Sorrow's F./Henge of D./Devona's R. (12/14)

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

“illusions of grandeur” seems to be the order of the day in this thread. Was hoping for some good WvWvW reading but was sadly disappointed. Can we get some good WvWvW talk going?

Stylii Elementalist
(NoQQ)

With wintersday going what else would you expect to find in game? I just hope HoD fights you again on a non-wintersday week so we can show you what we’re really made of.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

You kainengs want to come in here and change the thread topic into a server bashing, chest thumping thread. We’re trying to move on from the previous match up, you want to come here and bring us back into that crap. 8 weeks of it is enough, let’s move on.

Edit: I do miss fighting some kaineng guilds, SoS KR KAIN. Good luck in your current match up.

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

(edited by Junkhaus.4301)

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

As a note Junk: My point to Ginkeuri was simply that individual Skill DOES help the Team/Server. If you’re individually stronger, then your Guild and Server both are stronger because you’re more useful. Imagine, if you will, a Zerg full of Envy Mesmers. That would be FAR more frightening than any other Zerg, not because they’re Mesmers…but because they are -skilled- Mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

A few weeks of kain or ferg winning their tier and lets watch that thread turn into – OMG x server only wins because of numbers. Who ever is on top for a period of time becomes the zerg server because that the go to reason for the other 2 losing and i would imagine they likely do have a greater WvW presence.
If SF and HoD have all gone to the monthly event thats their fault. Let me guess Devona has no-one doing the event – don’t kid yourself.
If you wanna 1vserver great you paid for the game – go do it, just save your QQing if others want to group up and fight together in this MMO. Ferg and Kain always said they didnt care about winning – but boy do they complain about DR winning. Ive seen numerous posts by DR trying to big up ferg and Kain, its a rare occasion that they can swallow their pride and return any complement.
Anyways i imagine the usual whinners will be back to post how great at smashing a server single handed they are and chucking out challenges like smarties. GL DR dont care.

Have fun play the game YOU paid for the way YOU want and let others do the same.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

Can’t wait to see DR get stomped on when they play a server that has as much pop as them. I killed 5 of you guys as a lvl 4 thief last night at 1 time. All you have going for you is numbers.

Kaineng, go back to your t8 forum. Your stalking us is really disturbing. Honestly I’ve had enough of you guys commenting on this thread that you have nothing to do with. We are done with your server, we do not miss you. I’ve slain plenty of kains in 1v3s, so what? Is that something special? Adult Magazine, all you have going for yourself is being anonymous and claiming to 1v5. This thread has become more about Kaineng wanting attention than it is about this current match. Kaineng, for the last time

Go Away

I’m in HoD just so you know, I was just informing you that you can only win in big groups, that’s why you guys have so much. 2 groups of DR in our BL that consist of about 50 people each is kinda hard to do anything against. Just wait until you play the higher up servers we have. They are going to destroy your zergs because they not only have more people but know how to play. Look what’s happening to GoM. They had just as many people as you.

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

@Adult Magazine.9052 There are allot of people on DR server that roam solo, so before you start saying we can only win as a zerg come and beat me down.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

Hey Adult, Nice to see our fellow tier members posting.
Your right we will eventually run into either overwhelming numbers and/or more tactical servers. I thought that lesson may come when we moved to this tier.
We have been able to field 2 large groups of about 15-20 in SF BL, i havent spent so much time in HoD.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

DR – Commander Firefly -

So far this match up has been on the slow side, I expect it to pick up eventually. I have seen a few strategies both kain/ferg never used which this new tier does, and I hope to pass on to my fellow guildies what I have seen so we can better ourselves. Adult Magazine, anyone in the right scenario can kill many people. I can hold off about 20 enemies given the right scenario, but I don’t come on here to brag about something like that because it happens so often.

SF/HOD I do hope to see more action in the coming days, or I may need to take zathorovarnur’s offer up =D

Cheers, Firefly.

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Tonight not much changed. Now I can sleep peacefully again.

Attachments:

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

The point isn’t about open forums? It is about pride. All someone said don’t get in our forums, i haven’t been in yours. Like I said, if anyone was in DR when it started knows. Months of losing, only taking camps, maybe +25 at most.

Good job all, even if Kain and Ferg can’t accept that, focus on your server. It is so petty to come here and post. I say good job cuz i mean it. and like I said, its not fair for low pop servers, but everytime i get some excuse, some reason, why I am not good enough as a DR. Too all we fighting, SF or henge, good job, keep it up, look only to ur tier server please. I dealt with too many excuses and too much crying to carry it over to the next, love u all

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

Good job all, i mean it

in WvW

Junkhaus.4301

Can’t wait to see DR get stomped on when they play a server that has as much pop as them. I killed 5 of you guys as a lvl 4 thief last night at 1 time. All you have going for you is numbers.

Kaineng, go back to your t8 forum. Your stalking us is really disturbing. Honestly I’ve had enough of you guys commenting on this thread that you have nothing to do with. We are done with your server, we do not miss you. I’ve slain plenty of kains in 1v3s, so what? Is that something special? Adult Magazine, all you have going for yourself is being anonymous and claiming to 1v5. This thread has become more about Kaineng wanting attention than it is about this current match. Kaineng, for the last time

Go Away

I’m in HoD just so you know, I was just informing you that you can only win in big groups, that’s why you guys have so much. 2 groups of DR in our BL that consist of about 50 people each is kinda hard to do anything against. Just wait until you play the higher up servers we have. They are going to destroy your zergs because they not only have more people but know how to play. Look what’s happening to GoM. They had just as many people as you.

That’s cool you are from HoD. Your posts are similar to the excuses from a few ppl in our previous matchup in t8 for the last 8 weeks. I see many people in DR with individual skills, you may not see them through your perspective, but they are there and they are many. Usually they are the ones doing the right thing in WvW, the reason why we broke away from t8 starting from weeks back.

Our “skill” is in our leaders (with and w/out icons), the ones who make our zergs sentient. Great, positive leadership in wvw is what attracts more people into wvw. 1v1’s are for fun and is the personal side of wvw, but that’s all it is for. I met a great duelist from SF, we dueled for hours and I brought my friends to also 1v1 him. We made good friends cross-server, and in the end this is what 1v1 is all about. It shouldn’t be about ego stroking.

Anyway, that’s my view on wvw. As for meeting another server that will crush our momentum, eh nothing lasts forever, you just gotta accept it. You guys who are what’s left of HoD/SF should know this by personal experience.

[OBEY]
Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

That’s cool you are from HoD. Your posts are similar to the excuses from a few ppl in our previous matchup in t8 for the last 8 weeks. I see many people in DR with individual skills, you may not see them through your perspective, but they are there and they are many. Usually they are the ones doing the right thing in WvW, the reason why we broke away from t8 starting from weeks back.

Listen. I know you guys are feeling pretty hot breaking out of T8, but lets lay down some facts here. Those of us at Henge who have been here the entire time (which is almost all of us, since really, who transfers to Henge) have seen every play in the book on the way down. We get stomped by a different overwhelming zerg every week. We get new tactics practiced and tested on us because, really, if it’ll work on anyone it’ll work on Henge right?

So you all at DR are best to listen up when we say that we know what the rest of the WvW bracket looks like. The message here is that you should be prepared to be sent right back down here like SF did. You remind us of them a few weeks ago, feel free to check that match-up’s score and how they’ve done since. It’s OK, we’ll wait a few weeks, we’ve waited months already, and it’s delicious every time.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Posted by: Divrocks.5718

Divrocks.5718

Henge just needs some organization before running in blindly

Night Nighttt the Necro
Deadly Legends [DDLG]
Droppin baddies since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Sylus.7530

Sylus.7530

Keep crying about our numbers, we were probably the lowest pop of the expansions, things happened, people transfered, we got better. There is more Kaineng in this thread than the current match-up.

in WvW

Posted by: Zeroumus.5402

Zeroumus.5402

i just want it to be clear out there, that Devona started as that server that had no foot hold in WvW, We kept at it, got better, and our on our way to the top while all you people that cry “Zerg” are on your way to the toilet league. We earned our move up from the bottom against so called zergs. and that is a FACT that you will soon realize
when your below us.

We earned our right to talk a little trash… enjoy

in WvW

Junkhaus.4301

i just want it to be clear out there, that Devona started as that server that had no foot hold in WvW, We kept at it, got better, and our on our way to the top while all you people that cry “Zerg” are on your way to the toilet league. We earned our move up from the bottom against so called zergs. and that is a FACT that you will soon realize
when your below us.

There is no need to go overboard with trash talking, same with whining or making excuses, or doomsday predictions, they’re all on the same level of stupid.

Regarding the HoD comment from Valenna, I meant that the most important “skill” is leadership as opposed to dueling talent, I didn’t mean my previous comment as a boast. You seem a little bitter, but I’ve already stated that we are going to probably meet a challenge in the future that will knock us down a peg. You don’t have to be so mean-spirited about our current momentum in wvw rating.

[OBEY]
Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

“illusions of grandeur” seems to be the order of the day in this thread. Was hoping for some good WvWvW reading but was sadly disappointed. Can we get some good WvWvW talk going?

Stylii Elementalist
(NoQQ)

Yea Ziz..its a shame the failboats from Kain/Ferg have trolled into this thread. Dont know why they wont stick to their tier, but no, they gotta drop into here and start their “we failed as a server because…” trolling. Funniest part is on their tier thread they started spamming “glad DR is gone so forum drama is over” and yet they jump here and start it up, AGAIN.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sajec.5302

I know how to stop the Kain/Ferg trolls here though. I could move PRO back to ET for a week and really upset them. Put them back to PvDooring again.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

As a Kaineng guy who “lurks” on this thread to see how DR is doing (grats guys, glad to see you’re doing well), I’d have to say there’s a bunch of hating going both ways – much like it was when you guys were T8 fellas. Bottom line, T8 may not be considered “leet”, but dang, it sure is fun. ET/FC put up some pretty fun fights, and that’s what it’s all about as far as I’m concerned.

It was really nice when DR was here too – basically, I could walk out any gate and find some DR guys to fight (along with FC too lol). I kill them, they kill me, and we all have a great time. Plus, when you’re fighting an overwhelming zerg, you tend to get tons of loot bags before you get smoked – just shoot in any direction and you’re bound to kill a bunch. Silver lining. ;-)

Edit: C’mon back down and say hello again, Dred. You guys were fun. :-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

As a Kaineng guy who “lurks” on this thread to see how DR is doing (grats guys, glad to see you’re doing well), I’d have to say there’s a bunch of hating going both ways – much like it was when you guys were T8 fellas. Bottom line, T8 may not be considered “leet”, but dang, it sure is fun. ET/FC put up some pretty fun fights, and that’s what it’s all about as far as I’m concerned.

It was really nice when DR was here too – basically, I could walk out any gate and find some DR guys to fight (along with FC too lol). I kill them, they kill me, and we all have a great time. Plus, when you’re fighting an overwhelming zerg, you tend to get tons of loot bags before you get smoked – just shoot in any direction and you’re bound to kill a bunch. Silver lining. ;-)

Edit: C’mon back down and say hello again, Dred. You guys were fun. :-)

Hiyas Dhamp! Posts like this one is kewl, its friendly hiyas, gluck to yas post. Not the lame follow-me trolls from above.

Gluck on winning, i’m watching u!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Adult Magazine.9052:

Adult Magazine… you seem a bit confused… ill see if i can help… World vs World vs World is where 3 Servers battle over 3 Homelands and Eternal Battle Grounds… it only allows a max number of players per Battle Land from any one server… before forcing a Queue once that limit is reached… we can not field more players than HoD at anytime because of the Queue… HoD can only decided not to show up to Defend or attemp to Conquer… that is HoD’s problem and has nothing to do w/ Devona’s Rest… If you have an issue w/ DR’s Numbers then Match Them… but Thank You for your concern about Devona’s Rest’s Future…

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Listen. I know you guys are feeling pretty hot breaking out of T8, but lets lay down some facts here. Those of us at Henge who have been here the entire time (which is almost all of us, since really, who transfers to Henge) have seen every play in the book on the way down. We get stomped by a different overwhelming zerg every week. We get new tactics practiced and tested on us because, really, if it’ll work on anyone it’ll work on Henge right?

So you all at DR are best to listen up when we say that we know what the rest of the WvW bracket looks like. The message here is that you should be prepared to be sent right back down here like SF did. You remind us of them a few weeks ago, feel free to check that match-up’s score and how they’ve done since. It’s OK, we’ll wait a few weeks, we’ve waited months already, and it’s delicious every time.

I’m from HoD originally, back when we held the coveted #1 spot. =) and yea, i can remember those 2-3 hour long supply camp fights, lol. I’ve been telling them we’ve got a lot to change, skills to learn, teamwork to solidify before we’re even remotely ready for something higher than midtier. but talk is just that talk…it will take meeting a server that has what we dont to get the majority to listen. Until then, gonna just have fun and wait. Eventually we’ll clash with the right, or wrong, server, and DR will see a lot of the “fair weather” fighters jump ship. That’s the point that DR will start to get better. (this was soooo obvious on Kaineng when WAR, iSpy, NoQQ, LARP all jumped ship. the server as a whole got a lot better in WvW)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zeroumus.5402

Zeroumus.5402

when your below us.

There is no need to go overboard with trash talking, same with whining or making excuses, or doomsday predictions, they’re all on the same level of stupid.

Regarding the HoD comment from Valenna, I meant that the most important “skill” is leadership as opposed to dueling talent, I didn’t mean my previous comment as a boast. You seem a little bitter, but I’ve already stated that we are going to probably meet a challenge in the future that will knock us down a peg. You don’t have to be so mean-spirited about our current momentum in wvw rating.

it was a written a little bitter because i think some people don not realize that we where that server on the bottom at one time.

I actually love the guys in Ferg and Kain now, at least we had some fun with them unlike our current match up. the good news is, i think kain and ferg will actually move up with us a little, I dont think they are gone forever. When we are done with Hod and SF, and then kain and ferg are done with them, we might be still seeing them.

in WvW

Posted by: ventrue.8472

ventrue.8472

The only reason we are currently in a zerg is because you cant get anything back do you think we captured everything by one massive zerg no there are guilds that go around there are small teams there is alot more to devonas rest then you all think also the big zergs are just groups of low levels wanting to jump on the xp trains with the odd 80s

Devona’s Rest: Lady Sheeky

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Crazy weekend, Gang. Didn’t expect this type of outcome by Sunday evening.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

DR is stoked for finally moving up a tier. I mean I know I am! I am freaking excited! Also Christmas stuff! Whee!

Likewise, I would expect this week especially to see a very high turnout of DR. I was literally fighting for a place in Wv3 upon reset because after so many weeks of the same something new like this just got me motivated (I had never started EB in the north keep, for instance, as DR had been green since well before Halloween).

The real question I have is whether or not the Wv3 presence will continue into later weeks. It might, and I’m not sure if I hope it will, but I am still curious.

in WvW

Posted by: Heros Slayer.7081

Heros Slayer.7081

well…I just want to say this match up against DR is not what i expected…HoD is better than this i know. I play on HoD and do nothing but WvW and our numbers are normally at least double what we have had this matchup. I think most of our server is doing wintersday stuff because I’m not even seeing half of the regulars in WvW. Anyways great work DR and sorry we haven’t provided you more of a challenge and I’m really mad about that 10 golem + zerg that you just used to take our garrison and dawns =)

Lvl 80 ranger
WvW member of LK on HoD
on a side note no one cares if you 1v3-5 in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

well…I just want to say this match up against DR is not what i expected…HoD is better than this i know. I play on HoD and do nothing but WvW and our numbers are normally at least double what we have had this matchup. I think most of our server is doing wintersday stuff because I’m not even seeing half of the regulars in WvW. Anyways great work DR and sorry we haven’t provided you more of a challenge and I’m really mad about that 10 golem + zerg that you just used to take our garrison and dawns =)

Psychatogs WvW Responseomatic(name change because forum mods don’t like the word “troll”…but this is clearly a list of auto responses to save myself time similar to the robotic emails they send)

[X]There is never too many golems
[] 1v1 don’t matter bro, if people are 1v1ing in wvw they’re just taking up space. go to spvp if you want small scale.
[]losers don’t get to set the rules, get on my lvl bro
[]No classes are OP, your just bad, if i can kill anyone 1v2 then so can you
[X] Im in your garry making wall rams with your supply
[] dodge while entering doorways, IN FACT dodge while doing everything
[] tanky dps > glass cannon
[] It wasnt 15 vs 25, it was 15 vs 18 mesmer clones and necro summons dont count as people
[] using the culling/rendering bug isn’t a display of skill, come back with a hammer train video
[] a server having coverage in a timezone that you don’t is your fault, not theirs.
[] All that matters is at the end of the week we have higher rating then you
[X] Kitten kitten kitten kitten
[X] Quick quote it before CLEARY bias mod deletes the post
[X] Custom response: yeah its no prob bro, DR doesn’t really pve so our numbers aren’t really affected

in WvW

Heros Slayer.7081

[X] Im in your garry making wall rams with your supply

that made me rofl…literally. just for that I’m coming to take it back soon as i get home from work =) hope you are ready

Lvl 80 ranger
WvW member of LK on HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Loyalty and being persistent is the reason we have numbers in WvW. We don’t give up. Many people wanna trash talk devona tring to find an excuse saying “oh its just numbers” . We have good players on pvp and bad players as every single server but there is a fact we have hard working people willing to win. To all those from SF and HoD talking kitten about Devona I am saying this not to hurt you or anything I am saying it because it’s a fact Kain and Fergusons had way better players then you guys and I honestly think they deserve to be in this tier.

I am sorry we have more dedicated players than you guys have and I am sorry about the broken match making system and free server transfers. Devona belongs to 3rd-5th tier bracket imo but due to the broken server ranking system we have to be in tier 6 and dominate at all times. We are tring to make it to tier 6 this week but seems like we gonna miss around 5k-10k rating at the end of the week unless GoM fails harder this week because devona is already doing max points.

I wish you guys good luck in next match up.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

Loyalty and being persistent is the reason we have numbers in WvW. We don’t give up. Many people wanna trash talk devona tring to find an excuse saying “oh its just numbers” . We have good players on pvp and bad players as every single server but there is a fact we have hard working people willing to win. To all those from SF and HoD talking kitten about Devona I am saying this not to hurt you or anything I am saying it because it’s a fact Kain and Fergusons had way better players then you guys and I honestly think they deserve to be in this tier.

A lot of what is on here from Henge is playful banter and pro Henge propaganda, have to keep our own spirits up too you know. Devona is doing really well this week, about the same as GoM if they had a little more strategy and a few less wall rams, and that’s during wintersday! I do honestly think HoD would give you guys a run for your money in at least our own borderlands if it wasn’t a holiday even though, we’ll just have to wait and see. =P

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

I am sorry we have more dedicated players than you guys have and I am sorry about the broken match making system and free server transfers. Devona belongs to 3rd-5th tier bracket imo but due to the broken server ranking system we have to be in tier 6 and dominate at all times. We are tring to make it to tier 6 this week but seems like we gonna miss around 5k-10k rating at the end of the week unless GoM fails harder this week because devona is already doing max points.

I wish you guys good luck in next match up.

we passed GoM 10 hours ago bro

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

I almost want Blackgate to tank to DR’s tier just to shut these guys up. You are T7 beating up on servers that were victims of mass exodus or servers that were notorious for bots ie FC and Kain or HoD/SF/ET.

Nothing special at all. Bottom tier in a week or two will be SF/ET/HoD
T7 – GoM/FC/Kain and DR will stabilize in T6.

Everyone else has gone through the ET/HoD beat up week; nobody really flaunted near as much as DR is right now.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

(edited by Alsonia.4753)

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Everyone else has gone through the ET/HoD beat up week; nobody really flaunted near as much as DR is right now.

This guy, this guy gets it.

As I said before, we’ve been kicked by everyone on our way down, we have literally seen it all. We’ve also taken note of the attitudes of every server we’ve hit on our little tumble. Some of them credited their amazing transformations, some of them complimented their organizational brilliance, some of them talked about their tactical prowess. The smart ones came and said “we had numbers, sorry you guys got screwed months ago, good luck in next tier down”.

Apparently I came off as bitter previously, but that ain’t it. It’s that we’ve seen this before, and it isn’t the last time we’ll see it. Most of us just smile, shake our heads, and give a quick laugh.

vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

It doesn’t help that the 1st week versus DR you have the Holiday event…That will hurt most Server’s numbers. Kinda hope something happens to let you guys have another shot at DR just so they have a chance to see what you’re capable of. Regardless…good luck to you guys and I imagine we’ll probably be seeing each other soon. If Kaineng does manage to “Beat up” on you guys, I promise, I’ll login my Thief and go into your Spawn point to just Dance party with you guys for a little while. Free meals provided and everything. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

One of the most boring match up ever… all the new gimmicks don’t help at all… time to move on.

MMO these days have life expectancy shorter than 3 months… what is wrong with the industry?

in WvW

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

I almost want Blackgate to tank to DR’s tier just to shut these guys up. You are T7 beating up on servers that were victims of mass exodus or servers that were notorious for bots ie FC and Kain or HoD/SF/ET.

Nothing special at all. Bottom tier in a week or two will be SF/ET/HoD
T7 – GoM/FC/Kain and DR will stabilize in T6.

Thank you! Honestly we’re not all like this. I don’t wanna play WvW because well, there is nobody to play against. We are not stomping because we’re “ub3r l33t mlg” it’s because there is next to nobody to fight. I’ve been watching HoD tank since TA broke up.

Also, to everybody in DR saying how amazing we are that we are dominating the other servers that we vastly outnumber. Stop, please stop, don’t make a fool of us all.

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Thank you! Honestly we’re not all like this. I don’t wanna play WvW because well, there is nobody to play against. We are not stomping because we’re “ub3r l33t mlg” it’s because there is next to nobody to fight. I’ve been watching HoD tank since TA broke up.

Also, to everybody in DR saying how amazing we are that we are dominating the other servers that we vastly outnumber. Stop, please stop, don’t make a fool of us all.

Though I hate myself for saying it…not all of them are at fault for that reason. Some simply refuse to admit how seriously outnumbered the Servers who’ve fought against you are. Some are the same size Servers, but with next to no WvW presence…I still remember having 3 people defending against a 20-30 man DR Zerg. I remember it because out of that entire Zerg, ONE person stopped and bowed, most of the others “Laughed” or danced on my dead body.

Edit: What I’m trying to say is the jerks so outnumber the cool people you have, that that one moment to me just seemed to represent DR as a whole. For every 20 jerks you have 1 awesome and cool person. I KNOW that all Servers have those kinda people, but unfortunately your population seems imbalanced towards them too much atm. I loved fighting DR and stole several of your tactics while trying to offer advice of my own. :p I wouldn’t offer suggestions if I hated you.

Anywho: To all people in Tier 7, I hope you have fun times. I hope when/if we meet up in battle we can remember that this is just a game and helping each other isn’t a crime.

(edited by StormWolf.7645)

in WvW

Heros Slayer.7081

well its time for me to go to bed so no more wvw for me tonight. just wanted to put this out there, even though we are getting stomped i enjoy fighting some of the people on the DR side. one group in particular was just 2 running around, a thief and i believe a guardian, might have been a warrior, they made a very strong duo. i couldnt beat them no matter how many times i tried but i had fun fighting them at spiritholme on several occasions.

Lvl 80 ranger
WvW member of LK on HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The message here is that you should be prepared to be sent right back down here like SF did. You remind us of them a few weeks ago, feel free to check that match-up’s score and how they’ve done since. It’s OK, we’ll wait a few weeks, we’ve waited months already, and it’s delicious every time.

Please remember that it was a small (but vocal) minority who were like that. The vast majority of us SFers knew the real story with the score during that particular match-up and didn’t fool ourselves into thinking that that crazy high score had anything to do with mad WvW skillz.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

I remember it because out of that entire Zerg, ONE person stopped and bowed, most of the others “Laughed” or danced on my dead body.

That could’ve been me. I’ve done that many of times, people who stand up while being outnumbered severely needs respect. I don’t like when people laugh and jump on the dead bodies when you outnumber them or they outnumber you. There are many others like that too. I tend to mark their guild names if it’s not a big one. Sad to see the jerks outnumber the kind players. I hope DR isn’t laughing all over the dead bodies of HoD and SF. But they probably are. Hopefully it won’t be too long until we find an even matchup!

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: nahj.2870

nahj.2870

The message here is that you should be prepared to be sent right back down here like SF did. You remind us of them a few weeks ago, feel free to check that match-up’s score and how they’ve done since. It’s OK, we’ll wait a few weeks, we’ve waited months already, and it’s delicious every time.

Please remember that it was a small (but vocal) minority who were like that. The vast majority of us SFers knew the real story with the score during that particular match-up and didn’t fool ourselves into thinking that that crazy high score had anything to do with mad WvW skillz.

As far as I remember it was only one guy who was bragging. And he doesn’t even play on SF anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: threechords.3796

threechords.3796

It doesn’t help that the 1st week versus DR you have the Holiday event…That will hurt most Server’s numbers. Kinda hope something happens to let you guys have another shot at DR just so they have a chance to see what you’re capable of.

…because DR is totally not affected by the holiday event. We faced the same servers over and over for weeks in the T8 basement. This week when we FINALLY break out, people were so excited to be moving up facing stiffer competition. Many of us expected to get stomped in our new bracket. Instead, we face a wall of excuses… “We’re all on vacation”, “We dont have the coverage”, “Its the event stupid”, “You guys suck, you just have a thousandy times our numbers”. I get the numbers game. I get that these once proud servers have faced a mass exodus.

If you believe that the only reason you are losing is because we outnumber you, I have some VERY BAD NEWS FOR YOU. Kaineng and Fergusons Crossing faced the same odds, and came off quite well in comparison. They fought back, They held, captured and recaptured their keeps in EB. They held their BL, We could zerg their BL, turn it green and they would turn right around and retake it.

As a credit to Kaineng and FC, I beleive DR is being underestimated by recent posters in this thread. Yes we had the numbers, but we had to fight tooth and nail to push those guys down far enough we could move up. It was not a steamroll like this week has been so far. We’re itching for a fight and I sincerely hope we get it next week.

I am not looking forward to another week of this matchup if thats what it comes to. Even if they manage to miraculously put up a bit more of a fight. SR/HoD/ET seems like a great even matchup in Teir 8. I wish u guys luck and good times.

Mampie Moll AoD
Devonas Rest

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

As far as I remember it was only one guy who was bragging. And he doesn’t even play on SF anymore.

No worries, I hold no ill will to SF as a server. Every server has it’s good and bad apples. I’m actually looking forward to the likely, eventual T8 SF-ET-HoD match-up. Naturally I’m hoping for either us or ET (because most of us at Henge really like ET), but a good fair fight either way will make me happy.

This hits the nail on the head though. Most of the vocal people in these threads have transferred from server to servers several times looking for a win and running away once they lose momentum.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

As a note: I wasn’t saying I thought either of the other Servers would beat DR…from everything I know you guys would be well on your way to T6 even if they were all there. My point was simply that they’re low-pop Servers, so people not being there for Holiday Events has a larger impact than on Servers with absurd numbers of WvWers.

Essentially: I just think they’re not putting up the fight they COULD if it wasn’t a Holiday week. But it still wouldn’t be enough to beat you.

in WvW

Posted by: thewanderer.8561

thewanderer.8561

lol at the chest thumping in this tier. People talking about mad WvW skillz and organization as if it’s all written in stone, all this while fighting dead servers. DR should keep in mind, their victory here as a result of the broken free transfer mechanic rather than any real server wide effort. Rather than boasting, should complement your opponents for loyalty and sticking it out til the end even while outnumbered. Sure you may have broken out of t8, but it doesn’t prove anything…yet. FC and kaineng could catch up too. So your previous t8 matchups will become the new t7s. Until then i would suggest keeping your chest thumping to yourselves until you actually face more stable servers in the upper tiers. Cross the t5 matchups then sure let’s talk smack.

(edited by thewanderer.8561)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

It’s a shame that SF who isnt outmanned has to wait and spawn the NPC champion to take towers. It’s even numbers out there late night fellas. .

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

Some random guy from ET here, I can’t comment on Devona’s Rest but I have to feel more inclined with HoD as they are like our brothers to me. I also do know from my old guild that transferred to DR from ET and talking to them how DR kinda sounds like. Congrats on breaking out of Tier 8 but take HoD’s warnings seriously. From what I’ve seen a RL friend play on DR, it sounds like you guys got mass transfers but some are thinking like they’re hotshots (not all). During Hod vs ET vs SF, some got a little kitteny in SF for zerging us out of the maps, but from what I hear, they got a good tearing (no offense) the next match. Definitely don’t underestimate HoD, our servers do better during the week when all the weekend warriors go away and the enemy zergs die out. For all you know, they might take all of EB like they did to GoM.

in WvW

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

To SF and HoD.

Most of the DR players I talk to feel bad for pretty much pushing you out of your own borderlands. This week we have had a great influx due to our new match up. From A LOT of the players who I have talked to, we deeply apologize and feel bad for what we have done so far this week.

I personally don’t want to go and command in WvW when it’s like this, I don’t see the point. And I do hope we got stomped in the higher up tiers. At least then can we really get more strategic, instead of zerg here, zerg there, zerg that neutral bunny over there.