Official T2 Matchup: DB|TC|FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Something I have noticed about TC this past weekend….Why do you guys not charge out of your towers/keeps when you have number and momentum advantage? I’m not trash talking at all, as TC as cleaned my clock more than a few times, but yesterday there were about 10-15 of us that had probably 25+ TC pushed back in DBBL in one of our towers. We waited patiently outside expecting to lose but you guys never pushed out, so we ran off

Super secret TC strats?! Probably! :P

I think it depends on the situation. But I have rarely been a part of a group that did not push out if it was the best decision at the time. If they were able to hold you off without having to push out, there is no reason to push out and take the chance something goes horribly wrong and they get wiped and give you a free tower.

Sounds like by not pushing out they kept the tower and you were run off.

Very true, I guess some people actually do care about points more than fun sometimes. Keep up the good fights everyone, work can’t end soon enough

For some of us the fun is in good fights and the strategy involved too.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irikami.6270

Irikami.6270

Bandwagon is bandwagon lol.
Anyway it’s fun how i can do so many bags now here in FA <3

Artien Ni, Engineer
Naraku no Kitsune, Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood (GODS)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

In all honesty, I justed wanted that vista in EB that reset night.

You STILL haven’t gotten that one???

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: luniprincess.3162

luniprincess.3162

Score Update… huehuehuehuahuehuahuehuehue

Attachments:

I was born to try
The Friends of Voltaire[TFV]
We will make you proud,Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Your score update forgot the score.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I’m shellshocked and exhausted.. 11:40pm.. DB’s SEA force is incredible both in skill and terrifying numbers. My hat is off to you, ladies and gentlemen. Excellent, intense fights with multiple mixed guild groups of DB both in the open field, in small roaming groups and in just about every single camp, tower and keep we have owned today.
I’m proud of FA for banding together to make DB fight tooth and nail for everything we lost. Thanks AVTR for saving my kitten a couple times when I was all lonely in FA BL with outmanned. Cheers to my buddies in PRO for upgrading, sieging and locking FA BL down hard for hours! And Holy Pickle you were awesome out there today, pretty sure I saw you in the middle of 30 red names solo more times than I can count..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

I haven’t posted yet in this weeks matchup, but here is another “Cross-Eyed Norn” Score Update.

Great fighting all around.

Attachments:

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I haven’t posted yet in this weeks matchup, but here is another “Cross-Eyed Norn” Score Update.

YES! I’m glad the cross eyed norn made a come back, I was worried for his health

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

LOVED the hills 3 way earlier on today. Standing in that doorway looking out at a sea of red was awesome Oh, and the FA players high fiving the DB players made me chuckle, psychological warfare at its best!

Was great fun guys

Erin Sundown.

(edited by Gnat.5124)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shnozy.5938

Shnozy.5938

Really some great fights with TC and FA I am really enjoying this tier.
Good luck all, see ya out there!

[BP] Dragonbrand
Jt Franchise- Ele, Jt Mes Daddy- Mesmer, Billy Smalsh- Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Awesome picture!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Good job defending your bl during SEA prime, FA.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Good job defending your bl during SEA prime, FA.

/Shudders

….is it over now?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Why do transfer costs have to be such a kitten lol. It’s costing my guild 14-20k gold to xfer our WvW core which is equivalent to around $10,000 USD. That’s if we really cut it down and trim ~200 semi-active players =\

If gem prices go up May 1 I think it will take CO until the end of May to fully transfer over and to be able to be in full force again. Until then we can only run 20-30 man teams a night during the weekdays and unfortunately prolly max 40-50 people this reset. Also, unfortunately until we can get situated we won’t bee too much help for DB since our #1 priority is to farm the gold to get our team here.

Rough life of a bandwagoner, keep working at it though, you will prevail.

The term bandwagoner is thrown out to every guild that doesn’t transfer to a T3 or lower server. CO had to move because we were losing players due to the toxic atmosphere that is on Kaineng. The constant negativity gets old after 2-3 months. Kaineng’s NA teams were under a lot of stress. Anyone that argues against that is a kitten The 3 NA guilds that could influence the change in PPT by a lot had to cover from 1pm EST – 2am EST everyday. We had no EU guilds and a very fair weathered server. I do wish Kaineng the best however, if anyone thinks I was going to let my guild die on that server just because of server pride you are wrong.

bandwagoning for legitimate reasons or not, i don’t see why any of the rest of us should feel bad for your transfer costs… maybe don’t post about them if you don’t want people to comment about your transfer process.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Bandwagon. Details... are found on the back end of charr. That is all.

And now time for a bad salad joke.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The term bandwagoner is thrown out to every guild that doesn’t transfer to a T3 or lower server. CO had to move because we were losing players due to the toxic atmosphere that is on Kaineng. The constant negativity gets old after 2-3 months. Kaineng’s NA teams were under a lot of stress. Anyone that argues against that is a kitten The 3 NA guilds that could influence the change in PPT by a lot had to cover from 1pm EST – 2am EST everyday. We had no EU guilds and a very fair weathered server. I do wish Kaineng the best however, if anyone thinks I was going to let my guild die on that server just because of server pride you are wrong.

That would be a poor definition of bandwagoner since it was still bandwagoning when you transferred to KN be in T8 or T5 or whatever it was. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is negative folks, kittens, and fairweather players on all servers, there is no special place that is void of this type of thing, as the KN experiment has proven. Everyone that plays at weak points in coverage has a tough time, you are not a special snowflake.

I do not care you are transferring, I care that you are making it into a big deal like we should all feel bad that you are off to greener pastures, again. Save yourself some stress, as soon as you get everyone over to DB, start saving for your next move.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

Just wanted to thank Mayoken, you are a joy to WvW with and follow, as is the rest of your guild. Thanks, look forward to working with you guys more

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

I might have to cut back my w3 hours. Been on 4 hours of sleep every day since reset. Im not built like that anymore…. :[ And I see red all the time….like….when I go to sleep after defending my bl from the red seas during NA primetime. And even when I wake up I log on to check the score in the morning while eating breakfast and my nightmares flash back to life after seeing a big globe …a majority of it being red.

Please make it stop!

[Agg] ression

(edited by mekkanic.4759)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AngTSAO.1852

AngTSAO.1852

Could NNK / TFV / rE – clarify their position regarding the SAB zoom out glitch? Everytime there’s a Lord Room battle going on, we end up being at the end of the SAB zoom out glitch.

There’s an intense rivalry built up over months between TC and FA, and a lot of strong emotions between the two servers, but honestly, at least FA doesn’t repeatedly resort to these shenanigans.

I’m kittening tired of this trash talk about kittening SAB glitch
Fine! we gonna share this and make sure you learn it too
you just need to build at the right place
no kittening SAB glitch or whatever is needed

I thing they never find this, and they’re used to hide in the caves.

Why are you telling them. haha.

Vocal Ang[TFV] – Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Could NNK / TFV / rE – clarify their position regarding the SAB zoom out glitch? Everytime there’s a Lord Room battle going on, we end up being at the end of the SAB zoom out glitch.

There’s an intense rivalry built up over months between TC and FA, and a lot of strong emotions between the two servers, but honestly, at least FA doesn’t repeatedly resort to these shenanigans.

I don’t see it

To those who responded nicely, thank you.

Happy Labour Day all!

edit: again, I have more ss with different angles, if any guild leaders would like to clarify. Cheers.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: AngTSAO.1852

AngTSAO.1852

Score Update… huehuehuehuahuehuahuehuehue

That’s PVDoor, just take that!

Vocal Ang[TFV] – Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

pro to DB, so much fun fighting u guys

Lothem

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

That would be a poor definition of bandwagoner since it was still bandwagoning when you transferred to KN be in T8 or T5 or whatever it was. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is negative folks, kittens, and fairweather players on all servers, there is no special place that is void of this type of thing, as the KN experiment has proven. Everyone that plays at weak points in coverage has a tough time, you are not a special snowflake.

I do not care you are transferring, I care that you are making it into a big deal like we should all feel bad that you are off to greener pastures, again. Save yourself some stress, as soon as you get everyone over to DB, start saving for your next move.

Give it a rest man… Every server here, if not every one in gw2 period, has tried to recruit at some point… No need be bent that some answer the call, whether for a week, a month, or a year…. Sensitive Sally’s are half the reason people end up leaving eventually… Maybe you should start saving, and find yourself a new home?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I think your definition of “making it into a big deal” merits reconsideration.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

in Match-ups

Maniac.5163

[PRO] had some fun small man skirmishes with DB in FABL feat. Holy Pickle from [Corp]
Little sample of the action captured for your entertainment - props to Tyrion for the vid! Thanks to DB had a great time tonight

http://youtu.be/2uh8buhKpM8

PS: Ignore the VoIP chat.. it’s from EB, we all sit in one channel because we don’t have many ppl on at 3am PST >_<

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Lol at the people going crazy just because someone posted their transferring details. If you guys really don’t care then there is no point replying to mayo’s post and being bitter about it. With that being said, guilds transferring servers happen all the time. It’s one of those things that keeps WvW from getting stale whether we all like it or not.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

It’s funny how a few days ago FA posters accused TC of having a “mega game of befriending one of the other servers”.

And ever since then FA players have posted non-stop about how skilled DB is…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

It’s funny how a few days ago FA posters accused TC of having a “mega game of befriending one of the other servers”.

Respect is given where respect is due. DB is not afraid to fight and we love em for it. What’s wrong with that?

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

I don’t see it

To those who responded nicely, thank you.

Happy Labour Day all!

edit: again, I have more ss with different angles, if any guild leaders would like to clarify. Cheers.

You relieve you can counter those arrow carts…. By building one thing in your lords room…

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Maniac.5163

Respect is given where respect is due. DB is not afraid to fight and we love em for it. What’s wrong with that?

/shrug
I haven’t seen FA as a server so excited to get out in WvW since we fought Blackgate. Our community forums are blowing up with people babbling about GvG’s and brawls.
I personally have given props to PiNK in this match up too, particularly on reset. Other than some encounters with PiNK on reset, I haven’t really experienced any memorable open field or objective based combat with TC this week.

Pretty sure Kylia of AVTR was giving props for TC’s defense of Hills a page back though. You shouldn’t be so quick to turn bitter, Mif – regardless of your history as a ex-FA member or who started what TBH it comes across kind of toxic.
Still hoping SoR will come visit T2 sometime too, I need to see some of their talent I hear about..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

DB will meet us in the field and creates a fun dynamic because they seem to enjoy fighting at least as much as their PPT. Our bad for expressing our enjoyment at the change after over a month of stale gameplay.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

DB will meet us in the field and creates a fun dynamic because they seem to enjoy fighting at least as much as their PPT. Our bad for expressing our enjoyment at the change after over a month of stale gameplay.

So when you’re expressing that you like a server because they play like you do, it’s a compliment.

But when TC expresses that they like a server because they play in a way we like, it’s because “evil TC tries to make friends with other servers as part of their meta game”.

Way to have your cake and eat it too.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

So when you’re expressing that you like a server because they play like you do, it’s a compliment.

But when TC expresses that they like a server because they play in a way we like, it’s because “evil TC tries to make friends with other servers as part of their meta game”.

Way to have your cake and eat it too.

I don’t think they care as long as TC doesn’t get any cake. Poor TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Listen DB was promised cookies by both FA and TC. We have not received said cookies, so we want a mini hippo from each server to be given as payment!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Hope to see lots of guilds out in the fields tonight!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Listen DB was promised cookies by both FA and TC. We have not received said cookies, so we want a mini hippo from each server to be given as payment!

We left them in the tower for you. You didn’t get them? FA must have taken them, I think they hid them in their Garrison on FABL or maybe their Keep in EB. I think you guys should go get them back

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

GvG: RE vs VK

Greetings! For those that haven’t heard, Red Essence (former EMP) is having our 1st official GvG with our new guild name!

Check out the Live Stream here

• Match begins 4PM Servertime (stream opens 15 minutes before)
  • 20 v 20 standard
Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

First post-patch GvG! Will be interesting!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

In all honesty, I justed wanted that vista in EB that reset night.

You STILL haven’t gotten that one???

Haha no I was responding to Sab. I got it and my legendary about a month ago.

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

It’s true that FA guilds have stood out for me personally in the match up so far. Even when the odds are against us, we like rushing out and fighting… and so far we don’t have a bad win/loss ratio from our previous matches.

Except when we see BT tags… they’ve made us think, learn and improve. Thanks folks for the good fights!

I love TC too. My tertiary guild has been on TC since beta, and I have lots of real-life friends there. I’m just stating my experience so far based on what I’ve seen on the field.

I propose a permanent DB-FA partnership to end all these accusations from TC! Let’s 2v1 them into the third place

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Score and a map for the work-bound?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I propose a permanent DB-FA partnership to end all these accusations from TC! Let’s 2v1 them into the third place

Looks like you two are going to get along just fine. YaY! Er… yay?

Anyway, you would think by now I would learn to stop hanging out at the edges of high places. You would think, but nooooo. I am a leaf on the ground. An amused and broken leaf waiting for the medics with the stretcher.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

When is our score update! We need like 1-2 people from each server to pose together =D

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Well put, if a tad on the brutal side, Sceptus.

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

It’s true that FA guilds have stood out for me personally in the match up so far. Even when the odds are against us, we like rushing out and fighting… and so far we don’t have a bad win/loss ratio from our previous matches.

Except when we see BT tags… they’ve made us think, learn and improve. Thanks folks for the good fights!

I love TC too. My tertiary guild has been on TC since beta, and I have lots of real-life friends there. I’m just stating my experience so far based on what I’ve seen on the field.

Hahaha – You guys are definitely working and improving! Keep it up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Well put, if a tad on the brutal side, Sceptus.

Sorry, just telling it from my point of view. It doesn’t even mean I’m right. My opinion, not my guild’s or the server’s. Seems as if the people from FA have no problem expressing their opinions.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Certain members of Fort Aspenwood were just doing what the game was designed for when killing off players RP’ing yaks in a PvP zone. I don’t understand all the QQ about that event. I fully expect to be killed in a PvP zone if you catch me costume brawling with a guildmate while waiting for a supply camp zerg.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

When is our score update! We need like 1-2 people from each server to pose together =D

I was just getting ready to ask! I have one now but we need one! Lets say tomorrow 9 P.M. EST/8 Central/6 PDT. Discuss location!

Anyhow update! My necro has a new look!

P.S. AoN I was trying to get a Score update with you, not being run over!

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I was just getting ready to ask! I have one now but we need one! Lets say tomorrow 9 P.M. EST/8 Central/6 PDT. Discuss location!

Tomorrow 9pm is perfect – Anyone else from DB/FA/TC interested in meeting up for a fancy score update hugfest?