SBI looking for new guilds to join us!

in Guilds

Posted by: Star Lancer.2901

Star Lancer.2901

Hi guys, Stormbluff Isle here. We’re now looking for new guilds, smaller or bigger ones, to weather the storm we are now facing through and take advantage of the current free transfers to go with the future.

To all our current brothers and sisters: I salute you. You’ve been with us through thick and thin and held your chin up high despite all things going against us. (Psst, help me recruit people!)

To those who have left us: I wish you luck in your current endeavours. You will always be our comrades at arms, even if it means that we will now start chucking swords at each other.

Now to the potential recruits: as you may have seen, we’ve just lost a lot of guilds that were our WvW presence. We are also calling out to current guilds in SBI who are looking for a new dimension in their game. Our falling from T1 and perhaps T2 is not saying we have thrown the towel; we are still fighting. I see this as an opportunity for anyone who wants to make their presence known in the server, whether you are a small guild or a big one. In fact, we are looking forward to making our server known that we can wreck faces even with the outmanned buff on. If the current trend is going, we might not even have to face giant zergs all day, every day!

So what does the server offer you?

• With the current influx of guilds running towards other T1/T2 servers, their queue times will be outlandishly bleh. In comparison, our queues won’t be as bad then! Like I said, we lost a lot of presence in a lot of places. This is your chance to shine!
  • A great community with the mentality of constantly growing and the “never give up attitude”. This is what earned us the title of being underdogs, but remember our bite is just as hard as our bark.
  • Our players know how to pvp.
  • We have a lot of dedicated commanders. We never give up.
  • We NEVER ever encourage cheaters! We’ll report them on sight!
  • We promote on being friendly and mutual respect. Props to our opponents, for giving us the best fights everywhere!

As I have said, if you are reading this and are looking forward to glory in WvW, this is your chance to shine! We will be waiting and looking forward to fighting with you with open arms.

If you’d like to see our server website, join us at Stormbluff Isle . A lot of our info is right there!

Looking forward to seeing you in the mists!

in Guilds

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I can imagine that when SBI finds its tier, its going to be the “go to” place for people to join up and learn how to wvw from vets who have been to Tier 1 and know all the tricks. Honorable people, good wvwers, and I think the one’s remaining have proved their loyalty! I endorse this message! For the Isle!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Guilds

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

You couldn’t find a better home than SBI.

SOR – [Boss]

in Guilds

Star Lancer.2901

Thanks for your support guys. <3

I should definitely put We were in T1 somewhere, but I’m a bit lazy to say otherwise.

in Guilds

Posted by: Gannicus.4132

Gannicus.4132

Perhaps if you wanted to do more than to follow a blue icon around meaninglessly for hours on a map, you should come join SBI.

Sir Chopsalot/ Feanor Nerwen| Confirm Guarantee Plus Chop [SG] | Stormbluff Isle

in Guilds

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I can imagine that when SBI finds its tier, its going to be the “go to” place for people to join up and learn how to wvw from vets who have been to Tier 1 and know all the tricks. Honorable people, good wvwers, and I think the one’s remaining have proved their loyalty! I endorse this message! For the Isle!

I think the ones remaining have proved they retained the quality people. A big guild would be smart to transfer here and help sculpt SBI’s new future.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Guilds

Posted by: Too Frisky.9165

Too Frisky.9165

Most of the remaining player base on SBI is made up of players not only loyal to their guilds, but players who are loyal to their server. In my experience you’ll find some of the best players on SBI as well as some of the most sincere. If you want to join an awesome server, you should join SBI.

80 Thief [Munchies Reborn]
80 Necromancer [Munchies Survives]

in Guilds

Posted by: Naznin.2584

Naznin.2584

SBI is severely outmanned in T2 right now and keep coming out to fight regardless. That’s the attitude everyone who loves playing with quality PvPers respects. Any PvP guilds transferring to SBI would find the server does them great credit.

Best wishes from a Toaster, Bluffers.

Naznin
Mists Soldier | Entrepreneur | Socialite
Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Allilliawen.7104

Allilliawen.7104

SBI has some great people who’ve stuck through the toughest fights. It’s been amazing to take part-in and learn as they ply all the tricks of the WvW trade. Last night was a case in point as we flipped back our BL then our keeps in EB with nigh on a dozen fighters.

Thanks to TCers for the props. As well good-luck to SoR if they can make it in T1. It’s been fun fighting you all.

Storm Bluff Isle (ED)

(edited by Allilliawen.7104)

in Guilds

Star Lancer.2901

Perhaps if you wanted to do more than to follow a blue icon around meaninglessly for hours on a map, you should come join SBI.

I hate to say but that is completely uncalled for. We used to have a few havoc squads running around mostly coming from smaller guilds, but they also left to join the bigger action in bigger servers like JQ and SoR.

And neither of those guilds have people sporting commander icons.

in Guilds

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I think he meant that as a compliment to SBI. Like if you want to be more than just a number in a mindless zerg come to SBI!

Anyway go SBI!

in Guilds

Posted by: skeppi.4856

skeppi.4856

SBI was competitive but it’s discouraging when you have 2-3 commanders who camp a jumping puzzle & bleed all supplies from the keep to build golems @ the JP chest and accomplish nothing.

Imo SBI is mostly left with people who hope it gets better(but won’t) and trolls. More than likely it will drop in population down to the 4th bracket and be competitive vs non 40man zerg servers. To the people that are leaving for SoR,JQQ I hope you enjoy the que times(which honestly on release made a lot more people quit this game than anything else).

cheers and go sbi trolls

The Balance [TB]
80 Engi / 2×80 Ranger / 80 War / 2×80 Mesmer / 80 Necro / 80 Thief / 80 Ele / 80 Guard

in Guilds

Posted by: MiLLenNium.5076

MiLLenNium.5076

Although I switch out from SBI. I gotta say I already miss u guys. I can vouch that SBI has some great people who’ve stuck through the toughest fights. We always liked open field combat. We taunt enemies out of the keep. We rout their zerg with our smaller forces. There is soo much great times that happened.
I hope u guys can stick it out through the storm!(which i cant) Go SBI!!

in Guilds

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

When SBI had a large portion of active guilds leave I was fulling expecting the server to roll over during this week’s matchup.

They didn’t. People continued to show up, fought hard and took as much as they could, just like TC. To continue fighting and making a stand knowing that most of your server left to join the enemy and that the week will be a painful week of being rolled by overwhelming numbers – that is spirit. Respect to SBI.

in Guilds

Posted by: Meethos.6823

Meethos.6823

just transferred to the server this weekend, my advice refrain from making the same error im sure SBI is a nice server but wvw community and thier play ability is a mess.

serious i made a large error in my judgement so take heed. so far after few days of this the next 5 days before i can transfer again wont come fast enough.

argue bicker and fail is all i can see gl SBI

in Guilds

Star Lancer.2901

another shameless bump xP

just transferred to the server this weekend, my advice refrain from making the same error im sure SBI is a nice server but wvw community and thier play ability is a mess.

serious i made a large error in my judgement so take heed. so far after few days of this the next 5 days before i can transfer again wont come fast enough.

Just remember we are STILL recovering from losing A LOT of our guilds and WvW presence recently, starting back when WM left. Give us some time to recover from that. This is still a very delicate time for ALL servers, so consider that.

And because of this, a lot of people are still QQing about all the server transfers right now.

in Guilds

Posted by: dmk.8560

dmk.8560

pretty much everything already said , it’s rough right now , but we’re still holding our own on and off for what we have. we could use any help we can get.

SBI was competitive but it’s discouraging when you have 2-3 commanders who camp a jumping puzzle & bleed all supplies from the keep to build golems @ the JP chest and accomplish nothing.

i definitely saw this last night , even at our lowest we still have random people trying to sabotage whats left , it’s sad that it has come to this.

you came in not knowing the situation , but i assume you know now , so yea , it’s a mess , but that’s why we’re trying to rebuild.

SBI

in Guilds

Posted by: skeppi.4856

skeppi.4856

Just remember we are STILL recovering from losing A LOT of our guilds and WvW presence recently, starting back when WM left. Give us some time to recover from that. This is still a very delicate time for ALL servers, so consider that.

And because of this, a lot of people are still QQing about all the server transfers right now.

We lost WM a few weeks ago and haven’t shown any signs of bouncing back infact its been the opposite SBI has fallen apart. It’s rare to see a EB que at all even at prime time I think only time there has ever been a que was reset friday and even then 1/4 of the people in are trolls sabotaging any potential we might have had. The thing is the trolls are enjoying themselves annoying anyone left so it’s not going to be a problem that goes away.

My advice is don’t go down with this sinking ship and go elsewhere if you enjoy and play the game for wvw. Just remember top tier servers are already complaining about the high lvl of que times an not being able to w3 as a guild or with friends(remember those 1+ hr wait times or even longer). So choose make your choice wisely before you do take the plunge.

The Balance [TB]
80 Engi / 2×80 Ranger / 80 War / 2×80 Mesmer / 80 Necro / 80 Thief / 80 Ele / 80 Guard

(edited by skeppi.4856)

in Guilds

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

You came in at a REALLY bad time and as such didn’t get to see what SBI is(or really WAS) truly about. Seriously, you joined right after 10+ large guilds left(not to mention WM a month or so before).

in Guilds

Posted by: Zahrah Rosa.8597

Zahrah Rosa.8597

SBI is a great server. Friendly people who will answer your questions, kill with you, revive you. Good sized groups for large scale PvE events and serious WvW determination even in the face of unbalanced numbers and culling over the last few weeks.

I think paid servers are really going to offer SBI’s balanced player base the stability in WvW to match our already stable and friendly PvE base. Because we are balanced I think the risk of our server dying because of WvW drama is low.

Those servers currently being packed with a high percentage of bandwagoners looking for WvW dominance will see a lot of burn out and rage quitting if they don’t continue to hold their own.

This game is called Guild Wars after all and guilds do best when there is stability in which to form friendships and collaborate.

in Guilds

Posted by: TaCktiX.6729

TaCktiX.6729

As a member of SBI from release onward, I’m also going to say I will never leave this server. We fight as hard as we can, but more importantly we have fun while doing it. Trolls get talked down really quick and it’s easier to find examples of kindness and respect than it is of the opposite.

We’ve been through a lot, and with the loss of a LOT of WvW guilds we’re going to drop tier, but we won’t stop fighting and having fun. If you want fun and community, SBI is the place to go.

— TaCktiX
The Tough Love Critic (http://toughlovecritic.wordpress.com)
Tack Scylla, Tack, Morina Duathi

in Guilds

Posted by: Allilliawen.7104

Allilliawen.7104

There have been a few trolls in chat…but they’re just trolling while they wait for a transfer mostly; as those names disappear a few days later.

Those who will remain will be the kind of players we prefer to have.

Storm Bluff Isle (ED)

in Guilds

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

There have been a few trolls in chat…but they’re just trolling while they wait for a transfer mostly; as those names disappear a few days later.

Those who will remain will be the kind of players we prefer to have.

^this

I am not going to lie and say everying is facerolling in WvW because it isn’t. I will tell you that we do still have guilds here that are looking to rebuild. It won’t be easy but you can be sure it will be fun.

in Guilds

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

Hi, I have been on SBI since early release and WvWvW is pretty much all I do. I have leveled 3 80s in WvWvW.

SBI WvWvW was always tactics and strategy first. The zerg became a factor too in order to counter high population servers zerg tactics.

After losing a major guild due to issues outside of the SBI community maintaining the counter zerg was hard and resulted in player burn out for many trying to hold on to our #1 status. Some felt it was easier and would be more fun to join the 24/7 zerg then to try to face it anymore.

But the core tactics and strategy players remain. There will be an adjustment period and we will fall out of the top tiers. No matter how good it is, strategy can not over come 10 to 1 odds.

I and many others here welcome this change. Mindless zerging is…well …mindless and NOT fun from either side. Yes we will drop and if you come now TBH you will face overwhelming forces. It may take some weeks before the dust settles and we get to the tier we are looking for. But as things balance out and we settle into a lower tier you will experience the BEST and MOST fun way to WvWvW. Using your skill as a player and your mind to outsmart your opponent not just total overwhelm them with your numbers.

Come join us and stick with us and I promise you will enjoy some epic battles, Some we will and win and some we will lose, But having the chance to lose is what makes it a challenge and fun. Joining a server with long queues just to follow a mindless zerg rolling over everything in your path might equal fun to some, but I can think of nothing more mundane!

Come join the friendliest, smartest, most accomplished PvPers this game has to offer. And YES we are noob and PUG friendly. We will always stop to help you learn the game because that makes it more fun for all of us. And fun is why we play.

Just FYI we have had a few new large guilds relocate here already. They see a chance to make their own mark here and not ride the coat tails of others.

Now is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what will balance out to be the proving ground of what true world PvP is supposed to be.

Come Make your Legacy on SBI

http://www.stormbluffisle.com

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Krash.9486)

in Guilds

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

So has anyone actually transferred to SBI yet? Guessing not.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Guilds

Gannicus.4132

What’s the point of this post?

Sir Chopsalot/ Feanor Nerwen| Confirm Guarantee Plus Chop [SG] | Stormbluff Isle

in Guilds

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

One of my now-best officers and confidants is formerly from SBI. To this day whenever we JQ’s start griping about you guys or trakittenalking (yeah….we gripe, yeahhhh, we trakittenalk ) she sticks up for you all saying you were one of the best servers she played on.

At any rate, props to all you who stuck to your guns even after your server fell. That’s a sort of loyalty worthy of anyone’s respect.

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

in Guilds

Posted by: Victor.7354

Victor.7354

Aside from the mess about transferring Stormbluff Isle is a server with a rich WvW history and legacy. From War Machine Island to the LoD Hammer Trains Stormbluff Isle has done it all. These legacies may have come and gone, but the mentality has not; “Steelballs Isle.” Those that remain of the WvW community do not back down, and are willing to keep trying to pursue their goals. Regardless of the opposition, big or small.

If you consider transferring to Stormbluff Isle you will find yourself in a lower tier. However, the server is currently restructing which means opportunity for new guilds, leaders, and a future. A chance to leave a legacy, your legacy.

Ex-Strike Force [SF] – Jade Quarry
Im Not A Commander – 80 Guardian
Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsOnlyVic

in Guilds

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

My relatively small PvX guild (I’m not the GM) has moved on, for the sole benefit of keeping the guild alive. But I would like to say the following…

SBI would be a great place for medium to large semi/hardcore WvW guilds to make a name for themselves. If you can bring strong direction, and active commanders then you could really pull the server back together.

For those reasonable sized guilds who don’t want to be in the mindless zerg, this is your moment.

Any guild that turns SBI around and back into a true fighting force will certainly catch the eye of all those guilds that have moved on to pastures new.

in Guilds

Amurond.4590

It’s on topic, which is more than I can say for yours.

Aside from the mess about transferring Stormbluff Isle is a server with a rich WvW history and legacy. From War Machine Island to the LoD Hammer Trains Stormbluff Isle has done it all. These legacies may have come and gone, but the mentality has not; “Steelballs Isle.” Those that remain of the WvW community do not back down, and are willing to keep trying to pursue their goals. Regardless of the opposition, big or small.

If you consider transferring to Stormbluff Isle you will find yourself in a lower tier. However, the server is currently restructing which means opportunity for new guilds, leaders, and a future. A chance to leave a legacy, your legacy.

Didn’t SF leave for JQ?

in Guilds

Posted by: johnnyjuana.6279

johnnyjuana.6279

Even against overwhelming odds we still fight the good fight. SBI needs good, dedicated guilds to join our fight. we were still able to take over SM with much smaller numbers than our opponents!!

Attachments:

lvl 80 mesmer[ZOOM]
SBI

in Guilds

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I left sbi about 2 weeks ago because i couldnt find a small-medium guild that does pve and wvw…casual, laid back…one that i could grow with. Might come back to try to find a guild…especially since i am more into wvw. I like my currwnt guild and server even tho we are going through a hard time though. We will see.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Guilds

Gannicus.4132

It’s on topic, which is more than I can say for yours.

touche.

in Guilds

Posted by: Fey.9036

Fey.9036

SBI – no retreat, no surrender.

Fey – Dark Covenant [DC] on SBI

in Guilds

Amurond.4590

Last chance to free transfer to SBI.

We are still putting up a good fight.

With an extra one or two decent sized guilds, we could stabilise in the one of the mid-tiers.

Think about coming to SBI!

in Guilds

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

We never surrender , come and play with the elite.

Last change to come and see ours epic figths.

LX wants you all, if you wanna have fun and good times join SBI.

Cheers on Regards.

Salute.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion