in WvW

Posted by: TheBob.9863

TheBob.9863

I agree, what a tedious task

Remove timers on Seige please

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Build less siege of just go outside and kill enemy.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Fitz.7169

Fitz.7169

Build less siege of just go outside and kill enemy.

WTF kind of idiotic response is this?

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Spending 5 gold a week on sieges is not my idea of fun, thanks to my stubborn personality! :P ….someone has to defend the keeps and castles. Not sure what the intend of timers on sieges is.

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

While I agree that siege SHOULDN’T disappear. (this breaks immersion for me. You can tell a lot about a battlefield by what it looks like after a good fight, siege would NOT disappear lol) All i can say is be sure that when you pass by some, man it, fire it once even, then go about your way. It may be a pain, but it helps.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Seems like this problem is a bigger one for the winning side with lots of territory to have siege up on. Losing servers being stomped by 3x their number, their siege/upgrades are lost repeatedly, every time the zerg forms up to attack them. Seems like it works out.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Seems like this problem is a bigger one for the winning side with lots of territory to have siege up on. Losing servers being stomped by 3x their number, their siege/upgrades are lost repeatedly, every time the zerg forms up to attack them. Seems like it works out.

I would say the opposite. The larger server usually don’t care about siege and can just stomp due to sheer numbers. The smaller servers have to invest in siege to multiply their numbers and thus have to do a bit more refreshing.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Having to play janitor on idle siege isn’t exactly thrilling gameplay :/

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Terrible idea. Without an inactivity fade timer siege would stack to ridiculous levels. How would you like to attack a winning teams keep that has 4 ballistas, 3 arrow carts, and a cata? Now think if those things never faded how much siege they might have if you attack again later.

It’s simply a terrible terrible idea to have siege persist indefinitely.

Also, siege is a team effort. IF you spend 5g and your team spends 2g then you have a bad team. It’s not Anet’s fault.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Look, just have a limit to how much siege can be in an area. No stacking 3 trebuchets on a tower, 4 arrow carts per gate max, etc. It’s not perfect, but the machines disappearing is completely friggin stupid. I didn’t even know that happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

While it does suck having to refresh them or let them decay it is simply not possible to let them stay up forever. The sheer amount of lag and instability this would cause would make WvW unplayable as the server has to track every single piece of siege that is up at any given time.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

change it from a half hour to an hour

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

I wanted to clarify for a lot of people who think that siege will stack to crazy levels that there are already siege limitations in place. You can only build so much siege in certain areas so this isn’t really a concern.

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

There is already a limit to how much siege can be built in an area, try stacking Woodhaven full of Arrow-carts and ballistas and you’ll see it’s fewer than it used to be a few weeks ago. Annoying but good change.

However it’s terrible when ONE PERSON helps put out / build the siege units and then goes offline/disconnects, and you forget about refreshing and they disappear.

It’s unrealistic that they will disappear on their own. It’s enough that the quaggan power nodes lightning destroys em, isn’t it?

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

4 ballistas, 3 arrow carts and a cata is a lot now? I wish I would have taken a screenshot of what some guild do to keep their claimed keep safe. Atleast 2 ballistas, a metric ton of arrow carts and 3 cata’s behind gate.

Anyway I usually just do a single mount/attack and leave whenever I pass through a keep. I roam a lot and it takes only a couple of seconds.