So now that siege capping is legitimate-

in WvW

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Should servers start to organize saboteur hours and spy coverage? It seems actually a large majority of people in GW2 have zero problem with this and supports it unlike me and it seems it’s only going to get bigger as time goes on. I suppose top tier servers will no longer be able to compete with each other unless that have just as much saboteur coverage as each other, as making sure the enemy is siege capped 24/7 will become more important as the fighting become more intense. I just shudder to think of the day where gates will be only be able to be destroyed by hand though because there’s hundreds of flame rams inside your spawn, that’s going to suck.

But from what I’ve seen, I’d say a good 50% of this board has zero problem with this ‘strategy’ and thinks its his right to do as he pleases. Oh well.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Not sure how you get that people are ok with it.

More concerns are having legit players get caught in a ban for just playing the game and actually helping to siege up a area for their server, not just siege capping.

I’ll toss down a bunch of siege also to defend a area and I don’t care to get one of the proposed bannings for sieging up a area and I’m not a siege spammer.

It is a complicated issue. Stating that it is legit is far fetched.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Should servers start to organize saboteur hours and spy coverage? It seems actually a large majority of people in GW2 have zero problem with this and supports it unlike me and it seems it’s only going to get bigger as time goes on. I suppose top tier servers will no longer be able to compete with each other unless that have just as much saboteur coverage as each other, as making sure the enemy is siege capped 24/7 will become more important as the fighting become more intense. I just shudder to think of the day where gates will be only be able to be destroyed by hand though because there’s hundreds of flame rams inside your spawn, that’s going to suck.

But from what I’ve seen, I’d say a good 50% of this board has zero problem with this ‘strategy’ and thinks its his right to do as he pleases. Oh well.

I don’t think 50% of this board have 0 problem with building hundreds of flame rams inside your spawn.

Not even close.

And as people have been suspended for doing this, I don’t see how its legit.

If you are building proper defensive siege in proper locations, I don’t think they can ban for that even if it puts you at siege cap.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Only when you’re in T1 you get suspended, in our T2 it seems to be allowed!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Lyndis.2584

I don’t think 50% of this board have 0 problem with building hundreds of flame rams inside your spawn.

Not even close.

If you are building proper defensive siege in proper locations, I don’t think they can ban for that even if it puts you at siege cap.

In a thread I made a while ago about the subject, the debate was split evenly over it being okay and it not being so.

The same person in my server has been running around doing this every day for a few weeks and nothing has happened midst probably hundreds of reports and screencaps. Nothing doing.

Seems like it’s on its way to becoming a part of the game to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

Just be happy it is just siege capping. In Eve Online, we had denial of service attacks on our comm systems during large fleet battles.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Not even close.

In a thread I made a while ago about the subject, the debate was split evenly over it being okay and it not being so.

The same person in my server has been running around doing this every day for a few weeks and nothing has happened midst probably hundreds of reports and screencaps. Nothing doing.

You were talking about the guy putting arrow carts on your wall. which can be used to shoot attackers, this is different than someone spamming arrowcarts/ballista where you cant really use them.

You didn’t make the case the person was attempting to seigecap you intentionally vs him playing his game to fortify your keep like fort knox. And customer support has to determine that the intent of siege spamming is to grief. It wasn’t clear in that case.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Lyndis.2584

Not even close.

You were talking about the guy putting arrow carts on your wall. which can be used to shoot attackers, this is different than someone spamming arrowcarts/ballista where you cant really use them.

You didn’t make the case the person was attempting to seigecap you intentionally vs him playing his game to fortify your keep like fort knox. And customer support has to determine that the intent of siege spamming is to grief. It wasn’t clear in that case.

I’m talking about the one putting a hundred arrows carts and rams in the center of our spawn.

4/20 was yesterday. Drop the weed.