Thief exploiting/abuse.....getting old and tiresome Anet....

in WvW

Posted by: Taemek.1602

Taemek.1602

Thiefs being able to one shot people in less then 2 seconds from out of stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to stop the capping of contested points from somehow, perma stealthing – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to Finish Them! while in stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to revive people while in stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to smash down the buff NPC’s in sPvP from getting a 30k+ crit on a opening skill and stealing the buff for thier team – Needs addressing.

Stealth should be broken by ANY action they participate in and the NPC buff in sPvP needs to be applied to the team who did the most damage overall, not last hit.

If Anet intends Thiefs to be this way, then say something, so we can all reroll Thiefs please.

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

I thought Epoch had a no whiners policy..

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Taemek.1602

I bet you play a Thief Houds, anyways, good to see you and I think you would agree, that the class needs some slight adjusting.

Is Aimey playing?

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadius.1247

Arcadius.1247

If you nerf stealth, youll destroy the thief as a class… stealth is the very essence of the class. also doing large amounts of damage in a couple shots is also in the spirit of the class.

ill take your issues one at a time:
1. covered that already, it fits the class that they should be able to do that damage if they spec for it.
2. AOE, AOE,AOE. that will mess the thief messing with your capture point. use mesmer clones to attack them the second they un stealth. Maybe its a rendering issue for you but I dont believe there actually is a way to be perma stealthed. If so thats a bug and should be fixed but again I dont think its possible.
3+4. I dont see why this is much of a problem, thieves are still vulnerable to aoe and most ppl aoe corpses as a rule. not something that needs addressing really.
5. I don’t play sPvP so I wont speak on this.

The thieve is not more powerful then any other class. they just happen to have annoying skills. and you’re only complaining mainly because you can’t see them. You could make a ‘case’ that any class needs ‘addressing’

(edited by Arcadius.1247)

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

Class is fine. You can either counter everything you complained about or other classes have skills that allow them to achieve the same end result. Stop being bad.

He might be playing.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Taemek.1602

If you nerf stealth, youll destroy the thief as a class… stealth is the very essence of the class. also doing large amounts of damage in a couple shots is also in the spirit of the class.

1. covered that already, it fits the class that they should be able to do that damage if they spec for it.
2+3. I dont see why this is much of a problem, thieves are still vulnerable to aoe and most ppl aoe corpses as a rule. not something that needs addressing really.
4. I don’t play sPvP so I wont speak on this.

The thieve is not more powerful then any other class. they just happen to have annoying skills. and you’re only complaining mainly because you can’t see them. You could make a ‘case’ that any class needs ‘addressing’

You must be joking right?

1. No other class has the ability to smash someone in 2 seconds.

2. No one stands in a AoE while stealthed OR stands still while in stealth, the likely hood of hitting said playing in stealth is zero and I have used knock back frontal cone AoE on stealthed Thiefs and they don;t knock them back when using Finish Them! on a downed player, the played, gets killed.

Besides, this is not nerfing stealth, it is simply, balancing it. I expect this kind of response from every thief currently using these tactics to win.

Thiefs are just as dangerous out of stealth as any other class, put them in stealth and they become more then any other class could hope to be.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.2318

Richard.2318

Thiefs being able to one shot people in less then 2 seconds from out of stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to stop the capping of contested points from somehow, perma stealthing – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to Finish Them! while in stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to revive people while in stealth – Needs addressing.

Thiefs being able to smash down the buff NPC’s in sPvP from getting a 30k+ crit on a opening skill and stealing the buff for thier team – Needs addressing.

Stealth should be broken by ANY action they participate in and the NPC buff in sPvP needs to be applied to the team who did the most damage overall, not last hit.

If Anet intends Thiefs to be this way, then say something, so we can all reroll Thiefs please.

Thieves are really, really, really, squishy. They need stealth and huge damage output in return to be useful.

Engineers can finish people while shrunk I believe.

Warriors can revive people while they have invulnerability on.

I honestly think you based all this on what you’ve experienced. Which tells me, you get shatted on by thieves. Try playing a thief, it’s not as easy as it looks, specially in wvw.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

2+3. I dont see why this is much of a problem, thieves are still vulnerable to aoe and most ppl aoe corpses as a rule. not something that needs addressing really.
4. I don’t play sPvP so I wont speak on this.

You must be joking right?

1. No other class has the ability to smash someone in 2 seconds.

2. No one stands in a AoE while stealthed OR stands still while in stealth, the likely hood of hitting said playing in stealth is zero and I have used knock back frontal cone AoE on stealthed Thiefs and they don;t knock them back when using Finish Them! on a downed player, the played, gets killed.

Besides, this is not nerfing stealth, it is simply, balancing it. I expect this kind of response from every thief currently using these tactics to win.

Thiefs are just as dangerous out of stealth as any other class, put them in stealth and they become more then any other class could hope to be.

I do indeed play a thief but im only 44 so im not all that strong. But speaking from experience on your 2nd point. I do indeed get hit with aoe’s knockbacks etc.. while rezzing or finishing in stealth so idk what you’re talking about.. Also you’re exaggerating the 2 second thing. But maybe not. I won’t call you a liar. and maybe that could be toned down if that is indeed the case. but they should still be able to do large amounts of damage quickly. And please dont discount mine or any other persons opinion just because they play the class.

And stealth should not be touched. Only fix any exploit if there is one to be perma stealthed.

in WvW

Posted by: Youniverse.4395

Youniverse.4395

I think it’s pretty easy. I’ll be releasing another video soon of picking off people in zergs. I’m wearing berzerker gear and it’s pretty hard to finish off a thief like this.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

I think it’s pretty easy. I’ll be releasing another video soon of picking off people in zergs. I’m wearing berzerker gear and it’s pretty hard to finish off a thief like this.

LOL thats great and as the OP can see, this guy was not ’perma’stealthed. maybe the rendering issue helped but that means they need to fix rendering not stealth. absolutely nothing was exploited, just a great thief using his class skills in the appropriate way.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Thiefs are really squishy? I am sick of hearing that bs when they can potentially kill a heavy class wearer in 2 seconds, which by the time they have reacted, dead.

If they can make 35k+ hp go away in 2 seconds, EVERY class essentially becomes squishy.

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

Taemek your falling behind. Im a stealth thief and there are some great players out there countering everything I do

Get with it mate!!

Appears theres something wrong with your build, please post gear, traits, and setup inc hp/power/vit/toughness/healing and level

Ill be glad to help you out

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Sigh, can’t edit.

No, we didn’t get kittenon, 30+ people couldn’t cap 1 single point in WvW just now due to one Thief running around in the area, in stealthing constantly one shotting people from stealthing and disappearing then running around harrasing with throw dagger while in stealth.

So unless there is a new hack/exploit out, then none of the above should be possible, according to the people above me.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Webley, feel free to let us know and of course one would think they are a great player being countered by great players. Why would anyone think negative of ones self?

I could be just bad, as could you be.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

Ok give us a video of a thief killing a heavy in 2 seconds. and it cant be like a low lvl heavy obviously. You want to make great claims then prove it.

“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”- Carl Sagan

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Whats going on with edit option?

Anyways, none of those stats/gear applies in sPvP or FFA PvP areana Webley.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperhypo.1249

Hyperhypo.1249

poor arguments for keeping thieves the way they are. Problem is, a high percentage of the community is playing this class now and will fight you tooth and nail to the bitter end defending it.

(edited by Hyperhypo.1249)

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Arcadius, feel free to look around the forums for the links you ask for, they have been linked enough.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Hyperhypo just hit the nail on the head, yet he doesn’t even know he did…….

in WvW

Hyperhypo.1249

Ok give us a video of a thief killing a heavy in 2 seconds. and it cant be like a low lvl heavy obviously. You want to make great claims then prove it.

“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”- Carl Sagan

What if it’s not a heavy, you think it’s ok to be in perma stealth and just to 1 glass canons? I don’t think that’s very good pvps.
What happens if the glass canon does not get 1 shotted and survives the initial burst, he should win right? not in this game, the thief runs/teleports/stealths away. How is that even remotely balanced?

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

apparently stealth was nerfed already
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-Undocumented-Nerf/first#post519339

I could not find the update notes that said this, however… and don’t tell me to find the links, you’re the one claiming so you have the burden of proof not me. I’ve provided links to my arguments Tae.

Hyper- I did say if indeed the damage is extraordinarily high then ok, a net should fix that, I just said that the ability to do a large amount of damage is essential to the class. And ‘perma-stealthing’ as fare as I know, is not possible and if in fact I am wrong and it is not just a rendering issue then by all means it should be fixed

in WvW

Webley.1295

Whats going on with edit option?

Anyways, none of those stats/gear applies in sPvP or FFA PvP areana Webley.

Give us your WvW stats and gear. Also your level. Thats all I play in.

I gotta say with the right tools dropping thieves is easy. A thief friend of mine is having a whale of a time dropping thieves with a pistol/pistol setup that uses no stealth in it what so ever. Just lots of acrobatics

If you can give me at least the class you play with and your preferred setup I can help you with the tactics to be better at avoiding the predictable moves back stab thiefs will try and play on you. 1 thing is very important and you should have one in your util slot anyway, and thats a stun/immobilize breaker. You can not go to WvW without one no matter what class your up against. I used to use 3.

Traps/marks and cripple/chill/slow effects are also off great use, in any scenario and even more so vs a thief

(edited by Webley.1295)

in WvW

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

What happens if the glass canon does not get 1 shotted and survives the initial burst, he should win right? not in this game, the thief runs/teleports/stealths away. How is that even remotely balanced?

This is what kinda bothers me. It is one thing to be able to stealth behind enemy lines and kill a target while risking your own life. But to be able to do that and fairly easily walk away if things aren’t going your way is a problem. I miss older thieves that either killed you or they died, I hate these newer mmo thieves that either kill you or walk away when the fight doesn’t go their way.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowstalker.9627

Shadowstalker.9627

On HoD we just had a guy from Dark affliction on the Blackgate server stay in stealth for ten minutes at titans paw untill his zerg finally rolled in. One guy stopped ten to fifteen and dropped several of them with one or two hits. Now I’m sorry, but any where I’ve played, on any other game, someone able to do that, that’s a hack. Point blank. Nobody even scratched him, nor could I even click report on him because he was gone too fast. You can defend it all you want, but it’s grade A, pure bull and we all know it even if we refuse to admit it.

in WvW

Hyperhypo.1249

Class is fine. You can either counter everything you complained about or other classes have skills that allow them to achieve the same end result. Stop being bad.

He might be playing.

Here is a serious question, if you think perma stealth thieves killing players in 1 quick rotation of a couple skills is fine, or 1 player, again a perma stealth thief, can hold a large area capture point when 10 people are trying to cap is fine, then why has a large player base become thief? it’s because it’s OP.
Anyone caught defending thief in it’s current state should be reported for trolling.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

If someone claiming that a thief is dropping people in 1-2 seconds and not being a glass cannon, then I would agree with you. While I disagree now, i am not unreasonable and can be persuaded. But you must provide proof instead of just hearsay.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Shadowstalker I was there with you and greyblue, thats why I made this post, it is totally unacceptable that one class can have all this to harrass in PvP.

With or without stealth, Thiefs are dangerous.

I reckon Anet should make see invis potions for Crafters to make, Cooks maybe?

in WvW

Taemek.1602

rofl Arcadius, serveral people are now in here and a large percentage of the communtiy have rerolled to a Thief, wonder why?

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

He might be playing.

Here is a serious question, if you think perma stealth thieves killing players in 1 quick rotation of a couple skills is fine, or 1 player, again a perma stealth thief, can hold a large area capture point when 10 people are trying to cap is fine, then why has a large player base become thief? it’s because it’s OP.
Anyone caught defending thief in it’s current state should be reported for trolling.

Nobody is saying this! If its true that thieves can perma stealth while preventing a cap and also able to drop ppl in 1-2 seconds then yes, the class needs fixing. Just show me where its been proven and Ill agree with you.

They rolled a thief because it is a fun class.

A reveal stealth potion is a good idea though.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Without time stamps, screen shots mean nothing…

See invis potions/food, k go.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

Without time stamps, screen shots mean nothing…

See invis potions/food, k go.

It’s a good idea. maybe make it a PvP only recipe bought with honor? I dont think itd be that useful in PvE

in WvW

Webley.1295

you can not hold a point in stealth. I’ve tried it using cloak and dager to chain SteAlth on the enemy trying to cap it. I never once left point and it got claimed since new patch.

please carefully test

so many bads in this thread defending false statements before they know anything

(edited by Webley.1295)

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

How about another idea. Make it so there’s a good chance of perceiving a thief who does not attack and is standing close to you. When I played LOTRO thats how it worked. That way it stops a thief from not attacking and avoiding the cooldown

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Thieves are really, really, really, squishy. They need stealth and huge damage output in return to be useful.

As a thief: This is a choice, not a general truth. Extremely squishy thieves are that way because they choose to give all defense up for offense, not because that is just how thieves are. This pretty much applies to any profession. You can say “a glass cannon warrior/elementalist/engineer is squishy so they need offense to compensate” and you’d be absolutely correct.

in WvW

Taemek.1602

Webley, I call bs, you were either not in the circle or, I dunno, not in the circle or are just flat out lying.

At the end of the day, I want to see skilled people playing Thief because it requires skill to play, not nubs who want to run around 1-2 shotting everything to death from stealth then running away in stealth from an angry hoard of players thinking they are skilled.

There is a huge difference.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

Webley, I call bs, you were either not in the circle or, I dunno, not in the circle or are just flat out lying.

At the end of the day, I want to see skilled people playing Thief because it requires skill to play, not nubs who want to run around 1-2 shotting everything to death from stealth then running away in stealth from an angry hoard of players thinking they are skilled.

There is a huge difference.

I dont think nubs could do the stuff you say. it requires an intimate understanding of the class but then again, I could be wrong

in WvW

Hyperhypo.1249

you can not hold a point in stealth. I’ve tried it using cloak and dager to chain SteAlth on the enemy trying to cap it. I never once left point and it got claimed since new patch.

please carefully test

so many bads in this thread defending false statements before they know anything

in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Thieves are so balanced that they are equally played as any other class….NOT! Every nub and his grandma is a thief. Every other class should not be forced to spec to take on a single class. Thieves keep saying its your gear, its your spec like we are ALL supposed to run out setups with only thieves in mind. Get serious. Your are so friggin op its rediculous and borderline ludicris.

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Thieves keep saying its your gear, its your spec like we are ALL supposed to run out setups with only thieves in mind.

If you’re running full glass cannon it isn’t really a thief-specific issue. Thieves are well-suited to take advantage of that fact, but any other profession will also kill you in <5 seconds if you choose a no-defense route.

in WvW

Arcadius.1247

Thieves are so balanced that they are equally played as any other class….NOT! Every nub and his grandma is a thief. Every other class should not be forced to spec to take on a single class. Thieves keep saying its your gear, its your spec like we are ALL supposed to run out setups with only thieves in mind. Get serious. Your are so friggin op its rediculous and borderline ludicris.

Play a thief… they are not so easy to play.

in WvW

Webley.1295

please carefully test

in WvW

IM talking about wvw. I tested it and the point was taken from me when I was in stealth and in the circle.do I reallly have to make amovie to prove bad players wrong