in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

15 people. The new entire zerg.

This will get thieves nerfed again.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Why do people always say ‘again’ when referring to Thief nerfs? Grats, thieves, on your buffs in that last update.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Any decent player should be able to 1v1 a thief.

People who claims otherwise have never played a thief.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I can 1v1 a thief… until the point where they are losing and begin to endlessly stealth. They then run away, return 12 seconds later with full health, and have effectively reset the fight at their convenience.

Nevermind all the mobility they have over certain professions (Heartseeker, Infiltrator’s Arrow and +Movement Speed, for example).

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow, no wonder TC is hurting right now. That’s just plain embarrassing.

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

I can 1v1 a thief… until the point where they are losing and begin to endlessly stealth. They then run away, return 12 seconds later with full health, and have effectively reset the fight at their convenience.

Unless they put a 15sec bleed on you (nope) I don’t see how that wouldn’t reset the fight for you too.

Unless you panic and mash all your cool downs as soon as you see a thief appear, I don’t see why you should have a problem with this. Cycle through them and stay moderately tanky and a thief should be no problem for you at all.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If that is an entire zerg, then it must be tier 20.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

In fairness, people often use ‘zerg’ to mean ‘a force that’s way too big for my current group’. So with a party of 5 twenty is a zerg. But with 20 forty would be… etc etc. So to 1 person fifteen would definitely count :p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How can he be invisible whole time? Looks op to me. Can’t figure out how some noob thiefs even manage lose 5 vs 1 fights.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Everything more than 8 people is a zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Hoof.1523

Hoof.1523

the only thing that needs a nerf is u most ppl cant do that even when they try hard.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Silly people thinking because someone posted a 2 minute video of him being a baller means that’s how good he is in every engagement.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Using Cloak and Dagger is really difficult, okay?

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

Thieves suck and i’m sure that’s why no one plays them at all.

Seriously I do think that being able to finish enemies while in stealth (this applies to any class) is slightly OP due to the fact that it is extremely difficult to interupt them b/c you can’t aquire a target and AoE is a joke to stop a thief from spiking while in stealth. Unless you have a stun field or fear I guess you just have to swing wildly in hopes you get a lucky hit in. Other then that thieves are just annoying…..add toughness to your builds and thieves can’t drop you with their burst and you can have a fighting chance.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

What nerfs? Have Thieves ever been seriously nerfed? They seem to be getting buffed more then anything.

The only thing getting nerfed for Thieves consistently are the GC instagib builds, and even that is just baby-nerfs. Want to see a real nerf to a burst build, look at how Anet effectively removed 100nade build for Engineers. Litteraly, gone.

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Stick with the weed my friend. Easy, natural and relaxing.

Now you wanna do heavy drugs and come to forums, this is what happens. This will nerf your reputation down, nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

The title is part of the joke, you guys took it way too serious. Was meant towards the perma stealth with cnd chaining. Got so much hate for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

The title is part of the joke, you guys took it way too serious. Was meant towards the perma stealth with cnd chaining. Got so much hate for that.

The thief hate is too much. Mainly coming from people who just suck against thieves or don’t like their mechanics.

Anyhow, regarding the video itself, I see tons of idiots getting trolled. And it was a successful troll, props for the guy who did it (you).

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Stealth should last 3 sec, -50% speed and 3 min cool down.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Khally.5103

Stealth should last 3 sec, -50% speed and 3 min cool down.

Troll or just complete blank on thieves? O.o

I think you shouldn’t be able to swap attunements then. And no boots, for that matter.

in WvW

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Unless they put a 15sec bleed on you (nope) I don’t see how that wouldn’t reset the fight for you too.

Unless you panic and mash all your cool downs as soon as you see a thief appear, I don’t see why you should have a problem with this. Cycle through them and stay moderately tanky and a thief should be no problem for you at all.

Oh, I never said that I lose as a result. Noone wins. It sucks. Stealth sucks. Thief sucks. /grumpy >:3

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont really get why people complain about the stealth in the video. Just look at the damage!

Its WAY too low for a thief, he has clearly sacrificed everything to get that kind of stealth. He’s not insta-killing the enemy players, he’s not AoEing everything on the screen. Something is very, very wrong with his build. How could the commander even survive the initial hit without cheating, did he have like 5000 toughness??!!?

Thief need a buff and the video shows it very well.

in WvW

Khally.5103

I dont really get why people complain about the stealth in the video. Just look at the damage!

Its WAY too low for a thief, he has clearly sacrificed everything to get that kind of stealth. He’s not insta-killing the enemy players, he’s not AoEing everything on the screen. Something is very, very wrong with his build. How could the commander even survive the initial hit without cheating, did he have like 5000 toughness??!!?

Don’t go for extremes either, such as saying thieves need a buff. I don’t think they do, the class is very balanced as it is. People just hate the stealth and that’s that. They don’t care if a thief doesn’t do any damage at all, as that’s not the point many are trying to get across.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if you read his description he is one of the 1% thiefs that do TOUGHNESS builds wich is why he barely took damage as well. and he did Not sacrifice anything for stealth his build has 110% crit damage as well as almost 3k attack.

if anything we’ll see everyone running thiefs now.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Ahh, thieves. It’s like ANet looked at every balancing mechanic present in other games for stealth classes and was like, “… Maybe we should use some of these… Nah.”

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

Ahh, thieves. It’s like ANet looked at every balancing mechanic present in other games for stealth classes and was like, “… Maybe we should use some of these… Nah.”

This^ so much truth

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Thieves will already be getting a WvW “nerf” with the next patch in a few days that will introduce Anti-Stealth Field traps that can be used in WvW. Don’t be such a glass cannon and they won’t spike you…if you can’t find them in stealth, carry some AOE around with you and use it where you think they are, all classes have it, some just better than others. No class is “best” in this game right now, I suggest playing each class to actually have a grasp on how to fight that class.

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Nevermind all the mobility they have over certain professions (Heartseeker, Infiltrator’s Arrow and +Movement Speed, for example).

LOL. I don’t run a burst thief and I use stealth almost exclusively for defense. Every time I use stealth to reset the fight my enemy does the same, so I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong if you can’t. I find it amusing how so many players seem to equate being annoying with being overpowered. The thief who ran away so you couldn’t kill him is the same thief who didn’t kill you.

Besides, all that mobility is exactly why I play a thief … and the things I sacrifice to get it are not so surprisingly why I need it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

I see bad people…

in WvW

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

LOL. I don’t run a burst thief and I use stealth almost exclusively for defense. Every time I use stealth to reset the fight my enemy does the same, so I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong if you can’t. I find it amusing how so many players seem to equate being annoying with being overpowered. The thief who ran away so you couldn’t kill him is the same thief who didn’t kill you.

Besides, all that mobility is exactly why I play a thief … and the things I sacrifice to get it are not so surprisingly why I need it.

Thief and mesmer are the only two professions with access to stealth, so that isn’t always a proper defense. Stealth doesn’t always break combat mode, either; distance from your target does.

And once again, for whatever reason the facts above are funny (“LOL”; huh?), I never said I had a problem surviving a 1v1 encounter with a thief of any sort. The good ones are very good at stalemating. If they aren’t, they stealth, escape, and reset. Rinse, repeat.

Bottom line? Stealth needs counters. It’s a boon that isn’t stripped by boon-stripping skills. Cool trick.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

As The Golden Chile Class, Any video showing their Grandiosity Stealth in action, is Wonderful. They will continue To Get Away with Everything; and that’s Perfectly Perfect in the eyes of their Beloved designers and devs.

Yet the thiefs point finger at Warrior and say Warrior is The Golden Chile

Than..

Post a video where a War “Golden Child” fighting 15 people in a zerg and able to Escape at ease.

Post a video where a War “Golden Child” walking in a 1-15 people in a zerg un-touched/unseen for a long period of time?

So maybe than,

many will Believe you that they are.

Obviously,

You will Never find one such video.

Only one who you will find and can do all of these at ease is The 1 And Only Golden Child Class- The Thief.

I encourage anyone to disagree with me.

This will help to see things clearer.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

This.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I actually like fighting stealthy characters. I feel like i’m fighting off an assassination attempt by a ninja. Especially those thieves who only come out of stealth to attack. I don’t want to see thieves nerfed because they give me some of the more interesting fights as a solo roamer. Thieves, in general, seem more likely to engage me in combat without a zerg backing them up. I believe that’s because they’re able to reset a fight over and over until it’s in their favor. I don’t mind that though as long as they deliver on an epic 1v1 experience.

Super stealthy thief I ran into while roaming. Didn’t know it was possible to stealth quite so much.

(edited by Hot Boy.7138)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

The funny part is how many people think the thread was serious because a thief can CnD on a semi afk zerker build in the middle of 10 players.

I don’t think even half of the responses here realize he couldn’t do a single attack except for CnD or else 3s reveal would get him instantly killed.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

The funny part is how many people think the thread was serious because a thief can CnD on a semi afk zerker build in the middle of 10 players.

I don’t think even half of the responses here realize he couldn’t do a single attack except for CnD or else 3s reveal would get him instantly killed.

doesnt mean its inefective tho since it hits for 5k damage easily. and initiative system = no cooldown.

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Yeah, if the ele was paying attention or knew what she was doing (kinda giving TC some credit), i’m sure they could have dealt with that thief.

If you look his stream, he has a video of him on his engineer beating two thieves 1v2, what is he doing that a group can’t do?

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

How can he be invisible whole time? Looks op to me. Can’t figure out how some noob thiefs even manage lose 5 vs 1 fights.

It’s unfortunate no one has answered this yet. The trick is that the revealed debuff is only applied if you attack out of stealth.

What that guy was doing was really solid gameplay. He was using shadowsteps and evasion to back out, then kiting in wobbly figure-8 patterns around, timing his backstab to go off the moment he lost stealth.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

10-12 people a zerg does not make.

Secondly, why would this earn a nerf? This is exactly what the thief was designed for, 1v1’s. Aside from being a terrible annoyance to this so called zerg, what benefit was this thief to the rest of his server at this time? None whatsoever, that’s what. No points were earned, no caps taken or stopped from being taken. And that moment when his burst was exhausted, stealth skills were on cooldown, and he was crying for stealth should have been when that “zerg” turned and nailed him with snares, AoE, and a solid pummeling. It would have been a done deal. But they were equally as bad as their Commander, because whether 1, 2, or 10+, you DO NOT run from a thief. First of all, you can’t outrun them, and many thief skills do almost double damage from behind.

So he got one really poor Commander to soil themselves a little bit. Still, nothing overall gained for the good of the server.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Lol and the two classes you have played are thief and elementalist, (D/D ele i bet my balls),

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: Einzelganger.4152

Einzelganger.4152

Koroshi,
I am a thief as well and what you are doing is nothing special at all. I hope you can stay in stealth around a handful of players that are not using cc skills on you. The more bodies available to the thief to use cloak and dagger on, the better the chances of staying in stealth. Remember you can see them and they cant see you, and you killed nobody.
Do thieves need to be nerfed because of your lack of being able to kill anyone in a mini group one by one?
Are you new to the thief profession? Try killing 3 ‘true 80’ glass cannon or high crit thieves at once and then come post. Or better yet try taking on 5 ‘true 80’ bunker guardians at once and killing one or if you are lucky two. Keep in mind duel rules apply.
Don’t act like what you are doing is something special or needs to be nerfed, because again, you did not pick off and kill members of a mini group. You merely harassed them. Which are the fundamentals of the thief profession. Come back with something worthy of the nerfing of thieves.
I watched your video thinking something really cool would occur. Yet you showcased how cloak and dagger works?

(edited by Einzelganger.4152)

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Lol and the two classes you have played are thief and elementalist, (D/D ele i bet my balls),

What he said was true. Want to lose the fear of thieves? Play one and learn the mechanics of it. They’re not that scary. Not to mention thief on thief fights are easily some of the most fun battles you’ll ever find in WvW. This particular thief in the vid was even pretty tanky at that. As far as thieves go anyway.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

What he said was true. Want to lose the fear of thieves? Play one and learn the mechanics of it. They’re not that scary. Not to mention thief on thief fights are easily some of the most fun battles you’ll ever find in WvW. This particular thief in the vid was even pretty tanky at that. As far as thieves go anyway.

Surely you didn’t play another class otherwise you would know that fighting against a thief is boring as hell,

50% he’s invisible, the rest of the time hitting you like a truck pressing one key,

And if you start winning he just run away,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Lol, love the face cam

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

face cam of the year

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

All you guys with your thieves and guardians and elementalists. I play a glass cannon necromancer in WvW… yeah that’s right, my balls are massive.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

That face cam. Glorious!

Interesting tactics, annoying a commander so much they just quit. Why nobody knocked you out of Shadow Refuge at all is beyond me though.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Notice how no one was killed. Notice how little CC was used. Not impressive at all.

Nerf thieves? Please. They’ve been nerfed into the ground. It’s a burst class which can’t even burst as hard as other classes. I can beat a thief on all of my characters. How? Because I know thieves. I practiced as one and against them.

Quit acting like stealth = thief is unvuln.

Learn how they generally behave. Thieves are one trick ponies (that trick being dependent on their weapon set). Learn to counter that trick.

Use CC.

Do that and thieves wont be any issue for you.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I only see a lot of people that don’t know thief mechanics get trolled by 1 good s/d thief here. However, I do agree chaining cnd is imbalanced in wvw. IMO you should get revealed debuff 1.5s at the end of a stealth, even if you have not attacked anything(normal 3s, if you attack).