SEA WvW Guild Looking For New Server

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

There is not a single big East Asian guild in EU bracket, so why would ppl think they would consider european server at the first place?

I blame ANET for this. NA top 9 servers have 2-3 times better coverage than EU.

Maybe so but our opposition still has a strong night capping force. We have quality not quantity, why do you think were still just in the High populated category!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

(edited by Cradorell.3941)

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I do not even think we have a SEA guild on our server. But if you read these threads you know SF has a pretty decent US daytime crew and we are looking for some more US nighttime support to round out our server. Just imagine, you could be the first (but hopefully not the last) SEA guild to help build up out rankings. We should (crosses fingers) be getting out of T8 soon and with some decent US nightime support will move up even further.

Please consider being the start of a strong SEA community on Sorrow’s Furnace.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Here’s my advice. Eliminate any server that has guilds which tell you not to go to their rival server. It’s like reverse recruiting.

If you ask any of the guilds who have recently transferred to JQ, they will tell you that without a doubt the most transfer friendly server is JQ. We let guilds make their own hours, choose their own maps and run how they want to run.

We support our guilds and work as a team.

Above all, we have a lot of fun doing it. Frequently, I have to take breaks because I am laughing so hard.

If you’re more about people than about numbers and ratings and who caps who and who is this or that, come to JQ. We have real people, not canned!

lol own hours/choose maps etc cuz you have SOOO many people it doesn’t matter which map and when anyone queues to… lol

I loled too!

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Maybe so but our opposition still has a strong night capping force. We have quality not quantity, why do you think were still just in the High populated category!

First thing, I wasn’t refer to your post. 2nd, why the strongest EU server wants Asian guild? You want to make T1 exciting like T8? And the last point but the least.. In EU ladder quantity>quality, coz the server who got more numbers/better coverage wins.

[IRON]

in WvW

Cradorell.3941

First thing, I wasn’t refer to your post. 2nd, why the strongest EU server wants Asian guild? You want to make T1 exciting like T8? And the last point but the least.. In EU ladder quantity>quality, coz the server who got more numbers/better coverage wins.

Wrong again, my american friend! Vizunah square has more numbers! But are weak

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

server: Ehmry Bay

Active SEA/Oceanic guilds in the server? Nope.

We have sleep deprived Americans We’ve been holding our position mostly because of our strong NA crew lol

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

Vertigo, I’m not sure why your guild is leaving your current server and it’s none of my business but if drama or fair weather players are the reason for your move then I suggest TC for a no drama, fun, and very stable gaming experience.
I cannot provide you information on our SEA guilds other than whoever is playing in that slot is going up against some pretty stiff competition currently and manages to keep the points tight for the most part for the NA people.

In a nutshell, should you chose TC as a new home it won’t be a cakewalk for you and yours but it will be a fun challenge where your guild can make a difference.Good luck wherever you go.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Whitebeard.5172)

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I would love to see you on tarnished coast. We’re strong and getting stronger all the time.

(We’ll welcome you with hugs, kisses, love, and many huge smiles. No, but seriously, people will cheer for you every time they see you. We’re just that kinda group!)

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Here’s my advice. Eliminate any server that has guilds which tell you not to go to their rival server. It’s like reverse recruiting.

If you ask any of the guilds who have recently transferred to JQ, they will tell you that without a doubt the most transfer friendly server is JQ. We let guilds make their own hours, choose their own maps and run how they want to run.

We support our guilds and work as a team.

Above all, we have a lot of fun doing it. Frequently, I have to take breaks because I am laughing so hard.

If you’re more about people than about numbers and ratings and who caps who and who is this or that, come to JQ. We have real people, not canned!

That’s interesting, my friends that I speak to who are on Jade Quarry tell me otherwise.

If Jade Quarry support their guilds and works as a team then why did it leave FOO completely isolated to fight against Blackgate last Friday?

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Cradorell.3941

All of you are changing the topic, lets stick to communicating with AFS, instead of starting a forum war

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

No offense to servers that have zero coverage in terms of SEA crews at the moment.
But to simply ask them over and function as the only guild is to indirectly tell them to PvDoor all the time they are online.

No doubt you can call that contribution but I don’t think it can be fun for them and it severely limits their game options during the time they are online to just ram keeps with no opposition at all.

Assuming they intend to move to another T1 NA server, it will be a complex decision.

Do they want to just steamroll and not have to do anything else? JQ then, it has unbeatable SEA coverage at the moment.

Would they like to be part of a force that offer competitive (competitive does not mean stacked) challenge to JQ’s enviable SEA coverage? BG would offer that chance

What about fighting an uphill battle and outmanned which poses for a great challenge? SoR would the one

What is the guild’s favoured play style? havoc squads? defending? camp flipping? working with large guilds? running with large guilds?

Are we familiar with the other guilds or have we enjoyed working with them in the past?

Do we want to be competitive? Do we want some challenge without having to face the insurmountable? Do we have another crew we can hand over our efforts to? Do we want to create another HoD 2.0?

All these will be factors up for consideration.

Every server is going to say we are friendly, we are the best, we are this and we are that. They are also going to say we are weak and the opponent is too strong.

Alot of information about the strength of various timezones and the “notoriety” of guilds are openly discussed often which gives a fairly good indication.

At the end of the day, although I hope AFS could join the BG crew, the decision where AFS moves to has to be respected.

Cheers and may you guys find a server that will meet your needs.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by BenL.5312)

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I play on Blackgate so obviously I’m biased but I really hope you choose our server.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Alliance of the Forgotten Seas is a South East Asian guild that’s focused on World vs World.

Where are we from?

We are currently located in Sea of Sorrows, however have decided to move on from this server due to recent events that happen to the server.

Who is AFS?

We are a small guild with about 300 members currently and field around 20-30 people during our primetime on weekdays while during weekends we have atleast 50 people on before, during and after our primetime.

What is AFS?

We are not like other larger guilds where instead of zerging down our enemies, we preffer to keep our precense on field as low as possible and perform behind enemy lines and play with our enemy’s minds. To those who have played with us know how well we do just that.

What kind of server are we looking for?

Although many have asked or requested us to speak with thier server representatives, we preffer to make things simple and only request three things from any server that is interested in our services.
1.List the number of Active SEA guilds in your server.
2.Give examples of how those guilds have worked together in the past (for example produce a short 3-5 min video of yourselves).
3.Show us examples of how that server’s community is Strong and supportive of the guilds which participate in WvW for them.

AFS does not wish to be offered gold/money when we decide on transfering to a new server, we however wish for that community of that server to cooperate with us on the move when it happens.

Please do not whisper/mail me ingame, as my inbox ingame has limited space.

If you wish to ask questions or setup a meeting with myself and my officers you can post it here.

Thank you for your time in reading this, we hope that this clarifies all the various questions that have been asked of us.

Hello Vertigo,

If you are on SOS then you may recall fighting against Fort Aspenwood as recently as a month ago. We have continued to make our presence felt in tier 2 and would love to bring more talented people in to the fold.

In order to provide some background on our server, please refer to this thread. It has been our call for SEA and EU guilds for several weeks. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fort-aspenwood-needs-your-SEA-EU-guilds/first

It outlines our desire for more like minded guilds and folks that prefer skill over quantity (ie zerg balls)

My guild Armored Fist operates in small groups and prefers to disrupt enemy supply lines, camps and provides resistance to larger forces.

I originally moved from IOJ when it was going through some troubled times and I found an amazing home here in FA. They were a very like minded WvW server who had been enduring the same fair weather players as ourselves. When we made the move, it considerably strengthened our WvW core and we advanced to Tier 2 where we have held our own for 3 straight weeks.

If you’d like to join a group of players that will appreciate your contributions and work towards setting you up for a good evening, our strong NA team would love to provide support for you.

I am not a guild leader, but if you refer to my link above, you will find contacts for our most prominent guild leaders.

Best of luck on the move whether you decide to join FA or not

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I’m tempted to you recruit you guys into Crystal Desert, but seriously, you guys should decide this by yourself; so you don’t regret it in the future.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Hey fellow SoS-players! Really cool to see you stuck to SoS for so long.

If you don’t mind doing PvDoor then EU is a viable option, but if you want to face organized resistance then I’d have to say NA is the clear cut option. NA servers have a much larger spread of coverage, Sea-Oceanic-NA while EU servers only has EU. Sometimes there are guilds out nightcapping on EU T1 but they only care about PPT and not actually fighting, usually though it’s just random people, if any people are on even, fleeing at first sight of an organized enemy, so yea, that’s EU for you!

I’ve played on the 2 currently best EU English-speaking servers so if you want more info on how EU is for NA players just PM me.

I do hope you find a good server though that takes good care of you!

Teelie l VoTF

(edited by Teel.9036)

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

Alliance of the Forgotten Seas is a South East Asian guild that’s focused on World vs World.

Where are we from?

We are currently located in Sea of Sorrows, however have decided to move on from this server due to recent events that happen to the server.

Who is AFS?

We are a small guild with about 300 members currently and field around 20-30 people during our primetime on weekdays while during weekends we have atleast 50 people on before, during and after our primetime.

What is AFS?

We are not like other larger guilds where instead of zerging down our enemies, we preffer to keep our precense on field as low as possible and perform behind enemy lines and play with our enemy’s minds. To those who have played with us know how well we do just that.

What kind of server are we looking for?

Although many have asked or requested us to speak with thier server representatives, we preffer to make things simple and only request three things from any server that is interested in our services.
2.Give examples of how those guilds have worked together in the past (for example produce a short 3-5 min video of yourselves).
3.Show us examples of how that server’s community is Strong and supportive of the guilds which participate in WvW for them.

AFS does not wish to be offered gold/money when we decide on transfering to a new server, we however wish for that community of that server to cooperate with us on the move when it happens.

Please do not whisper/mail me ingame, as my inbox ingame has limited space.

If you wish to ask questions or setup a meeting with myself and my officers you can post it here.

Thank you for your time in reading this, we hope that this clarifies all the various questions that have been asked of us.

Let me narrow it down for you.

It seems like T4/5 action isn’t enough action for your guild and you guys want to get back in T1/2 action.

Here are your options:

T1 – JQ/BG/SOR
You don’t want to join JQ because that’s bangwagoning your way to victory. Besides you get to fight FoO on JQ so transfers to BG or SOR. You don’t want to transfer to BG because that too is bangwagoning and BG paid for transfers. That leaves SOR that is in need of your coverage slot

T2 – Kei/FA/TC
You will probably want to join either FA or TC so you guys can fight WM.

There you go. I narrowed it down to 3 servers; FA, TC, and SoR.

P.S. I’m on JQ

I really wish people would stop saying that BG paid for transfers. The issue has been clarified countless times and it is simply flogging a dead horse and trying to discredit another server

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Perceptor.7189

Perceptor.7189

All of you are changing the topic, lets stick to communicating with AFS, instead of starting a forum war

+1 on this, save the post war for the server matchup thread

also, no idea what ASF really hope for wvw, because, if they want to fight the same adversary week after week, well you guys can go to any of the tier 2 or tier 1 servers, in the other hand, t3 and below can offer different opponents every few weeks, what make the fight more interesting and fun (and you can save some money avoiding the transfer imho).

o btw, you can join Yak’s bend if you haven’t decided yet, we have great ppl and we’re always looking for others guild to share the fun (especially asian and oceanic guilds).

Commander Morkdar – lvl 80 Engineer
Commander Roter Fangblood – lvl 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

There you go. I narrowed it down to 3 servers; FA, TC, and SoR.

Funny, I came to the same conclusion, minus FA…because arch rivals!! :-P

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

I can guarantee you will not PvDoor on Yak’s Bend. You will be fighting Dragonbrand’s forces, and eventually Maguuma’s after SoS falls from this tier.

You guys have been fighting us for a few weeks, now. You see how hard our SEA/Oceanic crew fights! They pull off some crazy kitten and they could use some help to mess with our enemies’ minds!!

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

I’m from CD but I would vouch for TC because I like them the most after my own server. SoR could also be a good choice to help them in their coverage gap in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

No offense to servers that have zero coverage in terms of SEA crews at the moment.
But to simply ask them over and function as the only guild is to indirectly tell them to PvDoor all the time they are online.

No doubt you can call that contribution but I don’t think it can be fun for them and it severely limits their game options during the time they are online to just ram keeps with no opposition at all.

Assuming they intend to move to another T1 NA server, it will be a complex decision.

Do they want to just steamroll and not have to do anything else? JQ then, it has unbeatable SEA coverage at the moment.

Would they like to be part of a force that offer competitive (competitive does not mean stacked) challenge to JQ’s enviable SEA coverage? BG would offer that chance

What about fighting an uphill battle and outmanned which poses for a great challenge? SoR would the one

What is the guild’s favoured play style? havoc squads? defending? camp flipping? working with large guilds? running with large guilds?

Are we familiar with the other guilds or have we enjoyed working with them in the past?

Do we want to be competitive? Do we want some challenge without having to face the insurmountable? Do we have another crew we can hand over our efforts to? Do we want to create another HoD 2.0?

All these will be factors up for consideration.

Every server is going to say we are friendly, we are the best, we are this and we are that. They are also going to say we are weak and the opponent is too strong.

Alot of information about the strength of various timezones and the “notoriety” of guilds are openly discussed often which gives a fairly good indication.

At the end of the day, although I hope AFS could join the BG crew, the decision where AFS moves to has to be respected.

Cheers and may you guys find a server that will meet your needs.

I disagree with this somewhat . He’s right about Jq. If you want to afk first place every week, then please just join Jq . As proven with the score this week. BG guilds basically had to pull all nighters at the end of last week to pull first, to the point where we crashed and burned out this week. We just can’t sustain the coverage the JQ has. Not complaining, just the facts. I would love more SEA guilds on Bg. I think this server is great and has awesome people in it and we have the best shot as dethroning JQ. The problem is SOR isn’t going anywhere. They have some tough as nails guilds and none of the lower tier servers will keep them out of T1 for long. Their NA is proven. They just need some over night coverage to stop the ppt bleeding during the week. I feel that having a more competitive SOR will be better for T1 and better for BG . That way SOR plays for 1# every week instead of trying to be king makers.

TL;DR if you want to be most competitive for first place T1 join BG. If you want your guild to have the greatest impact on a server making them competitive, then join SOR.

(edited by Darkjoy.3092)

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Knowing AFS playstyle, they would compliment what BG’s SEA guilds are doing right now really well, and allow MERC to log off at a more reasonable hour each night.

They would see themselves performing a more primary Float role on SoR as they would be the largest single force in the field and not complimenting another group.

They would benefit either server greatly.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Now that T2 has nonstop fighting due to the coverage levels of KN/FA/TC, you’d have to be crazy to join the bloated, drama filled, burn-out inducing T1 servers.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

we never advertise for guilds to join our server, but we would be glad if you came to Dragonbrand! We have an oceanic guilds waiting for you and also our NA guilds!

We need all the guilds we can get, we as a server are shooting for Tier 2!

Coming from SoS, you should know how we play and do. Let us know!

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

I guess people in T1 and T2 forget there are 8 tiers. For some reason everyone assumes every guild wants to move up to T1. Vertigo, although I am inviting you to check out Yaks Bend. I really think you should also consider queue times, and with the culling being removed zerg/lag fests in T1 & T2 Maybe you should try your luck somewhere in T3 &T4 or below

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

I would advise that you narrow the list down to a handful of servers then send a few of your own players to observe the communities and WvW first hand. Nothing beats first hand experience in gauging what will work best for you, even if it is a bit expensive. Read up on on both server forums and this official one. Good luck and hope you find a nice home that will work for you.

Edit: As a TC player from Day 1, if you’re looking for a non Tier 1/2 server, Yak’s Bend is pretty awesome. Always had good experiences fighting them, and they’re resilient.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

I wont offer an opinion on JQ or SoR since you are familiar enough with them from T1.

BG – Cool server with great Oceanic/SEA guilds. If T1 is what you want again, I can only offer good things to say about BG.

Kain – My server (so obviously biased). I still think Kain has great potential. We have only been together as a server for a relatively short amount of time and only just finalized getting everyone onto the same communications server. Now we are starting to improve in terms of co-ordination and teamwork, which would be an ideal time for a new guild to come and join in and get to have their say in how we move forward with WvW in Kain. If you want a fresh start on a server that is still rapidly improving itself, choose Kain.
I’d also say the opportunity to work with WM should not be taken lightly, those guys have helped improve a lot of the people and guilds on this server drastically and as a Kain original I can safely say they changed the whole ethos of the server to one hungry for highly organised battle. Some of the best fun i have is getting to run with Jang in EB when my guild isn’t out in force, and since he is on like 15 hours a day, you can get infinite lootbags at any time of day on Kain.
WM, Meow and KoR are probably the main guilds you would be working with, and TC and FA will testify, those guys know how to WvW.

FA – Unfortunately don’t have a strong SEA. It would be an uphill battle for very little reward/appreciation, but a challenge might be what you are looking for and you would be testing yourself against WM (could be either depressing or rewarding).

TC – Again slightly lacking in this timezone, but a great server with a solid community. You would definitely feel appreciated on TC, and they would all be super nice.

Hope my somewhat biased opinions help a little :P
GL on whichever server you choose.

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Ehmry Bay – http://www.ehmry.com/

We boast one of the largest, most active server forums, a public teamspeak, little nighttime presence, and a T4/T5 population (little to no queues unless guilds are coordinating). Our guilds work great together for the most part as well, and we have a server-wide guild bounties event to help guilds get credit for T3 missions.

In response to your requests:

None

See our forums, PvP section. Requires registration.

Again, please refer to our forums. I feel they represent our community very well, both the good and bad of it.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoR would be your best choice. We have NYS/SYN going out every night to help us and could use another big SEA guild to help us out against the hordes of JQ asians.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

One more addition to kaineng ~ if you guys like fun events like name that tune, or karaoke, bring your funnest attitudes

We like to have fun, it’s not all srs business. Your playstyle would compliment our APAC/SEA guilds nicely, as a lot of our guilds work hard to build/upgrade keeps, we could use the diversionary strengths your guild could provide.

If I were to suggest out of kindness/respect alternatives…. other servers. The most formidable and respectful opponents I’ve faced are hands down BG & TC. I am on NA servers so I can not speak to EU servers.

In the end, where you like to play (it sounds likely you don’t want to be solely dependent, unless I read that wrong, so you want to have other guilds who will be on the maps) and how you like to play … I wish you the best in your venture, but do consider the servers I noted. They are all very formidable and have there own strengths and weaknesses.

~ X [RE], Kaineng

I’ll even let you pick a random song for me to sing for giggles .. tell me what other server has offered that ;-)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Whoa… You just waved a chocolate bar in front of twenty fat kids. We all want you. The reality is your going to have two choices out of any of these servers. Play PvD or face large numbers and spend a lot of time defending a small area. The problem is that Asian and sea guilds tend to stay together and attract others alike so few servers get all the chocolate bars. For my server, Dragonbrand, we are lucky to have Guilds like NNK and TFV whose loyalty never wavers. They fight hard for us and In turn us NA try to hold on to whatever we can for them. You will get nothing but respect from DB’s players but like I said the tier we are currently in our server’s sea outnumbers the others. If and when we move up to tier 2 there will be a lot more action for you. This would be pending our NA forces increasing though our server is more humble than most not actively recruiting. We tend to wait and let guilds choose us rather than shout out for everyone to join us. Good luck in whatever new home you choose.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

Well Aurora Glade has a very friendly community and potential to move up in tiers, also let’s be honest, we have a lack in the SEA timezone, so you would be a huge help to the server Anyway, I hope you’re going to have a good time on whatever server you are going to play!

And I don’t know wether you’re looking for an EU server or a NA server

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in WvW

Posted by: Abrahm.5836

Abrahm.5836

Hello Vertigo. I play on Yak’s Bend (in RAWR guild) and I must say in all honesty it is the best community of players I have ever been a part of in any game. We may not always win in WVW, but people know that they are going to get a hell of a fight from us. We could use an oceanic server to help our brave overnight crew. We came in second (1 vote from 1st) as the favorite server to fight against in 2012. This is because people know they are going to get a good fight and we treat other servers as respected foes. We also have a strong PVE community for when you might wanna break from WVW for abit. Check out yaksbend.com and feel free to post there. I am sure you would get a heck of a response and perhaps learn more about us so you can make an educated decision before transferring your entire guild over. I do believe you would really enjoy it here though. Good luck in your decision. I look forward to fighting along your side in future battles! Take care.

in WvW

Posted by: Naerin.6753

Naerin.6753

I’m from Blackgate, and to be completely honest – I would recommend picking a t2 NA server – particularly Tarnished Coast or kaineng. Another competetive server will help stop the current gridlock we seem to be in and make things a bit more competetive for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

Hey, Henge of Denravi would love to have you with us! We have great server unity in WvW and in our community. We’re known for our strategies and great sportsmanship even when we’re outnumbered 1:5. Here is a brief list of some big guilds in our WvW community.
North American guilds-
Phaze[PHZE]
Zombie Land[WvW]
The Light Keepers[LK]
The Dragonguard[GARD]
Tarnished Alliance[TA]
Genesis Theory[GT]
Easy Company[EC]
Can’t Stand Idiots[CSI]
Legion of Tormented souls[LOST]
The Amazing Rondo[RNDO]

Our guilds that are not North American(both have about 250+)
Shimmering Darkness[SD]
Charter Vanguard[CV]

This is just a brief list of some of the regular largish guilds in WvW. we bring the force at day time but at night and morning we could improve our coverage. Tons of smaller guilds have not been mentioned but they are also represented in the server.

Our Alliance
Guardians of Denravi
We are united under one ventrilo where guilds come together to talk and instead of having feuds we have a good time regardless of what guild you’re from! We usually get hundreds of people on when we are seriously WvWing! No guild is above another and all are welcome to join us, everyone is represented and known.

We’d love to talk to you guys personally in game and set up a meeting sometime to get to introduce ourselves! And we will post multiple videos soon!

Genesis Theory [GT]

(edited by Linanthony.1809)

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Our guilds that are not North American(both have about 200)
Shimmering Darkness[SD]
Charter Vanguard[CV]

I’m one of the GL’s from the Charter Vanguard, and also from SEA. We’re actually an international guild with a large NA presence, but as Linanthony mentioned, there’s a considerably large portion of the guild from GMT +8. Guild size is nearly 300 btw. SD happens to be similarly international with a large SEA presence too, and we often play WvW together, and sometimes organize larger groups. There’s a third SEA guild from HK called FARM, and they often run with us as well.

You guys would be very welcome on the Henge of Denravi server if you decide to come, especially considering we are a smaller server. If you want to make a large impact, move to a low tier server that needs more players vs the ones that are already full up, and queued.

Communities at Tier 7 are somewhat smaller, so 5-man guerilla tactics are pretty rampant. Every man counts, and every contribution makes a difference.

Here is a video of us running golems together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjx6va_IB0&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUaiXK682FYZ4oKZcWQ11HhQ

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

JQQ has no shame… The best SEA coverage in the whole game and still recruiting… Competition whats that?

I’de suggest you guys consider Kaineng or BG <3 – MERC, ND, Thai & Urge could use some company!

Was always good to have you guys on map with us back on SoS

As to your criteria I’de say last week was a pretty good example of the Blackgate SEA guilds working together ;P

Between MERC, ND, Thai, Urge we managed to pull together and full cap all borderlands, not through coverage but via constant communication via our TS and our floating / stationary teams which allowed for a 500 ppt even against JQ’s stacked SEA. Ofc we’re paying for it this week with most our guilds being burnt out / tired and JQ being as ferocious as ever, but we worked together flawlessly to achieve the goal; beating JQ.

It’s pretty hilarious that you claim to have a 500 PPT while not having superior coverage/players at the time, just sayin.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in WvW

Posted by: Vertigo.1470

Vertigo.1470

Thank you for the overwhelming number of responses, have decided to wait until after the 26th March patch and then discuss our options within the guild. Once we have decided we will then contact the servers which we will be interested in joining. For now feel free to continue posting on this thread as we will definitely read up on your suggestions.

Again, we thank you for all your prompt responses.

Grekkz
Guild Master [AFS] Alliance of the Forgotten Seas

in WvW

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

Once you’ve decided on your guilds, please tell on the forums that you’ve picked so we won’t be left hanging you don’t have to list the ones you picked just that you have done so

Genesis Theory [GT]

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Sorry, not many Starcraft players on Gunnars Hold. Good luck in your search and may you find what you seek.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Harvest.3108

Harvest.3108

To Grekkz, sNyc, Stealth

It’s rough dirty business trying to find a suitable home for your community with so many special interest groups lobbying. So rather than trying to pitch WvW viability, ambitions, self fulfilling prophecies.

I’m just going to say this, SoR server community is stress tested, and time proven. The same core guilds exist on SoR since it was in 17th place. And would if it was still 17th. SoR community is peerless, with GSCH taking the role as dedicated curators of the server community solemnly. As such, as a community driven PvX guild, SoR was the only choice for OCX.

As intotheblue iterated, we would be ecstatic if AFS chose SoR as their home. As for your preferred play style it would be supported on SoR. Recruitment for a SEA guild isn’t over saturated on SoR as it would be in other T1 servers. And speaking from experience you will lose some people moving so this should be a top priority.

In WvW, AFS was a cornerstone to the SoS WvW community. And shall be on SoR if you choose. Your guilds tenacity and dedication to your art is beyond scrutiny. If you call for help on your map, it won’t fall on deaf ears. Like a good neighbor, SoR SEA/AU guilds are there. When your house is burning down we’ll bring buckets and stay all night putting the fires out. And won’t ask you to buy us a drink and shake our hand the next day.

On SoR we’re looking for friends.

We’re not here to compete with each other. Unlike some SoS expatriots. SoR guilds won’t swoop in and dilute the potency of your hard work and try to take the glory.

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tugvf_Ze8U8

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

JQQ has no shame… The best SEA coverage in the whole game and still recruiting… Competition whats that?

I’de suggest you guys consider Kaineng or BG <3 – MERC, ND, Thai & Urge could use some company!

As to your criteria I’de say last week was a pretty good example of the Blackgate SEA guilds working together ;P

Between MERC, ND, Thai, Urge we managed to pull together and full cap all borderlands, not through coverage but via constant communication via our TS and our floating / stationary teams which allowed for a 500 ppt even against JQ’s stacked SEA. Ofc we’re paying for it this week with most our guilds being burnt out / tired and JQ being as ferocious as ever, but we worked together flawlessly to achieve the goal; beating JQ.

It’s pretty hilarious that you claim to have a 500 PPT while not having superior coverage/players at the time, just sayin.

Yes, because KnT an NA guild pulled an all nighter as did the AoI alliance they stayed up well past the Oceanic timezone and into the SEA to help us achieve this. This is the character of the BG community willing to push hard like this when requested of them.

Meanwhile JQ left FoO to fight us all alone, where was this epic surge of JQ might which they showed us on the weekend out numbering us on all maps and for the last 2 days on Friday? That to me shows a lack of commitment which JQ has “Oh 500 ppt” “Lets not log in to wvw it might be hard”.

On Friday morning (GMT+8) I started commanding at 10am and MERC was out in force by 11am and we pushed through till reset (8am). This was the reason we had 500 ppt in that timezone because both our NA and SEA come together to push as hard as we could, after I logged off Saturday I’de been commanding for 21 hours so that we keep the ppt 400+ all night.

JQers tend to forget, BG has superior ppt during Oceanic yes, but as soon as FoO and all your SEA hordes log on we are simply out numbered and cannot compete. We only competed last Friday because we managed to get a T3 keep or 2 across all maps which allowed us to maintain our footholds in the maps. We held SoR BL with 10 people, BG BL with 20 and had our main forces on JQ BL and EB.

I’de hope you guys would consider BG or Kaineng as your choices both tops servers.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: Ishtar.6409

Ishtar.6409

In response to your 3rd question, ‘3.Show us examples of how that server’s community is Strong and supportive of the guilds which participate in WvW for them.’
The example which is currently strongest in my mind is what happened on Blackgate at the end of last week. We saw how close we were in points to JQ so the oceanics/SEA teamed with the NA and helped them during their prime and the NA teamed with the oceanics/SEA and helped them during their prime. On top of this we put shout outs in LA and the pve/casual wvw players heard that call and hopped into wvw to help us out. I think this is an amazing example of the servers community.
I chose to answer only the 3rd question because I read the thread and felt that was the most neglected question, people responded more to the other 2. I’m in MERC and would love the opportunity to work with you guys again but ultimately the choice of where you go belongs to your guild. So I wish you the best of luck with wherever you choose to go and applaud you on the wise decision of taking your time to decide.

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Vertigo, is AFS looking for specific tiers/servers (eg T1 or T2, nothing less or non-zergy servers only), or are all servers on the table to choose from?

Would help to clarify this, and possibly cut down on all the recruitment spam.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Harvest.3108

Harvest.3108

Why are there so many MERC members back pedaling and spamming this thread. You have made your case spamming the thread isn’t going to get you any merit points.

in WvW

Posted by: Sev.5769

Sev.5769

As a SEA player from Kaineng myself, I am going to offer a SEA player’s point of view – It would be good, if you’re really looking for a permanent place to settle down, to read up on the former and current matchup threads of servers that you find yourself interested in joining. Every server will make some form of claim or the other to being “friendly”, “mature”, “having teamwork”, but it’s by watching how their people behave under pressure that you really get a clear picture of who they are.

The reason I say this is because during Kaineng’s rise through the ranks, we’ve constantly been bombarded with accusations of our guilds botting (due to some of our guilds’ rigid formations), PvDooring (Because any time not NA prime time is nightcapping and isn’t the “honourable” time to be playing). And the main reason all the nonsense is because we have several very strong SEA/Oceanic guilds that tend to have different doctrines with regards to teamplay, and just so happen to play during a time when most of the NA – heavy servers we have competed with have less people on.

The other side of it is, a lot of said servers actually do have a SEA/Oceanic presence, but because our presence during that timezone just happens to be much stronger, their SEA/Oceanic populations tend to be pushed back on the defensive, forced to fight against bad odds. Sometimes they even do a great job of it, but you’ll still see this on the forums from the rest of their non – SEA/Oceanic crew: “Lol Kaineng only wins by PvDooring, by capping undefended keeps, by playing during a time when we have no one defending”. Yes, despite their SEA/Oceanic crew valiantly defending against superior numbers you’ll still be “no one”. Irrelevant, apparently, because you still lost ground.

So – You’ll find many servers who make grand claims about how welcome you will be, but being an Asian player having been on the receiving end of much of this drivel, I would really suggest that you consider whether or not your server is one that truly considers a SEA/Oceanic crew – Opponents or allies alike – to be guilds worthy of respect and equal treatment. Not just treating you as another guild to plug their coverage hole – while dismissing your efforts when you lose, and being deregatory towards entire peoples playing during a different timezone when it becomes the convenient excuse to rationalize their losses.

Sev Dreamweaver

(edited by Sev.5769)

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

May as well throw NSP into the mix, if you want to make a difference were a tier 7 server with upwards of tier 5 potential, we’ve had great matches over the last few months with everyone between tier 5-7…to your 3 questions
1. right now from my knowledge we do not really have any big SEA guilds but we do have some players who play from that time spread across various guilds, this would make your prescence heavily felt and appretiated especially by a lot of us NA folks who have been pulling very late night shifts…our big guilds in the server though in general are TFG, Os, ZoS, MoB, NSP, ROFL and than many other medium an small guilds that help contribute
2. I do not take videos sorry but for our coordination we are actually reforming and now would be the perfect time to get a good SEA guild in the new alliance we are making and you could have a say into what direction we wish the server to go
3. Many of these guilds are the leaders and heavily represent in WVW every night, MoB loves the community so much they came back after a short vacation to another server! As said we are building a new alliance within the community that you will be a part of which will have meetings, a server website and VOIP system!

We are also a very fun enjoyable server that likes to play to win but also have fun, we always have fun in map/team chats and enjoy playing together! Plus we have beer and cookies!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: streamdevil.3867

streamdevil.3867

you may want to try crystal desert since 4 major guilds are from South East Asia……

you can pm me to know more about us

[INVC] streamdevil, TC

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Yes, because KnT an NA guild pulled an all nighter as did the AoI alliance they stayed up well past the Oceanic timezone and into the SEA to help us achieve this. This is the character of the BG community willing to push hard like this when requested of them.

Meanwhile JQ left FoO to fight us all alone, where was this epic surge of JQ might which they showed us on the weekend out numbering us on all maps and for the last 2 days on Friday? That to me shows a lack of commitment which JQ has “Oh 500 ppt” “Lets not log in to wvw it might be hard”.

On Friday morning (GMT+8) I started commanding at 10am and MERC was out in force by 11am and we pushed through till reset (8am). This was the reason we had 500 ppt in that timezone because both our NA and SEA come together to push as hard as we could, after I logged off Saturday I’de been commanding for 21 hours so that we keep the ppt 400+ all night.

JQers tend to forget, BG has superior ppt during Oceanic yes, but as soon as FoO and all your SEA hordes log on we are simply out numbered and cannot compete. We only competed last Friday because we managed to get a T3 keep or 2 across all maps which allowed us to maintain our footholds in the maps. We held SoR BL with 10 people, BG BL with 20 and had our main forces on JQ BL and EB.

I’de hope you guys would consider BG or Kaineng as your choices both tops servers.

This thread shouldn’t really be about MERC chest thumping. Please keep it AFS focused…

in WvW

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

For the next week, all the medium population servers will be free to transfer to. Might be worth giving one of them a look!