Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

After looking at the Maps for the first time today I’m now thinking, why? Why are JQ and BG attacking each other?

Maybe it’s just me but, this week should be a full on 2 v 1 against SoR. They have been literally, asking for it! Let’s bring it!!!!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

After looking at the Maps for the first time today I’m now thinking, why? Why are JQ and BG attacking each other?

Maybe it’s just me but, this week should be a full on 2 v 1 against SoR. They have been literally, asking for it! Let’s bring it!!!!!!

Agreed!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

When people say things like this

GvG’s are the ultimate test of skill in my opinion.

it really makes me laugh. There is very little skill involved in GvG and WvW. As fights become larger in scale, skill becomes less important and coordination becomes more important, simply because the impact that a single player has on a fight becomes less significant. Following a really good commander in a pack, like a herd of sheep, doing what he says, when he says, and winning fights as a result doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means you’re coordinated.

I don’t know I think you are wrong here. 1 person can make a huge impact on the outcome of a large battle. A key stun, water field, banner, or even fear can be the difference between a win or a loss. Hell even a quick stomp can change the outcome of a battle if it means a rally for several downed allies. Player skill has a huge impact on the field of battle. A commander can ask for things, but it is up to the people following him to know how, when and where to place for maximum impact.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

When people say things like this

GvG’s are the ultimate test of skill in my opinion.

it really makes me laugh. There is very little skill involved in GvG and WvW. As fights become larger in scale, skill becomes less important and coordination becomes more important, simply because the impact that a single player has on a fight becomes less significant. Following a really good commander in a pack, like a herd of sheep, doing what he says, when he says, and winning fights as a result doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means you’re coordinated.

I don’t know I think you are wrong here. 1 person can make a huge impact on the outcome of a large battle. A key stun, water field, banner, or even fear can be the difference between a win or a loss. Hell even a quick stomp can change the outcome of a battle if it means a rally for several downed allies. Player skill has a huge impact on the field of battle. A commander can ask for things, but it is up to the people following him to know how, when and where to place for maximum impact.

Simple math dictates that as the amount of players involved increases the amount of control each player can exert over the battle decreases. You may argue that if one player is extraordinarily skilled, they may exert more control than other players, but put 25 players who are all extraordinarily skilled against themselves, and they can do no more than 25 people who are completely new to the game. GvG, and indeed any large scale format, will almost never yield results that directly correlate with individual skill, provided you have players that are at least fairly close to each other.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

GvG is too debatable and subjective. Don’t think its going anywhere but we just have to respect the interests of individual players/guilds.

People still carry on hosting their GvG and others carry on their daily WvW. People do what they like and what interests them so…

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Good fights in EB tonight thanks for the bags BG.

Attachments:

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Match-ups

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Should have seen my collection from Valley.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I got ~40 from manning those trebs in BG garri yesterday. Never had so much fun on siege ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

I got ~40 from manning those trebs in BG garri yesterday. Never had so much fun on siege ^^

I was there on an OP supe AC. It was fun farming for a while then reality set in about how AC’s need to be rebalanced.

Minion

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Huge shoutout to the fighters on all sides who played EB this afternoon. THAT is how WvW should be done, and well done from all commanders for making that happen. Have to tip my hat big time to BG side, you guys had an EPIC showdown on your keep, and no matter how hard we tried to topple your last holdout, you shut us down and kept on point. Was only a matter of time before JQ got ADD and hit us, you held out till that happened.

As to the GvG chatter, my statement was my opinion. Guess what, everyone has one. Why do you care about mine? My team trains for WvW, not GvG. Our builds and strategies are intended to fight all kinds of fights, terrain, enemies, and most importantly keep offense/defense. GvG is specifically for fighting another guild in an open field somewhere, which while we love the clashes we get while fighting some enemies, we have been known to (more than once) feign a hit on an enemy to instead blitz around and wipe their siege (or take a point).

That is in essence why we play. TSYM is focused on WvW, and the randomness, craziness, imbalancedness, madness that is an average afternoon in there. You can pipe on about skill all you want, but you know what WvW skill is? Ask the JQ commander how, with the weakest field presence of all the servers on EB, he was able to keep not only SM, but dominated PPT on the map the whole time!

THAT was skill. He didn’t own anyone off the map, he didn’t stand strong in front of the enemy army, he played smart, tactical, and careful. As a result, he did his server proud by building a strong PPT.

Once again, my opinion. If you disagree with it that is your prerogative. My gauge of skill is different than yours. Perhaps instead of retaliating with a counter to my opinion, you should ask yourself why it bothers you so much?

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irish Cowboy.4153

Irish Cowboy.4153

Watching is different from participation, you should know that preparing a gvg requires time and effort to get to form your team. Need everyone to be traited properly and geared properly. Thats where all the theory crafting comes in, some people love to experiment build synergies but this will take a lot of time to test.

For [TW] at least, we kinda just show up for the GvG’s with what we have online and skip all the technical schizzle bizzle. But that is how Indo developed TW to be.

I find that hard to believe considering Indo’s history. And when he played on JQ, he was literally JQ’s first commander pin and was considered to be one of the best strategists by the community at large back then. I call BS if you are saying you guys just “show up” for GvGs.

No. It’s true. I just joined TWL last month and have been able to participate in a couple of GvG’s last week. The only preperation I had to do is switch from Signet of Rage to Banner as my elite and I don’t even use the banner in the GvG. TW just rolls with whomever is on at the time, which is why you’ll see members of TWL in the group sometimes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Huge shoutout to the fighters on all sides who played EB this afternoon. THAT is how WvW should be done, and well done from all commanders for making that happen. Have to tip my hat big time to BG side, you guys had an EPIC showdown on your keep, and no matter how hard we tried to topple your last holdout, you shut us down and kept on point. Was only a matter of time before JQ got ADD and hit us, you held out till that happened.

As to the GvG chatter, my statement was my opinion. Guess what, everyone has one. Why do you care about mine? My team trains for WvW, not GvG. Our builds and strategies are intended to fight all kinds of fights, terrain, enemies, and most importantly keep offense/defense. GvG is specifically for fighting another guild in an open field somewhere, which while we love the clashes we get while fighting some enemies, we have been known to (more than once) feign a hit on an enemy to instead blitz around and wipe their siege (or take a point).

That is in essence why we play. TSYM is focused on WvW, and the randomness, craziness, imbalancedness, madness that is an average afternoon in there. You can pipe on about skill all you want, but you know what WvW skill is? Ask the JQ commander how, with the weakest field presence of all the servers on EB, he was able to keep not only SM, but dominated PPT on the map the whole time!

THAT was skill. He didn’t own anyone off the map, he didn’t stand strong in front of the enemy army, he played smart, tactical, and careful. As a result, he did his server proud by building a strong PPT.

Once again, my opinion. If you disagree with it that is your prerogative. My gauge of skill is different than yours. Perhaps instead of retaliating with a counter to my opinion, you should ask yourself why it bothers you so much?

Well said Coron. Btw if you referring to Reset night the JQ commander for first 3 hrs was myself then Wok took over after me to keep everything locked down. We had a blast in EB fighting you guys and KnT.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: snownow.9352

snownow.9352

I am also very confused.
our guild fought on BG bl last night, we got outmanned for almost night.

We tried to annoying BG, attacked woodhaven or into their garri when they fought with JQ.

But JQ and BG just fought together, they ignore us.

When BG’s garri was took by JQ, BG just keep attacked JQ, still forget we’re here….
In the confusion 3 way fought on garri, we got the garri and still don’t know why…0_0

[Hi] Ni Hao My Friend ~Sanctum of Rall~
ele : Snownow | mes : Neally Snow | necro : Sherry Snow | guard : Snow Guru
=my english is poor, if I said something wrong or impolite, tell me plz, I’ll learn.=

(edited by snownow.9352)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

That Blob of Red was one of the largest single zergs I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. BG is not dead. VIVA Pot!

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

So I got back from a backpacking trip and log in to see SoR is red and we’re fighting BG and JQ again. Huge disappointment. No hate against those servers, but some of the best guilds that really challenge you are on lower tiered servers and it’d be nice to fight them for once rather than the same enemies for 3 months straight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

I have a lot of fun fighting JQ on BGBL tonight from bay to our spawn tower. That was some great open field fighting that I hadn’t experienced in awhile.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

That Blob of Red was one of the largest single zergs I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. BG is not dead. VIVA Pot!

And here was your response.

Attachments:

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeocen.9850

zeocen.9850

Meanwhile SoR blobbing Woodhaven with significant numbers that surpassed ours, it still wasn’t enough. They had to zoom hack and take our the ACs from the Woodhaven lords room, god forbid we play fairly for once.

:(

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

So I got back from a backpacking trip and log in to see SoR is red and we’re fighting BG and JQ again. Huge disappointment. No hate against those servers, but some of the best guilds that really challenge you are on lower tiered servers and it’d be nice to fight them for once rather than the same enemies for 3 months straight.

Yeah I’m sure those lower tier servers would really enjoy that.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paxi.1386

Paxi.1386

I was commanding in BG BL tonight thank you SoR for the bags and the fun. Couple of sketchy things happened tonight though, but instead of starting a flame war i’m gonna post a screenie and just pray that you guys swallow your hippocracy……… Actually on second that, flame away I get my kicks at work from this page, I have watercooler conversations with my friends about how silly some of you are they would be disappointed if I didn’t bring something to that conversation so please by all means keep on going.

Attachments:

Maestro W – 80 Warrior
Maestro – 80 Mesmer
Dragonriders [DR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

I play on the SoR server and I agree also! I remember SoR, and SoS doing this to BG way back when. So bring it on! I did notice tonight that JQ and BG attacked Stonemist at the same time. So the plan is already in action. I’m looking forward to more great fights!

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

You know…. you can build AC infront of tower to shoot pass little gap above gate to skill siege inside, right ?

Edited

(edited by muekung.2518)

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Meanwhile SoR blobbing Woodhaven with significant numbers that surpassed ours, it still wasn’t enough. They had to zoom hack and take our the ACs from the Woodhaven lords room, god forbid we play fairly for once.

You know…. you can build AC infront of tower to shoot pass little gap above gate to skill siege inside, right ?

Can the increased range on AC mastery reach the Lord’s room? Cause that’s where the siege was that was getting hit. And if so, that is broken. You should not be able to hit the Lord’s room with an AC on the gate.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Can the increased range on AC mastery reach the Lord’s room? Cause that’s where the siege was that was getting hit. And if so, that is broken. You should not be able to hit the Lord’s room with an AC on the gate.

Yes, The person on AC have increase radius + Range…. i hope Anet nerf that soon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Yes. with the new ac range point reward thing you can hit some pretty incredible distances. just because there’s something you’ve never seen before doesn’t mean it’s a hack or cheat.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zeocen.9850

zeocen.9850

It’s entirely my mistake if there were ACs that could shoot through – I know that’s possible. I just didn’t see any there and looked all over when our two ACs fell to try find anywhere that would find a legitimate spot to take them down.

I think we’re all in agreement that we’d probably enjoy fresh competition, that’s for sure.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

Map tactics is our thing. We did however GvG TW and choo. We thought we may not see each other again for a while and did it out of respect for them and their server. We also learned heaps from it so it was worth it. That is the area we feel we have left to grow in. I was shadowing another commander helping out in EB on Saturday when I noticed you and your guild hit WC extremely fast after contesting our keep wp. Then saw all of TSYM sit in WC so the same tactics could not be used from the night before. Great job in adapting on your behalf

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Map tactics is our thing. We did however GvG TW and choo. We thought we may not see each other again for a while and did it out of respect for them and their server. We also learned heaps from it so it was worth it. That is the area we feel we have left to grow in. I was shadowing another commander helping out in EB on Saturday when I noticed you and your guild hit WC extremely fast after contesting our keep wp. Then saw all of TSYM sit in WC so the same tactics could not be used from the night before. Great job in adapting on your behalf

Thanks, we try! Look forward to facing off against you guys in the coming days. Got to be honest, might have been nice to fight some new competition, but you cant beat the classics.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in Match-ups

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

I have a lot of fun fighting JQ on BGBL tonight from bay to our spawn tower. That was some great open field fighting that I hadn’t experienced in awhile.

Agreed! That will be the most fun I will have in WvW this week most likely!

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

@Cover Girl

Explain this one

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

@Cover Girl

Explain this one

We just felt like having a fun golem rush at all the keeps. Props to JQ to stopping us after we steam rolled through various garrisons the BG Keep and EB. Was fun!

Minion

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

We just felt like having a fun golem rush at all the keeps. Props to JQ to stopping us after we steam rolled through various garrisons the BG Keep and EB. Was fun!

Not much we can do while outmanned on 3 borderlands but good work nevertheless

in Match-ups

DeWolfe.2174

I play on the SoR server and I agree also! I remember SoR, and SoS doing this to BG way back when. So bring it on! I did notice tonight that JQ and BG attacked Stonemist at the same time. So the plan is already in action. I’m looking forward to more great fights!

I truly wish we were that bright and coordinated. That attack on SM actually wasn’t planned We just went after the next logical target. While on the south inner gate I noticed a Tailgate scout sitting on the outer wall. They were just waiting to try and back door us that’s all.

Speaking of the SM battle, I had a lot of fun annoying OL afterwards I was the staff Ele annoying the heck out of your trebber’s. I honestly couldn’t get more than one person to leave BG alone and help deal with all your treb’s.

Hopefully, as the week goes some of us will wise up

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

DeWolfe.2174

Oxide, I’ve had this hacking cough the past couple of weeks. I’ve heard it’s going around. Can’t seem to place the exact cause of it.. Though I fear something might be seriously wrong.

:)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

I’d like to see Arrow Carts to their original state. Could care less about anything else that’s happened. That change alone has made WvWvW more about flash building AC’s and holding ground than actually fighting.

Good fights all around this weekend. As for the new matchup, not new, just the same old same old for some…. Disappointing but maybe one day ANet will figure out that what keeps people around is WvWvW and not PvE content that gets beat easily in 30 mins post patch.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

Can I have a score update?

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I really don’t understand. BG gets all these WvW guilds to transfer to their server, then they just give up and don’t fight.

You guys do realize you probably have more WvW guilds than both the other servers combined right?

I really do not understand how such a stacked server can give up so easily.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The random matchups might have been a good thing 4 months ago, but with the 3 of us so stacked as we are now it won’t. I remember well fighting a 24 hour server with no international presence of our own, it’s kinda depressing. You don’t have to be much below t1 to run into 16 hour ghost towns. Personally, I think that’d be far worse for a community then facing the only balanced matchup available repeatedly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Nah, it’s not fun. All WvW players love to make screenshots with scores and characters.

Attachments:

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I’d like to see Arrow Carts to their original state. Could care less about anything else that’s happened. That change alone has made WvWvW more about flash building AC’s and holding ground than actually fighting.

Agreed 100%. I guess if you don’t have the skill to fight on open ground, build a million arrow carts. That will teach ‘em! Though I must admit, it’s hilarious when you’re fielding half as many people as your enemy yet the enemy feels the need to resort to a million carts. You already have the advantage… or apparently not.

Carts have their place in and around towers, but open field? Boooooring.

Ele for Hire

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You think having objectives to fight over is boring?
I hear arrowcarts are fragile, and one placed open field adds an element of urgency.
See a build site? Better move quick. Towards or away. Even a guardian can kill one before it gets off a third shot, but if noone tries they’ll pay dearly. Just another one of them coordination things people love to understate.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

To TSYM and some of IRON and your pugs. Last night was fun I am just sorry my pugs see a sea of Red and run the otherway. The SM Farm last night was fun thanks for the Bags you gave us. Which is fair to say that you guys rolled us a lot also, mainly to my pugs runnign away.

I have gotten use to the Poor NA attitude in fighting on BG, we have some good guilds but yet we go out manned everyday on maps and we are not getting people on to work together. I have also gotten use to the Double Team, and to the JQ person askign why are BG and JQ not Double teaming SoR welll good question. I am sure SoR would love to have the challenge, but you have some JQ commanders that have a kitten for getting Steam Rolled by my zergs all night and crushed in Danes all night long, I figured after I crushed them for the 10th time they would try hitting SoR but they kept it up and I don’t blame TSYM for taking advatage of BG pugs stupidity to drain the Vally resources.

ATo the people complaing about AC, I have seen on multiple Occasions SoR hit Siege from Angles I can not duplicate, I have heard of BG doing the same along with JQ, I feel it is fair for us to say everyone does it.

Dear Arena Net, if this is a Hack please counter it in the programing to dis allow it, if it is an exploit in do part to someone having a larger screen or multiple screens having a wider and longer view on the battle field, this should also be fixed as it creates an unfair advatage to those that can not afford or do not have them.

Now I have seen post about AC being litered on BG side, although I have gone into Klovan and seen 9 ACs in Klovan alone. In SM SoR built 5 AC’s alone on the ramp, in a screen shot of someone on Ac’s with a bunch of bags around them, there were at least 2 others ACs with in 5 feet of each other. Personnally I think Ac’s need to be fix, but not really sure how. Untill then lets all just face every server will have this name added to their server

• Arrow Cart Gate
  • Arrow Cart Quarry
  • Arrow Cart of Rall

I personally don’t drp that many AC’s when I command but that doesn’t mean I wont. Any how great fights yester day between 3:30 PST to 7:30PST. Lets keep it all up, and SoR so long as BG keeps putting MInimal effort in at NA primetime you deserve First.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Down with that, just try and tell JQ that lol

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Dear JQ SEA,

All of BG’s holdings in EB are paper except for Langor, if you push them hard you can get second this week! All of us on SOR are cheering you on…..

- Sincerely,
SOR

You’d have been better off telling us not to. We do the opposite of what you want on purpose.

Maybe we wanna get 2v1’d then….. in which case, you’d be doing exactly what we want !

Aha, but you didn’t count on me building up a resistance to iocane powder!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

I have gotten use to the Poor NA attitude in fighting on BG, we have some good guilds but yet we go out manned everyday on maps and we are not getting people on to work together. I have also gotten use to the Double Team, and to the JQ person askign why are BG and JQ not Double teaming SoR welll good question. I am sure SoR would love to have the challenge

Sounds like a core problem within BG. I agree with the poster above that BG probably has absorbed a lot, if not the most, wvw orientated guilds of the 3 servers yet their performance does not show. It seems that the entire atmosphere of BG is toxic. You need a strong leader to step up to re-organize the server or the current active wvw guilds should start over somewhere else to be quite frank. It’s obvious the current “eat up as many servers/guilds as possible and we’ll be ok” strategy isn’t working for BG.

That being said, if it requires a 2v1 against SoR, then it requires a 2v1 against SoR. I think most Rallians are used to being the underdog by nature, so a 2v1 would bring that back for them since that’s where they thrive.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Dear JQ SEA,

All of BG’s holdings in EB are paper except for Langor, if you push them hard you can get second this week! All of us on SOR are cheering you on…..

- Sincerely,
SOR

You’d have been better off telling us not to. We do the opposite of what you want on purpose.

betewn Jq and Bg whos the boyfriend and whos the girlfriend? seen you like to tag along

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Dear JQ SEA,

- Sincerely,
SOR

betewn Jq and Bg whos the boyfriend and whos the girlfriend? seen you like to tag along

That’s a bit awkward. But you are adorable

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese.4210

Aha, but you didn’t count on me building up a resistance to iocane powder!

INCONCEIVABLE!

[EG] – SoR

Garrett Ward – 80 Thief / Roland Ward – 80 Warrior / Tacitus Ward – 80 Necro