Sanctum of Rall vs Northern Shiverpeaks vs Yak's Bend - WvWvW 10/5/12

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

NSP GoGoGo! GoGoGo!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Dear-Anvie-and-Fergie-baby

Thanks for the idea, HNN. If SoR meets DH again, we may be picking it up.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Yaks just doesn’t have much of a morning time crew. our night/primetime crew is kinda small as well but incredibly organized so it makes for a good matchup.

having a blast so far.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

hmmmm i may be being paranoid but….

Im assuming we fought off a NPS attack at AB because the wall was quite low, so i started to repair it. Few secodn later NPS is back i run in the gate and go around to find a mesmer in the base. we killed them and the NPS swim away. Im thinking ok they were waiting for a portal no big deal they must have gotten through and we didnt sweep well.

I see white swords at garrison a few minutes later, so i go and check on it i see NPS a good 15 of them at the water stairs not the gate. I report them in team chat and see the way point is useable now and go in the garrison. they finally push to the water gate but dont hit it but try and take out our cannon and some are pushing around like they are hiding. i drop a portal → knock them off → portal back up. i run back as if im going to the inner court…. and low and behold same mesmer from brotherhood is in the garrison!!!! right behind the water gate…..

im not crazy for thinking something off right?!?!?

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Yaks just doesn’t have much of a morning time crew. our night/primetime crew is kinda small as well but incredibly organized so it makes for a good matchup.

having a blast so far.

i’m not sure about that, I ran into some pretty good resistance from TOG last night.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

hmmmm i may be being paranoid but….

Im assuming we fought off a NPS attack at AB because the wall was quite low, so i started to repair it. Few secodn later NPS is back i run in the gate and go around to find a mesmer in the base. we killed them and the NPS swim away. Im thinking ok they were waiting for a portal no big deal they must have gotten through and we didnt sweep well.

I see white swords at garrison a few minutes later, so i go and check on it i see NPS a good 15 of them at the water stairs not the gate. I report them in team chat and see the way point is useable now and go in the garrison. they finally push to the water gate but dont hit it but try and take out our cannon and some are pushing around like they are hiding. i drop a portal -> knock them off -> portal back up. i run back as if im going to the inner court…. and low and behold same mesmer from brotherhood is in the garrison!!!! right behind the water gate…..

im not crazy for thinking something off right?!?!?

If I’m correct this was during reset night. The group had originally breached but got pushed back. Our mesmer had gotten inside and died up on the wall of the gate. We brought a group to him because during reset night you were able to rez someone from full death using an ele glyph of renewal. It was strategy, and was something that was planned. I promise you we never play dirty and no one in the guild hacks. We use mesmers a lot. I think SoR has learned that more and more, as we’ve hit them a couple of times using them. We’ve done it with Hills a couple of times already in this match-up.

Ultimately that Water Attack did fail, didn’t have the numbers. So we just left garrison alone for the rest of that night.

It’s been a ton of fun against SoR. Especially your guild and GSCH. [TBH] looks forward to the next few days!

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Bunnehboo.6025

>.> this was today not reset my point being how did a mesmer get into the garrison when they were just killed at AB a few minutes and no attack on garrison ever occurred

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I gave up wvwvw after an hour and a half of dying to invisible enemies. rip wvwvw.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

Wasn’t from The Brotherhood then. My guys haven’t touched garrison. I’ve been on since 3pm, and I know the events from before.

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

Good game so far. The fight up at NSP BL was awesome last evening. SoR and YB were duking it out often across Victor’s Lodge.

GJ to all the YB players, and good fight to all SOR and NSP. I’ll be back sooner or later!

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

NSP has a large oceanic guild – FOO – that night caps. This is not going to be an even match. SoR is very generic US guild based server without significant oceanic presence.

Stop fooling yourself that these matches are going to be close or even interesting.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

@Icecat

But they have been since Friday… lol

You Sound like your someone from one of the servers we rolled.

Sorry bud

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

@Coolmoos – I only go into wvw anymore to try to complete world explorer. SoR is never going to be competitive in the current system. Look at the guilds on SoR – all of the larger guilds are US guilds. Compare to a server like Henge where you have several large Oceanic guilds.

Under the current wvwvw design a server needs a 24 hr presence in borderlands and EB to be successful. Otherwise you get rolled overnight and spend the rest of the time playing catch-up – and that is a no win proposition as the issue compounds every night.

So a player can choose to wvw for “fun” knowing they will be roflstomped with many repair bills OR they can opt out – which is what players on these uncompetitive servers are doing. Over time anyone serious about wvw will be forced to server transfer to a server that has the balance of US, EU, and Oceanic guilds.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

.. Right now this is the most even match we have encountered yet. You are missing out if you think otherwise for this match up. I dont think you will find a better match than this right now.

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

SoR is never going to be competitive in the current system. Look at the guilds on SoR – all of the larger guilds are US guilds. Compare to a server like Henge where you have several large Oceanic guilds.

Yeah, SoR doesn’t have fully capped out night populations with hour long queues to get into every single WvW map, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t competitive.

As a player who mostly puts in time after midnight PST, I can tell you that SoR has a decent population of off-hours players. NSP outnumbers us, sure ( kitten you zergs!), but we often are very well organized and either push them back or hold our ground every night.

I tried transferring around a bunch of different servers in the first week of week-long matches, trying to find a good late night server to fight for. So far I’m having a hell of a lot more ‘fun’ over the last two matchups being on SoR than I ever did on a ‘competitive’ server where I had to wait for hours just to get in and fight massive zergs everywhere.

And the matchups are far far more even here as well. I NEVER feel like I’m going to be ‘roflstomped’ on SoR, even at the strangest hours of night. I don’t think people will transfer as much as you believe, especially not if servers like SoR, DH, NSP, Yaks, and others continue to have such close and enjoyable matches.

We may not end up being top 3 servers, but why does that even matter? It’s not like you’re winning anything for that. I’d much rather have good enjoyable matches where there’s tons of respect, than the uber-competitive zergfests that happen in the top servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Wow, this has been one fun as hell week so far!

Great fights all around!

GO GO NSP! Need to catch up again!

Best matchup I’ve seen in the game so far, BY far!

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

SoR here, this has been a pretty epic match up for sure.

Yesterday, during Canadian Thanksgiving Monday, I spent a good chunk of my day with some guildies from [HC] in the Eternal Battlegrounds, and it has been some of the most fun I’ve had in that zone. SM, or as Furanku from FL calls it, Zergmist Castle, was taken from NSP by SoR, then taken back by NSP, then by Yaks, then back by us, all in the span of about 2 hours. The Eternal Battlegrounds have been a stalemate for the most part for a good chunk of the weekend and it’s made for some fun times.

We may not be HoD, but I’ve put in a lot of late nights, often staying up to 4am EST and haven’t had issues defending. We usually end up holding a lot of our ground by the next day when I get back on. Sure we can benefit from some more numbers, but we’re far from hopeless.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I agree with the matchup statements. Hacked Orbs aside, this has been an awesome week for WvW. Thanks to NSP and SoR for that!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Doesn’t really matter in the end who has “a night crew” and who doesn’t because in the overall scheme of things WvW is pretty meaningless. Being #1 will never be a true bragging right unless they do something about server transfers and some other issues.

So you might as well enjoy the great match-up while we have it. Been a great one so far except for the lag / invisible enemies which has been an issue for everyone since the last patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Yeah, SoR, how does it feel to get “roflstomped with many repair bills” by -0.5% (or whatever the actual current score is at the moment)?

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

Yeah, SoR, how does it feel to get “roflstomped with many repair bills” by -0.5% (or whatever the actual current score is at the moment)?

When I was last on, the difference was maybe 1000 points? I have no complaints, I make way more money in WvW than I lose repairing. I made 1.6g yesterday, spend 11s…. I’d say that was a profit.

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same. Especially after the relaxing of the farm restricting code the other night. And I go CRAZY with seige. Last night at one point I had 9 rams, 10 arrow carts, 6 catas, 10 ballistas, and 3 trebs.

… I may or may not have spent a good 8g on wvw on friday… >.>

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Transferred to SoR because I was sick of either winning by a landslide or losing by a huge margin. Can’t say I’ve regretted it even for a second. Best PvP I’ve had since GW2 release. These three servers are extremely evenly matched, I hope ANet sees that THIS is what players enjoy. Honestly, this bracket should just be locked. All three servers are on equal footing and the epic fights are bound to continue all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

it’s kinda making me cry inside a bit thinking after friday at least one of us will be moving on in either dirrection. I have seen some epic fights and manouvers preformed this week. Its been a nonstop back and forth.

SoR, Y’sB, and NSP should have a respect showing in the last 30min on friday, and run around /saluting each other….

Of course I know its not gonna happen, but would be so cool to see. Everyone deserves a pat on the back for the incredible work they have put in this week.

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

Oh ya..

SoR, you duped me with my own tactic last night. Good job. We were hitting DB in your BL and out of nowhere, no cross swords or nothing…you guys got in the inner keep before us. That takes serious coordination, GJ!

tips hat

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Windmoor.9834
it’s kinda making me cry inside a bit thinking after friday at least one of us will be moving on in either dirrection. I have seen some epic fights and manouvers preformed this week. Its been a nonstop back and forth.

This is not necessarily true. With the close proximity of the score it is very likely that we will play again with shuffled colors. If NSP edges out a win and everything remains close the next matchu will likely be:

Green: NPS
Blue: SoR
Red: YB

In fact in the ratings we’d be separated by about 14 points. So within 1% of eachothers score. This matchup could continue for a while.

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Score as of about 3 mins ago apparently, NSP and SoR are really close , Yaks is closing their gap.

I’m sick of being blue… haha.

We’ve been the middle ranked server for most of our match ups so I’m interested to see where this goes.

in WvW

Bunnehboo.6025

:c i dont want to be blue anymore </3

I have a feeling that the hours leading up from Thursday night to Friday reset will be super fun

Attachments:

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Golem.1708

Golem.1708

Nice fight.

Go go go SoR, this victory is our!!!!!! =P

Golem – Elementalist
Guild: White Raven
www.youtube.com/enozesplay

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Is that score current as of the last hour Bunneh?

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Ah, seems DH is making a big jump in the rankings, so one of this group will drop 1 slot. Need Yaks to make up 4 points on them to stay in. Thats crazy we have 4 teams within 0.35% in the ratings.

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

Ah, seems DH is making a big jump in the rankings, so one of this group will drop 1 slot. Need Yaks to make up 4 points on them to stay in. Thats crazy we have 4 teams within 0.35% in the ratings.

Great thing about that link is it shows what the next match up will be like if placements hold as they are now down below. Looks like NSP and SoR will see another match up against Gates of Madness, unless something happens in the other brackets, or if Yaks moves up a spot.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Rofl stomped? I don’t think so.
This match is still close and we’re only reaching half time.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

NSP has a large oceanic guild – FOO – that night caps. This is not going to be an even match. SoR is very generic US guild based server without significant oceanic presence.

FOO were on Yaks Bend, did they move?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

To be honest I’m not bothered if SoR doesn’t compete with the top servers like HoD because the last three weeks of WvW have been great. As long as there is competition at all hours of the day without one server completely dominating it really doesn’t matter to me what our rank is. I’m here to kick kittens and chew bubblegum and I just ran out of gum.

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

I’m so jelly. This looks like a great match!

Keep it up, SoR!

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Sor/Yaks/NSP is much more fun then any fight on SBI ever was.

The scores are so freaking close, you really have no clue who will be winning in the next couple of hours.

All I have to say is I love the great match. I am having more fun being on SoR then I ever did in SBI, and I find the very close matches super fun. I don’t see the outmanned buff nearly as much, and even with it we are all able to hold our own.

Not a top tier server? Thats ok for all the servers. Our matches are more interesting and fun.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

People put too much stock in being a ‘top tier’ server. As long as you are matched up with servers of similar ability / numbers, you are going to have great matches.

This is by far the best WvW match I’ve seen for Yaks yet. I had honestly kind of counted us out, as it looked like we would end up being a ‘close third’ place, but we are starting to creep back in to the running today. Go Yaks!

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

Yes, SoR for the past 3 weeks had great match ups. Extremely competitive and fun.

Now if the game can only keep up and not bug with rendering problems. Hopefully, Anet will fix it soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

It’s a lot closer game than any of the others I’ve seen. I like the matchups I’ve been noticing. Everytime I get on, there’s an even balance of players, and we usually end up running back and forth over an area.

It’s been fun so far. I’m sure we’ll see the #1 contender again in coming weeks. Take care, guys!

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: MATT THE OWNER.7412

MATT THE OWNER.7412

This is absolutely one of the classiest match-ups that I have seen in my WvW history. Despite the beginning where YB orb hacked (which they have apologized for explicitly and I thank and respect you guys for that). The whole match has been balanced and really close. I’d hate to see any of us get kicked out of this bracket and I really wish WvW matches were like this every round.

I really hope that if one of us ends up leaving this bracket (which someone above said it’s inevitable) that we do end up meeting up again and have another balanced match like we had this time around. I’m giving everyone on all the servers major props for the good match-up and I really hope to be matched up against you guys in the future. It has been one hell of a ride this week in WvW, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks again guys!

Its A Conspiracy Theory™ – Northern Shiverpeaks – IGN: Matt The Owner

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I am so jealous.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

As of time of posting current scores are:

NS: 129,110
YB: 128,076
Sor: 126,615

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I still like the idea of an orb being unable to be captured unless the keep lord is killed and altar is destroyed. (That way if its quaggans destroying an altar it just resets.) And having to solo a keep lord without anyone noticing would be harder then just popping in, killing an altar, and taking off.)

http://youtu.be/ewzHWqdh-vc

As you can see in the video the route taken, wasn’t one which someone can “run” normally due to hitting a small cliff from the water to get into AB. (I’ve traced the route in game, you have to go north or south of where the orb hacker’s path was, to get into AB even.)

Anet, fix the stupid orbs, this is getting old now.

I love the matches, and such, but it’s getting out of hand.
The higher tier servers didn’t resort to hacking, as much as some of the lower ranked servers do.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

That orb carry was not legitimate.

We did not see the person who did it, but we saw it move. Go ahead and take AB, it would be polite to let us have it back afterward.

That was NOT a legit orb carry. Feel free to hop on my coms to coordinate:

TS3
voice.fooguild.com:6850

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

in WvW

Mishi.7058

That orb carry was not legitimate.

We did not see the person who did it, but we saw it move. Go ahead and take AB, it would be polite to let us have it back afterward.

That was NOT a legit orb carry. Feel free to hop on my coms to coordinate:

TS3
voice.fooguild.com:6850

I am happy you responded so quickly, and I am glad Yak’s Bend allowed us to reclaim the orb.

<3 all of you
Now back to killing each other!!!!!!!!!

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

Props to YB SoR BL crew for letting us (SoR) take it back.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

Hey, more news on the orbhackers out of YB. It might be character assasination. This brings into suspect other orbhackings as well.

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9ypMovDE4
Orbhacker’s Guild: Project Mayhem
Project Mayhem’s website: http://www.promayhem.com/

None of the honest players in YB condone the orbhacking, and we want people to know that there seems to be foul play coming from servers outside our W3.

Listen guys, This is my guild and we weren’t aware of this problem until tonight when someone posted a nasty little note in the chat box of our guilds website. This is the post from our guild leader This was underhanded and slimy we DO NOT tolerate this kind of cheating in our ranks and the member has already been removed. Please don’t assume we’re all kitten based on the actions of ONE player.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

And Yaks take the lead.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

Great battles last night. This has been the best match so far. Much respect to SoR and NS!

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

SoR player here. I had not seen this posted here yet so I figured I would.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/118pkl/thank_you_yaks_bend_faith_in_the_gw2_community/

Huge props to Foo and the Yak’s bend community for their response to the orb hacking.
I love matchups like this where it is a huge 3 way struggle with all three sides struggling for top position.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall