Sea of Sorrows welcomes American guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Winterwolf.3782

Winterwolf.3782

Well jeez, My Guild is having a HARD time getting in. server is really full !!

Illusion shattered.

Tarnished Coast Rough Riders

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Well jeez, My Guild is having a HARD time getting in. server is really full !!

on SoS?

oh you mean transfering over not for WvWvW b/c we have no queues right now anywhere

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I would love you folks to get your NA players. If I wasn’t such a loyal TC player your server would be my home. No kidding, I’ve had the most fun against SoS players since BWE1.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpnizzle.4371

Pimpnizzle.4371

yeah the server is full, we can’t all transfer

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

SoS is full at prime time est. /thread

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Just means we have a bunch of people running around doing quests. We have a fine questing north american presence but WvW is really lacking. Just look at Eredon Terrace. They are top 4 server and are medium population. Just means that almost everyone that plays there plays on WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpnizzle.4371

Pimpnizzle.4371

Ok TFO is now called Honor Under Glory (HUG) We have 52 here right now, and still working on more.

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

pimp, you could change your name to “Hugknight”

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

in WvW

Posted by: Firefly.4165

Firefly.4165

SoS was a top 5 server before Eredon Terrace came in and destroyed us completely and snagged a ton of our players. Sad that they resorted to spamming our chat channels trying to recruit all of our players. No honor server in my opinion.

ET probably took a bunch of oceanic players.. which is not what you’re recruiting for. I’m guessing they transferred out of their own free will under no act of force. Perhaps I misunderstand the meaning of honor.

(edited by Firefly.4165)

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoS was a top 5 server before Eredon Terrace came in and destroyed us completely and snagged a ton of our players. Sad that they resorted to spamming our chat channels trying to recruit all of our players. No honor server in my opinion.

ET probably took a bunch of oceanic players.. which is not what you’re recruiting for. I’m guessing they transferred out of their own free will under no act of force. Perhaps I misunderstand the meaning of honor.

Hmm yeah usually when you are facing a server during a match you don’t transfer over and spam recruitment stuff in their chat channel while manning seige weapons and not using them while giving out false orders in chat.

Your idea of honor must be completely different then mine buddy.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I know what you mean about the time difference. I’m currently fighting against you guys on Tarnished Coast. But this is how I look at it:

If you dominated the map all the time you’d have fewer opportunities for epic battles, karma and loot. Seriously would you honestly want to dominate WvW 24 hours a day until it resets? You’d have totally nothing to do for a whole week and just be bored.

Anyway, I look forward to battling it out with you guys until the next reset!

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Three new NA guilds have come so far and we have been having some great battles. Two more are supposedly coming as well. We actually made progress throughout NA primetime!!!! Was really fun and made like a gold in an hour.

NA guilds feel free to come on over to SoS!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

I respect that you are trying to get a NA presence on SoS, but honestly, Tarnished Coast is the server on the upswing. Oceanic players and guilds should move to TC. Proof below.

Hope you enjoyed that slap in the face tonight then when we showed you a glimpse of whats to come with the new NA playerbase on Sea of Sorrows, capping it off by taking your Orb and THEN taking a keep to put it in.

gtfo, looking forward to our next matchup.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

Valiant try at trolling.

SoS is at the population cap for amount of people who can have it set as their home realm.
SoS currently has 75 in EB, 150 in Maguuma, 40 in TC, and 45 in SoS.

No zone has had a queue since 8am.
Also keep in mind, this is even after 3 large NA guilds just transferred. The SoS playerbase is definitely starting to rally though.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Firstly I want to say good game to TC. It’s been a back and forth tug of war with neither side totally giving up at any point. Good luck in the next tier, you are the first enemy server I have come to respect.

With regard to SoS, we are definitely improving. 2 weeks ago, a fully capped map by the enemy would’ve meant WvW was abandoned for the week. But it seems like we are willing to fight it out till the end now. Our NA primetime coverage is certainly improving. It’s good to see so many regulars as well as the new names.

Next week is definitely going to be a good week for SoS.
salute

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

Lets keep this civil guys…..

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Firstly I want to say good game to TC. It’s been a back and forth tug of war with neither side totally giving up at any point. Good luck in the next tier, you are the first enemy server I have come to respect.

With regard to SoS, we are definitely improving. 2 weeks ago, a fully capped map by the enemy would’ve meant WvW was abandoned for the week. But it seems like we are willing to fight it out till the end now. Our NA primetime coverage is certainly improving. It’s good to see so many regulars as well as the new names.

Next week is definitely going to be a good week for SoS.
salute

I like this guy more than some of the other guys. Hats off to you and your kind as well.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

I just want to thank SoS for hanging in there. You could have pulled a GoM and just given up, but you didn’t. Thank you for that. You still lost, but you put up a good fight to the end, and that should be acknowledged.

Thank you, SoS. Keep up the good work. Perhaps we’ll wind up matched with you again sometime.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Psy.6153

Hope you enjoyed that slap in the face tonight then when we showed you a glimpse of whats to come with the new NA playerbase on Sea of Sorrows, capping it off by taking your Orb and THEN taking a keep to put it in.

Really? You manage to put up a fight for an hour and that’s a slap in the face? See the attached for post slap results. Hell, GoM grabbed an orb earlier today when their altar broke at garrison, ran it to the orb spawn point, and held it for 5 times as long as you guys did. They did really well defending it for so long. Good fights this week, hope to see you all again.

Attachments:

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: Cayden.4587

Cayden.4587

Lets try and keep this free and clear of flaming We can all get along. Defiance [RUN] is excited to be working with such a solid oceanic community and great NA WvWers.

We are happy that you have welcomed us and are glad that we have found something that really feels like a home.

We would love more NA guilds to come over and join us.

Back to Planetside 2 beta. Where 500 v 500 v 500 happens everyday with no invisible armies.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

We are happy that you have welcomed us and are glad that we have found something that really feels like a home.

I generally had a good time working with you on the Coast but, and with all due respect to you because the previous statement wasn’t false, I don’t know if “home” is something that you’ll ever have. Unfortunately. But, who knows. Maybe you’ll surprise me.

I’m pleased that SoS will have a fair NA time zone presence though. Hope that the inverse happens for TC. It’d make for a really fun match in the future. That really was my biggest regret of this match up. The rubber band nature. Balancing that out? Man, that’d be good times.

in WvW

Cayden.4587

Lets try and keep this free and clear of flaming

Apparently this part was skipped over

Back to Planetside 2 beta. Where 500 v 500 v 500 happens everyday with no invisible armies.

in WvW

Posted by: nubleh.5792

nubleh.5792

Everyone should bear in mind though that since Sea of Sorrows’ server population is constantly “full”, it may take some time for a guild to slowly trickle their way in.

It shouldn’t be a problem in the long run since people are server-hopping all the time.; people are leaving Sea of Sorrows all the time, whether to move to a better WvW server, to join friends in other servers, or just to look for servers with unbugged skill events for world completion.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

Apparently this part was skipped over.

Except for the general tone of diplomacy, admission of how much I enjoyed playing with you (and I really did), how much the notion of a more balanced SoS spread excites me for the next time servers match up, and generally being amiable. I think SoS is only going to get better. And I’m excited to get match with them again, win or lose.

So let’s not rewrite what’s actually written. It’s dishonest. I hope you enjoy the server. That’s genuine. I just hope that the stay isn’t as temporary as the previous two. It’d be a shame.

in WvW

Cayden.4587

For the record we were the last major WvW guild to leave Darkhaven, literally 4 left in the 2 weeks before us, (though I am proud of them for getting on their feet again good people over there). Lets not re-write history here to fit your self made idea of us. It is the same as re-writing words in terms of being dishonest.

A good analogy that a member came up with is this:

“Your apartment burned down and so you went out and moved into a new apartment. Then after the first night you realize the roof leaks, do you stay or do you leave?”

(edited by Cayden.4587)

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

If it was my house, I might try to rebuild it. Try to fix the leak. If we’re speaking only in analogy now.

in WvW

Cayden.4587

Interesting point. I view it like we tried that. If anyone cares why not send me a PM but lets try to keep this thread focused on SoS WVW.

(edited by Cayden.4587)

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

I’m glad that we’ve switched the focus of this thread from SoS to Cayden. eyeroll

in WvW

Cayden.4587

I’m not glad either.

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

I respect that you are trying to get a NA presence on SoS, but honestly, Tarnished Coast is the server on the upswing. Oceanic players and guilds should move to TC. Proof below.

A lot of us, perhaps even most of the regular WvW team, have called the week done and are using the last couple of days to get PvE stuff done. What you’re facing is a skeleton crew holding down the fort until Friday night. Personally I’ve been getting up early and helping out our night crew when SoS is fielding the most people. You haven’t really done anything to write home about. I’m sorry, but it’s true. I wouldn’t even bother saying so if you didn’t use the expression “slap in the face” like you really did something shocking and impressive. Ridiculous self-assessment.

(edited by Winterwolf.3782)

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

Did you just quote yourself …. :P , ggwp hopefully we meet again next month or so ( not the next rotation)

MERC

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

Did you just quote yourself …. :P , ggwp hopefully we meet again next month or so ( not the next rotation)

Forums been doing weird laggy things for me tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

in WvW

Cayden.4587

I wonder why people from TC feel the need to fill any thread about SoS recruiting NA with discussion about the match?

in WvW

nubleh.5792

I wonder why people from TC feel the need to fill any thread about SoS recruiting NA with discussion about the match?

Just making sure we realise that [RUN] and friends coming over to join us did us no good whatsoever, or something, I guess.

Shrug.

In other news, WvW maps during NA peak hours are still very empty, everyone welcome!

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

It’s topical.

For me, I genuinely liked fighting them, I know that. Seems like a great server. I think that’s a large part of it. The bouncing back and forth wasn’t too fun for either server, I’d wager. Or at least, it was tedious for all. I’d like to see both servers grow. It’d make for an exciting next time.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

I love how some SoS people talk about “smashing” Tarnished Coast during their peak hours and then writing off TC smashing them during theirs. The only reason why you “smash” TC is because there are usually a grand total of around 60 people on the three boarderlands. Usually we have those 60 divided into two groups 30 for offense, 30 defense on our home realm. (not sure what our EB pop looks like because I don’t play EB)

So…you outnumbering us 10-1 during your peak hours and “smashing” us really isn’t something to give praise to. You could argue that our accomplishments in similar fashion. But the one difference is, during OUR peak hours we still had to contest with GoM and fight them for space, during yours there is always only a paltry force from either realms.

Don’t mind you recruiting people for your night shift, but when you talk smack about a realm that’s beating yours by more then 100k. yea.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

^ They’re solidly convinced that they’re the better server. When we’re maintaining 100+ per tick far into the morning, they are destroying us and are obviously superior. When they manage 100+ for an hour or two any other time of the day, they’ve “smacked us in the face.” That 100k+ lead on points? That’s meaningless. Please keep your math out of it.

in WvW

nubleh.5792

Twinbros, Winterwolf: you two are talking about someone (or more than one?) that you seem to believe represents the opinion of the whole server.
(i sure as heck am not under such delusions)

The reason others are reacting negatively to your posts isn’t because they also think that WE’RE SO GOOD WE SMASH TARNISHED COAST but rather because you’re polluting this recruitment discussion thread with off-topic personal dissatisfactions that you could’ve easily brought into more private channels.

in WvW

Winterwolf.3782

^ Off topic personal dissatisfaction? Speculating much? I’m just participating in the conversation, friend. The fact that you don’t like what I have to say doesn’t invalidate it.

SoS makes a thread, and it’s only for people that:

a) Have something nice to say about SoS
b) Want to talk about how TC is garbage and SoS would have no problem destroying us if only they had a few more people during prime time.

If someone shows up to counter such bizarre assertions, they are intruders with off topic personal dissatisfaction. And if you dare say that the good will between SoS and TC seems to be diminishing, you’re accused of being hateful and immature. Pardon me for pointing out the flaws and frenzy in some of the opinions presented here, I know dissent is a bummer.

(edited by Winterwolf.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Indeed, if you want to talk bad about one server, then expect them to defend themselves in rhetoric. Server pride is a big part of WvWvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Relocated to SoS. Ran with the aussies last night (my time) and THAT was awesome. Will mostly be playing prime time US time and I see great things ahead for this server. Got my friends coming over as well. Played Ultima Online for years on the Oceanic server and always enjoyed my time there. Great community and the aussies never fail to keep me amused and enjoying my gaming time. Its more than just winning and losing its the atmosphere. When you can have both its truly awesome. More of my fellow Americans need to come check it out. We are underdogs at the moment but that will change and there’s nothing better than being a part of it as it happens rather than jumping on the bandwagon of an already top server.

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

^ welcome to SoS. Glad to have you on board.
I myself have transferred from ET just after ET trashed SoS in WvW
and yes, i have noticed that SoS has indeed a great community here.
Such a presence has persuaded me to stay and inherit this ‘server pride/loyalty’
Helping SoS become a better WvW server is our goal and we welcome our American friends to join us in reaching this goal.

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: RagingPwner.1530

RagingPwner.1530

My guild transferred to SoS along with a couple other guilds from our server and the difference was noticeable on the first night of WvW fighting. Every time we sieged a keep, 3 rams went up immediately without even needing to tell people to do it. Ive only been on the server for 1 night but so far the experience was much better. I look forward to the server reset tonight and a full night of battle.

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

My guild transferred to SoS along with a couple other guilds from our server and the difference was noticeable on the first night of WvW fighting. Every time we sieged a keep, 3 rams went up immediately without even needing to tell people to do it. Ive only been on the server for 1 night but so far the experience was much better. I look forward to the server reset tonight and a full night of battle.

your guild HUG or nMe?

So far I am positive of 3 NA guilds that moved here in the past few days RUN, HUG, and nMe

in WvW

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

I think the issue here is that near every server needs a night time crew. It doesn’t matter TC, SoS, GoM, whatever, we all need those who are available at night to keep fighting. This is SoS’s thread asking for help, TC has our own. Everyone on every side of the fight is gonna talk about beating each other and ignore any negativity about the way the fight is going, I mean if you want people to join you are you gonna talk about the time you are loosing or the time you are winning?

I hope both TC and SoS get a round the clock fighting force, the battle this week has been a lot of fun and a 24/7 battle with you guys will be even better. It’s no fun to have no opposition and be handed everything just because people have to get off due to sleep deprivation.

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

• Passes baton to imaginary American *
    We did the best we could during the ocn peak, good luck against the onslaught tomorrow/today
MERC

in WvW

Posted by: xgalaxy.7402

xgalaxy.7402

Hey,

I’m on Fort Aspenwood here.
And yes, we are currently matched up.

From my perspective, it is really disappointing to go to bed, being up 4k points on both SoS and Mag, and then waking up to see SoS at a 10k point lead. That is a 14k point swing, in the middle of the night.

It makes wanting to take objectives and upgrade them feel pointless.

So your offering of joining SoS sounds real tempting because I’m getting tired of being nightcapped. Sigh.

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Hey,

From my perspective, it is really disappointing to go to bed, being up 4k points on both SoS and Mag, and then waking up to see SoS at a 10k point lead. That is a 14k point swing, in the middle of the night.

So your offering of joining SoS sounds real tempting because I’m getting tired of being nightcapped. Sigh.

Well…. TC got off to a flying start, but we soon started pegging them back. I guess that flying start is what gives you the impression that SoS only got our points overnight when this is not the case.

as i said we just started slow, but by 9pm Central we were the top points on potential, and stayed there until i went to bed at 11.30pm Central. I guess the aussies just kept that going and improved on it.

SoS definitely can compete in NA hours now, but we are still short a map of players at least.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Hey,

In our defense, SoS lost quite badly last time we fought FA because WE were night capped by you. Except you guys did it faster and better.

We Aussies fought you tooth and nail and held firm against you NA forces during your prime time and some of us are only now logging off for the night. The last time we fought, our Union was still finding its feet and you even gained one of our larger AU guilds. But we are stronger now.

We shall see you on the battlefield.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Hey,

Really tired of copping grief for simply playing during our prime time. When we go to sleep, we have 2 servers taking back all our nodes. Instead of complaining, we try to find solutions to the problem, ie. try to recruit!

Tonight, we actually had some good fights, and we were fortunate to bust a Maguuma hacker attempting to steal our orb.. which we took back. I’m impressed with how our server has come together these past weeks. Some of the best coordination and teamwork I’ve witnessed so far. So to say that we just night capped you for our points is ridiculous. Remember, your server beat us last time.

On topic, we absolutely welcome the NA guilds that have already transferred here, and encourage the ones who are considering it to do so.

Eris Ataxiar [HLX] – Sea of Sorrows