Suggestion : Night cap "issue"

in WvW

Posted by: Xiss.9307

Xiss.9307

Hi I would like to leave my feedback to Anet about this “issue”, Anet have stated that "…no player’s time is more valuable than another. " and I agree. Atm I’m living in Canada and playing in Europe servers because I still have family and friends there that I like to play with, and like me probably many others. But the thing is, it’s not a few like me that are distributed in different servers that gonna make a big impact on WvW “night cap” the problem exists because many servers are recruiting entire guilds from Americas to play in Europe and vice-versa for that purpose only, Night cap. So I want to leave my suggestion to fix or attenuate this.

So what I propose is:
- Put some “restrictions” on how many ppl can join WvW during the night server region.
- And also based on the server with lowest ppl online for the current Match-up no one likes to play with a 20 to 1 ratio (I´m sure Anet have numbers to make those restrictions not penalize that much).

While many of you think this will influence with your game play experience, I will say that will not, because the guilds that only joined other region servers for their convenience will return to their own region and play how its “supposed”.

Like I said some ppl play on different region for some legit reasons and some not, making this little change would greatly improve a lot the WvsW experience for many ppl and maybe at some point, we would have a lot more competitive servers than we have now.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

A couple of issues....

1) Not playing sucks. I don’t want to sit in a queue if possible for any reason.

2) The only way night capping becomes an issue is if one server has a vastly larger off-hours population than the other two servers. If this is the case than those two servers should be working together against that server like CD and SoR have been working together against SoS during Oceanic hours this week.

Truth be told, night capping is a complete non-issue if people communicate. Doing any kind of adjustment to the game based upon it is rewarding people for being lazy.

Those European servers that are recruiting American players and vica versa should have an advantage because they’re doing work and actively getting out there and spreading their server.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: MachineX.6791

MachineX.6791

I have issues with DAY Capping… can we put restrictions on that instead?

Thanks… pointless capping thread

in WvW

Posted by: Andais.2709

Andais.2709

Personally, I have issues with afternoon capping.

A person’s gotta nap.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Or move half of the people from NA servers to EU and vice versa :P

in WvW

Xiss.9307

@peette
Well like I said many ppl will not like this change, but the truth is that only a few servers gonna have a big affluence of other regions so while 2 or 3 are good during day and night, the rest will suck mostly during night and just be there to make numbers for the Match-ups, I foresee great WvW for the future … for some servers.

@machinex, @andais
What you all bring to the topic ?! nothing, thanks for the contribute.

in WvW

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

@xiss you havnt completly thought that idea through
oceanic players peak time is " night cap" why should we suffer when teq " night capping " happens to us

(edited by Boogiepophantom.3041)

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

They could do like Rift did and make you martyrs for the opposing team when you outnumber them. Personally, I’m glad they don’t as those people just end up sabotaging whoever they are assigned to.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

No, no limit on queues, no limits on player participation.

I’m with the naysayers on that. Whatever alterations are made, they shouldn’t be aimed at balancing the populations.

The only modifications that need to be made are to the scoring system.

Keeps and Forts simply shouldn’t be worth as much during low-activity hours as they are during high-activity hours. When you have 20 people on each side the scoring system should simply downscale the point-rewards do an acceptable level.

When activity kicks in again, the score scales upward again.

Simple, intuitive and it puts no artificial limits or boundaries in game. It’s simply saying that what was decided when 100 faced 100 is equally as important as what 20 achieve against 20 (relatively speaking).

That, and I’d also like to see player kills added to the score, but that’s not directly related.

in WvW

Xiss.9307

@Boogiepopphantom
Tbh I was thinking only in the server zones and yes I can see a problem there.
My intention is only to try help and give my feedback, maybe restriction on queue is not the best option I don’t know that (like i said Anet have numbers of the ppl that log and from where, was a matter of try to balance those numbers), but one thing is sure something need to be done, some servers are dying because of this region exchange in prole of some.

in WvW

Posted by: Alucielyse.4791

Alucielyse.4791

Everything is fine the way it is. Just because a server has higher peak times at different times doesn’t mean they should be penalized for it. If you want to fix it then coordinate something for the day time, that’s the only way your little “night capping issue” will be fixed.

Zaelith

in WvW

Xiss.9307

@alucielyse
I don’t have a “little” issue with the night capping, like I said just trying to bring more solutions/options to make the game a bit more competitive for all servers. Myself i’m in a guild with 500 persons and we have a average of 150 online at peak times, sure we can do a lot during our time, but we need to sleep, and many guilds already started to leave this server because of this night cap thing.
Should we also start to contract mercenary’s to join our night shift or just leave?!
Sure the problem only exists if I want, its easy to change server and go to one that already have mercenary’s, there you go problem solved for me, but many others still have the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

This idea will always go around in circles. People have different time zones and then effectively work very different shifts. Picking one time it hard. Picking a time based on population leads the the “best defense is to leave the zone” problem warhammer experienced.

I’m generally OK with system where you get double ticks for an hour of two toward the end of prime time or bigger ticks when you actually have to defend. But if the rewards are too big, they can all be exploited in some way.

in WvW

Xiss.9307

Anyway I would appreciate that a moderator could lock my thread, my primary intention was pass this to Anet, and if they think any thing here make sense, good if not oh well.

If everything was perfect, it was not necessary to create tools to correct our mistakes.

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

Ehm….you should have read some of the other 200 threads about this.
What is nightcapping ? USA versus Australia for example…
Europe versus Asia for example ?

There are solutions for this…..find guilds to cover your off peak hours.
Or transfer to servers that have them ?

You cannot demand restrictions when YOU go to sleep WvW is a 24/7 game accept that or quit playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

If we limit nigh capping, we also have to limit day capping, and morning capping, and 5 o’clock happy hour capping.

in WvW

Xiss.9307

If we limit nigh capping, we also have to limit day capping, and morning capping, and 5 o’clock happy hour capping.

We already have that is called prime time and normally you have queue times to join, if you’re trying to troll at least do your home work.

in WvW

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Queue times on your server doesn’t mean queue times on my server. If you’re going to miss the point, do some research first.

in WvW

Posted by: RouletteVice.2850

RouletteVice.2850

An international game putting an arbitrary limit on points based on time of day seems silly.

The game is not supposed to be personally catered to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

We already have that is called prime time and normally you have queue times to join, if you’re trying to troll at least do your home work.

The only troll appears to be you, who comes back with nonsense whenever someone points out that uneven numbers occur at more than just night.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

World wide game. Where would you draw the meridian ? Would you define it by GMT ?

I live in Australia, I know the game was made by a US company but its the interwebs man, its 24/7 360 degrees around. Asia, Europe have heaps of active players, surely nobody would advocate geo-located servers.

Blame columbus….world was flat before he jumped in his boat and sailed off the edge.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Aurainsoph.5426

Aurainsoph.5426

Let’s be honest, putting restrictions on populations in WvW because one server out numbers the other server(s) is going to affect people playing in Kiwi time the most. We can make an assumption that the Kiwi’s will not spread out evenly between 3 or 6 servers. The queue times will force the Kiwis to spread out between servers splitting up their mega servers, looking at you SoS.

The only downside to anet from this would be Kiwis quitting the game, anet will have to evaluate if they lose more players from forcing queue times/server splits on the Kiwis or Americans/Euro players leaving because of the WvW unbalance.

in WvW

Posted by: Aarku.3105

Aarku.3105

Anet have stated that "…no player’s time is more valuable than another. " and I agree.

But… lets add a queue time so half of them can’t play

I think the only way to balance out uneven populations (in a map where they said it is not meant to be balanced, WvW is meant to be unbalanced) is to add NPC raid events onto structures on your homeland.

That way if you are outnumbered and want to keep at the very least your homeland for the night, everyone can pile in and assist the NPC raids.