Strong Oceanics?

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

As a member of Dragonbrand, I have definitely benefitted from the very strong oceanic presence we have become notorious for. However, it got me to wondering which other servers have a strong oceanic presence. I think I can safely assume all servers in tiers 1 and 2 (though confirmation would be welcome), but are there any in 3 and below?

I have heard rumors that Yak’s Bend does as well, but since I’ve only paid attention when we were playing them, I never really saw it (Dragonbrand’s is much larger and more coordinated, apparently).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Tier 1 and Blackgate are the only servers that really have a noticeable Oceanic presence on their servers in tier 1 and 2.

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I’ve heard Crystal Desert has a solid night presence, they’re tier 3.

And Blackgate, from what I hear, is balanced pretty much like us (Strong oceanic/asian timezones, subpar-but-not-nonexistent NA primetime), though they’re tier 2 (Moving to tier 1, so it seems).

Dragonbrand

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Blackgate’s NA is nowhere near subpar. They have less numbers than their overpowering oceanic/euro counterparts, but they are tier-2 worthy (that is, more than a match for any tier 3 and below server and usually able to hold their own in tier 2 against very NA-heavy servers). No server can make tier 2 (or even 3) with “subpar” NA coverage.

On the other hand, TC and SoR are tier 2 servers that don’t have strong oceanic coverage. Oceanic is in fact easily the weakest timeslot for those servers.

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Brimwood.7963

Brimwood.7963

Kaineng has more Oceanic than NA primetime presence, always had. Think it’s the only server to have that. Its main guilds are from Taiwan and now Korea. In fact, the main reason we managed to keep DR locked up for so long was that we capped and held everything at night as their primetime zergs infinitely outnumbered ours. Will be interesting to see how our Oceanic dominance holds up as we move up the tiers (but as it already rivaled and often outmatched DR, a solid tier 5 world now, even before the arrival of any Korean guilds, I think you’re in for a treat )

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Sea of Sorrows.
Dem dirty little nightcappers back at release

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Blackgate’s NA is nowhere near subpar. They have less numbers than their overpowering oceanic/euro counterparts, but they are tier-2 worthy (that is, more than a match for any tier 3 and below server and usually able to hold their own in tier 2 against very NA-heavy servers). No server can make tier 2 (or even 3) with “subpar” NA coverage.

On the other hand, TC and SoR are tier 2 servers that don’t have strong oceanic coverage. Oceanic is in fact easily the weakest timeslot for those servers.

It honestly wasn’t an insult :P
Subpar may not have been the best word choice, as I don’t consider DB’s NA primetime presence to be “subpar” either.

I simply meant that throughout the course of 24 hours, both of our servers seem to perform best at night.

Dragonbrand

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It honestly wasn’t an insult :P
Subpar may not have been the best word choice, as I don’t consider DB’s NA primetime presence to be “subpar” either.

I simply meant that throughout the course of 24 hours, both of our servers seem to perform best at night.

Oh, no, no, I am not from Blackgate. I am from TC. But yes, I thought subpar was not exactly the right word.

As you said, of the other servers Crystal Desert also has a solid oceanic presence as I think they are one of the unofficial SEA servers so you get lots of Singaporean/Malaysian presence there.

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

Wow this comment….IoJ whupped up on BG guilds in T2 NA…………., FA , SoS, SoR, SBI, JQ….. all have superior NA teams to BG from an opponents perspective… instead of getting offended you guys really just need to improve your team in that block. Oh and learn some humility, please.

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Wow this comment….IoJ whupped up on BG guilds in T2 NA…………., FA , SoS, SoR, SBI, JQ….. all have superior NA teams to BG from an opponents perspective… instead of getting offended you guys really just need to improve your team in that block. Oh and learn some humility, please.

I don’t think anyone here was honestly offended except, it looks like, you.

Dragonbrand

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Fourth.5603

Fourth.5603

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/13
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/12
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/11

Ext ext.

Clearly IoJ had superior NA than Blackgate…hurrrrf durrrrrf

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Your user name is appropriate.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Sea of Sorrows.
Dem dirty little nightcappers back at release

NSP got some of SoS’s Oceanics.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

Strong Oceanics?

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Dragon brand has kind of put themselves in too high of a tier I think. Their oceanic presence whipes the entire map and gets them high points overnight, but they’re NA presence is always on the low end of getting points . If they bump up another tier it might not be pretty

Bi Furious [Fist] YB