’t be in this tier and it’s been brought up countless times by all servers in our tier) and instead have to wait and hope that a server in a higher tier stumbles so badly that they drop to T8. If that’s what it takes for a winning server to get bumped up to a higher tier, things are obviously not working right.

(I know I’m preaching to the choir, just feel the need to yet again vocalize my frustration on the topic )

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Don’t worry bro, i know how you fell…

BG curbstomped T2 for 8 weeks straight, but only went to T1 (for the second time) when SBI imploded… The ratings are broken, but because of the blowouts on higher tiers having movement, the only place that seen stale right now is T8.

in WvW

Manoa.5897

I’m not a bro, but still appreciate the sentiment.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

what the point of making 20 new thread per week about this problem?
if you want sf to move up just dont wvw for 2 weeks and lets them score 695ppt.

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

Who knows…

Through the weekend in Tier 6, IoJ has not been roflstomped so easily that they are your Tier 8 savior. Our tier can beat them, and has a chance of pushing them into Tier 7, but they are comparable to the other servers that we’ve pushed down to 7.

Tier 8 will likely have to wait for Tier 7 to flatten its ratings and push HoD down into Tier 8.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

There is a reason most of us on FC have quit heavy attacking SF and ET and stick to defending. If SF wants to steam roll thats fine. We will take the points we get on defense and they can move up. Once that happens we will get back to Wv3…

but, when do I see them moving up?…. 2nd Tuesday of next week…

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

When ET and FC are smart enough to take the entire week off w3 and make less than 10k points each. Hopefully that will in turn bring more average points to t8.(if the dethroned t7 server has a positive points outcome hat week.)

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Hopefully never, because it’s fun playing against a server where all their players run away if the odds aren’t stacked heavily in their favor. It’s fun to see all their clever strategies for escaping at the first sight of opposing players.

Ragnarz’s post was perfect. Unless something extraordinary happens, the current matchup isn’t ever going to change. We are the few being sacrificed for the needs of the many, and us having fun isn’t important to ArenaNet. Such is the way of the Samurai.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Hopefully never, because it’s fun playing against a server where all their players run away if the odds aren’t stacked heavily in their favor. It’s fun to see all their clever strategies for escaping at the first sight of opposing players.

Ragnarz’s post was perfect. Unless something extraordinary happens, the current matchup isn’t ever going to change. We are the few being sacrificed for the needs of the many, and us having fun isn’t important to ArenaNet. Such is the way of the Samurai.

Not sure who you are talking about “where all their players run away if the odds aren’t stacked heavily in their favor.” so maybe clarify?

Ragnarz’s post was a good one, I wish Anet would actually read this stuff and DO something. I know I am repeating things from before but just imagine if they combined ET/FC into SF. ET and FC fight tough and if we could add that ET morning capping crew, BOOM goes the dynamite (on the upper Tiers).

Anyways, enough wishful thinking because that would NEVER happen. Happy Monday!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

Wishful thinking here:
3/22

in WvW

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

SF will not move out of T8 until after Anet launches its major WvW changes. Assuming those changes include modifications/total revamp of Glicko perhaps SF climbs out on 4/19.

If Anet does the unthinkable and leaves the obviously borked system in tact then SF will be stuck in T8 forever. I predict the spirit of SF breaking before that of ET making a huge rating jump for SF into T7 even less likely. You cannot break that which has already been broken…

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

BG curbstomped T2 for 8 weeks straight, but only went to T1 (for the second time) when SBI imploded… The ratings are broken, but because of the blowouts on higher tiers having movement, the only place that seen stale right now is T8.

curbstomped t2 eh? I assume ur talking about when BG beat SoR for 8 weeks straight…….sry but no curbstomp there! BG lost NA primetime 90% of the time to SoR at the time. The only way they won was to pvd with their EU/Oceanic crew.
BG pushed when the other server had low numbers…….SoR won NA primetime when there was HEAVY resistance.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

curbstomped t2 eh? I assume ur talking about when BG beat SoR for 8 weeks straight…….sry but no curbstomp there! BG lost NA primetime 90% of the time to SoR at the time. The only way they won was to pvd with their EU/Oceanic crew.
BG pushed when the other server had low numbers…….SoR won NA primetime when there was HEAVY resistance.

I’m talking about scores… I don’t think I need to link’em for you… If they were via PvDoor or not, glicko doesn’t take it on account.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

uhhh im pretty sure during those 8 weeks SoR actually gained rating and BG lost rating (in the end).
Yes the only reason BG moved to t1 was the collapse of SBI.
So it was a curbstomp only because of the end score!?!?!?!
Sure didn’t dominate the glicko rating lol

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Please take arguments not related to the thread somewhere else.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

uhhh im pretty sure during those 8 weeks SoR actually gained rating and BG lost rating (in the end).

The discussion on this thread is about ratings gain and server movement. Talking about how your coverage was better in the NA prime than ours doesn’t change the fact that SoR lost and that BG barely got any rating.

But of course, i do not hope that a SoR forum troll (Because warriors would most likely come with a more solid argumentation) to understand.

The faster this thread get closed the better… It’s clear that the intention for this thread is to mock the lame situation that T8 face, even more knowing the OP doesn’t belong to T8 itself (as he stated).

And i’m willing to take my Badges of Infraction for this!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Whenever the commando comes to GW2 it’s GOING TO HAPPEN-!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

They’ll move up on the first day of the week that doesn’t end in “y”

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

The discussion on this thread is about ratings gain and server movement. Talking about how your coverage was better in the NA prime than ours doesn’t change the fact that SoR lost and that BG barely got any rating.

But of course, i do not hope that a SoR forum troll (Because warriors would most likely come with a more solid argumentation) to understand.

The faster this thread get closed the better… It’s clear that the intention for this thread is to mock the lame situation that T8 face, even more knowing the OP doesn’t belong to T8 itself (as he stated).

Gotcha. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

in WvW

Manoa.5897

How many do you have left to acquire before you can get your legendary?

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Meanwhile…in Bellevue, Washington…

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

If I recall correctly, it’s two stacks of BoI.

Jeknar may have to up his Forum game.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmm. I’d predict the following:

The new patch hits, and -as always- only 50% of WvW players are even remotely satisfied with it. As a result, the already bored to heck SF’ers will see a massive exodus from Wv3 > PvE. ET will continue to strengthen their Powers of Tailkicking
(seriously, you lot have been doing exceedingly well, lately), and go Green.

However, the terminally downtrodden Fergs will riot on an extreme scale, and -at the
very least- manage to get back to Blue, if not Blue with a head-hair of distance from
Green. Keep in mind, that although we’ve lost some stronger Wv3 Guilds, we do
still have some serious folks around (i.e. WZ/DoSW/BS/KRAK, various smaller groups/solo fighters).

Ah, well – I could always be wrong. Check back with me in a month or two.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

If I recall correctly, it’s two stacks of BoI.

Jeknar may have to up his Forum game.

T8 thread isn’t as lively as it used to be on T2 BG/SoR/Someone… I got a fair share from there, but it’s been long since i’ve last received a BoI.

Maybe i’m being too respectful?

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

What would you guys do if you did get to that higher tier (other than get roflstomped due to being so outpopulated)…….

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

What would you guys do if you did get to that higher tier (other than get roflstomped due to being so outpopulated)…….

NO ONE know if SF is good or bad, because SF never faced a real fight… SF might be even bigger than T7… Maybe than T6… Who knows? SF never left to pit themselves against a real opposition…

And maybe never will…

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

NO ONE know if SF is good or bad, because SF never faced a real fight… SF might be even bigger than T7… Maybe than T6… Who knows? SF never left to pit themselves against a real opposition…

And maybe never will…

Lol…we will soon enough just can’t wait to see how long you will champion ET in T8…well you lasted a week so far. Looks like there are a lot more to come, unless you are just going to run when you need to.

Just so funny that you knew what T8 was like and you just needed to come down cause BG didn’t like Naysayers anymore, they would rather move up then hear you talk trash to their new recruits.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by FilthyRat.4652)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Lol…we will soon enough just can’t wait to see how long you will champion ET in T8…well you lasted a week so far. Looks like there are a lot more to come, unless you are just going to run when you need to.

Just so funny that you knew what T8 was like and you just needed to come down cause BG didn’t like Naysayers anymore, they would rather move up then hear you talk trash to their new recruits.

Back down a fight just because it’s against the odds? Who you think I am? Some Sea of Sorrow’s BADwagoner? I’ve even made some good friends in ET and I do not intent going back (Also that would be out of question due the fact it would be around 40g).

in WvW

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

Well being from DR and having the same problem with facing low rating servers, I would say it is possible. Will it take awhile yes… but my prediction after lookin at the charts, I will say ….6-8 resets NSP in T7 has alot to do with how fast this can happen.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

A few more days of AR fighting DH and IoJ (without having Brolis Rock balance in Tier 6) has shown that IoJ has far more PvDoor timezones than the weekend had revealed. We’ll have better estimates once millenium.org gets its database fixed, but it’s now possible that IoJ will only last a few weeks in Tier 6.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

The day the move out of tier 8 will be Friday.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

When Chuck Norris joins T8

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

A few more days of AR fighting DH and IoJ (without having Brolis Rock balance in Tier 6) has shown that IoJ has far more PvDoor timezones than the weekend had revealed. We’ll have better estimates once millenium.org gets its database fixed, but it’s now possible that IoJ will only last a few weeks in Tier 6.

As far as i can remeber when i faced IoJ back on T2, they were most composed by aussies, and I heard those transfered to the “Isle of Fort Kickaspenwood Janthir”.

in WvW

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

At least SF in T8 and curbstomping the others means it’s easier for my alts to get map completion these days.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

At least SF in T8 and curbstomping the others means it’s easier for my alts to get map completion these days.

Meanwhile my main didnt have map completion after 6 months on EB until I moved servers LOL!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Those of us in ET have a better chance of moving up a tier than sorrow’s furnace. Seriously, even though they can outnumber both us and the fergs, they’re that bad. if any of us are actually around when they try to take our towers/keeps/etc.. it takes them hours. A few weeks ago some 10-15 of us defended garrison for 2-3 hours and do you know how they finally got in? 6 golems and enough sheep following them to neutralize all of our aoe -_- Sorrow’s furnace will be in the basement for as long as they play the way they do. Please remove the aoe cap btw, then you’ll really see ET beating out sf poor fergs need some love too i guess…

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

they will never move out

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

35th May…

Seriously, tho, I’m not that interested…
What I’m more interested in is, how hard they will grind the overconfident guys at t7 when they manage to get out…

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

The day the move out of tier 8 will be Friday.

well played sir/ma’am… well played. >applause<

either HoD will stumble and fall in, or IoJ will continue it’s freefall and end up down here. i doubt SF will pull out on its own.

unfortunately.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

When Chuck Norris sidekicks the Glicko system

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]