State of the game - WvW Highlights

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There were a few things said in the state of the game specifically about WvW that I want to highlight here.

1) Elementalists, guardians, and thieves will no longer be able to destroy trebuchet projectiles
2) WvW/PvE split for Confusion condition and Retaliation Boon, confusion and retaliation will do less damage
3) Thieves stealth change is being reverted in WvW and PvE, but not sPvP (back to 3 seconds revealed debuff from 4).

There are some general balance changes to the classes, including the introduction of boon hate to warriors and the ability to steal boons using a thief sword skill but I wanted to point to the things that were said specifically relating to WvW.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

kittenit. 1 and 2, I was really hoping they wouldn’t give into all the crying.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Can you link the State of the Game?

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Can you link the State of the Game?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru
show is over thought, they will have it up on you tube later though.

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Okay, thanks.

I always seem to miss them, and never quite know where the thing is actually taking place to watch. xD

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Is this true? I hope not, all 3 changes are the wrong direction imo, except maybe the first one.

Edit: Guess it’s true!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

There were a few things said in the state of the game thread specifically about WvW that I want to highlight here.

1) Elementalists, guardians, and thieves will no longer be able to destroy trebuchet projectiles

Good. That was nothing but another reason to be in a huge zerg. Huge zerg = plenty of elementalists = can’t even use siege to break up the zerg!

2) WvW/PvE split for Confusion condition and Retaliation Boon, confusion and retaliation will do less damage

Also good. Really anything they change in sPvP for balance reasons should be done in WvW as well. I don’t understand how they thought these things needed nerfed for sPvP but thought they were fine in WvW which is just a bigger, better version of sPvP.

3) Thieves stealth change is being reverted in WvW and PvE, but not sPvP (back to 3 seconds revealed debuff from 4).

wat
I mean okay but why the difference in sPvP and WvW here? Didn’t they JUST learn a lesson about that?

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

What? Well glad I was getting tired of playing my Mes anyway. Glamour builds just bit it.

in WvW

Posted by: Noves.4365

Noves.4365

There are some general balance changes to the classes, including the introduction of boon hate to warriors

Lovely 3% extra damage per enemy boon

Noves
Baruch Bay [DOOM]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Noves34

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I’m kinda hoping that the dev misspoke on #3 and ment that the split was between PvE and WvW sPvP. We shall see for real when the patch notes hit.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

What? Well glad I was getting tired of playing my Mes anyway. Glamour builds just bit it.

Glamour builds work just fine in spvp… so they should still be fine. Just not mind-numbingly stupid op.

(full disclosure, I too have a glamour mes)

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

And eles of large groups everywhere put their focuses (focii? foctopusses, I’m sure of it.) in the bank, finally climbing out of their pigeon hole to see the first light of day in months.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I know a certain elementalist that will be really happy with the change to #1

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Let’s not tell him, it’ll be hilarious.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

All they need to do now is stop blobs from autoattacking a gate down (let them do it from 25% or below) and WvW will be back on track

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Glamour builds work just fine in spvp… so they should still be fine. Just not mind-numbingly stupid op.

(full disclosure, I too have a glamour mes)

nope not really confusion doesn’t do dmg at all in spvp and glam builds have no other dmg than that.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

OP
Balanced
Underpowered

Those are the 3 states something can exist in when it comes to a game, especially pvp in a game.

Moving something down from “OP” doesnt automatically put it into the “Underpowered” category.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

OP
Balanced
Underpowered

Those are the 3 states something can exist in when it comes to a game, especially pvp in a game.

Moving something down from “OP” doesnt automatically put it into the “Underpowered” category.

confusion was not op from mesmers, it was stronger from engis which have tons of other conditions they can use, a mesmer has none.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I don’t get the change to thieves. Not that is matters tbh, it was not really a nerf to start with. But really are thieves so badly off it warren their effect to roll back a minor nerf just to keep them happy?

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

That’s a good point too.

It’s not a “nerf” to elementalists.

It’s freeing them up from probably the single most boring job in WvW.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Nice because us warriors need more damage… And no fixes to our real issues….

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I agree, damage isn’t really the issue for warriors.

But there is other warrior changes too. They mentioned turtles defense is being removed in place of a trait that reduces duration of all movement impairing effects by 33% and gives us short regen when hit by one of those effects.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Draygo.9473

There are a bunch more changes, and even more than highlighted in the sotg video.

I am only highlighting the specific WvW related changes here you will have to refer to the video when its uploaded or a transcript for the complete list. I would like to ask that this thread stay on topic with changes that directly affect WvW and any associated feedback in that area.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Seriously hope 1) only applies to trebuchet. And 3%/boon, you serious :o, that is an insane dmg buff. Will be like, hey look an ele, boom dead.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

When does this happen? I hope not tonight before reset. I wanted to play my Mes one last time on reset night.

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I agree, damage isn’t really the issue for warriors.

But there is other warrior changes too. They mentioned turtles defense is being removed in place of a trait that reduces duration of all movement impairing effects by 33% and gives us short regen when hit by one of those effects.

If this is true, i already know two ways to break it where it will be op.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I am really quite worried about the direction Arenanet are trying to take WvW.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Seriously hope 1) only applies to trebuchet. And 3%/boon, you serious :o, that is an insane dmg buff. Will be like, hey look an ele, boom dead.

Cof 1 just got that much faster

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Just trebuchets or catapults, too?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

So far:
1.) Meh.

2.) Bloody hell, you would listen to the stinking QQers. >_< Thanks for shagging one of the better anti-zerger moves (Conf.)let alone a nice defense (Retal.).
(Mind you, that assumes they go for that 50% drop. That’s arguably too far down. 25-33% would make the biz less OMGWTFBBQ, but still punishing.)

3.) That was never the real problem of dealing with Thieves, anyway. All the extra Revealed did was punish Thief players for being a bit more tactical with using Stealth as a defense. Not to mention, it throws off a player’s timing in a fight.
Hell, they’re supposed to be the local “Ninjas” – walk in, cap a high-profile target, then GTFO. It’s why their access to defensive Boons is rather limited, overall.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Awful. What a dark day for Mesmers. The QQ’s have won.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Wow. Making the game more nooblike as usual. Nerfing things that both add flavour to the game and require people to think before mindlessly spamming skills.

I am also worried in the direction anet is taking wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

Anet devs are clueless when it comes to wvw, what did you expect ?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks for the thread.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

For the reveal. Are you sure about it? In the sta of the game I thought they said for pve they change reveal back to 3 sec but not for wvw and pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBigfootNZ.4605

TheBigfootNZ.4605

So thieves get a buff (stealing boons) and warriors get a buff (im assuming extra damage for an opponents boons)…

Yet my guardian who ive been trying to make viable in WvW outside of staff/gs builds, and finally settling into a tanky/retaliation build (retaliation does very little damage to begin with outside of channeled ramping up attacks and i wanted it more for a hey ive tagged a few people so if i survive this nightmarish zerg i might get a bag or two finally) is now going to do even less dmg with ret (oh and some thief can nick my long duration specced retaliation to boot and still hit me for 15+ times the amount of my current ret dmg any way in a single hit, i think my current ret dmg is 360 something)… was hoping to use them as a gate/wall protector, throw up protection and long duration ret and stand in the aoe as a deterrent, and on occasion kill an unobservant over zealous enemy.

Not to mention my engineer has been having fun in WvW finally after months of not playing them by using confusion (compared to my old grenade spec that just missed 90% of the time due to zerg lag and moving targets)… and now its being nerfed before i even start, given that to use that confusion on my engineer ive got to be right on top of people with Pry Bar or Confusion bomb so im in the middle of a zerg 90% of the time which means often those attacks miss… or im dead before I can get em off.

Im speechless… and im sure given the form, these reduction will be alot more larger than they should be.

Not to worried about my ele, I often forgot I could even do that with my focus (granted their my newest character). I can understand its possible issues in huge teir 1 sieges where you’ve got so many of em you could perma protect from siege i guess, but in the lower tiers its often (when we remember) all that stands between us and the larger server taking every thing (protecting our siege as we try and counter their siege trying to take out ours).

Vardkona – 80 Guard, Mew Nickleheart – 80 Eng
Howling Jimmy – 80 Necro, The Six Demon Bag – 54 Ele
Hedge of Steel – 41 War, Yikky Soupskin – 11 Thief

(edited by TheBigfootNZ.4605)

in WvW

Posted by: Wonderer.1790

Wonderer.1790

Nice changes, Good job A-Net. Though they won’t affect my D/P thief. Though I’m still glad to see D/D thief viability back up. Also curious about the sword boon stripping and the warrior buffs. Everything else is mehh for me.

80 Thief, 80 Warrior, working on Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

The treb change is great, no more boring work for eles.

It will make it harder for zergs to brute force certain defensive structures such as hills and garrison inner walls with swirling cata blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

There weren’t many spots that elementalists can fully protect siege anyway. It mostly just taught people to shoot trebs and catas more effectively, by varying power and aim slightly, alternating timing, knowing the splash damage radius and what terrain you could hit for damage to go past the swirl. It was a fun mini-game sometimes, blocking or shooting around blocks.

Oh well. Some good changes, some I think are bad, but whatever, they know their game right?

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

I hope the retaliation nerf isnt to bad, or grd gets some better damage modifiers, because I cant kill kitten as it is… nerfing retaliation is just going to make it worse.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yay thiefs get two buffs, sooo glad the devs all play thief (sarcasm). Boon stripping sword attack? seriously?

I did like the 3% damage increase per boon the enemy has on – leap onto that d/d ele and insta splat ele on a warrior- could be fun!

Treb changes mean even less people will bother to pay for upgrades to keep and towers in lower tiers- now if you are outnumbered that wall is going down sooner or later and you have even less chance than before.

I have no idea if they have a test server with real wvw players testing out changes but I very much doubt it given that every change so far has encouraged balling up and running around in a big blob or playing solo roaming insta invisi thief.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Me too. They might actually balance the kitten thing!

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Me too. They might actually balance the kitten thing!

Im not talking in terms of classes, im talking in terms of focusing on people sitting inside of a keep or tower more and more as opposed to actually going out and fighting eachother!

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

- Ello ? Who’s there?o.O
-Confusion is getting nerfed.

Attachments:

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

lol oblivion/symbolic scrubcake in team paradigm

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

“1) Elementalists, guardians, and thieves will no longer be able to destroy trebuchet projectiles”

That… sucks!

Really one of the worst things Anet could’ve done.

How are we supposed to get into keeps now if we can’t defend our catas and trebs?

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

(edited by Mystery.7392)

in WvW

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

3.) That was never the real problem of dealing with Thieves, anyway. All the extra Revealed did was punish Thief players for being a bit more tactical with using Stealth as a defense. Not to mention, it throws off a player’s timing in a fight.
Hell, they’re supposed to be the local “Ninjas” – walk in, cap a high-profile target, then GTFO. It’s why their access to defensive Boons is rather limited, overall.

Thank you. Brains over mindless QQing.

in WvW

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

“1) Elementalists, guardians, and thieves will no longer be able to destroy trebuchet projectiles”

That… sucks!

How are we supposed to get into keeps now if we can’t defend our catas and trebs?

Are you even serious? I mean, for real? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. This should have been done from the start.

> sorry about the double post, everyone <

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

That… sucks!

Are you even serious? I mean, for real? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. This should have been done from the start.

> sorry about the double post, everyone <

Take a keep from Vizu now, hahaha. No, seriously they are beast defending, ACs/catas/ballistas eveywhere and tons of them. And they got a lot of counter trebs too + all their keeps are scouted 24/7. Swirling winds often was the only reason we got in.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU