Strongest Class in World vs World?

in WvW

Posted by: Perfecthair.4190

Perfecthair.4190

Hey what is the current strongest class when it comes to world vs world? I want to play something that is fun and interesting. Any thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Balanced teams are stronger than any one class, so roll anything you enjoy. Really depends on your play style.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

elementarist atm
not sure how much will be nerfed next patch, tuesday , since they will nerf area of efect skills

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

elementarist atm
not sure how much will be nerfed next patch, tuesday , since they will nerf area of efect skills

Nope, it really isn’t.

As long as you’re skilled in a profession, you’re the strongest. Many youtube videos featuring engineer, rangers and necromancers which are so-called ‘lackluster’ ‘underpowered’ dominating the WvW scene.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

D/D Ele
or
Thief

@Kuora
Please link these videos from other classes (especially a guard or warrior) where they are going 1v5-8 and winning like you see on thieves/eles.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Depends on your playstyle. Thieves are great in solo roaming, but are probably one of the least effective classes in actual wvw warfare(zergs). D/D eles are decent in zergs, but it’s the staff eles that do the most damage in zerg v zerg warfare. Warriors are probably the best in zerg warfare, doing lots of damage while maintaining 20K HP or pure tank builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Depends. Do you mean real fights or some silly silly random fighting (hipsters call it roaming)?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

I’ve never had a problem playing necro. In fact I think they are one of the best classes and have had this argument with many players. Signet of the locus makes it really good at scouting and flipping supply camps. Staff/wells makes for pro defending. Drop wells on rams and fear people off. Also you can use death shroud to run at catas and drop wells before the kill you. Also you can pull people off walls when attacking plus use aoes to kill defenders. I can also kill people of any class. Sure you get wasted from time to time by a pro “thief” or whatever but truth be told that person could probably play any class and beat you there just always going to be people better then you. So yeah basically just giving an example of how I think what people call a weak class is capable of

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Depends. Do you mean real fights or some silly silly random fighting (hipsters call it roaming)?

Teehee, you think zergballing is ‘fighting’. oh-ho, you so silly.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

elementarist atm

Lol Elementallists are famous for their speed and running away but not for strength if its dueling, up on walls they might be ok.

@OP
Mesmers and thieves are really hard to 1v1 against.
For team matches, zerg vs zerg, Guardian for support, Elementallist for AoE, Mesmer for big AoE stealth/Timewarp

Teehee, you think zergballing is ‘fighting’. oh-ho, you so silly.

Lol, yeah roaming is way better than zerg vs zerg.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Siegebreaker commander.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Golem in a box is the strongest class.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Strong and fun and interesting? Sounds like a mesmer.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Mesmer, Guardian, or Necromancer.

Necromancer staff owns. Their abilities own. Espically the ones that remove boons off the enemy teams hero. They don’t really have a spike but they can set one up with spectral grasp. Or they can fill space with minions.

Guardian can be speced many ways so you don’t get bored. GS spin in circles spam. Bane signet/immobolize signet greifing. Their stability/retalation shout. Their support abilities. They have a trait that gives 315 precision if you wield a one handed weapon so works well with scepter smite. They can sword/sheild and teleport to a target with sword then push them all aside with bubble.

Mesmer has all the op tricks. Portals. A pull ability on their focus which doesn’t require line of sight and can pull people off of walls. Aoe stealth. Aoe 5 second quickness elite. Their only downside is their illusions are tethered to a single player. An upside is their illusion I believe will trigger traps and marks effectively clearing minefields of player abilities without any friendly players being affected and they are expendable.

I don’t have an ele but they seem to be the going trend even though I have no problems with them. Their focus ability that protects siege wins treb wars so they are probably the most valuable class just for that.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Necromancer staff owns. Their abilities own. Espically the ones that remove boons off the enemy teams hero. They don’t really have a spike but they can set one up with spectral grasp. Or they can fill space with minions.

What is this. I. do not even.

Necromancer staff doesn’t have an ability that removes boons from enemies. The one you’re referring to is Putrid Mark and it transfers conditions from allies to enemies. On a 20 seconds CD and seems to be quite inconsistent.

Spectral Grasp pulls and chill 1 target on a 30 second CD. Minions have a terrible AI and should never be used.

Necromancer is probably the weakest profession in WvW at the moment.. Hopefully we get some buffs.

OT: I’d say Guardians are the strongest at the moment. A lot of build diversity, huge amount of support, can also be very bursty if built correctly.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It depends what you like doing in WvW really. Almost any class can be good in a team situation with the right build, and I would definitely recommend Necro for small group or siege warfare from experience. For soloing, yak hunting, ganking, Thief or Ele are obvious.

All around, most versatile, I think Mesmer might rate the highest. Can’t speak from playing one, but I cannot see one area they can’t excel at if played well. And of course portal is extremely useful in numerous team scenarios.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Mesmer is the most influential class in WvW currently.

Thieves and Eles may rock your junk in combat, but the Mesmer is what decides if a offensive siege can succeed or not.

Second would be Ele due to swirling winds.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Necromancer is probably the weakest profession in WvW at the moment.. Hopefully we get some buffs.

What is this I don’t even….
Necro condi bombs cover the world in badge farming insanity. Necros are AMAZING in group combat. Flat out terrain denying, hp dropping nuclear bombs in wvw.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

It depends on what kind of fighting you are looking for.

What most people call roaming(1~5 people), I would consider thieves, mesmers, and d/d eles stronger than most.

While anything above 15+ or trying to hold certain positions hammer warriors, support guardians, staff eles, and mesmers have more useful utility skills(wall of reflection, wards, veil, portal) and combo field+ blast finishers to use when needed.

Overall, I would say classes are fairly balanced, but could use more tweaking.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Necro condi bombs cover the world in badge farming insanity. Necros are AMAZING in group combat. Flat out terrain denying, hp dropping nuclear bombs in wvw.

Even power builds with wells are ridiculous especially during sieges or holding off choke points.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Well considering I was covering staff, and not the utilities (except for minions). Necromancer Epidemic is pure damage. No support. No control. We have no support other than our under-powered, huge cooldown wells.

There is no power build for Necro, there is no tanky build for Necro. We can provide extremely minor healing to our allies and we can only cure conditions with a 60 CD well with ticks 5 times and with an extremely buggy signet.

Not sure how you see 4 marks as being terrain denying and HP dropping nuclear bombs when all they do is 3 bleeds, a chill field and a potential area weakness, topped off with a 3/4 second fear..

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Strongest class is the one you enjoy the most. They’re all required – pick something you’re good at and enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Every class has the potential to be great, and every class can be countered.

However, wait until the aoe nerf to see how things pan out. If its not too bad, roll a class that has access to a lot or very powerful aoe damage- you’ll get more loot bags. Let someone else roll mesmer and your bank account will thank you.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

There is no “strongest class” because each is strong at different things.

Strongest aoe? Ele
Best tank? Guardian
Best solo roamer? Ele/Thief
Strongest single target ranged damage? Ranger
Most important tactically? Mesmer
Great for zerg fights? Necro
Melee dps? Warrior/Theif
Group buffs? Guard/Engie

Find a roll that you enjoy and choose your class based on that.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

under-powered, huge cooldown wells.

wut…. :/

There is no power build for Necro,

Double wut?!?! >:/

there is no tanky build for Necro.

Stop….
Check the TPvP threads… add some modification for better stat spread availability in wuvwuv. There’s a few youtubes you can watch as well.

There is no “strongest class” because each is strong at different things.

Strongest aoe? Ele
Best tank? Guardian
Best solo roamer? Ele/Thief
Strongest single target ranged damage? Ranger
Most important tactically? Mesmer
Great for zerg fights? Necro
Melee dps? Warrior/Theif
Group buffs? Guard/Engie

Find a roll that you enjoy and choose your class based on that.

So:
Ele – 2
Guard – 2
Mesmer – 1
Thief – 2
Ranger – 1
Necro – 1
Engi – 1
Warrior – 1

And here we have the answer for the OP.
Choose an ele/thief or guardian.
Wait, that’s what everyone has been saying anyways for the most part.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in WvW

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

my vote is for Warriors followed closely by thieves and mesmers.

a good sword and board warrior can keep up with a roaming thief, target a class and jump on them in the middle of a zerg, down him. sometimes stomp and if he is lucky get away. the only other class that can do that is a thief. unlike a thief however the same warrior is still tanky enough to man front line siege, charge camps and tank buffed supervisors.

on my warrior i run with a thief and a mesmer in my party. both of them know that i’m tanky enough to protect them when taking camps. i charge in, hit stability, and hit everything, throw up my shield and when they are all together in a group my team members can burst them down in seconds. this works the same on towers as well.

when you are in a team having a good warrior you can depend on maximizes your own damage, warriors in their own right do great damage and so long as you aren’t some idiot all signet greatsword warrior you can do well in 1v1 fights too.

(seriously, 5 signet warriors are basicly free kills. as a warrior it makes me sad to see them, even on enemy servers)

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Necromancer staff doesn’t have an ability that removes boons from enemies. The one you’re referring to is Putrid Mark and it transfers conditions from allies to enemies. On a 20 seconds CD and seems to be quite inconsistent.

Spectral Grasp pulls and chill 1 target on a 30 second CD. Minions have a terrible AI and should never be used.

OT: I’d say Guardians are the strongest at the moment. A lot of build diversity, huge amount of support, can also be very bursty if built correctly.

My english was bad. It should read: Necromancer staff owns. Their slot skills own.

As an example corrupt boon. Blood is power. Spectral wall. Spectral grasp. The bleed from blood is power lasts forever and keeps a person in combat. And their staff does own. As does the offhand dagger and focus. Sometimes I switch from my ranger in exotics to my necro in greens because their staff abilities are so much better than traps plus they get three free skill slots that would otherwise be filled with traps. Wells are great too. And spectral grasp works well in conjunction with dagger immobilize and flash golem knock down. So like I said they don’t have very spikey damage like the other classes but they do what they do well. Attrition.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`d say Guardian would be.
Mainly because I`ve a bank alt Guardian at 42, haven`t bought the level Eleven Traits book, so just placed random points in the left hand side of available bits
P.S. It uses Scepter & Sword/Shield.

Mesmer can do very well, some of their pets can hit like a truck.

No doubt some will say D/D Ele`, & yes with practice you can do fairly well (my main is one) but one or two stuns & buh bye, hi repair bills ;p

Thief, well, we all know what they`re like… ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

In my opinion having spent 90% of my 1,600 hours ingame in WvW i would base the ‘best’ kind of each category as;

Strongest AoE: Elementalist (staff)/ Necromancer
Strongest Single Target: Thief
Best Bunker: Elementalist (x/d)/ Guardian
Best Support: Elementalist (staff)/ Guardian
Best Roamer: Elementalist (x/d)/ Thief
Best Utility Skills: Mesmer
Best Hybrid: Necromancer

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

I play a mesmer, and more than once I’ve soloed every camp in an enemy BL. I find I have about a 50% chance of winning a 1 v. 2. I more or less never lose a 1 v. 1 unless I’m not paying attention. I don’t think I could do what I do with another class.

Solo roaming definitely has a place. If I can force a side to bring it’s zerg home to kill the mesmer that won’t let them have their camps back, I figure I’m helping out.

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I play a mesmer, and more than once I’ve soloed every camp in an enemy BL. I find I have about a 50% chance of winning a 1 v. 2. I more or less never lose a 1 v. 1 unless I’m not paying attention. I don’t think I could do what I do with another class.

Solo roaming definitely has a place. If I can force a side to bring it’s zerg home to kill the mesmer that won’t let them have their camps back, I figure I’m helping out.

The first two days are usually supply wars. You’re doing a service.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

My PC can’t handle zerging so I’m stuck to flipping camps by myself and yakslapping. I usually have no problems 1 vs 1 anyone tbh. In wvw I feel more like a slave. I’m told to portal this, timewarp that, pull this off the wall, reflect that. Us poor mesmers are abused.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Us poor mesmers are abused.

Poor….mesmers…. yeah

You’re only 1 step up from thieves tbh.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

My PC can’t handle zerging so I’m stuck to flipping camps by myself and yakslapping. I usually have no problems 1 vs 1 anyone tbh. In wvw I feel more like a slave. I’m told to portal this, timewarp that, pull this off the wall, reflect that. Us poor mesmers are abused.

Mesmers and focus Ele’s are in fact my favorite tools to have in my squad. :x

That being said a group of 5 Guards can tank every player on the opposing side, at the same time. Lol

Two thieves can wreck 30 PPL, if done properly. They also make the best scouts. Never mind the SB is OP on defense, ESP with Dagger Storm on CD.

A D/D Ele can annoy the ever-living **** out of an attacking force, and roam effectively.

A good Warrior is quite effective but my bleed spec rips bad ones to shreds, so I’m a bit biased against them in general.

Necro’s aren’t underpowered no matter what sPvP junkies think. My 54 Necro can 1v1 anyone and camp NPCs at the same time Q.Q.

Rangers kill siege, other than that they’re just squishy Thief/Warrior food. They have the best single target ranged DPS…gap closers are too common though.

Engineers are great support, and just weird to play and fight. If you like variety this is your jack of all trades class, IMHO.

Mesmers are going to be the most OP class in PvP. Period. It’s kinda their thing, always has been.

Basically this guy is pretty spot on:

In my opinion having spent 90% of my 1,600 hours ingame in WvW i would base the ‘best’ kind of each category as;

Strongest AoE: Elementalist (staff)/ Necromancer
Strongest Single Target: Thief
Best Bunker: Elementalist (x/d)/ Guardian
Best Support: Elementalist (staff)/ Guardian
Best Roamer: Elementalist (x/d)/ Thief
Best Utility Skills: Mesmer
Best Hybrid: Necromancer

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

(edited by DarkElvenChic.2618)

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

It’s hard to say but I’ve been having so much fun playing d/d ele.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I enjoy playing a balanced S/D thief the most because it can be highly effective at most everything. It can hold it’s own in 1v1 and small groups, easily scout (and troll small groups while scouting), and in zerg combat it’s a lot of fun to disrupt rezing and finish off lows using infiltrator / tactical strike. Then when the zerg is about to break, you are in perfect position to activate ballet dancer mode and ensure no one gets out alive.

in WvW

Posted by: Morthis.3968

Morthis.3968

D/D Ele
or
Thief

@Kuora
Please link these videos from other classes (especially a guard or warrior) where they are going 1v5-8 and winning like you see on thieves/eles.

Against 8 level 5’s without keyboard, monitor and internet maybe. Can they annoy 8 people by engaging them and still escape when things get hairy? Yes, unless those 8 people happen to have a bunch of disables (immob/stun), in which case the Ele is probably screwed. Can a D/D ele engage 8 people and actually kill them? Not a chance, not if those 8 players have even a shred of skill between them.

D/D are strong, and they can be extremely annoying, but they’re not that strong, and if you’re looking to follow the zerg farming badges, they’re a pretty terrible choice. They can jump in and out of a zerg to pick off people and drop AoE’s, but they won’t even come close to a staff Ele or Necro for AoE badge farming.

Basically, it comes down to what you want.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Clearly, its the Engineer.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Oddly, until early hours today I`d not seen an Engineer since their nerf, but ran into one friendly that did good damage & one enemy that ouch! Removed a hell of a lot of my hp in what seemed like one cast.
Guess someone has found that one good build

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

D/D Ele
or
Thief

@Kuora

I’m guessing you don’t know how to use search function on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/osianic2
http://www.youtube.com/user/Teldo

Also, we don’t win 1v5-8 battles, that is stupid. We run away from those kind of situations, pick up 2-3 underleveled, undergeared and unskilled idiots who follow me. 2-3 lowbies are easy to handle for any skilled profession. Then we dash back to the remaining 4-5, then we bait another 2 out. Kill them. Rince and repeat.

Nice link ME a video where an ele actually fights 8 level 80s at once and killing them all. I’ll bet my left nut that you can’t.

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: Flaunz.5273

Flaunz.5273

Clearly, its the Engineer.

^ Exactly what I wanted to post, but I should have known someone else will always be quicker in praising the allmighty engi :]

New Years [ICON] Engineer
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Well considering I was covering staff, and not the utilities (except for minions). Necromancer Epidemic is pure damage. No support. No control. We have no support other than our under-powered, huge cooldown wells.

There is no power build for Necro, there is no tanky build for Necro. We can provide extremely minor healing to our allies and we can only cure conditions with a 60 CD well with ticks 5 times and with an extremely buggy signet.

Not sure how you see 4 marks as being terrain denying and HP dropping nuclear bombs when all they do is 3 bleeds, a chill field and a potential area weakness, topped off with a 3/4 second fear..

I don’t even play Necro, but isn’t there a signet that continually transfers conditions from allies to you? Then obviously you send those conditions to the enemy with the off-hand dagger or other signet.

I mean, that’s what I get from reading the class specs.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

He said winning, not necessarily killing them all. Merely being able to escape multiple opponents at will can be winning considering the nature of WvW. Bonus if you can kite some off and kill them like you mentioned.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Hey what is the current strongest class when it comes to world vs world? I want to play something that is fun and interesting. Any thoughts?

No,you mean you want to tplay the “best and strongest” class.And when you find out wich is it,you will hop to that class section and go ask for the most OP build.Imo this isnt the way to play gw2…but w/e

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Necromancer staff doesn’t have an ability that removes boons from enemies.

Yes staff don’t have such skill. I think he’s referring to Well of Corruption. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Corruption
It’s very useful skill in zerg v zerg. I really loved it when I can throw all 4 marks + 3 wells Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness into group using fast cast ground targeting option. The whole group will drop really fast

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

I don’t know why people make claims on Elementalist D/D being overpowered.

First, as a class with a base health of 10805, I have to pump a lot into toughness and vitality in order to actually be able to survive an attack. Nevermind that I can have 1900 toughness and still be hit for 7,000 – 13,000 by some large attacks. Heartseeker anyone? Just #2 for any of you thieves out there!

Then in order to make Elementalist Work as a D/D I have to manually target everything. Thats right! I can not have the system support me or help me because if I do, one of my skills will work against me and get me killed.

In short, in a 1v1……

I have to manually target the player and I get no system support, while a non elementalist can just button-mash the keyboard and it will target me instantly.

In short, when a D/D kills you, she is killing you manually and without autotarget help.

..and still players complain about any offensive element to an Elementalist.

I don’t really understand.

I can’t wait until Elementalist is nerfed to bring to bear the total to the following:

~All targeting reduced to five
~Blasting Staff makes targeting better and distribution worse
~Lowered AoE Damage because for some reason Glass Cannons deal too much damage even though they can be one-shotted, meaning all builds will suffer since its looked at from strongest down, and not weakest up
~Timings Changed on some skills. Yeah! 3 seconds to finish a downed player, but 4.5 seconds for a Glyph of Renewal to be used while a necro can target and use undeath quickly….yeah, very cute! (Example of patched skills transformed into useless ones)

Oh did I forget to mention that we eles use Light Armor and our HP base is 10805? Making us the squishiest of all classes as far as attributes go. (Don’t say your favorite non-elementalist class is squishier…no other class is Light Armor and base health 10805)

…and when one plays as such the balance IS that the class has slightly more power or burst in order to counterbalance the classes that have Heavier Armor and health.

Of course it will be funny that all of these nerfs will come while thief skills will remain untouched. Only reason I don’t completely raise my thief to 80 is because Ele is still my favorite class.

I just get annoyed at these “Who is the strongest thread” where nothing beats a good team and a hell of a lot of experience!

in WvW

Posted by: Skysophrenic.6378

Skysophrenic.6378

I find mesmers to be very powerful, for almost anything. Take note that mesmers ARE NOT just portal slaves. We are very powerful in the field ESPECIALLY in large group fights. And all you need is the time to gear up properly, and a modified confusion bomb/mantra bunker trait line is more than sufficient to do everything a mesmer can do.

confusion bombing: Rabid gear w. carrion jewelery = confusion bombing in zergs. Helps you spread confusion fields that will confuse the enemy greatly while providing loads of utility for your team. Weapons vary: S&P or S&F w. Staff. Lots of Aoe and Area denial – great for holding choke points. LOTS of badges. Want to spread anywhere between 5-9 stacks of confusion on the ENTIRE ZERG? Build yourself accordingly.

Bunker portalling/hiding: PVT Gear with PVT jewelery for more survivability. Scepter and Torch for invis/block. off hand is sword and sword for a second block. Decoy and blink and portal for hiding inside keeps and deception.

One on One fighting: This is more playstyle than gear – and an experienced mesmer player will utilitise clones and movement to either get away/win the fights. Greatsword/staff, with Sword and torch. You have your confusions, blind, selfmade combo fields and mobility. Blink, portal and feedback.

Since I am a commander, I tend to use PVT Gear but keep confusion bombs for lesser effect confusion damage, but relatively decent survivability.

I dislike roaming – so I don’t know how to do this one.

These are ALL with the same traits might I add.

shattercat/modified shattercat is decent, but has it’s downfalls where your survivability is not as high (in pure stat terms) but it has more mobility and deception with high clone generation. It is also more suited for small group fighting.

Granted as a mesmer, you still use light armour and can be burst down easily. It is even harder for mesmers to use your clone if you are under level 80, as only the real mesmer gets the upleveled arrow. You are also lacking in reliable swiftness, which is vital in most cases. Blink DOES compensate for this – if you know where to blink and how, ie: up certain blinkable walls/cliffs.

Deep Fried Chicken
[Choo] PainTrainChoo
[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Engineer and Grenades…..oh wait
You can never find an engineer anymore, they are myths.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Guardians are strong and a blast to play in WvWvW. Here’s an older video of mine.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

I find mesmers to be the best class design for wvw, also thieves are in a good place but mostly due to culling effects.