Take. Out. The. Grub.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I was having a blast on Northern Shiverpeaks WvWvW in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Then, at one point, I realize that we are missing about 75% of our team. After a bit of looking I find that they are all fighting this worm. Nobody would leave it, the enemy team took the supply camp right NEXT to the worm and nobody even cared, and we lost a lot on that server. What makes it all worse is that after helping them kill it (at that point I had decided to help them finish it as fast as we could because we didn’t stand a chance w/o this huge group of players) all I got were 3 badges of honor…………. 3……. It took us 30 minutes…….. Just take it out please.

Right now NS has very little structure due to these free server transfers and a previously high queue time and so it is hard to communicate with all of these random people and convince them that that objective isn’t helpful.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Signed. Remove PvE from WvW altogether

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I agree.

Or at the very LEAST, make the grub a useful part of WvW. If your team beats the grub, it should go ravage whoever owns Stonemist or something.

As it is, whatever team starts in the southeast corner is destined to lose because that’s where the the grub is and its primary purpose appears to be to tie up 30 newbies for about 20 minutes, by which time your team will have lost everything.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Yup last night we lost Upgraded Bravost and our Valley Keep when the pve hero’s refused to defend these FULLY upgraded keeps….
They even have the guts to say go frack yourselves…..when all we asked was to drop grub fight for a few moments to defend the keeps 50 meters away fromt hem

Petition signed !!!

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I was having a blast on Northern Shiverpeaks WvWvW in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Then, at one point, I realize that we are missing about 75% of our team. After a bit of looking I find that they are all fighting this worm. Nobody would leave it, the enemy team took the supply camp right NEXT to the worm and nobody even cared, and we lost a lot on that server. What makes it all worse is that after helping them kill it (at that point I had decided to help them finish it as fast as we could because we didn’t stand a chance w/o this huge group of players) all I got were 3 badges of honor…………. 3……. It took us 30 minutes…….. Just take it out please.

Right now NS has very little structure due to these free server transfers and a previously high queue time and so it is hard to communicate with all of these random people and convince them that that objective isn’t helpful.

So by your own admission, your server has massively outvoted you on if the worm should be in or not….

Re read your post, you are effectively saying your opinion on how to play is more important than 75% of the other players on the map……unless you bought everyone their account you dont get to make that decision. The only measure of whats important is what people do when givena free choice, in this case, the choose to fight the worm, that seams pretty clear cut to me, the worm stays.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

That situation could be annoying indeed :-) but help people to understand priorities.

I like the suggestion about making the Grub kill useful for your server in some way. Also, that monster take too much to kill for a PvP map, and rewards are not really good (at least for me, the only two times I have killed it)

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

So by your own admission, your server has massively outvoted you on if the worm should be in or not….

Re read your post, you are effectively saying your opinion on how to play is more important than 75% of the other players on the map……unless you bought everyone their account you dont get to make that decision. The only measure of whats important is what people do when givena free choice, in this case, the choose to fight the worm, that seams pretty clear cut to me, the worm stays.

At no point did I say “Everyone in that group also wants this”. I at no point spoke on behalf of the other players. I speak on my behalf, and my behalf only. You also say that somehow I don’t get to make the decision on what my opinion is because a majority of other players MIGHT have a different one… I feel like you really need to re-read BOTH of our posts because you obviously didn’t get it.

That might be the most unclear argument for anything that I have ever seen…. and I’m taking a class specifically for looking at poor arguments.

ummmm anyways…..
The worm took away from our server because it acted as a distraction to people who blindly followed it around even while they were being attacked by small contingents of enemies. This worm would not be a huge problem if it didn’t take that long for almost all of our combatants to take it down and still not get any WvWvW reward. I really don’t see much point in any PvE monsters besides the ones you can “recruit” like the Hylek. For the most part they just make elementalists constant dodging even more of a problem.

Tl;dr: If someone wants to fight a giant worm, go to Queensdale. If someone wants to fight other human players in a large scale battle for supremacy, feel free to stay and fight.

And P.S. Is this really only on one corner of the map? That might be the biggest disadvantage I have ever seen a developer give to a single side.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

At no point did I say “Everyone in that group also wants this”. I at no point spoke on behalf of the other players. I speak on my behalf, and my behalf only. You also say that somehow I don’t get to make the decision on what my opinion is because a majority of other players MIGHT have a different one… I feel like you really need to re-read BOTH of our posts because you obviously didn’t get it.

That might be the most unclear argument for anything that I have ever seen…. and I’m taking a class specifically for looking at poor arguments.

ummmm anyways…..
The worm took away from our server because it acted as a distraction to people who blindly followed it around even while they were being attacked by small contingents of enemies. This worm would not be a huge problem if it didn’t take that long for almost all of our combatants to take it down and still not get any WvWvW reward. I really don’t see much point in any PvE monsters besides the ones you can “recruit” like the Hylek. For the most part they just make elementalists constant dodging even more of a problem.

Tl;dr: If someone wants to fight a giant worm, go to Queensdale. If someone wants to fight other human players in a large scale battle for supremacy, feel free to stay and fight.

And P.S. Is this really only on one corner of the map? That might be the biggest disadvantage I have ever seen a developer give to a single side.

This is really just for the P.S. Note

The red team has a champion Arboreal spirit near speldan.

Im not sure if the green team has any boss monster near their stuff.
Honestly I think if any team has an advantage it’s green.
Their towers seem ridiculously easy to defend. Wildcreek has a murder pit to reach the gate, and the walls arent destroyable on the side where you come from the dredge. Red’s version, anz has a destroyable wall right on that side, and the gate is simply a straight wall. There’s no horrible pit of death that almost every green tower has.

As for keeps, most keeps can be assaulted from a variety of sides, and keeps have “hidden” entrances in which you usually pass underground to a gate that’s typically less defended. Wanna know where said gates are for the green keep? Under water. Directly to the sides of the main gate…

Green stuff in EBG seems much harder to assault into than anything else imo.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

All opinions are not equal. Some are just plain stupid, like attacking the Grub when it means losing other important objectives. So yes, his opinion is more important than the idiots deciding to go for the grub.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Utnac.3074

Utnac.3074

Agree entirely, remove Grub, the Spirit and the other PvE events, leave the 3 NPC camps as they are and make all npcs into yellows (skakes e.t.c.).

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

ummmm anyways…..

I’d spend more time in that class if i were you.

Let me put it more simply.
You say take out the grub as people fight it in preference to what you want them to do.
You acknowledge that far more people fight the grub, you say three quarters of the team, which i assume is hyperbole, but i’ll take you at your word.
Therefore, you are saying that the grub needs to go, as you want those 3/4 of the players to stop their prefered activity to conform with your prefered activity.

No. Given a free choice, people choose to fight the grub. Therefore the majority opinion is the grub should stay. You asking for it to be removed is projecting your prefered playstyle onto other people, assuming your way is the right way, which is quite frankly imcredibly arrogant. Let people do what they want, its not up to you, or me for that matter, to tell people how to prritise their play activities to meet our own preferences.

As to the person saying not all opinions are equal, no they are not, however we paid the same for the game, we can all play it as we want to. You do not get to dictate how oth people choose to play. You can suggest their time may be better spent elsewhere, but they are perfectly entitled to tell you no.

(edited by Cameirus.8407)

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The grub is one of the greatest boss fights in the game. It is fun, weird (spawn the little grubs) and packs a wallop too.

However, it is so annoying when your whole team is fighting it for fifteen minutes.

I hate to see it removed from the game though. Maybe it can be moved to PvE, or made into a capturable objective.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Meowth.9124

Meowth.9124

The entirety of the mobs need to leave. Especially the aggressive ones.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorfob.8039

Gorfob.8039

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Agreed, please move it to a PvE zone. Same regarding other PvE activities in WvW, they only serve to get in the way of PvP.

I lost a few 1v1’s because of random mob aggro, especially from mobs that use crowd control in WvW (most of them do).

I can live with the jumping puzzles, since they provide a source of small scale PvP and a way for poor people to obtain a few blueprints, although I think the EB jumping puzzle needs a change in terms of when you can acces it, because at any given time we usually have 20 people in there, that’s 20 people less to fight with. Perhaps make it accesible only to the server that has all 3 orbs, doubling it as a ‘zerg bleeder’ for a larger/stronger server.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Leave it in.

Keep the WORLD feeling in WvW. Otherwise it’s just going to become a crappy wow-clone BG.

No thanks. K?

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Vordus.1250

Vordus.1250

lol Daedalus still crying? Its Hythero The Innocent. We took back everything after the worm died so whats the point with this thread? It didnt take 30 min either, we got attacked by around 25 enemies that we had to kill, thats why it took abit longer then usually.
It doesnt matter at all if you lose stuff in this game, you dont benefit when you own everything anyways, you only die a tiny silver when you die which is also pathetic. Should be like 30 silver when you die.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

WvWvW is Anets answer to Open world PvP. I love the PVE stuff, in fact I think there should be more. Put in Bosses that give buffs like LoL add real dynamic event chains. Expand the maps. I do think however avoiding PvP to do PvE is idiotic, obivously defending a keep against assault should be top priority. That however is a problem with your players not a problem with the game.

There is a lot of potential for really cool stuff in WvWvW. I’d like to see it expanded not taken away. Sometimes the game bogs down and it would be nice to have something to do instead of capping another supply camp you have no way of holding for more than 3 minutes, or getting crushed trying to take a tower.

There are a lot of positives

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: bartsimpsons.6135

bartsimpsons.6135

i have no opposition to pve in WvW, i think it helps create immersion.
BUT
pve should effect the outcome of WvW my providing buffs or reinforcments or something
eg. quaggan camps, dolyaks, supply camp npcs, orb of power npcs

they should put the grub in equally accessible to servers and make it provide a buff or some sort of WvW related reward so that it will become a contested point rather than a carebear magnet…

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.7928

Phoenix.7928

nah. leave it. seeing two zergs fighting over it is awesome.
open pvp isn’t battlegrounds. learn the difference.

Take. Out. The. Grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

text

bla bla theirs no free choice, its war. Their are enough other players that actually want to play WvW. You can play PvE everywhere else. You argue like a person that wants to play checkers on a chess table while 100 other people actually want to play chess on that table.