Official T2 Matchup: DB|TC|FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Its an exxageration to say anyone is rolling in 100 man zergs. That would be saying every single person on a qued map is right on the commander, which is ridiculous.

Either way, the zergs on a certain role-playing server can get pretty kitten big. The thing i hate though is when they dont outnumber you 3 to 1 they all seem to get urges to go into towers and stand on the walls. Its really weird but its a trend I’ve been seeing lately :/

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Match-ups

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

I’m thinking DB hasn’t seen a zerg of equal size to theirs before, so they’ve mistaken 20-man zergs in T3 for 40, and are mistaking our 40-50-man zergs for 100+.

And I know they’ve fallen victim to a lot of Judge’s Intervention/Ring of Warding combos in FABL on their stacks.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in Match-ups

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

Its an exxageration to say anyone is rolling in 100 man zergs. That would be saying every single person on a qued map is right on the commander, which is ridiculous.

Either way, the zergs on a certain role-playing server can get pretty kitten big. The thing i hate though is when they dont outnumber you 3 to 1 they all seem to get urges to go into towers and stand on the walls. Its really weird but its a trend I’ve been seeing lately :/

Haven’t noticed that one ninjambo. Maybe they’re just saving up their wxp for you.

To DB – fun fights tonight in DB-BL. This looks to be a very challenging and fun match up.

Hope both FA and DB have a great week.

HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

We definitely don’t have 100 people. It’s just a l2play issue.

Yeah … you spam 1 with more skill than everyone else

Sir, I’m not sure who you are, where you come from, or what prompted that response, but “spam 1” and “skill” do not belong in the same sentence. If that’s what FA thinks wins a zerg vs. zerg fight, I can see why we steamroll them every time with equal numbers.

You don’t know me or our commanders, so please refrain from making such assumptions about myself or others on my server. The people who have transferred to TC from your server seem to enjoy it here. We WvW to have fun, and outmaneuvering our opponents is fun for us.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

This is what TG is trying to do, we know we cant (and dont want to) compete with your 100 man mega zergs, so we do our best to kite, maneuver and parry our way to victory

DB is in the lead at the moment. Apparently, I guess it’s you who need to l2p. :O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Score update!

It is ofcourse way too soon to draw any conslusions whatesoever, but it’s intresting to see how much rating the #1 servers in the first 4 tiers lose during reset: JQ -25, TC -61, KN -62 and SoS -117.

I never noticed that before. It’s from 3 hours ago, so only after 4 hours of play, which says nothing for the future, but it’s still odd!

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

This is what TG is trying to do, we know we cant (and dont want to) compete with your 100 man mega zergs, so we do our best to kite, maneuver and parry our way to victory

DB is in the lead at the moment. Apparently, I guess it’s you who need to l2p. :O

Anyone who wants to think that reset night alone makes really any difference hasn’t spent much time in T2 clearly, since the matches don’t really break away until monday or tuesday

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Yeah … you spam 1 with more skill than everyone else

If that’s what FA thinks wins a zerg vs. zerg fight, I can see why we steamroll them every time with equal numbers.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Anyways, can’t wait to get into the fights tomorrow. Looking forward to some fun respectable fights with DB and also having some fun rolling through the sea of TC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Score update!

It is ofcourse way too soon to draw any conslusions whatesoever, but it’s intresting to see how much rating the #1 servers in the first 4 tiers lose during reset: JQ -25, TC -61, KN -62 and SoS -117.

I never noticed that before. It’s from 3 hours ago, so only after 4 hours of play, which says nothing for the future, but it’s still odd.

You got the wrong score pic there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Anyone who wants to think that reset night alone makes really any difference hasn’t spent much time in T2 clearly, since the matches don’t really break away until monday or tuesday

Reset night is probably the only time when numbers of all 3 servers are more or less even, hence a more accurate indication of “skill”. Any time after that would be coverage. That’s why I said l2p.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sir, I’m not sure who you are, where you come from, or what prompted that response, but “spam 1” and “skill” do not belong in the same sentence. If that’s what FA thinks wins a zerg vs. zerg fight, I can see why we steamroll them every time with equal numbers.

You don’t know me or our commanders, so please refrain from making such assumptions about myself or others on my server. The people who have transferred to TC from your server seem to enjoy it here. We WvW to have fun, and outmaneuvering our opponents is fun for us.

Wow, you took that drunk ol’ asura engineer waaaaaay too seriously. Besides, everyone knows where there’s skill lag from zergs meeting, there’s really only #1.

And to say that there is no skill involved in #1 is false. There’s skill involved in picking to which key you change the binding so that you can spam it faster with less carpal tunnel. That’s how I roll, don’t you?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

FA is obviously the most stacked server in this tier.
We just feel sorry for you guys, so we don’t turn up.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I will apologize in advance for some of the over confidence you may encounter from my DB brethren. I believe we did that break away thing well before Monday last week and it seems some of us are still swimming in the celebratory aftermath of that.

On the other side of that coin the L2p comment deserves the sarcastic retort. DB just got here; it would be nice to have at least a day or two to get acclimated to the tier before the l2p comments surface.

There were some very tight and surprisingly well organized zergs out there tonight. Many people were commenting on it and certainly we have to figure out how to deal with it. Some of those groups were quite a bit larger than what we have faced in the past few weeks, and in my opinion more talented.

Please try not to take the number comment as entirely as a negative. Most of us just see it as a challenge and believe me, we will l2p you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

Wow, you took that drunk ol’ asura engineer waaaaaay too seriously. Besides, everyone knows where there’s skill lag from zergs meeting, there’s really only #1.

Why would anyone just hit 1? I like to push all the buttons! Wish I had some levers, too. I’d pull them all!

Should totally install some levers.

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in Match-ups

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

Or a lazyboy like Mif has. It has a lever on the side.

HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Welcome to the tier DB. Hi again FA. Let’s have some fun TC. ^,..,^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Please try not to take the number comment as entirely as a negative. Most of us just see it as a challenge and believe me, we will l2p you.

Now that’s what I like to hear.
Logging off tonight with DB in first for general points as well as PPT was extremely refreshing. It’s been such a bore these past seven weeks without much competition going on within our tier.

Welcome to T2, Dragonbrand. May there be plenty bags for all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

We are losing badly before NNK’s morning raid! We need to drill more or something. More professionalism and such. It takes 1000000 exercises to make a champion. Or that’s what some guy from SC2 said. Too much autopilot. Push those buttons with fingers of might. Every key press and key release is one step towards a greater destiny. The only math we should be doing is subtraction. There are no sums. How many of the enemy there are is nothing. How many you can subtract from the face of Tyria is material. Subtraction is the difference between winning and losing. And the difference between wining and losing is subtraction.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Welcome to the fray, Dragonbrand! Some good fights so far tonight. =) I know we’ll each have our trolls, but it’s good to have you.

Have a great rest of reset!

LOL that picture! Soo funny =)

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

1st score update from me for the match!

P.S. skinnyb we should do an update score soonish with Ev

Definitely!

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

The opinions of one, should not reflect the opinions of everyone else.

Clearly DB has received quite the buff in numbers/T1 experience.

Let’s not be quick to judge them based on one night.

Remember, it is their first time here, and now that reset night is over, anything can happen. Usually T2 matches (that are balanced) aren’t decided until well into the week, sometimes not until even Thursday. Let’s not get kitteny.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

As a DBer I am really looking forward to this week. I absolutely believe that things have only barely begun to get going and am not going to let a first-day awesome start let us get too overconfident. It’s usually after the weekend that things really even out and a good pace is set, so there is really no telling how things will go. In all honesty, I am not necessarily expecting us to be triumphant, but that doesn’t stop me from hoping.

One thing we have going for us? We have something to prove. TC and FA are expecting to show us who is boss and put us in our place as T2 noobs, and that very well may happen…but…well just don’t get too comfortable. We came here to do more than just put a dent in things.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

As far as it being Friday, DB has always had a poor track record on Friday nights. As far as a zerg, FA are you kidding?

(edited by Wick.1280)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

We came here to do more than just put a dent in things.

And it shows, I like DB already

Keep it up!!!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Heard TC’s “serious” commanders are on holiday….Hope we all get a proper introduction someday

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Early morning score update for us E.S.T.

P.S. my character has kitten face

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

Heard TC’s “serious” commanders are on holiday….Hope we all get a proper introduction someday

Yea…whenever I die it’s because my finger slipped on the trigger. :P

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

(edited by Mandar.9813)

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

wish I didn’t fat-finger my kittene soo much

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I’m almost positive I took this the wrong way – and totally didn’t laugh my butt off…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

If I were a betting man my money would be on DB winning t2 this week.

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

My money’s on DB winning t2 this week.

uh oh………

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Not that kinda finger. Not that kinda moon.

YaY! It looks like TC, FA, and DB are gonna be a riot! Running. Screaming. Things on fire. Accusations, blames, and criminal charges later.

GL HF PIE!

PS Queue was not the happy last night. Then the morning worker thing got me... *faceplant in drool*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

I’m almost positive I took this the wrong way – and totally didn’t laugh my butt off…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

TC- awesome defense at Hills in FA bl right now.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Hahaha – It’s good to have you guys here =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xephyre.1835

Xephyre.1835

Wow TC, that was the most fun ive had in this timeslot in a long time. Thanks for that great hills defence!! I hope this goes on all week

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nodrey.3948

Nodrey.3948

Wow TC, that was the most fun ive had in this timeslot in a long time. Thanks for that great hills defence!! I hope this goes on all week

Your server is a worthy opponent. I look forward to the challenge you bring on the battlefield.

Inwitt. 80 warrior. Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Yeah, that was great stuff. Good times. ^^ b

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Can you feel the love toni.. when did the sun come up? MINE EYES AAAAH! *dusts*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I was in TC BL last night for the Aspenwood garrison push, they must have brought their super secret gate melting spray with them AGAIN (Is that something FA has exclusive rights to, I would love to get my hands on that!)… Nice push inside. I got disconnected after and couldn’t get back in. It was a great fight. I was the lil necro at the top raining sparkly arrows down on your heads, who you summarily executed with no mercy when you got to the top. Can’t blame you.

It was an interesting night. Thank you FA and DB for bringing it in TC BL.

(Can we all not PvF this week – the match is better when we actually fight it in Hills, Garrison, Bay or an EB keep!)

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

The thing i hate though is when they dont outnumber you 3 to 1 they all seem to get urges to go into towers and stand on the walls. Its really weird but its a trend I’ve been seeing lately :/

We’re playing out an important chapter in our character’s development that we’ve been plotting for weeks over lattes at Starbucks. Please don’t interrupt our discourse on self-doubt, dragons, and The Hero’s Journey until we get to the bottom of the script. We probably also have a couple people at any given time erping behind the supply shed.

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

[RE]Red Essence here! We’ve had a fantastic time tonight here on DB bl against the TC/FA groups! We were excited to bring out over 60+ guildies despite the transfer buffer this week.

See you on the battlefield,

RE Team

Unfortunately due to a busy weekend schedule I could not be there in body. But with a little bit of magic and my superior picture editing skills. I was there in spirit.

Bet you cant even notice this pic is edited.

Attachments:

[RIP STAR]

in Match-ups

Sergo.2867

TC and FA are expecting to show us who is boss and put us in our place as T2 noobs…

No. Servers that scrap their way up to T2 do not simply get smacked back down. It is known.

Welcome, Dragonbrand. And hats off to you and FA for that can of whupass you opened on DBBL last night at reset. We were hard, hard pressed, but it resulted in some of the most interesting and novel engagements we’ve had in a while; not always the same old spots doing the same old attacks and defenses.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Sergo.2867

Bet you cant even notice this pic is edited.

You are now my favorite Guild Wars 2 player. Welcome to T2! Help yourself to the cookies.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Hmmmm, DB you are a worthy opponent. This should be fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Welcome to the fray, Dragonbrand! Some good fights so far tonight. =) I know we’ll each have our trolls, but it’s good to have you.

Have a great rest of reset!

LOL that picture! Soo funny =)

Glad to please. 8D

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I seriously laughed when I read that. No doubt I would of spit out my drink had I read it a few seconds earlier.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Go DB! Looks TC/FA have their hands full. Nice.

TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Dear Super Amazing Dragonbranders,

I am sorry we tried to take your candy from hills tonight. We didn’t realize you were hiding it in our homelands until everyone who lives in your world came outside to stomp our faces.

If we manage to take it next time, I promise to save some for all of you! But only if everyone stops chasing me to steal the cookies from my pack! I know we got the best cookies, but those are all mine!

Okay, I might have my Naked Chef Rat make some for anyone who’s all nice and stops invading our world. Yeah? We should all totally just go pet dolyaks together!

Fully upgrading keeps and then holding them seems to be a strong point for DB – when I was on KN and we were going through the ranks, DB would take Hills on our BL, upgrade it, and then hold it for the ENTIRE WEEK. I won’t be surprised to see that happen over and over during our upcoming weeks with DB.

Welcome to T2, DB – you guys are doing great, glad to see you fit in!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

One thing we have going for us? We have something to prove. TC and FA are expecting to show us who is boss and put us in our place as T2 noobs, and that very well may happen…but…well just don’t get too comfortable. We came here to do more than just put a dent in things.

I don’t think anyone on our server has looked at you as such, or is looking at DB as such. You kept us on our toes when we were in T3, I know I got up early this morning to see what the scores were because DB had grown such a presence, kicked us in the can, and your night crew is amazing. Please don’t say what TC is expecting, not what our goal or purpose is, or what our server thinks of yours. We have never had anything but praise for DB

Also, here is some cookies, and some coffee. Don’t be cranky in the morning!

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast