Official T2 Matchup: DB|TC|FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This has been an incredibly disappointing week. We have a new match-up and yet participation seems to be down.

1. TC hello? Anyone there?
2. The new update makes the action move along too slowly. An unkillable NPC and an OP arrow cart. Looks like the most exciting part of the week is the Dolyak parade.
3. TC hello? Anyone there yet?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Score Update!

Finals are almost over. Yah!

If you need an FA volunteer for a score update tonight, I can guest over on DB or I have enough self control to pose for a picture without attacking red

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

This has been an incredibly disappointing week. We have a new match-up and yet participation seems to be down.

2. The new update makes the action move along too slowly. An unkillable NPC and an OP arrow cart. Looks like the most exciting part of the week is the Dolyak parade.

The lines for TC you’ve been dialing are temporarily busy with Jetpack farming. Please try again after sometime.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This is how it went down at Bay, and I don’t think anyone from TC or FA really enjoyed the bore fest of it:

1. We took Briar and built a treb to kill the arrow carts on the gate.
2. We built 2 rams to kill the gate.
3. A bazillion arrow carts were behind the gate and killed the rams.
4. We ranged the gates down with our ossum staves.
5. Gate goes down and we are greeted to so many red circle on the ground, I thought the Bay contracted an aggressive form of the herpres simplex virus.
6. We get through the herpes after applying some Valtrex (which was a push through the gate).
7. We built 5 trebs in the vale to hit the inner. I can only imagine a lot of TC pugs were using this as a good opportunity to get WXP by repairing the gates/walls.
8. After a long bore fest of this. The walls and gates were finally down. We then put two trebs on the south outer gate of Bay to treb down siege on the walls.
9. We built another treb over looking the dock to kill more siege on the inner.
10. We made a push to the south inner gate and found out that Valtrex does not work because there was an outbreak of an even more nasty herpes strain.
11. We slowly built our own counter arrow carts and proceeded at a snails pace to take down what we could.
12. After taking down all the siege that we could while pushing with our own arrow carts, we pushed in and took the bay.

Now usually keep takes are fun and epic, this was nothing but boring and tasteless. Siege Wars 2, Treb Wars 2, Arrow Cart Wars 2, whatever you call it, it ain’t GW2.

This pretty much sums it up. We had a ton of pugs in there draining supply at an astounding rate with repairs, ignoring our commander on the map telling them not to. We had 1700 supply, then 800 supply, then I looked 5 minutes later and we had 200 supply.

Not much coordination on our end save for the few of us who were in mumble, following the commander’s instructions.

Arrow carts everywhere (I counted 14 on inner at one point)…which were wiped by your arrow-carts and trebs. I think you guys had 5-7 trebs hitting inner bay at some points…

We had a queued map and people just wouldn’t follow any instruction at all. Really frustrating.

I had to just laugh at the ridiculousness of the fight by the time it was over. It was either laugh or face-desk/ragequit.

BT was intelligent in playing the game the way it had to be played to win that fight… It’s just unfortunate that it had to be played that way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I dunno. War is supposed to be siegy. Cover is supposed to be your friend. You don’t see lone soldiers not named Rambo running out and assaulting fortifications. The whole point of siege was to break down fortifications without getting yourself killed in the process. You’re not supposed to get yourself killed until you try to exploit the breach... Well, not supposed to not supposed. You know what I mean.

Siege should be overpowered and that in turn makes supply much more precious. It makes taking and keeping supply camps more important. I think it tilts things so that WvW favors offense even more. If you’re pinned trying to hold keeps/towers you will run out of supply while the attackers siege you to pieces.

I think defense needs to be more proactive at calling threats and preventing the loss of camps. If you’re "occupied" defending then the attackers are just going to outsupply you eventually.

My opinions, not playing all that much WvW since I’m still trying to find myself with my necro. Map completion. Daily laurels. All that.

But yeah, they may have overdid the arrow cart thing a tad.

Passenger: "Stewardess, what exactly is a ’tad’?"
Elaine: "In space terms, that’s half a million miles."

I did get to the trebs in Vale once! Yeah, that didn’t exactly go well for me, but I’m sure I brought smiles to the faces of many, if only briefly.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

5. Gate goes down and we are greeted to so many red circle on the ground, I thought the Bay contracted an aggressive form of the herpres simplex virus.
6. We get through the herpes after applying some Valtrex (which was a push through the gate).
7. We built 5 trebs in the vale to hit the inner. I can only imagine a lot of TC pugs were using this as a good opportunity to get WXP by repairing the gates/walls.
8. After a long bore fest of this. The walls and gates were finally down. We then put two trebs on the south outer gate of Bay to treb down siege on the walls.
10. We made a push to the south inner gate and found out that Valtrex does not work because there was an outbreak of an even more nasty herpes strain.
11. We slowly built our own counter arrow carts and proceeded at a snails pace to take down what we could.
12. After taking down all the siege that we could while pushing with our own arrow carts, we pushed in and took the bay.

And you preferred something like..
1. Build Golems.
2. Take Bay.
… do you?

What you described sounds like what a siege should be, to be honest.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

1. Build Golems.
2. Take Bay.
… do you?

It was boring.

Seems like the only viable way to take anything now is with trebs….none of us really want to sit there and treb something.

Why can’t we ram rush it, knock down the gates, and force people to fight.

All this AC change did was promote zerging and turtling even more.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

...none of us really want to sit there and treb something.

All this AC change did was promote zerging and turtling even more.

I’m happy to pull the trebby lever! It’s safe and it’s super effective!

Maybe think of it as encourage zerging and holding the supply camps more? I’m sure we’ll all adapt. Some will adapt faster and better. And then they’ll revert everything back again. It’s the Circle of Strife, without a movie and Elton John.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drtoph.4857

drtoph.4857

1. Build Golems.
2. Take Bay.
… do you?

What we would like is to have keep takes actually result in some form of pvp. Not 1-2 people sitting on arrowcarts as we slowly move through a keep, while the purpose of the other 20 people is simply to deter a push. Before this AC buff, there was actually a motivation to push out of a keep/tower to try and wipe a group because the rams was generally going to get the gates down faster than <3 arrowcarts could take the ram down. This meant that you might actually have to push out of the tower to wipe the attacking group if you wanted to keep your tower. Now 2 people with AC’s can take down up to three rams before the gate gets to 20%.

Drtoph
80 Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Build arrowcarts at supply camps….treb towers and keeps from supply camps.

Dat meta yo….

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Must...acquire...new...mini *eye twitch*

Oh and finals.

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

1. Build Golems.
2. Take Bay.
… do you?

Minus the important aspect of the game, fighting, players using skills, moving, etc.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

The last one an arrow cart can use the space above the door to for a target area. Not sure about the tower or the outter gates.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valtrex.2895

Valtrex.2895

The last one an arrow cart can use the space above the door to for a target area. Not sure about the tower or the outter gates.

Last pic was taken when he was on treb yes, but afterwards he started AC’ing the inside basin with no field view, at the Tower he Ac’ed everything inside from supply depot all the way to lords. (literally).

~ [BP] Blood Pact ~ Dragonbrand ~
Roaming Mesmer/Ele/Engie/Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Eh.. I don’t think that’s a glitch as you can get a really wide FoV if you’re using a 3 monitor setup. You can also play in windowed mode to get a wider FoV.
The bigger issue is that the increased range from AC mastery’s 1st step seems way over the top to me. It’s only a bit shorter than a catapult’s range using that.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

You don’t think they’re gonna get their buffy on with the catapults and trebs next do you?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valtrex.2895

Valtrex.2895

Eh.. I don’t think that’s a glitch as you can get a really wide FoV if you’re using a 3 monitor setup. You can also play in windowed mode to get a wider FoV.

So your justifying it’s fair game? to arrow cart everything inside a tower from inside a tunnel then outside keep walls? cause you can increase FoV?

~ [BP] Blood Pact ~ Dragonbrand ~
Roaming Mesmer/Ele/Engie/Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Hello everyone! Whose excited for reset?

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

So your justifying it’s fair game? to arrow cart everything inside a tower from inside a tunnel then outside keep walls? cause you can increase FoV?

The issue is not the FoV it’s the fact that arrows from ACs don’t behave like actual physical projectiles. You wouldn’t need LoS for an AC to hit behind a wall but you definitely would need an unobstructed path.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

So your justifying it’s fair game?...cause you can increase FoV?

It’s justifying my wish that I had the money to get the hardware that would let me have and take advantage of 3 monitors.

I don’t think this is the thread to discuss this particular point. Take it up with teh ANet.

Reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit that predicted 3 bladed razors. It’s only a matter of time now until one of us gamers goes SO hardcore they’re rockin’ FIVE monitors.

Edit: I’d probably end up using 3 to play the game, 1 to keep tabs on the forums, and 1 to surf stuff that would make my mother ashamed of me. ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Here is a picture of TC sieging Hills in TC bl. Looks a lot like how every other tower and keep was sieged by them in the same borderland.

Attachments:

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Here is a picture of TC sieging Hills in TC bl. Looks a lot like how every other tower and keep was sieged by them in the same borderland.

That’s how everyone’s playing the game now… It’s awful…and not fun. It’s unfortunately also the only way to play anymore.

Welcome to the new ACvAC.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

That’s how everyone’s playing the game now… It’s awful…and not fun.

Yeah. Mainly trying to put emphasis on how the arrow cart is hitting in a location where there should be no line-of-sight.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

That’s how everyone’s playing the game now… It’s awful…and not fun.

Yeah. Mainly trying to put emphasis on how the arrow cart is hitting in a location where there should be no line-of-sight.

You just need to drop the cart in a place where the user can see that location. Also, triple monitor displays can see a lot of weird places you wouldn’t expect when you’re looking in the right direction.

This same tactic was used when FA took Bay from us last night. They took out no less than 6 arrow carts that were right behind a T3 wall with their arrow carts. In hindsight I wish I’d gotten a screenshot.

I don’t call it exploiting anyway. I call it cheap, yes, even when TC does it, but it’s not an exploit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sylpharion.1452

Sylpharion.1452

Epic battle at FABL Bay. DB tags Hills to lure us there, then sacrificed a Golem to Garrison Watergate as a distraction to hide their actual 10(?) Golems rush on Bay.

As soon as WP timer opened up we dropped superior siege left and right, then flash built half of it just in time to wipe part of the massive DB zerg coming in to lords room.

Very nicely done and unexpected. Would’ve lost Bay if there wasn’t anyone watching Bay at that time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Hello everyone!

Ohai.

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

RE:6 vs VK:1 Video!

• our 1st GvG video up under our newly established guild name!
  • Thanks for those that participated and spectated
Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think this AC problem could be fixed by just adding an ammunition supply in addition to the actual supplies to build the equipment. Players hold ammo on them, and when it drains, no more shots from AC’s, or any other siege equipment. They have to hop off and another player hops on with ammo to continue. If they don’t have ammo or they’ve wasted it blindly firing arrows outside the gate, then it’s too bad so sad.

They could add ammo camps, and little ammo caches. Ammo could drop off players etc..

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

It would be better to have them supply ammo to the siege instead of making people hop on and off. Dunno if we want them to have the server keep track of another variable or drop type.

I guess we’ll all tweak our play to accept, if not embrace, the modified arrow cartness. Know it, love it, live it. Or was it kill it. Kill with it. Live la vida twippa.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I think it would be better for everyone if they just returned ACs to how they were before.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I think this AC problem could be fixed by just adding an ammunition supply in addition to the actual supplies to build the equipment. Players hold ammo on them, and when it drains, no more shots from AC’s, or any other siege equipment. They have to hop off and another player hops on with ammo to continue. If they don’t have ammo or they’ve wasted it blindly firing arrows outside the gate, then it’s too bad so sad.

They could add ammo camps, and little ammo caches. Ammo could drop off players etc..

…or just have supply be the ammo. 1 shot per 1 supply. do that for every piece of siege.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

…or just have supply be the ammo. 1 shot per 1 supply. do that for every piece of siege.

Haha oh mai. Imagine how THAT would change the metagame.

Doesn’t make sense for something like a ram to have ammo supply though, except for maybe the flame part.

Arrow carts though….I’ve always wondered where they get all those arrows from.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Arrow carts though….I’ve always wondered where they get all those arrows from.

Sylvari bring the wood!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Epic battle at FABL Bay. DB tags Hills to lure us there, then sacrificed a Golem to Garrison Watergate as a distraction to hide their actual 10(?) Golems rush on Bay.

As soon as WP timer opened up we dropped superior siege left and right, then flash built half of it just in time to wipe part of the massive DB zerg coming in to lords room.

Very nicely done and unexpected. Would’ve lost Bay if there wasn’t anyone watching Bay at that time.

and then we did

i’m not sure very many of us play now

we’re +285 with zero queues and mostly empty maps

are you guys sure you like the arrow cart change

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

(edited by Zoel.9154)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

and then we did

i’m not sure very many of us play now

we’re +285 with zero queues and mostly empty maps

are you guys sure you like the arrow cart change

You have 40 people in TC BL.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

FA and DB

It is always fun fighting against you.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Petition to boycott Arrowcarts!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

It’s that time again, folks!

Happy reset eve!

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I never thought I’d say this…. But WvW just isn’t fun anymore. Treb Wars ftl.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

:( I’m a sad, sad panda.

Kegmaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Players turn the game into what it is, it is not Anet’s fault people zerg hard it is the players. People will fall back to the easy win no matter what, its how people operate on video games. I know personally TG usually doesn’t run a commander tag + guild raid because we want to encourage less zerging.

Everything i hate about WvW is created by the community and not anet and its sad :/

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Happy reset eve!

Pure awesome!

Love your “Stick Figure Theatre” Oolune!

NAGA|TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

How many guardians in your group?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Happy reset eve!

HAHA so kitten funny

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

How many guardians in your group?

I believe our side had five. Some of them were running meeeeeh builds and were new.

Great fun to RE! I don’t believe anything on-the-spot there could have won us that set of matches there. We hope to improve and even out the score sometime!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Happy reset eve!

Pure awesome!

Love your “Stick Figure Theatre” Oolune!

All for the hard-working men and women out there on the battlefields. ;D

HAHA so kitten funny

And many thanks to you for the idea of using the gecko head!

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Happy reset eve!

And in less than 24 hours it’ll be 2-14! Whooo suck it TC!

Kidding of course =) I dunno if a second place over TC even counts, so really we could still be at 0 lol.

But you know what… arrow carts will still be OPsauce in 24 hours.

Keep up the awesome pictures though, I especially like the “rawr I’m a dragon-brand” lizard.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Happy reset eve!

And in less than 24 hours it’ll be 2-14! Whooo suck it TC!

Kidding of course =) I dunno if a second place over TC even counts, so really we could still be at 0 lol.

But you know what… arrow carts will still be OPsauce in 24 hours.

Keep up the awesome pictures though, I especially like the “rawr I’m a dragon-brand” lizard.

boo nibbles… that’s very … rude .. coming from you. j/k :P

But yeah, congrats to DB and FA. Regardless of the result, it was refreshing to see some great action over the weekend after two weeks of easy wins.

I know we’ve gotten a bit complacent over the past few weeks when KN started fading and this week our defenses (which was once a thing we used to be proud of) has been slightly slacking. We never underestimated DB as an opponent, the last time we played against them during our one-week sting in T3 they handed our kitten to us during SEA time even though we won the match due to their lacking NA coverage and Maguumba being Maguumba :P . And now with their major coverage hole being filled, especially with T1 guilds we’re seeing some new tactics being used, new strategies being implemented so we’re gonna take time to adjust to it. Along with that I guess there are some exams in US (I’m from SEA so am not sure), but a lot of regulars haven’t showed up this week and it only gotten worse after the new dungeon.

So we’re more or less trying to take it a bit easy on ourselves, trying to adapt to new patch stuff, new opponent, new strategies and everything else that’s new (so many new things in one week —> system overload). Hopefully for the next matchup TC can bring some challenge your way. Those who are still showing up and fighting the good fight on TC, regardless of the score, you guys are awesome. <3

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

BT has gone CAREBEAR for this score update!!

Attachments:

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark King Rayleigh.9174

Dark King Rayleigh.9174

I think most of this can be fixed by just making arrow carts not able to damage most siege. Then if they are trebbing you, you can get catapults inside the min treb shot range.

There should be a counter to anything that the enemy does or can do

Commander’s options for small detailed tactics (i.e. build this here to counter that), are even smaller then they were. Arrow carts for semi-close range, Trebs for farther away. There is nothing that is a rock-paper-scissor counter to this and it makes taking a keep boring, removes more skill from defending and assualting.

They need to reward smaller groups more, and big zergs less. One way is to have a set amount of xp per objective. If 5 people take a keep by themselves they should get a crazy amount of xp. If 80 people take a keep they should get just barely more than nothing.

They should buff server points/world xp/etc to being in the open field, protecting/attacking supply lines. Buff the guards and the dolyak health. Make it fun and a challenge to take it and/or defend it.

Make supply in keeps (maybe towers) to not allow players to pick it up. Instead make it something you can ‘buy’ or activate via an npc for the workers to do. So that there is a max amount supply that can go into rebuilding walls gates. Or make them un-repairable when the camp is under attack/enemy in the vacinity.

Expand the siege cap to limit the number of arrow carts that can be placed in any 2000 yd range.

Expand the siege cap to limit the number of siege that can be built in any 30/60 or 120 min interval in a BL/Keep/Tower/etc.

These things may or may not be fun for people but what do i know, I’m just a programmer.

Commander Dark King Zoro – Support Guardian
Dark King Brook – DPS Necro
[BT] – Blackgate