Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Had a blast running with BT. Hope you guys are enjoying your stay on Blackgate!

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

Has anyone seen any speed hacks lately? A mesmer in GOF was able to outrun my ranger while I had signet of the hunt active. They were not running staff and would warp about 10 yards forward every 2 or 3 seconds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Has anyone seen any speed hacks lately? A mesmer in GOF was able to outrun my ranger while I had signet of the hunt active. They were not running staff and would warp about 10 yards forward every 2 or 3 seconds.

There’s as many today as there were 6 months ago, if not more.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

From the asura on fire :P

<3

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

A 6.5 earthquake hit central Taiwan about 1-2 hours ago. Let’s keep the Taiwanese folks like SSQ, Waha et al in our thoughts and prayers. Take care guys.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

If anyone knows about speed hacks, it’s got to be the gw2 records webmaster.

That said, what you’re describing sounds an awful lot like a traited phase retreat combined with blink. Are you sure the mesmer wasn’t running staff as an alternate weapon set? Seems like too much of a coincidence that he happened to be a mesmer escaping from you while using a hack that looks exactly like how mesmers escape.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: syNc.5840

syNc.5840

A 6.5 earthquake hit central Taiwan about 1-2 hours ago. Let’s keep the Taiwanese folks like SSQ, Waha et al in our thoughts and prayers. Take care guys.

FW

Lets hope Waha & ATM+FOO folks are alright as well

Lord Commander
[GC] Golden Company X I I I // www.gcxiii.com
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

There was an earthquake several hours before in the Philippines as well. So for all players there and in Taiwan I hope you, your friends and family are all ok. Take care and stay safe.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Do you have screenshots and/or video of this alleged hacker? GoF does not permit nor condone the usage of any sort of third party software that puts us at any sort of advantage. If this statement is true, I would personally see to them simultaneously getting kicked from the guild and banned from the game.

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

We understand if you do not wish to be embarrassed.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being ‘embarrassed’. It has everything to do with we like fighting in situations where we need the situational awareness. GvG is sort of a waste of time, because all it does is gauge e-peeeen, and luck, and really not much of the ‘skill’ aspect as to wtf to do when you have one zerg to your right, and another to your left. What do you do? Where do you go? Where should the CC’s be placed?? (type of thing) It just doesn’t offer that adrenaline rush that we crave.

As far as our ‘huge zerg’ is concerned, from our PoV you guys look like a massive zerg too. We enjoy running with our guild group, and cannot help it if militia tend to gravitate towards our commander – We just appreciate that they actually listen to our commander on TS and do exactly what we ask them to do and when. Having a competent militia following is most welcome, and I’m sure you would agree. Being the new kids on the block, it also gives us a chance to get to know the other guilds and people that we will be working with, as well as getting to know who has the good scouting calls, etc. Last night – we had roughly only 20-30 BT following our commander.

Hope you understand!

The fights have definitely been incredible, regardless! Keep em coming!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score update!

Fun times on JQ BL! Keep it up my darlings! Always a pleasure snuggling you all :P

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

And let us be honest – should any of us be matched up against any of the other servers then we would certainly all be bored for 7 days. Who wants that?

I guarantee you, JQ, SOR and BG would love to see DB soon. Based on their present faceroll in T3, it’s bound to happen this coming reset.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

It has absolutely nothing to do with being ‘embarrassed’. It has everything to do with we like fighting in situations where we need the situational awareness. GvG is sort of a waste of time, because all it does is gauge e-peeeen, and luck, and really not much of the ‘skill’ aspect as to wtf to do when you have one zerg to your right, and another to your left. What do you do? Where do you go? Where should the CC’s be placed?? (type of thing) It just doesn’t offer that adrenaline rush that we crave.

As far as our ‘huge zerg’ is concerned, from our PoV you guys look like a massive zerg too. We enjoy running with our guild group, and cannot help it if militia tend to gravitate towards our commander – We just appreciate that they actually listen to our commander on TS and do exactly what we ask them to do and when. Having a competent militia following is most welcome, and I’m sure you would agree. Being the new kids on the block, it also gives us a chance to get to know the other guilds and people that we will be working with, as well as getting to know who has the good scouting calls, etc. Last night – we had roughly only 20-30 BT following our commander.

Hope you understand!

I agree with this poster in that. GvG is kinda boring. Sorta like dueling. Our guild has never gotten into that. We don’t really like to zerg, we enjoy small scale fights and tactics. sometimes randoms join and we ended up running 15-20. Just the nature of the “pin”. (Sometimes you have to zerg and not saying we NEVER zerg). Sometimes we run from big groups and sometimes we are like “nope – not running” and we go out swinging. Just the nature of the game. Nobody in our guild minds dying on the battle field. Rez up and go again. Yes we turn into bags. Often I might add. We also get far more bags then we give up.

I will say. If you constantly run 30-40+ people. You never develop any sort of small scale skill. You are used to just bull rushing people and killing them as they run as a result you end up less skilled as a whole. (Not pointing fingers at any one guild)

I noticed last night, that certain guilds expected JQ folks to run, when they stood the ground. The guilds from the other server got wiped time and time again. Was really embarrassing for them. In-spite of constantly having superior numbers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Score Update:

Blackgate in last place……..

Attachments:

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I… feel kinda bad for other tiers. Our matchup (for the moment) is still so close. It’s great

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

Whats going on this morning seems like sor and jq are just trading sm back and forth for wxp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

BG usually doesn’t make their push until mid week anyways.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I… feel kinda bad for other tiers. Our matchup (for the moment) is still so close. It’s great

I dunno what Anet was thinking with this new matchup system.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Great fights Everyone! Be thankful that our fights are so close!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HygwB81iGo

Attachments:

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

(edited by Zen.8497)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

CuddleStrike….. Thanks for the hugs at JGBL Bay a few hours ago! Though I wasn’t expecting them to come in the form of an asura guardian charging out, being extremely annoying against 5+ then calmly returning to the keep multiple times. At least you only hugged when I wasn’t transformed

/salute

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike….. Thanks for the hugs at JGBL Bay a few hours ago! Though I wasn’t expecting them to come in the form of an asura guardian charging out, being extremely annoying against 5+ then calmly returning to the keep multiple times. At least you only hugged when I wasn’t transformed

/salute

=D That was super fun! My friend and I (the other asura warrior) were having so much fun! Was great fighting! I looooove small little battles where it goes back and forth like that! And I really enjoy my guardian! I assume you were the griffin that I went jumping over to! Then the others attacked us again

p.s.

I’m always willing to snuggle fiercely!
<3

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I dunno what Anet was thinking with this new matchup system.

Next week’s matchup: JQ-SoS-SBI. Okay, let’s hope that never happens, but with anet…

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Hope you understand!

This is why I offer any form of GvG in a room in the mists away from WvW. My team was a top 20 team in the world at one point in GW1 and have dealt with the elitism that may happen on a roster. Bringing that to the table to my precious WvW crowd would quite possibly open up a pandora’s box of hate. That way I can leave the more hardcore players in a corner and if they/we fail, then we fail in our little failbox. I know I personally had “rage issues” when we were that competitive, I don’t want to do that again to my roster and I’m sure the ones that used to be around from those days would agree that they don’t want GW1 Jed back.

Aaanyway, back to the world of WvW. Reset night on SoR BL was pretty fun, I haven’t been on really all to much since, but I’m hearing a lot of good fights out there. Keep it up ladies n gents.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Meurto.8520

That said, what you’re describing sounds an awful lot like a traited phase retreat combined with blink. Are you sure the mesmer wasn’t running staff as an alternate weapon set? Seems like too much of a coincidence that he happened to be a mesmer escaping from you while using a hack that looks exactly like how mesmers escape.

I play a mesmer as well so I am familiar with the combination you described and I know what that looks like. This mesmer was warping on screen much quicker than phase retreat would have been available and certainly much more often than blink would be off cooldown. I wish I would have recorded it, but it looked similar to some of the speedhacks from early on where people would warp around almost like a slide show where you would get a glimpse of them every second or two.

in Match-ups

Meurto.8520

Do you have screenshots and/or video of this alleged hacker? GoF does not permit nor condone the usage of any sort of third party software that puts us at any sort of advantage. If this statement is true, I would personally see to them simultaneously getting kicked from the guild and banned from the game.

No, unfortunately I did not have any video and they were out of range for any screenshot to identify them. I tried to invite them to group to get an ID, but they were already grouped. They were a female human mesmer with short black hair and that creep mesmer smiley face starter mask. I will keep an eye out and try to provide some screenshots if I see them up close. Just to be clear I was not implying GoF are hackers as a whole, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lovelycoco.1932

Lovelycoco.1932

Dear Fellows, Thank you for keeping us in mind in the natural disaster happened in Taiwan, Most of our members in ATM, and our real life friends and families are safe and fine! We can’t be more thankful knowing you guys are thinking of us in such tragedy. We really appreciate it

The only effect would be our internet connection being slightly affected. but no worries, we will still be fighting with you guys! and against some of you!
Hope you see u guys in game!

by
a rep from ATM

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Dear Fellows, Thank you for keeping us in mind in the natural disaster happened in Taiwan, Most of our members in ATM, and our real life friends and families are safe and fine! We can’t be more thankful knowing you guys are thinking of us in such tragedy. We really appreciate it

The only effect would be our internet connection being slightly affected. but no worries, we will still be fighting with you guys! and against some of you!
Hope you see u guys in game!

by
a rep from ATM

Very glad you’re all okay

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m not really sure how to interpret this o.o

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

why hasn’t anyone put down rat traps yet to catch that little love asuran just look at that face thing has rabies for sure

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

why hasn’t anyone put down rat traps yet to catch that little love asuran just look at that face thing has rabies for sure

Can’t trap the LOVE asuras and friends!
We are everywhere.

Try and catch us….

p.s.

My asura is creeply adorable! Thank you very much! And she is perfectly healthy!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

Nice to see BG and SoR getting along so well… (also score update)

Attachments:

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

(edited by zach.1952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

The race for 2nd is tight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Nice to see BG and SoR getting along so well… (also score update)

…Picture is unrelated?

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

doesnt BG run with less than 50 people atall

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

WVW Protip: Fully Upgraded Hills is more important to defend than a paper bay.

I agree with this point.

Need that many to get through all the freeking arrowcarts >.<

Get through the first wave of arrowcarts – and then push forward a bit and have to get through the next wave of arrowcarts – at the end of it all we may have 10 people standing to take out said arrowcarts.

Arrowcarts to the FACE! QQ

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ConradR.6940

ConradR.6940

It’s my birthday and I’m still drunk hahahah! GO SOR!

[ONE] Rabbitz http://fightasone.enjin.com/
“the cutest thief on FA”

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I agree with this point.

Get through the first wave of arrowcarts – and then push forward a bit and have to get through the next wave of arrowcarts – at the end of it all we may have 10 people standing to take out said arrowcarts.

trust me, i hate arrow carts way more than you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I agree with this point.

Were you one of the BT at hills desperately trying to defend ( heard there were a few BT there)…. you should know that BG had easily a full map qeue in JQ BL being lured around that paper bay.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

If you are the cutest thief you must be an Asura. If you are not the signature is invalid!

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tidbit.9352

Tidbit.9352

Someone said it was raining upstairs.

So I had to check it out.

Hey what do you know it was raining.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If you are the cutest thief you must be an Asura. If you are not the signature is invalid!

He is in fact an Asura, in a bunny suit..

Named Rabbitz :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Someone said it was raining upstairs.

So I had to check it out.

Hey what do you know it was raining.

Wow, that is silly.

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I agree with this point.

Were you one of the BT at hills desperately trying to defend ( heard there were a few BT there)…. you should know that BG had easily a full map qeue in JQ BL being lured around that paper bay.

I was on TS while they were trying to defend, but I can’t WvW during the day because I get tons of kid aggro, so unfortunately I was unable to be there to defend. My 7 year old was giggling on my lap while hitting my spacebar while running around in Southsun =\

Had I been in WvW – I would have been at fully upgraded Hills.

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Waitaminute. Did I just read a post from someone who plays on SoR questioning the size of BG’s zergs?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

that is just an insane amount of acs anet really need to nerf them

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Waitaminute. Did I just read a post from someone who plays on SoR questioning the size of BG’s zergs?

Don’t forget main WvW forum rule, enemy always have a group/zerg/blob/megablob at least 2 times greater than yours

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Don’t forget main WvW forum rule, enemy always have a group/zerg/blob/megablob at least 2 times greater than yours

Yep no doubt about that. In retrospect, it’s also possible that he’s a havoc style player, likes small encounters and really doesn’t pay attention to what his server’s zerg is doing nor the size of it. Anyhoo, the question just struck me as odd given typical circumstances.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Yeah. I witnessed similar circumstances in SoR occupied BG Garri late last night/early this morning. I think we counted 8 ACs up on the top floor, to go along with 2 Trebs, a Cata, and however many ACs there were at the two inner gates and on the Lord’s room floor.

Anet really needs to consider capping the number of ACs that can be built within a certain distance of each other. It’s actually forcing us to create even larger zergs just to counter the ACs, defeating what I believe to be the purpose of buffing AC damage in the first place (reduce zerg size and alleviate skill lag to a degree).

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Yeah. I witnessed similar circumstances in SoR occupied BG Garri late last night/early this morning. I think we counted 8 ACs up on the top floor, to go along with 2 Trebs, a Cata, and however many ACs there were at the two inner gates and on the Lord’s room floor.

Anet really needs to consider capping the number of ACs that can be built within a certain distance of each other. It’s actually forcing us to create even larger zergs just to counter the ACs, defeating what I believe to be the purpose of buffing AC damage in the first place (reduce zerg size and alleviate skill lag to a degree).

I wish I had a gold for every time JQ or BG hide behind arrow carts.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

I wish I had a gold for every time JQ or BG hide behind arrow carts.

Throw SoR in there and we all can be rich. I wasn’t pointing fingers. It’s the current meta, and all sides are doing it.

[KnT] – Blackgate