Separating the WvW Reset times for NA and EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

Can we get some clarification on the EU reset times, as mentioned above – the german announcement does mention different times than the english one.

UTC = GMT
CEST aka MESZ = UTC+2
EDT = UTC-4

This announcement: 9pm GMT = 9pm UTC
German announcement: 10pm CEST = 10pm UTC+2 = 10pm UTC.

Who is right? You might consider this handy converter when you announce times.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I do also have to ask why the new NA time was set to later than the old NA times and query the EU reset time full stop. Yes, I know the 22:00 UTC reset was felt too early for the NA group, but this didn’t actually take away from actual play-time after reset – NA players still had a full evening’s play ahead of them when they got back home, EU players could play for at least a couple of hours before they had to call it a night and the Oceanics/SEA players would still have a full day ahead of them when they woke up that morning.

Now, with these new times (with the assumption that this is meant for standard, as opposed to DST), NA is as follows:
Players in Eastern/Central are going in at 9pm or 10pm. For those who have work/other commitments/don’t normally stay up all night, you might have a couple of hours of play ahead of you, down from the full evening you had when it was starting at 7/8pm.
Players in Pacific are going in at 7pm. Not bad, I doubt you’ll hear many complaints from them.
Players from EU are going in from anywhere from 3am (UK-only) to 6am. This essentially means that Friday night reset does not actually exist for EU players unless they’re going to stay up all night/get up rather early in the morning for it.
Players from Oceanic/SEA timezones are going to be in closer to actual reset, but it hasn’t sounded like most of them felt hard done by being in a couple of hours later.

Overall, it’s good news for folks in PDT, indifferent news for Oceanics/SEA and pretty kitten awful for east coast/EU.

From the EU perspective, I don’t really feel the need to explain how awful it is for NA players or otherwise when I can just break this down with people from EU anyway:
Players from the UK, Portugal and Iceland are going in at 20:00. It’s later than I think most of them would enjoy, but it’s still a good few hours.
Players from other western EU countries are heading in at 21:00.
Players from eastern EU countries are heading in at 22:00 or 23:00.
For both of these examples, I’ll highlight my earlier comments about this actually being nothing like what many would’ve hoped to be a full evening of WvW. It’s not really taking it away from them, as EU players have never had it so good, but it’s still far from ideal.

My honest recommendations? Both should be starting at about 5pm or 5.30pm for the earliest “affected” timezone. That would be, say, 5pm for Pacific, which would mean that more eastern NA timezones would also have a full evening of play and not entirely disable EU players from participating with their guilds whatsoever. Similarly, 5pm for the UK would give everyone concerned a very full evening of play.

I realise ANet are obviously concerned that everyone should be able to participate in WvW and accordingly have been trying to juggle things around to make it better. I can respect that, but I think they still need a slight tweaking even now to make them as best as possible for the greatest number of people.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

For those perhaps unaware NA West Coast has a very sizable gaming population with work schedules frequently going till 5-6pm not including a potentially horrid commute.

5pm wasn’t a particularly viable Reset time for the West Coast to participate at all. You didn’t hear much whining about it because before it was a global reset. But with the Regions split it really does make sense that ANet would want to allow all of NA to actually be able to participate, however much that does inconvenience EU players on NA Servers.

The same thing applies with the EU Reset time. The goal should be to allow as many in the EU as possible to participate. It is a fun, exciting “Special Event” completely unique to WvW and I for one am very happy so many more people are going to be able to be a part of it!

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

Does west coast NA outweigh every other NA timezone though?

Heck, call it 5.30-6pm Pacific even and you’re still talking a much fuller evening of WvW for all concerned than 7pm would be. I just think 5pm would maximise the amount of time available for everyone to play on a Friday night.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Ghedoriah.4290)

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

It will be 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern during the Winter when the US is off Daylight Savings.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

9pm Central/ 10 pm Eastern during daylights savings time is still a late time to start for those with families and obligations on Saturdays

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

Thanks for this.

Now just a week after the decision to change everyone’s reset time a solution has been found.

My Jon Stewart moment. You know how he loves to plays video cuts of the same person reporting diametrically opposed positions!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reset time changed to 21:59 UTC

in World vs World

Posted by: DevonCarver

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Changing-WvW-Match-Reset-Times

Feel free to move the discussion here. The WvW matchup is reset at the same time because of the way the system works. We can’t separate the reset time for EU and NA because of this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The take-away from this is . . . measure twice, cut once!

(edited by Ragnarz.1750)

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I do also have to ask why the new NA time was set to later than the old NA times and query the EU reset time full stop. Yes, I know the 22:00 UTC reset was felt too early for the NA group, but this didn’t actually take away from actual play-time after reset – NA players still had a full evening’s play ahead of them when they got back home, EU players could play for at least a couple of hours before they had to call it a night and the Oceanics/SEA players would still have a full day ahead of them when they woke up that morning.

Now, with these new times (with the assumption that this is meant for standard, as opposed to DST), NA is as follows:
Players in Eastern/Central are going in at 9pm or 10pm. For those who have work/other commitments/don’t normally stay up all night, you might have a couple of hours of play ahead of you, down from the full evening you had when it was starting at 7/8pm.
Players in Pacific are going in at 7pm. Not bad, I doubt you’ll hear many complaints from them.
Players from EU are going in from anywhere from 3am (UK-only) to 6am. This essentially means that Friday night reset does not actually exist for EU players unless they’re going to stay up all night/get up rather early in the morning for it.
Players from Oceanic/SEA timezones are going to be in closer to actual reset, but it hasn’t sounded like most of them felt hard done by being in a couple of hours later.

Overall, it’s good news for folks in PDT, indifferent news for Oceanics/SEA and pretty kitten awful for east coast/EU.

From the EU perspective, I don’t really feel the need to explain how awful it is for NA players or otherwise when I can just break this down with people from EU anyway:
Players from the UK, Portugal and Iceland are going in at 20:00. It’s later than I think most of them would enjoy, but it’s still a good few hours.
Players from other western EU countries are heading in at 21:00.
Players from eastern EU countries are heading in at 22:00 or 23:00.
For both of these examples, I’ll highlight my earlier comments about this actually being nothing like what many would’ve hoped to be a full evening of WvW. It’s not really taking it away from them, as EU players have never had it so good, but it’s still far from ideal.

My honest recommendations? Both should be starting at about 5pm or 5.30pm for the earliest “affected” timezone. That would be, say, 5pm for Pacific, which would mean that more eastern NA timezones would also have a full evening of play and not entirely disable EU players from participating with their guilds whatsoever. Similarly, 5pm for the UK would give everyone concerned a very full evening of play.

I realise ANet are obviously concerned that everyone should be able to participate in WvW and accordingly have been trying to juggle things around to make it better. I can respect that, but I think they still need a slight tweaking even now to make them as best as possible for the greatest number of people.

Well that’s all nice and stuff, but I guess ~1,832,593 players disagree.
The new system is great and totally fine.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I am in no way saying the new Reset time is perfect or ideal for people on the East Coast, but at least you can be there right at Reset for an hour or two – an option West Coast players simply don’t have at all with a 5pm PT Reset.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Thanks for this.

Now just a week after the decision to change everyone’s reset time a solution has been found.

I was going to pull a Jon Stewart. You know how he loves to take old video of some <fill in the blank> and play it against the most recent comments by same dumdum in which the 2 vidz are completely diametrically opposed.

I can not do that because the post in question has been deleted. Now if I am incorrect and am my memory is false I apologize but I distinctly recall a post whose gist was as follows:

DevonCarver:
I talked to our server guys and they said it can not be done.

It is however still fully possible that it was entirely correct at the time Devon made that post (it was quite some time ago after all), and that they did manage to find a solution for it just a day or two ago.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I think the most important takeaway from this is Devon said it would be a priority and it actually happened.

While I’m sure some of the other things he’s said are a priority (re-evaluating wXP Rewards for example) might be more complicated and take longer – it still bodes well to know that it just might happen, and sooner than 8 months from now.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Ragnarz.1750

Thanks for this.

I was going to pull a Jon Stewart. You know how he loves to take old video of some <fill in the blank> and play it against the most recent comments by same dumdum in which the 2 vidz are completely diametrically opposed.

I can not do that because the post in question has been deleted. Now if I am incorrect and am my memory is false I apologize but I distinctly recall a post whose gist was as follows:

DevonCarver:
I talked to our server guys and they said it can not be done.

It is however still fully possible that it was entirely correct at the time Devon made that post (it was quite some time ago after all), and that they did manage to find a solution for it just a day or two ago.

I found the post and edited my original statement. It was SIX, that is 6, days ago. An eternity for a fruit fly and a mere instant in the world of software development.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I found the post and edited my original statement. It was SIX, that is 6, days ago. An eternity for a fruit fly and a mere instant in the world of software development.

We do not know the amount of people involved in the server team, but lets say it is 10 people, just to have a number.
If those 10 people focused everything on this issue it is fully possible to solve it within that time. It was about 32 hours (if they work 8 hours a day and don’t work on weekends) and in that time 10 people can come up with and test quite a few things.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

I am in no way saying the new Reset time is perfect or ideal for people on the East Coast, but at least you can be there right at Reset for an hour or two – an option West Coast players simply don’t have at all with a 5pm PT Reset.

As a result though, they are unable to play for nearly as long as players in Pacific. This is not quibbling over a short amount of time – east coast players who might only play ’til midnight or 1am have most of their evening wasted waiting around for reset, then can only play for two or three hours. Even an extra hour earlier (6pm Pacific) would make a significant difference to them.

If not being on immediately at reset were genuinely that much more of a problem, compared to being able to play for the maximum time possible, don’t you think that the Oceanic players would’ve been up in arms for the past months?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dalaen.1954

Dalaen.1954

Can we get some clarification on the EU reset times, as mentioned above – the german announcement does mention different times than the english one.

UTC = GMT
CEST aka MESZ = UTC+2
EDT = UTC-4

This announcement: 9pm GMT = 9pm UTC
German announcement: 10pm CEST = 10pm UTC+2 = 10pm UTC.

Who is right? You might consider this handy converter when you announce times.

I am thinking precisely the same here. French announcement said the reset will happens 20:00 Paris hour (they quote 19:00 BST), which corresponds to 18:00 UTC.
Here you say it’s 21:00 Paris hour (19:00 UTC)
Who’s right?

in WvW

Ragnarz.1750

I think the most important takeaway from this is Devon said it would be a priority and it actually happened.

You and some others are missing the point completely. A change was discussed, a decision made and software scheduling modified. A week later, a reversal. It calls in question the decision making process. You should not affect every player in the game on a whim. I am very pleased that the poor decision is being rectified yet I am concerned that there is not an effective protocol in place governing these decisions.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizard.6829

Wizard.6829

So is this another 1 week trial time? it was 7pm for me then with daylight it went to 8pm. Then they moved it up 2 hours when most people were at work still. The noticed the impact so now they are moving later 2 hours from original and will find out Hay people work on weekends and they will be in bed right after reset. Why could they not leave well enough alone and separate the 2 servers leaving us at the not too late, not to early times?

On the open minded side I understand people are in work later than us on the east coast so maybe meet in the middle instead of 9pm/10pm(daylight savings time) move it to 8pm/9pm. That way west coast it is a little early but not bad, west coast a little late but not bad, ideal time for gmt. All in balance.
Just my 2cents.

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

A logical and sensible solution. What is THAT doing in an MMO? Times have certainly changed

While I’m sure some of the other things he’s said are a priority (re-evaluating wXP Rewards for example) might be more complicated and take longer – it still bodes well to know that it just might happen, and sooner than 8 months from now.

A good point. The MMO community usually remembers when devs dont deliver, it’s good to remind them when they see ones that do. Of course, that is something we have seen with ArenaNet.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

As a result though, they are unable to play for nearly as long as players in Pacific. This is not quibbling over a short amount of time – east coast players who might only play ’til midnight or 1am have most of their evening wasted waiting around for reset, then can only play for two or three hours. Even an extra hour earlier (6pm Pacific) would make a significant difference to them.

If not being on immediately at reset were genuinely that much more of a problem, compared to being able to play for the maximum time possible, don’t you think that the Oceanic players would’ve been up in arms for the past months?

The trouble I have with your statement is on the most populated Tiers/Servers those West Coast people previously got home only to waste most of their evening sitting in queue while listening to their East Coast friends and Guildmates playing in WvW on Reset until those people were done for the night – leaving “Reset sloppy seconds” as it were for West Coast players.

This way at least most everybody in NA has a chance to play during the most exciting 2-3 hours immediately following Reset.

And also Oceanics were able to get on at Reset (8am AUS/10am SEA Saturday) till this past week (6am AUS/8am SEA Saturday).

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

We are not planning to adjust the server times for DST, because it is just overly complicated to keep up with. As of Friday, taking into account DST, the match up will reset at 6 PM on the West Coast of the United States, which is 9 PM on the East Coast. It will reset at 7 PM in the U.K.

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

We are not planning to adjust the server times for DST, because it is just overly complicated to keep up with. As of Friday, taking into account DST, the match up will reset at 6 PM on the West Coast of the United States, which is 9 PM on the East Coast. It will reset at 7 PM in the U.K.

SO NA will now reset at UTC 1AM Saturday, here on out?

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

You mean 8pm in the UK, you originally posted 7pm GMT, the UK is no longer in gmt we’re in bst now so this is gmt +1. Devon could you use UTC timecodes instead as everyone knows how to work it out from there, some people forget that countries add an hour during summer so the times get skewed.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

No, he probably does mean 7pm – all of the areas he talked about are currently in daylight savings. Wouldn’t say it’s 100% ideal for EU, but certainly makes more sense for NA if it’s not being changed around daylight savings.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You mean 8pm in the UK, you originally posted 7pm GMT, the UK is no longer in gmt we’re in bst now so this is gmt +1. Devon could you use UTC timecodes instead as everyone knows how to work it out from there, some people forget that countries add an hour during summer so the times get skewed.

I guess that just reinforces the " it is just overly complicated to keep up with" claim. :P

in WvW

Saint Scarlet.2906

Well he’s given the UK 2 reset start times now , so is it 7pm or 8pm. Hence me asking for it in UTC time seeing as he’s confused himself into thinking the UK is still on gmt, which we haven’t been for a month now. Either one doesn’t matter really overly much, it’s just it would help us plan things better if we had a concrete reset time.

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jeromai.8203

Jeromai.8203

Thank you for managing to separate reset times for NA and EU servers so quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Annatar.2907

Annatar.2907

The trouble I have with your statement is on the most populated Tiers/Servers those West Coast people previously got home only to waste most of their evening sitting in queue while listening to their East Coast friends and Guildmates playing in WvW on Reset until those people were done for the night – leaving “Reset sloppy seconds” as it were for West Coast players.

This way at least most everybody in NA has a chance to play during the most exciting 2-3 hours immediately following Reset.

And also Oceanics were able to get on at Reset (8am AUS/10am SEA Saturday) till this past week (6am AUS/8am SEA Saturday).

Someone give this man a medal for actually getting the point unlike most people in the thread :P The new times are the fairest for NA. Hands down. No argument. There is no fairer time slot they could have picked that allows the most NA players to have a chance to get in on reset.

Not everyone always gets what they want, so while it’s a little inconvenient that CST/EST times moved up (I’m CST myself), at least PST folks can actually join in at reset now. Guess what, PST being able to actually play in WvW at all on reset evening wins over the slight inconvenience of EST playing a little less.

in WvW

Posted by: NexForce.1654

NexForce.1654

WOOOT!! no need to rush home and eat dinner for reset time… sounds kind of sad…..

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

If your latest post…

It will reset at 7 PM in the U.K.

… is true, then your original post…

European matchup will reset at 19:00 GMT

… is not true.

When it’s 7PM in the UK, it will not be 19PM GMT, the UK is currently not at GMT.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Tallis is right.
There are many time zone names in EU,
CET,CEST (GMT+1,GMT+2) – central europe time and Summer time
WET and WEST (GMT, GMT+1)- western europe time and western europe summer time
BST – brittish summer time
EET amd EEST (GMT+2, GMT+3)- eastern Europe, ahh you can figure

So 19:00 GMT is 20:00 in UK, 21:00 in Czech and so on. There is no EU county currently having GMT at summer.

in WvW

Hule.8794

Sorry Iceland having GMT all year

in WvW

Saint Scarlet.2906

Thats why i asked Devon to confirm the EU reset time and to do it in UTC time, that way there can be no mistakes for anyone.

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Hule.8794

In first post he wrote 19:00 GMT its 19:00 UTC, 20:00 in UK
I suppose that first post is right as he actually get those numbers from somebody inside company.
That"mistake" made inside topic i assume was made because of chaos in timezones in EU
And I suppose he is from US and dont know much about DS in UK, that now there is GMT+1 in UK.

in WvW

Saint Scarlet.2906

Yeah thats what i think but would like it to be confirmed by him, gmt and utc are the same but alot of people still use gmt to mean bst which confuses alot of people.

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

EU players on NA can’t really complain about reset times based around… NA times...its not servers based around your times, if you want EU friendly times should be on an EU server. The odds of them trying to switch reset on NA to a more EU friendly time is pretty low, just thinking about it makes me wonder why you would even think that would happen.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in WvW

Posted by: Swampy.1359

Swampy.1359

Well, my guild’s going to be happy with me never being online for reset night.
Yes i live in the UK and play on NA servers..

Guess im stuck with a choice, either move back to EU servers or quit playing…
Yep, ill quit playing

in WvW

Hule.8794

@Swampy or you can be ingame at NA reset as you were for last 7 months(except last week) and you were not complaining

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Or you guild could understands it’s 4 am for you and that you’ll be around for playing at other times? Sure, it sucks missing reset, but it is the best solution for the majority of players on that continent… The continent the server group is based on.

As a EU playing NA, you should always have expected stuff like that could happen, and decided you were fine (or not fine) with it before you got settled.

in WvW

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

I am also really disappointing on this change because mainly I play WvW from UK with my friends on NA.

But not only that, all this means the is that WvW QUEUE will be be much longer…… Resetting the time for the West Coast doesn’t guarantee that they will be able to play. All it does is reduced your chance of getting in after reset as everyone will be fighting to get in.

Yes i know life is not fair but look at everything before your make your changes..

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I am also really disappointing on this change because mainly I play WvW from UK with my friends on NA.

But not only that, all this means the is that WvW QUEUE will be be much longer…… Resetting the time for the West Coast doesn’t guarantee that they will be able to play. All it does is reduced your chance of getting in after reset as everyone will be fighting to get in.

Yes i know life is not fair but look at everything before your make your changes..

So, how would you suggest they made it fair? There will ALWAYS be people that will get negatively effected, no matter what they do. (That is of course unless they make the reset personal for every single player in the game, and that would never work)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well done Devon. I know there was a lot of criticism for the decision last week. This message today was the best possible news and exactly what was needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Thanks Devon. You are a true superstar and I never expected separate reset times to come about so quickly

EU resets are going to be a whooole lot more interesting now they’re at prime time, not nightcapping time

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Great news!
I’m surprised, it was so easy to manage for your server guys.

Devon: “Can you push the reset on eu servers to a seperate timeframe, e.g. xx:xx GMT?”
Server Guy: “No way. There is some pretty kitten movies in that timeslot. NO WAY!”
Devon: “What if I tape them for you?”
Server Guy: “Deal.”

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in WvW

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

Someone give this man a medal for actually getting the point unlike most people in the thread :P The new times are the fairest for NA. Hands down. No argument. There is no fairer time slot they could have picked that allows the most NA players to have a chance to get in on reset.

Not everyone always gets what they want, so while it’s a little inconvenient that CST/EST times moved up (I’m CST myself), at least PST folks can actually join in at reset now. Guess what, PST being able to actually play in WvW at all on reset evening wins over the slight inconvenience of EST playing a little less.

You know what I find funny about view here is that now all of NA will be fighting to hop on right at reset, so guess what you could easily still be in a queue and since even more people will be vying for those WvW spots your queue might be even longer. Oh, and how about the East Coast NA players who because of the increased number of reset players end up getting stuck in queue and never get a chance to hop on that night because by the time they get in they are about ready to pass out making their entire night a waste.

I mean yes it’s nice that the West Coast NA players can hop on right at reset, but I’m just waiting for the raging about excessive queue times, that will be even more pronounced now, and East Coast players raging at not having a chance to get on at reset night at a reasonable hour due to those increased queue times. (Please note this issue is primarily for the top tier servers.)

On the upside, maybe this will cause some guilds to finally shift from those high tiers that are overly stacked. I mean not that it will truly affect me considering my current server barely has queues to begin with.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

(edited by Grieve.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

Thank you!

NA West Coast Player

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

To clear up my confusion, which has caused everyone else to get confused, I’ve updated the original post to correctly indicate when we are resetting. The times are:

01:00 UTC Saturday for NA matchups.
18:00 UTC Friday for EU matchups.

I’ll take full responsibility for this mess and will add this to my collection of arguments against daylight saving time.

in WvW

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

To clear up my confusion, which has caused everyone else to get confused, I’ve updated the original post to correctly indicate when we are resetting. The times are:

I’ll take full responsibility for this mess and will add this to my collection of arguments against daylight saving time.

Thanks for the clarification Devon

(Let’s bring down DST, yeah!)

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in WvW

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

So, how would you suggest they made it fair? There will ALWAYS be people that will get negatively effected, no matter what they do. (That is of course unless they make the reset personal for every single player in the game, and that would never work)

I wasn’t complaining on the fact that they changed the timing. I was making a point that it was kinda pointless. It doesn’t matter when the reset happens, its the 2 – 5 mins after it does. Within that time frame you will either get in wvw or queue up which can take hours. However if they left it as is or how they reset earlier like last Friday that should allow the west coast players to continue fight since they will be able to get in after the first wave of players leave.

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Ah ty Devon

So that will be 2am BST

Time zones, my arch-nemesis ;-; (including cliffs)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Saint Scarlet.2906

Thankyou Devon this helps us a lot. We had been preparing for the reset 1 hour later than it would have been.

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square