SF / ET / FC Score difference

in WvW

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

How does this continue to happen?

As of this post. SF is winning by a score of 366,912 – 95,079 – 91.958.

This is going according to someone’s plan?

in WvW

Posted by: McWiffles.5798

McWiffles.5798

I’m in FC and I know how it feels. I was a big WvW…but now everytime we man an attack, and we try quite often, SF comes in with like twice our numbers and we are shut out. Haven’t been in that castle in a looooong time. Especially since I need 2 points in EB to finish WC…

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

I dont mind getting my kitten handed to me every so often, but when they can mount 3 zerg groups for 3 different parts of the map, and each group is bigger than what we have in the whole zone, it’s gets redundant.

in WvW

Posted by: Rogi.8720

Rogi.8720

Move your guilds over to SoR and have some fun with us.

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The real issue is how SF can continue to dominate like this for weeks upon weeks, and still have no chance to move into T7.

It seems most weeks they even lose overall points despite dominating. How long does a server have to dominate a tier before it gets a chance to move up? The ratings system is broken.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

move your guilds to t8 and make a noticeable difference whenever youre active instead of just being another 1 in 50

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

move your guilds to t8 and make a noticeable difference whenever youre active instead of just being another 1 in 50

Higher tier are plain boring… People will only, at best, regonize your guild tag…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Please stop making be backcap supply camps :P

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

The real issue is how SF can continue to dominate like this for weeks upon weeks, and still have no chance to move into T7.

It seems most weeks they even lose overall points despite dominating. How long does a server have to dominate a tier before it gets a chance to move up? The ratings system is broken.

This is not true if you look at the history….the problem was when we landed in T8 the scores of the other teams were so low.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

This is not true if you look at the history….the problem was when we landed in T8 the scores of the other teams were so low.

Past blowouts have drained so much rating from ET/FC, that SF is stuck in having to squeeze Water out of a Rock.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Um, I believe that is what I was trying to say. No matter how high SF dominates in the weekly matchup, they have very little chance of moving out of Tier 8 because their overall ranking can still drop.

That wasn’t a dig at SF. It was an observation about the ratings system. And yes, ET and FC having such low scores when SF got here is a lot to do with the problem.

Any server like SF who dominates for this many weeks should not be penalized because they are stuck in the Glicko Ghetto. It really does have a lot to do with the servers in T8 having to previously face two giants in DR and Kaining who both had problems themselves escaping T8. ET & FC scores are so low now, it makes moving out of T8 a near impossibility for SF.

What more can SF possibly do to move up to T7? Not a whole lot in reality. SF dominates the weekly matches. It is not their fault they are stuck, but it surely is a travesty.

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

No I know that but we are so close, and would have bee out already if people on our server didn’t get bored with the current match up. We are gaining 50pts this week and about 50 pts under HoD after the reset tonight so hopefully we will be out next week if we push hard.

I didn’t take it as a dig, the system suck and just want to move out of here and good luck to HoD when they slide down.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

sf is just 2 big imo they do the 5 zergs of 120+ people minium on every map and we only have 4 people on the eb and the bls put togheter sf neesd 2 be nerfed ty anet :vvvvv)

Disciple of Quag

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

sf is just 2 big imo they do the 5 zergs of 120+ people minium on every map and we only have 4 people on the eb and the bls put togheter sf neesd 2 be nerfed ty anet :vvvvv)

+1 most accurate description of the situation i have ever seen yes im totally serious

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Couldn’t agree more Filthy. System sucks, they should reset ET and FC to the average of what they were before Kaineg wiped their scores out.

On a side note, got my first infraction today!!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Such a glorious day! Welcome to the team!

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Free transfres for T8!!!

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Such a glorious day! Welcome to the team!

I think I’m on number 18 or something, and half of them are pretty silly IMO.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yeah, I remember getting one just because I shouted “THIS IS BLACKGATE!” on a matchup thread.

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Please the t8 feedback contained to this linked thread

Let’s not spam up the WvW forums for the other servers/players. More posts does not mean the devs will notice this anymore than they have lately (e.g. zero devs watching x 1000 posts is still zero devs watching).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Tier-8-Points-Extremely-Scewed

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Yeah, I remember getting one just because I shouted “THIS IS BLACKGATE!” on a matchup thread.

Oh man they need to tone it down and let people blow off a little steam in the forums since the match ups are pretty bad.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Who cares. Enough with the T8 crap. You want more competitive PvP move the kitten out already and stop with the kitten threads.

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Who cares. Enough with the T8 crap. You want more competitive PvP move the kitten out already and stop with the kitten threads.

Lol…I have been saying this for well over a month now. Anet isn’t going to change WvW because people just spam the forums with threads…just makes T8 look bad.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Lol…I have been saying this for well over a month now. Anet isn’t going to change WvW because people just spam the forums with threads…just makes T8 look bad.

And isn’t T8 bad? Otherwise SF would never want to leave

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

Sorry if I made you butthole sore. I’m new to the game and this wvw isn’t as fun as a competative matchup would be. Your response probably falls into the bullkitten category you are so vocally against.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Sorry if I made you butthole sore. I’m new to the game and this wvw isn’t as fun as a competative matchup would be. Your response probably falls into the bullkitten category you are so vocally against.

T8 isn’t competitive.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

T8 isn’t competitive.

like hell it isnt. but were smart enough to realize the only thing you get by moving to higher tiers is more whiny people, more tryhards, and more culling.

we fight on a more personal level and actually know who were fighting against, and see them many times on the battlefield… and thats nothing if not competitive. good luck finding that kind of competition in t1.

id love to have a real duel of commanders, where each gets their little zerg of about the same size and whoever can turn the map more their color after a couple hours wins it… we have that opportunity, just not sure i actually care enough to try to organize it with another commander on et/sf, or that id want to exclude the randoms that jump in in the middle. id rather just play.

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

T8 isn’t competitive.[/quote]

I don’t know. Hell, I didn’t know there was such a production to matching up servers until people started posting on this thread. It is fun trying to figure out how to work around the massively unbalanced sides, it just gets old knowing there is no real chance of ever catching SF.

I would think that every couple of months, someone could rearrainge the three servers that are going against each other. Parody works in the NFL.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Let’s not spam up the WvW forums for the other servers/players. More posts does not mean the devs will notice this anymore than they have lately (e.g. zero devs watching x 1000 posts is still zero devs watching).

T8 will take over the forums… And we’re taking HoD aswell… “Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing” is in motion…

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

T8 will take over the forums… And we’re taking HoD aswell… “Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing” is in motion…

all hail std crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

No, but FoW has been roflstomped for the past 26 weeks and you don’t see them complaining.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

All those people complaining about t8 are really pathetic, why don’t you take a look at your t9 companions from EU ? You won’t hear them complain as much as you, Hell try to even find some posts complaining about it. During all this time in t9 there were only about 2-3 matchups that came close to fair.
Ever since the start you guys got in last tier all I’ve seen is complain, complain and more complain…

Either you take it as real men and shut up or move the fark out of there.
And don’t tell me I don’t know how you feel because I’ve been there, I’ve been in t9 EU longer than you’ve been in t8 NA.

So if it’s not competative, your advice is to sit back and not say anything? You solve a lot of life’s problems that way? Sorry if a new player is asking why it’s so one-sided. I guess being a sheep is new for me.

You might not know how real men take things.

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

ET/FC, I totally can understand how you guys feel. It sucks to be dominated day after day, week after week, the same thing sort of happened to us when DH was stuck in tier 7 with GoM and us, but now its NSP and GoM, and both of those servers have wayyy more people then us, and yes we do loose every week but we try our best to make sure it isn’t a blowout. So just hang in there and I’m sure that soon things will be better for you guys!
And to SF, you guys really need to stop being so kitteny all the time, half the posts I see on this forum regarding you guys is mainly a bunch of qq about how HoD should move down and you should move up, just play the game, if it happens it’ll happen, don’t whine to the world about wanting to move up.

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

And to SF, you guys really need to stop being so kitteny all the time, half the posts I see on this forum regarding you guys is mainly a bunch of qq about how HoD should move down and you should move up, just play the game, if it happens it’ll happen, don’t whine to the world about wanting to move up.

A manual switch of HoD and SF’s positions does absolutely nothing to fix the underlying issue. And those in T8 who have a solid understanding of the T8 Glicko Ghetto issue and have been vocal supporters of a fix do not support such a swap.

But to be fair, it does seem with the current rating system, SF’s only hope of clawing their way out of the tier is to wait for another server to perform perform poorly enough that they drop down into T8. There does not seem to be any way that SF can escape the Glicko Ghetto on our on volition. We’ve been been in this tier since the beginning of the year and dominating the tier for 7-8 weeks straight. But it’s one step forward, two steps back with the way Glicko works. We’ll be doing awesome, but then have a rating backslide because we “underperformed” per Glicko’s standards (we’ll still be completely roflstomping, but Glicko penalizes us for not meeting or beating our previous score). It’s a rather crummy situation when you win the match, win said match by a landslide, but yet loose significant rating for “underperforming” (not to mention that when that happened, we were second from the bottom in the NA rating deltas…as in, we nearly lost the most rating out of every NA server, despite winning by a landslide).

Sadly, the scoring system is set up in such a way that causes people to hope another server does poorly so they can actually have a shot at a higher tier. :-/

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

all hail std crossing

/hail
/hail
/hail

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Staff say is ok, so, transfer or leave, i leave.

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

All those people complaining about t8 are really pathetic, why don’t you take a look at your t9 companions from EU ? You won’t hear them complain as much as you, Hell try to even find some posts complaining about it. During all this time in t9 there were only about 2-3 matchups that came close to fair.
Ever since the start you guys got in last tier all I’ve seen is complain, complain and more complain…

Either you take it as real men and shut up or move the fark out of there.
And don’t tell me I don’t know how you feel because I’ve been there, I’ve been in t9 EU longer than you’ve been in t8 NA.

were trying to help you too. and all you have to say is stfu? both NA and EU have the same problem, you guys just dont care.

modifications to the ratings would help everyone get into more sustainable matchups that are fun to play. a soft reset + cap/floor could effectively shorten expected lengths of time in which 2 servers are being stomped by another without hope of any change. this is not only a t8 NA issue. t9 EU and t1 NA are also suffering from tier isolation from the rest of the pairings, and the situation is only gonna get worse over the next few months as any given server has to stomp (or get stomped) harder and harder to change places due to the ratings spreading out too far. a ~1600 point spread between the top server and the bottom is more than the system can handle with only 24/27 competitors and no artificial limits on the spreading and the problems will get worse as it increases to 1700, 1800, or 1900.

you want this as much as we do, whether you realize it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9205

Moderator.9205

Hi,

As this thread derailed into a very inflammatory one, we’ll now close it.

Thank you for your understanding.