T2 NA: TC/DB/FA 5/24

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

^Mark Twain

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Yes one commanders wife won’t understand credit card bill for 5g worth of trebs, and yes we are looking the other way when TC runs past, but for the first time in a long time FA is having serious fun.

Hehehehe!

But most importantly… pure awesome!

This is a game. It is not “srsz bznz” – glad to hear FA is having fun again!

Haha! I agree! Very cool.

Come on people make with the funnies! This isn’t the battlefield. Don’t make me get Walken all up in here!

Absolutely great fun at FA’s Bay last night. I don’t know how I lived through the lag at times but I am glad I put those extra points into toughness/vitality let me tell you! Fighting FA and DB and then FA and FA and FA and FA…

Love being back in T2!

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

@jayne

TY for the Bday wishes! I will need to make some special cookies for you. I do believe you are partial to anything Omnon.

TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Good lord, building that WP in TCBL Hills was a nightmare tonight. Kudos to the mostly FA folks screwing with us there – your small group stuff is pretty tight, with us pretty much trading fights in the small groups. That fight with AVTR in Water Camp was amazing as well, lasted for-freaking-everrrrrrrr.

Aye that was an epic ‘little’ fight

Haha definitely! Saw you there tagged up – tossed a target on you, saw your health really low, not sure if we got you though. That fight was straight chaos! LOL

Great fun, really enjoyed bumping into you guys last night.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

i was told by some1 on DB to xfer to TC and roleplay with you guys cause im a DA. WHO WANTS TO PAY FOR DIS SEXY NORN!

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

Fort Aspenwood, more like COURT TASKIN’ GOOD

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol I love/hate that mos map updater. Tonight looks like a game of musical maps. But what happens when the music stops, lol?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

@ KH did u guys like my trebs! fun fight we had at sentry

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

DB’s newest commander, aka the traitor, aka joffrey lannister, is fairly hated by FA at the moment. One of our other commanders filled the gap, king joffrey left, and took control with simplistic clarity, troll SMC, and kill DBs newest addition.

I don’t mind server transfers, but going to another server in the same tier is lame.

in Match-ups

Posted by: False Hope.8965

False Hope.8965

TC you need to learn to sweep bay better

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

DB’s newest commander, aka the traitor, aka joffrey lannister, is fairly hated by FA at the moment. One of our other commanders filled the gap, king joffrey left, and took control with simplistic clarity, troll SMC, and kill DBs newest addition.

I don’t mind server transfers, but going to another server in the same tier is lame.

I don’t really have a huge problem with server transfers either. But I totally agree with this. Did the guilds that moved to DB from FA dislike FA that much? I don’t get it.

In any case.. I do have to say that I’ve noticed a marked improvement in FA’s attitude (?) since the change and at the end of the day, as someone correctly pointed out earlier in this thread, this is a game and I’m glad to see that FA is having fun again.

(this from someone that has er.. battled y’all since CD days )

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Pie!!!
/15chars

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

I felt p bad for novus last night. I only commanded for 3 hours but FA’s militia won something like 8 of 8 engagements against his militia. Although I am in fact God Emperor of Fort Aspenwood, it should have been 3 of 8, because Novus made spot on calls that should have won at least five of them. Two of them were easily wins for novus due to his amazing death from above calls (although on 3 we just out-manned you guys too hard to lose). It seemed like DB was running straight glass pretty hard out there.

There is a lot of anti DB sentiment esp. I know for sure with Agg since they absorbed a lot of guys who went from Ret to VK to Agg, and people are fairly upset with Novus, but MEH. People get like that. 90% of those people developed into players that fit in better with the structure of Agg or similar guilds, so it doesn’t really bug me. I’d rather they be happy in Agg than miserable here.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

(edited by Zoel.9154)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I don’t really have a huge problem with server transfers either. But I totally agree with this. Did the guilds that moved to DB from FA dislike FA that much? I don’t get it.

In any case.. I do have to say that I’ve noticed a marked improvement in FA’s attitude (?) since the change and at the end of the day, as someone correctly pointed out earlier in this thread, this is a game and I’m glad to see that FA is having fun again.

(this from someone that has er.. battled y’all since CD days )

More like we’ve suffered through his ego trips. I can’t count how many times I heard hims say “stack on me or die” “see the dead people? they died because they didn’t stack on me” “we fail because people don’t stack on me” “let them all die, if they don’t know how to stack on me then deserve to die”

…he wasn’t the only one. Another commander had server-wide “training” in EB, where he instructed people on how to “stack on me”

I’ve had other commanders whisper my ranger, and tell me to respec to something useful that uses spirits…

and slowly.. less and less people have wandered into WvW…

“king joffrey” really is a fitting title for him.

The monday night commander, we had, was more like….

I’ll follow the new coach any day.

Edit: well I wasn’t gonna use names, but yes, Novus is joffrey and Zoel is the new coach of FA! …err… God Emperor of Fort Aspenwood!

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

(edited by Ezeriel.9574)

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

Find a havoc squad and you dont need to follow a commander, problem solved. As far as other servers grping together, if you take my invites expect some smack talk lol. We are not here to be buddies with the other server. Dont take the other server’s invites if you cant handle whats about to be said next, its tht simple lol.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Honestly I hope DB absorbed some of our cancer.

I hope Novus finds what he needs over there. Being honest here: He was usually correct when he was stating things like “they all died because they didn’t stay on my tag”…

BUT presentation/attitude matters…and he only ended up alienating people. He’s an excellent commander and I don’t think he’s the “cancer” I was referring to…although he may need to tone it down to fit in.

Now we only need to watch out for him spying in our TS3, or leaving one of his multiple accounts around spying on server.

As for the guilds that left or fell apart:

VK was a completely failed upstart. Breaking off from RET was a huge mistake IMO. RET was completely bad kitten when they were “too big”, as soon as VK broke off RET has needed to rebuild. VK was awesome for about 3 weeks, and then started to crack with people having different life priorities etc.

The death knell for VK is when 15+ members were sniped by AGG, which is interesting because both VK and RET at their best were better than AGG.

BT left because they were bored with this matchup, and the fact they couldn’t find open field fights with anyone from either TC or DB. They went as far as repping different guilds to trick people into fighting them. People still ran from/avoided them.

Soooo BT went to BG so they can fight new guilds who don’t know enough to run from them. I believe they would like to beat on SOR some, although with the new matchups coming around the corner, they could have wasted gold to end up fighting the same opponents again. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tripp.5421

Tripp.5421

http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1/c/2343469

Definitely a must watch highlight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1/c/2343469

Definitely a must watch highlight.

I’ve never seen him so happy before.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Dunno which BT you guys are talking about, but the only BT zergs i seem to have encountered in T2 were usually camping inside opposing spawn towers with ACs.

Back in T3/4 BT was out and about alot, but in T2 i’ve only seen them outside towers maybe a handful of times.

Just my experience ofc.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Now we only need to watch out for him spying in our TS3, or leaving one of his multiple accounts around spying on server.

Ah so our little FA friend is now our little DB friend?

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

@ rawr, BT smashed every single guild in this tier and if anyone tries to say otherwise is a fool. They would 1v3 different guild grpkittenting them from all sides at the same time. They did run different tags because ppl did avoid them, zergs that rolled 20+ more than BT ran from them because they knew the dmg they left. Ppl will be bitter towards them for whatever reasons but facts are still facts, they smashed everyone in this tier.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

@ rawr, BT smashed every single guild in this tier and if anyone tries to say otherwise is a fool. They would 1v3 different guild grpkittenting them from all sides at the same time. They did run different tags because ppl did avoid them, zergs that rolled 20+ more than BT ran from them because they knew the dmg they left. Ppl will be bitter towards them for whatever reasons but facts are still facts, they smashed everyone in this tier.

I was a part of many zergs that smashed BT. I was also smashed by BT many times.

BT was powerful. They were by no means unstoppable. Frankly I find [Agg] to be much more of a challenge than BT was.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Lol ok.

BT were/is good, but nowhere near invincible.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Lol ok.

They weren’t invincible, but to be honest no one wanted to face them in the open field. I ran with them a bit, and its true…every other enemy guild usually bounced.

It was indeed frustrating…so then BT had to goad enemy servers into towers for their farming.

And then they had to rep different guild tags.

They just wanted to fight, and no one was around to do so. Mainly because TC and DB are terrible in the open field.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Lol ok.

They weren’t invincible, but to be honest no one wanted to face them in the open field. I ran with them a bit, and its true…every other enemy guild usually bounced.

It was indeed frustrating…so then BT had to goad enemy servers into towers for their farming.

They just wanted to fight, and no one was around to do so. Mainly because TC and DB are terrible in the open field.

Organized guild groups never backed down from a fight with BT, and had pretty good records of beating them. The problem is, after being wiped once or twice, BT left the map.

Also, your assertion that TC and DB are terrible in open field shows you probably don’t “really” play WvW, or your experience is extremely limited in scope.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

BUT presentation/attitude matters…and he only ended up alienating people. He’s an excellent commander and I don’t think he’s the “cancer” I was referring to…although he may need to tone it down to fit in.

Haha, I have only run with him once on EB yesterday. I was one of the 5 people who stayed stacked up on him. I gotta say, running with Novus and hearing him in TS was one of the most entertaining things I have done in WvW to date. He does have a unique style, reminding me of a kitten ed off football coach. I am not sure if he was stressed out the whole time, but some comments I could have sworn were to make us laugh and I was loving it.

One thing I can definitely say though is that I learned a lot about strategy during the time I did run with him which was very impressive. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Haha – btw I did like the way Novus practices what he preaches. At one point on TS when a ranger expressed discontent that Novus told him to stack on him, arguing that he was a ranged character, the whole time I was thinking “you know you are saying this to a staff ele, right?”

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

(edited by Sepreh.5924)

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Wow this is familiar….

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Pound for pound, player for player [Agg] presents more of a threat than [BT], especially in open field ZvZ. That’s not to say [BT] can’t be dangerous, but if I’m nestled among equal numbers of my own Guildies, I’d expect a win against them more often than against [Agg]. Perhaps against less organized zergs of randoms they’re potentially a steamroller, but that can be said for any organized guild group against any rabble of talented amateurs they encounter. Smart zergs are vastly stronger than dumb ones three times their size.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

This is a game. It is not “srsz bznz” – glad to hear FA is having fun again!

YaY! Finger! Moon!

STOP responding to the trolls people.

Londo Mollari: Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

I was a part of many zergs that smashed X. I was also smashed by X many times.

Let’s get smashed together!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Lol ok.

Organized guild groups never backed down from a fight with BT, and had pretty good records of beating them. The problem is, after being wiped once or twice, BT left the map.

Also, your assertion that TC and DB are terrible in open field shows you probably don’t “really” play WvW, or your experience is extremely limited in scope.

Just my experience when running with BT.

But yah you guys on TC run from open field and/or are terrible.

Plenty of hours in WvW, thanks though!

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Holy deja vu batman.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

BT was a great challenge and when they were in T3 inspired BP to step up our game to the next level. When we fought them in T2, it was great competition when we were able to muster our full force and compete with them on mostly equal terms.

I do think smashed is a little strong TBH though. They gave good competition and they had great movement, but they were not unbeatable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

That was some amazing timing for WvW new build..

-TCBL defender

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

1 hr despawn timers at last?

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Can anyone explain the extra ie more than normal ,lag that only occurs with certain DB guilds .Not once twice but consistently ?

And no not numbers even if that guild is small running group the lag spikes consistently.

Wonder why is more than just coincidence ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

That was some amazing timing for WvW new build.

Tell me they’re finally adding coffee pit stop stalls to all the keeps, towers, and supply camps.

PLEEEASE.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

They just wanted to fight, and no one was around to do so. Mainly because TC and DB are terrible in the open field.[/quote]

………and the evidence as we can all see is clear undeniable…

Oh Im refering to certain delusions .

All servers have good and bad days lucky days unlucky days ….as do players .guilds etc . argue otherwise is a sign of well something Id rather not say

At times things go right other times not …..manages to launch my z brush by accident middle fight yesterday froze me for minutes ..result well easy to guess…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Can anyone explain the extra ie more than normal ,lag that only occurs with certain DB guilds .Not once twice but consistently ?

And no not numbers even if that guild is small running group the lag spikes consistently.

It’s our patented Event Horizon of Awesome. A complex blend of haxx0r, colliding atomic particles, and Wagon trains.

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

………and the evidence as we can all see is clear undeniable…

Oh Im refering to certain delusions .

All servers have good and bad days lucky days unlucky days ….as do players .guilds etc . argue otherwise is a sign of well something Id rather not say

At times things go right other times not …..manages to launch my z brush by accident middle fight yesterday froze me for minutes ..result well easy to guess…

Hey you guys are more than welcome to upload your videos of wiping BT over and over.

Quenta makes a recap video a week. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

I experience lag spikes too, even when in my immediate vicinity there does not appear to be many enemies or friendlies.

However, often orange swords would have popped elsewhere on the map, thus it is entirely possible that a really large battle is ongoing elsewhere, and possibly contributing to poor server performance.

This is almost certainly an ANET server load issue, extremely unlikely to be related to specific servers or guilds.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Hey you guys are more than welcome to upload your videos of wiping BT over and over.

Quenta makes a recap video a week. :P

Not everyone has an ego the size of the titanic.

Nor the inclination to edit footage for public consumption.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

in Match-ups

Hadan.2841

lol, sry if my post caused an uproar, all i was saying is BT was a very good guild tht won most of their fights. TC/DB have their guilds tht are good obv agg is a standout for Db and Pink/EP/KH for TC. i just thought rawr’s post was completely shutting them down for what they do and was responding to him

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

<— Two guilds (EA fielding about 20 while Agg around 20) 2 vs 1 BT winning each time. BT is good though. It’s a shame they are having trouble transfering their whole guild into Blackgate.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

lol, sry if my post caused an uproar, all i was saying is BT was a very good guild tht won most of their fights. TC/DB have their guilds tht are good obv agg is a standout for Db and Pink/EP/KH for TC. i just thought rawr’s post was completely shutting them down for what they do and was responding to him

CERN is also worth mentioning. Nightlight is one of the most talented open-field fight commanders I’ve seen. He led the charge for the very first Agg wipe that occured after DB made it to T2. One of the best fights I’ve ever had in WvW. Agg makes you earn it….

In any case, you are correct. BT was very talented. It was just rare that they got any real competition… Every time I rolled with one of our guild zergs, we did very well against BT. Every time it was a random pug zerg with a random commander, BT rolled us, or we ran.

The same thing is the case with our talented guilds vs pugs. Random, non-guild groups are easy to roll.

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

It’s claims like this one.

That results in a response.

As ive said before BT is GOOD, sometimes extremely good especially back in T3/4.

But in T2, in my experience (which is not fully representative) BT largely appears to have led/attracted server zergs which camped towers behind carts.

etrigan has corroborated that, openly stating that BT were camping towers to goad people to fight them.

It may not make much sense to some but what competent cmdr is going to assault a spawn tower with a server zerg camping inside it with carts?

Even more so when that server zerg does not appear to respond when their keeps are being taken?

AGAIN, BT is/was SOLID in the open field, but nearing the end of their stay in T2, opposing forces mostly encountered them inside towers.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Crappy patch-notes are up, guys. Eat your hearts out.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

WvW went down over an hour ago. Would love for this patch to actually drop so we can get back in there…

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

It’s claims like this one.

That results in a response.

As ive said before BT is GOOD, sometimes extremely good especially back in T3/4.

But in T2, in my experience (which is not fully representative) BT largely appears to have led/attracted server zergs which camped towers behind carts.

etrigan has corroborated that, openly stating that BT were camping towers to goad people to fight them.

It may not make much sense to some but what competent cmdr is going to assault a spawn tower with a server zerg camping inside it with carts?

Even more so when that server zerg does not appear to respond when their keeps are being taken?

AGAIN, BT is/was SOLID in the open field, but nearing the end of their stay in T2, opposing forces mostly encountered them inside towers.

You misunderstood what I said, BT strived for way to fight people, barely anyone stepped up.

Hanging in the towers with walls down waiting for someone to attack, only to watch zergs run by.

This is not a BT only occurrence. FA is a bit of a pvp server, we just aren’t finding the fights we used.

Arrow carts are OP…but they aren’t that OP. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

You misunderstood what I said, BT strived for way to fight people, barely anyone stepped up.

Hanging in the towers with walls down waiting for someone to attack, only to watch zergs run by.

This is not a BT only occurrence. FA is a bit of a pvp server, we just aren’t finding the fights we used.

Arrow carts are OP…but they aren’t that OP. :P

One would think that if BT and FA wanted fights, assaulting/taking Keeps, one of the top two Towers, or the North Camps on opposing BLs would be a much better way to draw attacks than hunkering down in their spawn Tower where everybody could see the Siege they had dropped…

Regardless SoR’s NA Guilds should be happy to give them fights whenever SoR and BG match up so hopefully they will find what they are looking for.

NAGA|TC