Siegrazor... really?

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Almostfaceman.1804

Almostfaceman.1804

There’s like no requirement for this besides having at least 10 people to activate the dude. They don’t have to be outmanned. The forts they’re attacking don’t have to be fortified. They can use the OP turkey every 30 minutes. Tons of free siege, whether they really need it or not. As an aid in time of need, I can see a use for him. Otherwise, it’s just a goofy tool that’s over-used to harass some poor fool’s border. kitten or get rid of Siegrazor.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

You’re forgetting the fact that the activating team can’t hold anything else on the map

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

no moleless, they just don’t have to be holding that tower.

On that note, Siegerazer needs a 2 hour cooldown!
It also needs to be banned from enemy BL’s, so only allowed in EB and in your own citadel for the 2 north towers.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: IcerXx.3670

IcerXx.3670

breakouts were designed to give people a method to break into an enemies border, as it was obnoxiously difficult to when they had everything upgraded and sieged up. The fact it makes 2 useless towers hard to defend, and easy to capture, means nothing in the grand scheme of things, as the other servers have to deal with it too.

Stromgarde-[STRM]
Icer Xx
Maguuma

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

breakouts were designed to give people a method to break into an enemies border, as it was obnoxiously difficult to when they had everything upgraded and sieged up. The fact it makes 2 useless towers hard to defend, and easy to capture, means nothing in the grand scheme of things, as the other servers have to deal with it too.

The server that has less people has it harder to deal with because they can’t bring it out as much and they have to deal with fighting superior numbers in their own bl + BO event.

Ruins of Surmia

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: IcerXx.3670

IcerXx.3670

You know, you don’t HAVE to kill siegerazer, just let him stand in front of your tower, he doesn’t hit the gate, and he can’t restart the Breakout unless you kill him. This is something that is known in almost every tier by this point.

Stromgarde-[STRM]
Icer Xx
Maguuma

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Yeah tell that to the derplings, i’ve been saying that every day for the past couple of weeks not to kil lhim yet there’s always that one guy who build cannons and bkeeps on killing him and next we know tower is gone.

Ruins of Surmia

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Yeah tell that to the derplings, i’ve been saying that every day for the past couple of weeks not to kil lhim yet there’s always that one guy who build cannons and bkeeps on killing him and next we know tower is gone.

Pretty much this, there’s always a couple of randoms unable to read the chat and end up killing him. Having to keep him alive is a silly mechanic anyway, and I laugh at the supposed purpose of the guy. Apparently he’s for breaking into a border, but the thing is that if you need Siegerazer to capture that tower, there’s no way you’re going to even get close to taking one of the keeps or northern towers, where there undoubtedly will be more defenders.

Siegerazer can stay the way he is at the citadel waypoint, but I think the NPCs at the border waypoints should be changed to have a way longer cooldown, and I actually wouldn’t mind seeing him disappear completely.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

You actually do have to not own any other fortified structure on the map for siegerazor to spawn (camps don’t count to this). The thing is, he doesn’t despawn if you do happen to retake other towers, meaning you could lose your third of EB (say blue third), retake QL, Durios and VK, and then use the two breakouts for Brav and Lang after. IMO this is the problem that needs to be fixed – have all breakouts not in progress go away once the conditions for their spawn are cancelled. Also they don’t despawn if you take the tower without activating them, so usually in EB there are two breakouts sitting in spawn when we own all the third of the map.

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

I love this mechanic, it’s great when there’s no commander around to have the pugs something to gather up on. Just give up the bottom two towers, who cares? It makes it so much more likely the other side will show up if they have towers and you’ll get to have fun.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Endemonadia.8593

Endemonadia.8593

Seigerazor sucks and its totally weak!

Whenever my realm has used Seigerazor hes been nuked down before he can be of any use. If anything they need to create a totally new and more useful method of ‘Breakout’, something which actually helps the weaker team.

For example, why should it require 10 people to activate?

If ur losing then ur generally Outmanned and finding 10 people often isnt even possible! Having a population requirement for ‘Breakout’ is stupid.

(edited by Endemonadia.8593)

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Whenever my realm has used Seigerazor hes been nuked down before he can be of any use. If anything they need to create a totally new and more useful method of ‘Breakout’, something which actually helps the weaker team.

If ur losing then ur generally Outmanned and finding 10 people often isnt even possible! Having a population requirement for ‘Breakout’ is stupid.

If you are outmanned, you can not take and defend a tower with less than 10 players anyway

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This event is a complete joke. Besides my simple opinion that servers shouldnt be rewarded for losing, by getting free supply, free invulnerable siege, and 2 champions.

This event has such a basic criteria to happen, its beyond a joke. It will happily happen that the server thats leading by 50K points on Friday, holds everything on all the other maps and is the current nr1 in the matchup/entire ranking, to get a bloody breakout event. Sure, because they needed it, right?

Get those PvE weaksauce crutches out of WvW!

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

naphack.9346

Remove Siegerazer and return orbs!
Or leave orbs out and leave Siegerazer in.
We need one little thing to actually get us to set foot in an enemy borderland. Either a good foothold(Siegerazer) or an actual reason to fight there(orbs).

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

If you are outmanned, you can not take and defend a tower with less than 10 players anyway

So my point that Seiegrazor dies before hes any use missed u right?

Im guessing ur playing at low tiers because at higher tiers Seigerazor is a joke cos hes killed so easily anyway. The seige protection falls before u can even do 50% damage to the target tower too… again its bad game design.

A Breakout event should not have any form of population requirement, end of discussion.

Its counter productive.

Oh and for the record ive seen plenty of examples where 5 people have defended a tower, so your point is both ignorant and uninformed.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

There are so many things about breakouts that make the game worse that it should simply be removed. If I had to give one, it’s that breakouts in no way accomplish why they were stated to be put in.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

naphack.9346

Im guessing ur playing at low tiers because at higher tiers Seigerazor is a joke cos hes killed so easily anyway. The seige protection falls before u can even do 50% damage to the target tower too… again its bad game design.

A Breakout event should not have any form of population requirement, end of discussion.

Its counter productive.

Oh and for the record ive seen plenty of examples where 5 people have defended a tower, so your point is both ignorant and uninformed.

So you want to tell me, higher tier servers got such a high population, that Siegerazer dies before he can reach the tower yet you can not manage to field 10 players to trigger the event?
just what did you smoke, man?

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

Its counter productive.

So you want to tell me, higher tier servers got such a high population, that Siegerazer dies before he can reach the tower yet you can not manage to field 10 players to trigger the event?
just what did you smoke, man?

???

Your point makes no sense… but ill try to answer u.

When Seiegerazor is activated obviously there are 10 players present. Hes killed (and so is all of the seige weapons) before the tower is taken. Yes this happens pretty much all of the time at high levels. Basically nobody bothers with Seigerazor cos its a total waste of time.

And im making a second point that its stupid having a population requirement on the Breakout event anyway.

What part of those 2 points dont u understand?

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

naphack.9346

You have 10 guys start the event, have 7 or 8 run with him, while your zerg rushes bay. Just drop Siegerazer as a bait and go for the tower on the other side. Drop Siegerazer, cap a couple supply camps. Of course, Siegerazer will fail, because the opponent will call in reinforcements once the bugger shows up. That time can be used to swing in somewhere else.
The point stands, Siegerazer allows you to have a better footing in enemy bl’s and having such a powerful strategic tool activated by a single player would be beyond stupid.
You actually want the tower? Bring a golem alongside siegerazer… Bring a zerg… There is enough possibilities to use the event any way you can imagine. Be creative.
Even if the event itself fails, already the fact, it exists, puts some pressure on the enemy.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

The problem the OP is talking about is that even after the tower is retaken, the quest to start it is usually still active, and people can actively use Siegerazer to DEFEND (from the outside) their tower.

Once the tower is taken he needs to GTFO the map.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

You have 10 guys start the event, have 7 or 8 run with him, while your zerg rushes bay. Just drop Siegerazer as a bait and go for the tower on the other side. Drop Siegerazer, cap a couple supply camps. Of course, Siegerazer will fail, because the opponent will call in reinforcements once the bugger shows up. That time can be used to swing in somewhere else.

U dont have to explain all of the various tactics at using Seigerazor, i fully understand all of them.

The tactic u have given is pretty easy to beat anyway. Once the enemy zerg turns up and sees nobody with seigerazor they just check the map and go to the tower/fort which has crossed swords where they can kill u.

Not a very good strat against a good WvW realm basically.

The point stands, Siegerazer allows you to have a better footing in enemy bl’s and having such a powerful strategic tool activated by a single player would be beyond stupid.

Explain to me why exactly?

My point is they need to TOTALLY redesign how the weak realm can get a foothold on the map. The Seigerazor event is bad game design.

You actually want the tower? Bring a golem alongside siegerazer… Bring a zerg… There is enough possibilities to use the event any way you can imagine. Be creative.
Even if the event itself fails, already the fact, it exists, puts some pressure on the enemy.

Bring a golem? – how exactly do u do that when u own nothing on a map and therefore have NO SUPPLIES? And u probably own little across all maps. This doesnt help the weak team whatsoever.

Bring a zerg? – the reason that u have nothing on a map in the first place is because u dont have enough players to put together an efficient zerg… where can they magically pull up a zerg from? Other maps where the zergs are also needed is unlikely.

The fact is (that u clearly dont understand) that u have nothing on a map for a reason and therefore players have left that map. There are only ever a few diehard players left who are prepared to try to fight for that map. Therefore Anet needs to design a Breakout system which rewards the hadnful of players who r prepared to put in some effort.

Your posts clearly show u dont play WvW at a competitive level.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

jamesigall.5938

If you just got pushed off the map, thats probably not the very best time to be starting a big push for a tower again. The enemy will have some scouts around, hell the zerg might still be there. Encouraging people to stick with the map theyre on is fine, but you have to weigh up the decisions – if you leave your zerg on the map, you’re going to be fighting a force that is better/bigger than yours (you got pushed off the map, this is true at this point) and not make many, if any, gains. Also, the enemy is free to send a few people into EB/your home BL to get started capping there, as they obviously already have an advantage on the current map. Alternatively, you can pull the force out of the map, head back to EB/your home BL, and get set to defend against their zerg. Here you have the defensive position, and if you get ready straight up you can stop the enemy momentum and start pushing again after.

Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

jamesigall.5938

Hmm apparently a post got deleted somewhere which caused a lot of the recent discussion to be wiped off the thread due to references

I guess my previous paragraph is a little out of context now.

Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

“doesn’t work” is a funny way to put it.
When would it work? When it gave the other server a guaranteed tower?
You gotta fight for your stuff. You can not blame the event not working when you fail to take a tower, it’s the way, you USE the event.
Really. The event is weak and doesn’t work… made my day…
I can actually think of a bunch of reasons to get rid of that event and “is weak, doesn’t work” is certainly not one of them.

Come play at our level cos Seigerazor works about 1 in 10 times.

We find Seigerazor events EASY to destroy before any tower is captured.

We spot the Breakout WITHIN SECONDS of it being activated and we move to the area to wipe out anyone trying to take any towers. Likewise, if we are trying to use Seigerazor our enemies are skilled enough to smash us up before we take a tower.

It doesnt function as its intended and thats a fact.

The Breakout system should give the weaker team a much bigger advantage to encourage them to play the map. Right now once u get into a Seigerazor situation the best thing to do is leave the map.

Maybe at low level WvW it works but i can assure u that good realms deal with it EASILY.

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Im on Piken and we played T2 for a while but are now leading in T3. We are one of the lowest populated realms EU and therefore we know all about low numbers across all maps.

Go home you’re drunk….
Piken square is one of the highest populated medium servers…

Ruins of Surmia

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Breakouts are fine. They allow a outmanned group to accomplish something, even if it doesn’t mean much. The siege is outside the tower so its basically useless after you take the tower, and he only gives 100 supply to the tower.

And they are easy to defeat if the defenders show up.

Sanctum of Rall

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Breakouts are fine. They allow a outmanned group to accomplish something, even if it doesn’t mean much. The siege is outside the tower so its basically useless after you take the tower, and he only gives 100 supply to the tower.

And they are easy to defeat if the defenders show up.

It’s usually the server that has more people that profits more from this >_> While the undermanned gets screwed and that is especially the case in the lower tier servers.

Ruins of Surmia

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

There are less than 25% of realms in the Medium category so even if we are one of the highest medium pop realms we are still in the bottom 25% populated realms. Both of our enemies in WvW are High to Full populated realms… i repeat – we are used to fighting against higher numbers.

Breakouts are fine. They allow a outmanned group to accomplish something, even if it doesn’t mean much.

And im telling u they achieve zero at higher levels on WvW.

Its nuked to death before a tower is taken pretty much every time its activated.

Its more productive for the losing team to move to another map than to waste time with a Breakout or to quit WvW altogether and do something else, or logout completely. And this is what we need to stop. Give us a Breakout which is stronger and more effective. Something to encourage the weak team to stay on the map and fight.

Right now the best strategy is to leave the map and possibly return once u think the enemy team has got bored and left the map. Is it right that the WvW mechanics encourage players to logout?

Ofc not.

Anet needs to create a breakout system which is effective and makes it worth the weaker team staying on the map to play. I personally think they need to create something which is ALMOST unstoppable so its fun for the weak team to participate in. That tiny chance the strong team can beat it should be enough for them to try to stop it.

At the end of the day the weaker team being handed 1 tower almost for free isnt going to effect the overall score much. Especially because it can be retaken by the stronger team if theyre on the ball.

But what we r trying to achieve here is to encourage the weaker team to stay on the map and play. Dont forget that.

(edited by Endemonadia.8593)

Siegrazor... really?

in WvW

naphack.9346

There are less than 25% of realms in the Medium category so even if we are one of the highest medium pop realms we are still in the bottom 25% populated realms. Both of our enemies in WvW are High to Full populated realms… i repeat – we are used to fighting against higher numbers.

Breakouts are fine. They allow a outmanned group to accomplish something, even if it doesn’t mean much.

And im telling u they achieve zero at higher levels on WvW.

Its nuked to death before a tower is taken pretty much every time its activated.

Its more productive for the losing team to move to another map than to waste time with a Breakout or to quit WvW altogether and do something else, or logout completely. And this is what we need to stop. Give us a Breakout which is stronger and more effective. Something to encourage the weak team to stay on the map and fight.

Right now the best strategy is to leave the map and possibly return once u think the enemy team has got bored and left the map. Is it right that the WvW mechanics encourage players to logout?

Ofc not.

Anet needs to create a breakout system which is effective and makes it worth the weaker team staying on the map to play. I personally think they need to create something which is ALMOST unstoppable so its fun for the weak team to participate in. That tiny chance the strong team can beat it should be enough for them to try to stop it.

At the end of the day the weaker team being handed 1 tower almost for free isnt going to effect the overall score much. Especially because it can be retaken by the stronger team if theyre on the ball.

But what we r trying to achieve here is to encourage the weaker team to stay on the map and play. Dont forget that.

How about you just wait for someone from JQ to voice his opinion?
Higher tiered is not possible and as you are so proud of being from a “high tier server”, you’ll probably respect his/her opinion.
Also, 25%? Because the 25% with med pop actually compete against the 75% with high pop?
Please get your facts straight. 90% of med pop servers are in europe. So your server is actually in the top 70% of all the matchups relevant for you population wise. So much to low population server. Only cause NA has higher populations for tier 7 than we have for tier 3 doesn’t mean anything for you. Fact remains, in your possible matchups, you are still one of the higher populated servers.