Seafarer's Rest - Riverside - Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Sparviere.5734

Sparviere.5734

the people who are actually playing WvWvW and doing the puzzles

Must be pked with no mercy. Honor instead for the fighters, both winners and losers

in WvW

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

FSP is a great server and i have meany friends there and when the time comes that i dont play so much wvw anymore, i will definitely go back. But atm i will focus on wvw and at the same time have fun wile doing so, that is really not possible on FSP anymore, cuz u run around whit out manned buff 90% of the time.

So being part of a server is only about this?
I’m talking about what I’m reading here. I only know that 2 big wvw focused guilds left FSP. Considering that I see other guilds that are still here, we can say that when you were here there were good basics of a good wvw fighting in our server. It was a matter of involving ppl and organize things. But instead of stay on FSP , loyal to your server and your alliance, trying to make things go better, you go away because you’re 90% of the time in outmanned status? Because you fear falling back in ranking? And then you’re here talking about enjoying yourselves, bragging about how good was this or that hard battle but as I read here you enjoy yourselves only if you’re in winning position and up in ranking.
Ok, it’s good for you, anyone has its own objectives. The despicable thing is that now you come here making a sweety face and saying you have no responsibilities. You had your duties and you disappointed them, and your departure seriously deprived the one that was once your own server of good wvw players. That is a FACT, not a whine.

Uhm, ok I lost my point. Sorry for the OT. I came here again to thanks both server players. Staying in WvW is difficult for me these days, cause I’m trying to wander around to observe things (uhm… in fact I’m always splatted on the ground observing things XD maybe it’s safer if I create a thief ù.ù).

I’m seeing a lot of good ideas and I can’t wait to apply them on the field myself!! è.é
It’s obvious we are not a match in this tier, it’s good for us to fall down a little and then regain our strenght. I hope this week will be a great incentive for every player in FSP as it is for me.

I’ve always been a PvE player only, here I began to really like WvW.. Now I’m doing my best to help some friends leveling up at speedlight, and to complete mine and their builds to finally focus on WvW (from this point I see a hole in the game, I have tons of karma and a good quantity of badges but I can’t use them to buy the equip I like ç_ç). The first thanks goes to some commanders and some guilds, that are really really… fascinating!

See you on the field

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Loid.5749

Loid.5749

Must be pked with no mercy. Honor instead for the fighters, both winners and losers

That is the most silly and hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard. The puzzle is an important point similar to any other, due to the blueprints it has to offer.

There is not a single person who only does the puzzles, so I don’t know where you got the idea that those in the puzzle do not fight; maybe it’s because that’s how it works on your server, where same people camp the same spot for hours in and out? I can certainly see how you would see that as dishonourable.

Once again, I have no problem with people being effective or merciless. This is merely a game and some hate is inherent after all.

Just don’t try to appear as some good guy. Your mere kind of reply reflects so well at the point I’m getting at; you people don’t fight fair and square. No more, no less.

Kudos for going to such extremes just to win, I just hope you don’t end up being owned in your own kind of game once you get up to T1.

Regards,
Raa Loid

PS.
To any people wondering what Sparviere replied to; that post was removed by a moderator due to trying to circumvent their swearing filter. Apparently bullkitten (you know what it really says) is a swear and needs to be censored.

in WvW

Posted by: Malachi.2754

Malachi.2754

I remember when gaming was all about having fun. Do you? =)

I have enjoyed this weekend match-up hunting old guild members (especially the Rainbowbow-guy. You know who you are!). Although I wish we could fight on the same side, it added an extra spiff to this week in WvW. I know you guys had fun killing the Deserters as well. :)

/hug!

in WvW

Sparviere.5734

I don’t use cheats, alt f4,exploit or something … i think I am a fair player.
Btw I’ve found an important NPC : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siegemaster

in WvW

Posted by: Loid.5749

Loid.5749

I don’t use cheats, alt f4,exploit or something … i think I am a fair player.
Btw I’ve found an important NPC : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siegemaster

I didn’t mean you in particular. Your contineous efforts of squandering my points with silly sarcasm does you no credit whatsoever, so not sure why you’re trying.

Fact: the puzzle provides an amount of blueprints above the ones you buy.

Your server don’t play fair and square. Most people I meet say so. It’s a subjective thing. Take it for what it is and move on. Don’t be offended, silly.

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

So far its been an easy week for SFR. I hope that we dont think T2 will be so easy. FSP has just given it away and Riverside show what a strong opponent can do to the map even without the 24hour coverage

I gotta say that the majority of SFR is not great with siege (Some of the big guilds use them wisely however), but I am a strong believer that our server has the best foot soldiers in the EU and we can achieve alot just by juking it out with a few rams or catas. Some foot soldiers on other servers always take a step back when the opposition takes a step forward, but SFR like going forward and will usually keep on going forward until they die. A true spartan attitude. Its great that there is that mentality in the SFR’s soldiers. I would put most of our wins down to our tough guys rather than to say it was due to brilliant siege tactics

When it comes to counter siege we still got a fair way to go to be T1 compliant. Im hoping we can keep our place in T2 next week for a few weeks

(edited by Webley.1295)

in WvW

Posted by: Lohengrin.8573

Lohengrin.8573

in SFR we don’t use sige weapons: axes are better than ballistas!

[OSC] Lohengrin Fenrir – Norn Warrior
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.8946

Gwalchgwn.8946

The Seafarer’s Rest guys have, a ballista, arrow cart, trebuchet and a SIEGE GOLEM in the Eternal battlegrounds jumping puzzle. How bored are you guys?

Some of are actually quite bored now.

I think a lot of the fair weather PvP’ers will leave SR as quickly as they joined when we go back up a couple of tiers and we’re not fighting a server that’s just been sabotaged from the inside out.

The guild I represent formed during constant losses and is made up of people that simply love WvW and display a certain standard of tactical awareness. A fair few of them are getting frustrated now because 2 weeks ago you could join any battleground at any time and have targets to attack, now we have hour long queues and not much left to cap.

Saying this SR does have an excellent community, formed by Futilez and Oscure and well supported by BORN, No Entry and AR as well as numerous smaller guilds including my own.

In all honesty the guild I am part of seriously discussed moving from SR to FS and the strength FUBAR community is the only thing that stopped us.

SR – keep up the good work.

Riverside – I hope you can get some more people and go back to being a serious opponent to us.

FS – Don’t let any trolls on SR wind you up, you’ve been stitched up and the old guard aren’t super proud of smashing you after what happened.

Regards

Gwalch Iceni

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

So far its been an easy week for SFR. I hope that we dont think T2 will be so easy. FSP has just given it away

we dont give anything away, you saying that is an insult to me and all the other players that still go to the battlefield every single day knowing that everything we take will be taken back with 3 times the force.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Sparviere.5734

I’m taking a little fresh air talking about air. There is always something to whine about. During the halloween event SFR was on the same situation of FSP but the www-core of our community was still in WWW trying the best instead of whining on forums. I’m just doing my congratulations to those who didn’t give up and try to do well, regardless of server tag or score.

in WvW

Posted by: Coraliine.1597

Coraliine.1597

So far its been an easy week for SFR. I hope that we dont think T2 will be so easy. FSP has just given it away

we dont give anything away, you saying that is an insult to me and all the other players that still go to the battlefield every single day knowing that everything we take will be taken back with 3 times the force.

I don’t think it was meant as an insult. I know Gwalch and he’s an excellent person. I have seen several small bands of FSP players who have given us hell a few times capping supply camps. For the amount of activity you guys have had on the map this week, you’ve done excellent. I hope to see some guilds move over to you guys and have you get back in the game (…of thrones).

Cora Staalvoss – 80 Guardian
Born of Indecision [BORN] Guild Leader
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Gwalchgwn.8946

Hey Cora

Thank you for defending me, but I’m not sure those guys you quoted are even angry at me :-)

Giggles

Gwalch Iceni

in WvW

Wicked.5479

no i was referring to webley :P

in WvW

Posted by: Unquale.7489

Unquale.7489

FSP is a great server and i have meany friends there and when the time comes that i dont play so much wvw anymore, i will definitely go back. But atm i will focus on wvw and at the same time have fun wile doing so, that is really not possible on FSP anymore, cuz u run around whit out manned buff 90% of the time.

So being part of a server is only about this?
I’m talking about what I’m reading here. I only know that 2 big wvw focused guilds left FSP. Considering that I see other guilds that are still here, we can say that when you were here there were good basics of a good wvw fighting in our server. It was a matter of involving ppl and organize things. But instead of stay on FSP , loyal to your server and your alliance, trying to make things go better, you go away because you’re 90% of the time in outmanned status? Because you fear falling back in ranking? And then you’re here talking about enjoying yourselves, bragging about how good was this or that hard battle but as I read here you enjoy yourselves only if you’re in winning position and up in ranking.
Ok, it’s good for you, anyone has its own objectives. The despicable thing is that now you come here making a sweety face and saying you have no responsibilities. You had your duties and you disappointed them, and your departure seriously deprived the one that was once your own server of good wvw players. That is a FACT, not a whine.

[…]

Unfortunately it’s sad to read all the posts containing bitterness due to our leaving. He’s given you the reasons of why we “winning team joiners” left if you’ve read the whole thread

in WvW

Wicked.5479

aaand just saw someone from riverside not only camping JP but also cheating it, just teleporting up the ramps skipping half the puzzle. someone from [LAG]

in WvW

Posted by: suppenkasper.5371

suppenkasper.5371

Only 2 big WvW focused guilds left FSP? In 5 seconds i can think of atleast 5++ and several guilds that partially left FSP (mostly their WvW active members). Not all of them switched to SFR. The majority actually joined Blacktide (what else). GF for example was 2 month on FSP and is now mentioned to have a big responsibility to get Blacktide to Nr.1. Guilds like Green Fire actually encouraged other guilds to follow them, using the FSP community forum for that.

But enough whining about that, i and many other WvW focused players had a hard week on FSP and i was close to surrendering and throwing the towelie, but yet even in this week there were moments when i saw that this server actually evolves a community and this might be basic for a longterm fun experience even if we may never make it to Tier1 again (which personally will always be my aim tho). I think success is greatly linked with joy and fun but theres another factor that FSP now has a solid basic for, pride.
I’ve spoken to a couple of players of SFR and i have some old friends from DAoC playing there aswell and from what i heared the community, all in all is a good one with a nice community homepage (something FSP yet lacks) and a fundamental core of players and guilds that have build up this community and appear to be very close to their Server no matter if Tier 1 or Tier 8. I respect that.

When FSP had it’s downfall not only a major part of the WvW population left us to “have more fun”. We also lost community representatives and administrators for the “planned to be” community website of the server. There’s steps into the right direction now like a TS3 server that can finally be used by everyone because the hosters are not leaving the server and where every guilds can create their own channel. Yet the forum has to become more open for everyone and should really contain a livechat function like i saw it on the SFR homepage. I know that some people are working on it already but it could be speeded up a bit if it would be more open for all (also in the administrative ranks).

I am really looking forward to the next matchup. I don’t say like many others that i am happy to go back to Tier4, no i am not. But i am happy to hopefully engage equal opponents again and have some great battles which is needed to keep the longterm motivation for our server up. I am quite optimistic that in the future FSP will also stand its ground against Servers like SFR again (tbh I think we did better than Riverside in this matchup even though the points speak different but this is only my personal field experience as a commander this week and can be seen from many different angles).

Now this goes out to my realmmates! Spread the word that on Friday night the cards will be reshuffled and Far Shiverpeaks has some interesting plans on the desk to show off on friday. Several guilds will participate and i hope you and your friends will be with us!

in WvW

ankdarkwolf.1487

Unfortunately it’s sad to read all the posts containing bitterness due to our leaving. He’s given you the reasons of why we “winning team joiners” left if you’ve read the whole thread

Sorry, I read all the thread and also picked up some infos in various discussions before. And all I see in your motivations are the real whining. I’m always had a strong guild sense and loyalty so probably our point of view will never be the same. And probably I’ll be always considered weak by you, with my way of thinking.

You have to understand that it’s obvious there’s so much bitterness when you see people easily give up and ruin all the efforts made. When you create an alliance, you don’t expect to have mercenaries within, ready to change flag in no time.

Was it really that impossible to make things better? No it wasn’t impossible. Going away in LaLaLand is always the easy way. But by doing this a guild can only be a drifting mine not worth trusting.

I sincerely have no problem with you or your guilds, as probably I wasn’t even there when things happened. I’m only explaining my PoV. For me now you’re only part of the enemy server on the battlegrounds
But I’ve take a great liking on my tough and prideful FSP that’s struggling to become organized once again.

p.s. I stay here in the forum because 1) I like to write and 2) I’m at work, so it’s a little difficult for me to stay on the battlefields even if I’d like to (when there are no customers I run to fight) :PPP

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

I’m SFR’s original. But my guild has not taken major acts in WvW so far (i rather do tPvP myself), but i’m usually around solo (mostly during night-time), I’m sure some people saw me around on my blondie ranger Riviére.
Regarding this match up all i can say is that its sad to see FPS in such bad shape.. and not PvP wise but mainly due the fact that a lot of guilds left the server for whatever reasons. I know Champion of the Gods moved there and they’re a good bunch and its unfortunate to see good guilds such as Green Fire leave FPS to a super crowded server such as Blacktide. All in all i’m pretty disappointed with the system Anet put us where coverage > skill regarding points earned, having settled this horrible kind of system is only normal that guilds will leave their original servers packing all in 1-2 or 3 servers with a huge 24h coverage leaving their original servers crippled creating boring matches.

I’m sure SFR has had its good and bad times, we reached T2 while being the only medium populated server at the time (among EU top 12), and then got smashed back into T4, and now we got more people and we’re crawling back in tiers. But the main reason for that is that the core WvW guilds and FUBAR never really left or gave up in WvW always having activity and people fighting, so huge props to them for building SFR since the start.

Personally i hope we do not become a fully 24h packed server. I don’t care if we’ll never achieve T1 because of that.. all i want is to log in and be able to join any battleground and have decent players doing WvW smashing faces and having fun.

@Riverside
Keep being the good opponent you’ve always been, i personally like the Die Teknocraten (or something) guild, because they laugh at people after they kill them, giving some more spirit and fun into WvW, and they’re generally better then average players, still easily killed by me naturally…

@FSP
I hope you guys get your kitten together. Nothing but respect for you guys and its sad to see people leaving their home server for easier rides and so on.

If only Anet made where the scoring would reflect actual PvP (Players versus Player) instead of Players versus empty keeps/towers, people wouldn’t bandwagon so easily and we would have nicer and more balanced matches all around.

(edited by saVdoom.2067)

in WvW

Posted by: Unquale.7489

Unquale.7489

Unfortunately it’s sad to read all the posts containing bitterness due to our leaving. He’s given you the reasons of why we “winning team joiners” left if you’ve read the whole thread ;)

Sorry, I read all the thread and also picked up some infos in various discussions before. And all I see in your motivations are the real whining. I’m always had a strong guild sense and loyalty so probably our point of view will never be the same. And probably I’ll be always considered weak by you, with my way of thinking.

You have to understand that it’s obvious there’s so much bitterness when you see people easily give up and ruin all the efforts made. When you create an alliance, you don’t expect to have mercenaries within, ready to change flag in no time.

Was it really that impossible to make things better? No it wasn’t impossible. Going away in LaLaLand is always the easy way. But by doing this a guild can only be a drifting mine not worth trusting.

I sincerely have no problem with you or your guilds, as probably I wasn’t even there when things happened. I’m only explaining my PoV. For me now you’re only part of the enemy server on the battlegrounds :)
But I’ve take a great liking on my tough and prideful FSP that’s struggling to become organized once again.

p.s. I stay here in the forum because 1) I like to write and 2) I’m at work, so it’s a little difficult for me to stay on the battlefields even if I’d like to (when there are no customers I run to fight) :PPP

For the first of all I don’t look at you as weak at all. :)
I understand your pov and I do also share your opinion about loyalty to your guild etc (even you might think I don’t after I/we left FS)
We decided to leave when our own guild left the alliance . All in all, drama started even more drama.

I guess the best we can do is to go on, and let the drama die. The discussion will have no end. We still look at FS as a great community, and of course we miss the people we left.

xoxo

in WvW

Wicked.5479

cant there be a general rule in the JP’s that who doesnt attack, doesnt get attacked…
i’ve been walking behind you for the past 2 minutes, if i wanted to kill you i would’ve by now, but as soon as you have about 3 ppl you start attacking me.
mostly pointing toward hordes of RS players in EB JP today

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

cant there be a general rule in the JP’s that who doesnt attack, doesnt get attacked…
i’ve been walking behind you for the past 2 minutes, if i wanted to kill you i would’ve by now, but as soon as you have about 3 ppl you start attacking me.

That is usually the rule i run by. Honestly i don’t really care to stop people from getting it if they’re friendly and don’t attack you.

in WvW

Posted by: Kambros.8209

Kambros.8209

Aloha!

@saVdoom

Thank you very much for this special kind of… attention… Some of my mates do in fact have a certain sense of humour, so please dont take it too serious, we are just having fun. And we dont want to be disrespectful. (Ok, at this point I have to admit how happy I am that A-Net didnt implement, ahem, “bad behaviour” emotes at all ).

DTK | Die Technokraten are usually fighting on Eternal BG. Its a kind of our living room. We really appreciate guests, but not in our corner, ok?

Unfortunately we, Riverside, do not have the manpower anymore to cover all the maps. Thats the main-reason why we lost rank by rank. I think we are not better or worse than most of the other servers concerning gameplay and tactics. We have to deal with the circumstance that we do not have many large guilds in WvW, so we have to build up new structures every day with the guys and girls being around on the fields.

I think were doing a good job this week. Our keeps and towers are upgraded as quick as possible, there are lots of siege weapons built to compensate the lack of manpower and I think we really know how to use our infrastructure.

We have nothing to complain about and nothing to be ashamed of. In my point of view, of course.

@suppenkasper

Why do you think that you did better than RS? Its always interesting to get an impression how our opponents see our strengths and weaknesses. I can only speak for Eternals, as thats our (DTK) main playground, and there I had the feeling that my commander-colleagues and I did a decent job. (Though we failed epical to take the green keep this forenoon and scrapped about 15 golems… ok ok, we have to improve our offensive skills… )

Just to let you know… This small sized leaf-pigtailed sylvari DTK lady-thief (yes, the one on the ground in the middle of your zerg – dont laugh, its all about scouting! Ahem.) with the friendly smile is Silva Del Rey. Glad to meet you.

Regards, Silva

P.S. @Wicked

Sorry for that, but you know how it is. Sportsmanship on the one hand, bloodlust on the other. Some guys set different priorities. JP ist WvW area and its pointless to complain about getting attacked there.

Silva Del Rey, Thief
DTK | Die Technokraten
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

(edited by Kambros.8209)

in WvW

Wicked.5479

if i even help someone who’s clearly lost in the dark room to find the right way, the least i can expect is a little something back.
im sure that by now everyone has been annoyed to death by campers in JP.
it appears most have the opinion “if i had to go through that, so will they”.
so it might have been foolish to expect otherwise, but i on the other hand dont wish anyone the same full 2 weeks of trying 2-3 months ago to complete the archievement :P

edit: aah yes i see your guild doing a ‘good job’ of holding jumping puzzle now….
bravo, good job holding on top of arena with ballista, jumping up and down with portal!
you guys must be amazingly brave to do something so dangerous!

(edited by Wicked.5479)

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

Aloha!

@saVdoom

Thank you very much for this special kind of… attention… Some of my mates do in fact have a certain sense of humour, so please dont take it too serious, we are just having fun. And we dont want to be disrespectful. (Ok, at this point I have to admit how happy I am that A-Net didnt implement, ahem, “bad behaviour” emotes at all ).

DTK | Die Technokraten are usually fighting on Eternal BG. Its a kind of our living room. We really appreciate guests, but not in our corner, ok?

Don’t worry ! I take everything in games lightly and i actually like it since sometimes i do it myself I actually find its good sport and spice things up a bit !

Cheers,

in WvW

Posted by: Xanthian.3025

Xanthian.3025

The SFR in Riverside BG right now.. (20:11 GMT) why the hell are you a 50+ zerg lol, there’s 10 of us from FS and about 5 RS here.

Split up and lets get some decent fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

The SFR in Riverside BG right now.. (20:11 GMT) why the hell are you a 50+ zerg lol, there’s 10 of us from FS and about 5 RS here.

Computer says no.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Xanthian.3025

Xanthian.3025

so’k we took your keep regardless

in WvW

suppenkasper.5371

@suppenkasper

Why do you think that you did better than RS? Its always interesting to get an impression how our opponents see our strengths and weaknesses. I can only speak for Eternals, as thats our (DTK) main playground, and there I had the feeling that my commander-colleagues and I did a decent job. (Though we failed epical to take the green keep this forenoon and scrapped about 15 golems… ok ok, we have to improve our offensive skills… )

Well maybe once i bring up such a comment saying “we did better than Riverside” i should explain it otherwise it can’t be taken seriously.

First of all, your already 30k++ points ahead of us and unlike many others i also take the rank as an indicator of “being better or worse”. So in this case u obviously were the better server.

Let me try to explain why i think, from my perspective, we (FSP) did better than Riverside in this matchup. I really think we had a tough job to do in this matchup, both servers had a major focus on Far Shiverpeaks. I don’t say there has been any alliancing or something like that, i just think SFR had people in their ranks really hungry to kill FSP players and fight them with passion for several reasons (i actually know that this is the case). And those players, as very WvW active players also managed to make old SFR guilds put major focus on our Borderlands or our part of EB. Personally i enjoyed fighting the desertes aswell as it was not at all a situation we were not able to handle once we had a group (zerg) running, even though i admit that i’d still prefer to have Za Drot’s as an ally rather than an opponent
When i was out commanding i experienced a really unusual amount of doubleteaming against us. Maybe because we had been the weaker opponent from the start, maybe because SFR and Riverside simply liked to fight other opponents than just eachother for once, maybe because it generally has been some heat between SFR and FPS because of some happenings. There could be several other reasons too but for me it was obvious that FSP had a major focus on them by both sides. Im also not saying if i were in Riversides position that i would have act different tho.

Now that alone doesn’t make FSP the better Server than Riverside and i don’t know if we really are, i am just saying that from my perspective the encounters i had with my groups against Riverside, may it be open field battles or sieges, i think we won a majority of those. In rare occasions we even stood ground against both servers on our own Borderlands. I haven’t seen forceful attacks by Riverside, rather saw them kiting towards their keeps and then take advantage of their Siege even though we didn#t attempt to siege at this moment. None of the structures Riverside had in our part of EB or in our Borderlands have been really defended. Once a commander with a little sense of leading showed up and managed to get a zerg rolling it didn’t take us very long to take back what is ours It sure was different in your part of the map but to be honest, there was only a few occasions where we were actually able to leave our own areas because once we got a pug zerg (FSP currently is a pug server) bound to a tower in the enemy part of EB it was hard to reorganize them back to defend our EB homearea. When Riverside and FSP were almost even in points during the first 2 or 3 days in the matchup i really tried to put major focus on SFR with my groups in hope Riverside would start doing the same, but instead we had them running our bases. For me it seemed like Riverside had never the intention to win this matchup, which personally i see as a weakness. At the end there is a hell lots of factors that influence the outcome of a match and this is only my subjective PoV.

in WvW

Posted by: NeverSmileWF.1684

NeverSmileWF.1684

we played vs 2 german servers holding hands for the first couple days too last week. One of them even had a great start

Neversmile Wf – Engineer – Seafarer`s Rest

in WvW

ankdarkwolf.1487

Uhm, I need a info..
Before some of you talked about jumping puzzles and people not attacking. A while ago 2 enemies walked in the zone I was patrolling (cause it’s constantly under attack) and I immediatly took them down. At first I didn’t notice but when I looked at them on the ground they were both without armor so I felt a little guilty cause probably they were only trying to explore their map without attacking me nor the camp.. In this case is there a proper wvw etiquette? Is it wise if I let them go to take their poi/vista/sp or was it good to defend my zone without mercy?

ò.ò When some times ago I wandered around the wvw for my map completion, there was no way that someone would let me pass untouched so I remembered those frustrating times and I’d really like to have let them go untouched (cute kitten me è.è)

in WvW

Wicked.5479

well its your zone, unlike EB JP.
and unlike JP, they can just try again when they respawn, since you most likely arent defending a single poi/vista/sp for a whole day with 3 siege weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

maybe cause when we were 6 guys on map (at peak lol ) 30 riverside attack us at hills and 10 fs behind at greenlake , so we wiped you from map.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Coraliine.1597

Hey Cora

Thank you for defending me, but I’m not sure those guys you quoted are even angry at me :-)

Giggles

Gwalch Iceni

I am a dumb clam.

Also.. Suppenkasper… your name. God kitten it. I snort really loud whenever I see it. Struwwelpeter is my favorite though.

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

(edited by Coraliine.1597)

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

SFR is on the rise. Cant wait to get to T2 and not come 3rd

in WvW

Gwalchgwn.8946

Nooooo!

If you’re not on my side I will kill you wherever I see you. I won’t cuss you in forums, I won’t abuse your characters corpse. I am going to kill you wherever I see you, night or day, wind or rain.

Please accept this now, it will make it less stressful when you get jumped and die because you thought we had an agreement.

Sincerely

Gwalch Iceni

in WvW

Wicked.5479

Nooooo!

If you’re not on my side I will kill you wherever I see you. I won’t cuss you in forums, I won’t abuse your characters corpse. I am going to kill you wherever I see you, night or day, wind or rain.

Please accept this now, it will make it less stressful when you get jumped and die because you thought we had an agreement.

Sincerely

Gwalch Iceni

as long as you face me like a man and not hide on top of a tower where nobody can hit you.

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

JP’s srs busnz!

in WvW

Posted by: Kambros.8209

Kambros.8209

Aloha!

@Suppenkasper

Thank you for your explanation, really appreciated it. Thanks for your time to write it down.

In some points i totally agree, e.g. our sometimes disappointing lack of moving forward.

Concerning the defense of structures in your corner I can only say that bored seefarers are really a mess. They usually show up when you need them at least. So they keep us porting and moving.

What in my point of view FSP has to improve is knowledge of environment and placement of siege weapons. Example: rams in front of Langor and Bravost, building up siege weapons within reach of cannons, no coverage of trebs and so on. Its really easy to get your stuff down.

I admit that there maybe are certain circumstances in the relationship between FSP and SFR that influence this matchup in our favour. But believe me, SFR does not really like RS at all. ^^

Cheers, Silva

Silva Del Rey, Thief
DTK | Die Technokraten
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

in WvW

Coraliine.1597

Nooooo!

Sincerely

Gwalch Iceni

as long as you face me like a man and not hide on top of a tower where nobody can hit you.

Be careful, he has magically colored armor that dazes all who look at him.. except you won’t be able to see it so my point is invalid.

On a sidenote: Die Piraten have chosen a theme song: http://youtu.be/1dLmSVcyxtw
Sorry Germans

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

suppenkasper.5371

I think this is fitting better to you http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4239612/WIZO_Das_goldene_Stueck_Scheise

Just kidding Congratz SFR to a well deserved and pretty obvious matchup victory! GL in Tier2. Thanks also to Riverside and maybe you will become a little more offensive in the future. You probably won’t see FSP back in Tier3 very soon as this week again took us a couple of more WvW oriented guilds. But we are taking it with a smile and keep working on solutions. What else can we do @ All patriotic FSP fighters, i wanna see u on the Battlefield tonight!

Bloodwyne

(edited by suppenkasper.5371)

in WvW

Posted by: Choko.6821

Choko.6821

I tip my hatoff for Riverside hiring once again braveless mercenary players from BT only to be countless farmed in Golanta.

in WvW

saVdoom.2067

Nothing but respect to FSP & Riverside!

May we end this match up having fun and taking it easy!

in WvW

Posted by: Minfast.5489

Minfast.5489

As a FSP player I can’t say I enjoyed this week. Epitomised right now by us being outnumbered atleast 2 to 1 by Riverside on our own border and they splitting their forces in half with a portal to sandwich us and zerg us more efficiently. It’s been humiliating.

Hats off to the commanders still trying to get things going and to those still fighting the fight. It’s not easy trying to be organised when your “zerg” is made up mostly of unguilded players or small guilds. I haven’t always been on but I don’t think I have seen a group of 8+ players with the same tag all week. We don’t seem to have any guilds that can commit 20+ players to the battlefield. I hoped our victory in Tier 4 last week would be a turning point but it hasn’t turned out that way and I feel we are up against it to stay in Tier 4 next week.

As for the match itself….congrats to SFR on the win ( a handy win in the end). You seem good enough to atleast remain in Tier 2 and with a bit more recruitment you should get T1 sooner rather than later. Well played also to Riverside. It might come across as being a little bitter but I also feel that our server was “targetted” this week by the other 2. Most of the cross sword skirmishes and keep/tower/camp swapping seemed to be on our part of EB or in our border. Just an observation while I was playing.

Minfast – Thief / Rulken Charon – Guardian / Yalkara Moonshade – Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – representing [eXo] [tbp] [NW]

in WvW

Posted by: Dokuroizo.5348

Dokuroizo.5348

Congratulations are in order for Riverside and FSP. I have had some great skirmishes with you guys. At one point I and 9 other men held the mine at durios for a while with some ballistea 2 days back, that was an incredible fight. I also remember taking the keep outside RS garrison only to be mercilessly bombarded by mortars and cannons. Great defense. I have run WvWvW not that much, but recently my guild commander got me in there again and I can only say that RS and FSP made it worth my time. You were worthy adversaries.

Greetings,
Ilyena Theirin,
Seafarers Rest.