Tier 1: SoR/BG/JQ 05/17/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

BG do us a favor on JQ and stop hitting BGBL bay! every time you attempt and even if you get, SoR does not care lol. They hit your garrison every time and usually take it plz wake up!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

SoR will reign fire on all the nations below them

Please keep in mind that SoR wasn’t doing much before IRON came to your server with almost two full guilds, leavign SoR with an EU presence that can cover a 40+ man zergs on 3 different maps at the same time. Now I am not down playing any of you guys on SoR and congrats on this weeks win and last weeks win, I think it is much deserved for you guys. Although lets not forget it is only becuase of IRON you guys are in the position you are in. Any how grats on winning.

2 full guilds? o_O we came alone you know who’s the 2nd full guild? btw Iron is in 1 border at the time

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DBR.9876

DBR.9876

Hope some guilds see the senses to join JQ. Hot competition of jq vs sor and iron made a mistake going to sor and just killing the chances of balance considering its been fairly stable sor being ahead by far for weeks now. Sor will stay ahead till some guilds get bored or others move to jq. All coverage aside the score is perfect proof of the current imbalance in the grand scheme

Rewriting history a bit. SoR had the weakest coverage of all 3 t1 servers. No one could foresee that JQ would start bleeding guilds. At the time Iron made the choice SoR was the best choice as far as balance is concerned.

Using this quote and going off of what your TW friend said above it seems like you guys always had the coverage if you take away EU. You guys are ticking the same as JQ SEA with the return of your guys SEA guilds. So it seems to me you guys always had a chance at winning, but your SEA guilds were not showing up or were testing? Whatever it may be adding a EU guild did balance it while your SEA guilds were gone. However now you guys are doing much better with your SEA at least ticking 200 and now the 400+EU. My point I’m trying to make is honestly without IRON if your SEA would’ve been what it is now. You guys could have won in my opinion. Keep up the good fights and good games.

For the past week or so, the est timezone on SoR has been without almost any competition. A night or two ago, Fear and spqr (i think) went into one borderland where we owned nothing. We took back a paper bay, and split pushed a t3 garrison belonging to jq and a t3 hills belonging to bg. Both were taken within minutes of one another. This was at about 8 pm eastern time and there was no resistance to be had. I personally don’t think the changes in SoR are the reasons for our wins. We finally got to where we could compete with the powerhouses of t1, but it seems when we got to that point, they just relaxed their game and decided to not even fight during early NA. As NA servers in tier 1, it should be impossible for 15-20 man groups to flip tier 3 keeps effortlessly during prime time.

Matthew Day – Human Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

BG do us a favor on JQ and stop hitting BGBL bay! every time you attempt and even if you get, SoR does not care lol. They hit your garrison every time and usually take it plz wake up!

JQ do us a favor on BG, and when 10pm PST hits stop double teaming us on EB. ;-) I mean seriously SoR is rollilng through everyone becuase of IRON and their 40 – 60 man zergs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Hope some guilds see the senses to join JQ. Hot competition of jq vs sor and iron made a mistake going to sor and just killing the chances of balance considering its been fairly stable sor being ahead by far for weeks now. Sor will stay ahead till some guilds get bored or others move to jq. All coverage aside the score is perfect proof of the current imbalance in the grand scheme

Rewriting history a bit. SoR had the weakest coverage of all 3 t1 servers. No one could foresee that JQ would start bleeding guilds. At the time Iron made the choice SoR was the best choice as far as balance is concerned.

Using this quote and going off of what your TW friend said above it seems like you guys always had the coverage if you take away EU. You guys are ticking the same as JQ SEA with the return of your guys SEA guilds. So it seems to me you guys always had a chance at winning, but your SEA guilds were not showing up or were testing? Whatever it may be adding a EU guild did balance it while your SEA guilds were gone. However now you guys are doing much better with your SEA at least ticking 200 and now the 400+EU. My point I’m trying to make is honestly without IRON if your SEA would’ve been what it is now. You guys could have won in my opinion. Keep up the good fights and good games.

I do agree in a sense. Except that JQ sea was undisputed then. It’s been weakened some now, SoR sea mostly held on in a portion of 2 maps while foo rampaged. The big issue was then BG and JQ during EU. Plenty of times I watch our sea logout only to see EMP or WM come wipe us out. Y’all can cry foul now, suits us fine.
But fact was before iron both servers didn’t blink about robbing us blind during EU. And if they left you’d be right back to it.
Basically, JQ and BG brought SoR EU on themselves

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

LOL @kaimick I guess we can say BG wouldn’t have done much of anything if it wasn’t for merc / nd / wm / meow / rise / ko / kor / rise let us not forget agg and foe who left bg.

u don’t go from first to third unless ur players or guilds stop showing up so plzz stop with the IRON excuse

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lead.1784

Lead.1784

For the past week or so, the est timezone on SoR has been without almost any competition. A night or two ago, Fear and spqr (i think) went into one borderland where we owned nothing. We took back a paper bay, and split pushed a t3 garrison belonging to jq and a t3 hills belonging to bg. Both were taken within minutes of one another. This was at about 8 pm eastern time and there was no resistance to be had. I personally don’t think the changes in SoR are the reasons for our wins. We finally got to where we could compete with the powerhouses of t1, but it seems when we got to that point, they just relaxed their game and decided to not even fight during early NA. As NA servers in tier 1, it should be impossible for 15-20 man groups to flip tier 3 keeps effortlessly during prime time.

Exactly, it has much less to do with our coverage than BG is willing to admit, and JQ just has weaker coverage than us at the moment. BG has just been very unsportsmanlike this week by just giving up because its a little rough for them. The funny thing is is that I know you guys have the numbers there, they just don’t come out? I think you are just trying to look weak to get new people just like you did last time you did something similar. Just off the top of my head KnT, GoF, and RK I see every single day, and they should be commended for actually helping the server. I just wish you guys didn’t have so many fairweathers, and more people that would back you when times get rough like this.

[IRON]Opy-Necromancer/Warrior
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I personnaly promoted SOR as a nice place for EU French wvw addicts. :p

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

Please keep in mind that SoR wasn’t doing much before IRON came to your server with almost two full guilds, leavign SoR with an EU presence that can cover a 40+ man zergs on 3 different maps at the same time. Now I am not down playing any of you guys on SoR and congrats on this weeks win and last weeks win, I think it is much deserved for you guys. Although lets not forget it is only becuase of IRON you guys are in the position you are in. Any how grats on winning.

2 full guilds? o_O we came alone you know who’s the 2nd full guild? btw Iron is in 1 border at the time

Funny on how most nights the BG TS is reporting a 40+ zerg on BGBL and JQBL and we are seeing a 40+ also on EB. At the same time. But what have you I have also seen IRON and lORN which is iron and Lorn. I know this only becuase A few guild friends that have friends on SoR ( gasp spy ) have applied to both. This doesn’t change the fact SoR be it good in their own rights have IRON to thank for their recnt wins. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but lets not beat our chest no Choo, TYSM, Fear, and TW. Although Again grats on your wins, keep up the good work

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

LOL @kaimick I guess we can say BG wouldn’t have done much of anything if it wasn’t for merc / nd / wm / meow / rise / ko / kor / rise let us not forget agg and foe who left bg.

u don’t go from first to third unless ur players or guilds stop showing up so plzz stop with the IRON excuse

kitten DERP, I never said that BG didn’t do it either, but we acknowledged the fact that we got better because of the unity of the new guilds, not once have I seen a SoR post here even acknowledging IRON.

Then again I did say good job and conratulated them. GG on fail troll

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

Exactly, it has much less to do with our coverage than BG is willing to admit, and JQ just has weaker coverage than us at the moment. BG has just been very unsportsmanlike this week by just giving up because its a little rough for them. The funny thing is is that I know you guys have the numbers there, they just don’t come out? I think you are just trying to look weak to get new people just like you did last time you did something similar. Just off the top of my head KnT, GoF, and RK I see every single day, and they should be commended for actually helping the server. I just wish you guys didn’t have so many fairweathers, and more people that would back you when times get rough like this.

I agree with this post, Once we lost we had a few unnamed guilds drop out of activity, soem say it is because of RL orthers say it is becuase of SSC but I believe personally different. Although that is my opinion and no fluidity to that. Ruin is up on the maps every night, and KNT is also. Unforcantly Ruin and Iron have a bad history together since desolation, even though I have no real proof it seems as soon as Ruin tags up we get the IRON red ball of 50+ death focusing on us. But that again is just a preception, weather it is 100% true is another story.

Again good work SoR, looking foward to a lot more battles in the future.

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

ok I now know ur a troll gl on recruiting more guilds seems ur server eats them up.i would much rather see guilds join jq atleast they fight

No JQ never stop fighting to look weak to get EU guilds or SEA or Ocianic guilds. LOL Look I hope we all get a large SEA, EU, and NA coverage and we all have great epic battles in BL and EB.

People just need to stop beating their chest, this includes BG. Right now SoR has a large large EU prsence that steamrolls everything, soon thigns will be balanced. This isn’t SoR fault they got a good play on IRON. Keep up the good work.

Also stop generalizing all of BG, there are guilds on BG that are still fighting every day

• Ruin
  • Knt
  • JL
  • GoF
    and others I can’t think of. Yes we do have some guilds that decided to stop fighting, for which ever reason that no one on BG besides them really know, although that is not all of BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

As much as I hate the new SoR, you trolls are just quenching their thirst with your tears.

IRON’s kitten and ego must be like +100 now.

I doubt it. From an outsider’s perspective, IRON seems like stand up guys that aren’t out here for ego stroking. They came to NA looking for a different experience and to help move a top tier server into the #1 spot. They scouted all three T1 servers and made their decision based on where it seemed like they were needed the most. The thing is, I don’t think they expected it to happen in the very first week. Now they’re looking around scratching their heads with their primary goal already accomplished, and they’re not finding the fun encounters they were hoping for. Hopefully that changes sometime soon.

If anything, this proves how precarious WvW server balance is in this game. I think morale, driven primarily by a player’s perception of their server’s ability to win, has a larger impact on WvW participation than many people realize.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Funny on how most nights the BG TS is reporting a 40+ zerg on BGBL and JQBL and we are seeing a 40+ also on EB. At the same time. But what have you I have also seen IRON and lORN which is iron and Lorn. I know this only becuase A few guild friends that have friends on SoR ( gasp spy ) have applied to both. This doesn’t change the fact SoR be it good in their own rights have IRON to thank for their recnt wins. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but lets not beat our chest no Choo, TYSM, Fear, and TW. Although Again grats on your wins, keep up the good work

I heard they also kill players with fireballs from their eyes and lightning from their kitten. Is it true IRON players?

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I heard they also kill players with meteors from their eyes and lightning from their kitten. Is it true IRON players?

The server of SoR may or may not have nuclear weapons at their disposal.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I doubt it. From an outsider’s perspective, IRON seems like stand up guys that aren’t out here for ego stroking. They came to NA looking for a different experience and to help move a top tier server into the #1 spot. They scouted all three T1 servers and made their decision based on where it seemed like they were needed the most. The thing is, I don’t think they expected it to happen in the very first week. Now they’re looking around scratching their heads with their primary goal already accomplished, and they’re not finding the fun encounters they were hoping for. Hopefully that changes sometime soon.

If anything, this proves how precarious WvW server balance is in this game. I think morale, driven primarily by a player’s perception of their server’s ability to win, has a larger impact on WvW participation than many people realize.

There is a lot of whispers of the EU servers doing a bit of shuffling. I’m betting IRON will get some good competition here in the next few weeks. Once they arrive I’m hoping both BG/JQ’s NA can start showing up on a regular basis again, gets boring doing all this PvDoor during NA.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

There is a lot of whispers of the EU servers doing a bit of shuffling. I’m betting IRON will get some good competition here in the next few weeks. Once they arrive I’m hoping both BG/JQ’s NA can start showing up on a regular basis again, gets boring doing all this PvDoor during NA for NA servers.

Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully SoR doesn’t start crying when the tables turn. While I agree that you guys are fighting hard now and BG and JQ have more or less thrown in the towel for various reasons, it isn’t always going to be like that. Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is the server to beat during NA prime.

in Match-ups

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Hey guys, I just got back from the store. Fear not! I have brought back several buckets to collect the tears flowing from this thread. It seems that I have arrived at a crucial moment – just a few more posts and we would have been swimming!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully SoR doesn’t start crying when the tables turn. While I agree that you guys are fighting hard now and BG and JQ have more or less thrown in the towel for various reasons, it isn’t always going to be like that. Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is probably the server to beat during NA prime.

To be honest, I hope the tables do turn. T1 needs to be a match up that all 3 servers are within 20k of one another. A server losing is much more fun then a server winning, don’t get me wrong as I enjoy the much needed win we have earned over here, but if its gonna cost SoR good fights then I’m all for JQ/BG getting guilds to counter our EU/NA.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

After that latest IRON posts, I’m really happy that you are on SoR not on JQ.
I felt a bid bad after you decided to join SoR instead of JQ and thought that I maybe shouldn’t have told whykt that SoR is a good server, but now I’m relieved in some way.

Iron my shirt, kittenes!

I’m really happy that IRON has joined our server, tight knit community, mature, responsible and with a sense of humor being able to recognize and enjoy some harmless fun.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is probably the server to beat during NA prime.

They’ve been the server to beat during NA prime since at least November if not earlier. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. BG and SoR have a contentious history but I don’t let that get in the way of my offering the respect their NA crew deserves.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

SoR na has always beat BGna to a pulp. To the point where noone but your rookie guilds will even try sorbl. Kinda proves spies aren’t good for much but QQ posts. All the shady stuff thru the months.. Orbs, keep flips, siege caps, map spies, voip ddos attacks… All for naught. Maybe that energy shoulda been spent on gameplay.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ace.7361

Ace.7361

There is a lot of whispers of the EU servers doing a bit of shuffling. I’m betting IRON will get some good competition here in the next few weeks. Once they arrive I’m hoping both BG/JQ’s NA can start showing up on a regular basis again, gets boring doing all this PvDoor during NA for NA servers.

Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully SoR doesn’t start crying when the tables turn. While I agree that you guys are fighting hard now and BG and JQ have more or less thrown in the towel for various reasons, it isn’t always going to be like that. Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is the server to beat during NA prime.

SOR will always be out there fighting. The forum trolls will do what they want but the real w3 guilds/players will never give up. We have been in the worst position for almost our whole time in T1 and T2 and that never stopped us. So please bring our NA some equal numbers.

Earnel/Irmo/Ingwe
Leader of [FEAR]
www.fear-guild.com

(edited by Ace.7361)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is probably the server to beat during NA prime.

They’ve been the server to beat during NA prime since at least November if not earlier. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. BG and SoR have a contentious history but I don’t let that get in the way of my offering the respect their NA crew deserves.

BG has a longer history with SoR than JQ does. I can only speak for when they’ve been in T1.

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

SoR na has always beat BGna to a pulp. To the point where noone but your rookie guilds will even try sorbl. Kinda proves spies aren’t good for much but QQ posts. All the shady stuff thru the months.. Orbs, keep flips, siege caps, map spies, voip ddos attacks… All for naught. Maybe that energy shoulda been spent on gameplay.

LOL, keeping pointing the finger, you act as if BG is the only server that uses Map spys and siege spy’s. LOL We have been trolled also on BG with sige troll caps. I mean if you want to play it off like your all high and mighty then so be it.

And yes SoR had a good force on NA primetime, and you won your fair share of battles, yet at the end of the week you still held 3rd place. According to SoR fourm warriors sicne you been in T1 you never gave up and always fought, BG is in 3rd and we have been outmanned 80% of the time. YOU fought and held 3rd place till IRON.

Lets look past everything, and allow me to make it more noticable for you Letoll,

" Good job, awesome JOB on the wins Keep it up, you guys deserve it" I am looking forward to some great fights here soon hopefully

My bets is your next retort will blantly ignore the last part and focus on your fourm warrior skills ;-)

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

BG has a longer history with SoR than JQ does. I can only speak for when they’ve been in T1.

You know I am starting to think this “HISTORY” is just forum troll BS… I have yet to actually here what the “HISTORY” even is. Now I know there is HISTORY between IRON and RUIN from Desolation EU server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

I like how we get one guild to help cover a much needed hole in our coverage when JQ romped BG and US having around a 100k lead on second place for multiple weeks, now they are QQing cause we actually tick more than 65 during what use to be our weak time. Never seen anyone from JQ say anything about it being unfair that they were winning by so much.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

Things will change within a few weeks I have no doubt. Pugs, casuals, and pver’s have more impact on wvw than alot of people like to admit. Most servers have the population to fill up wvw 24/7, it’s figuring out how to get them out in the field that is the problem. Right now iron has provided a nice rallying point for SoR. As a result many casuals, and pver’s are flooding into the borders. This will fade a bit in time.

It’s up to JQ and BG to figure out how to get your servers out to fight. The people are there and I hope you guys find a way to motivate them and knock us out of first.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

blablabla 300 man zerg blablabla SEA blablabla EU blablabla NA primetime blablabla PVdoor blablabla Thanks for the bags blablabla 2v1 blablabla

I don’t get it. Just log in, play, and if your server wins, it wins. If it doesn’t, well you had fun.

Just…play…the kittening…game.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Poorly composed, my apologies. I responded to the whole discussion with half my mind on a tasty Reuben. My point was SoR has watched it’s holdings be fought over during this time for months. It’s hard to keep a straight face seeing the leaders in the coverage war arms race crying foul. Much less respond with anything but “up your game, son”

Was it a New York Reuben? Huh huh… ?

Reubens are best served from Omaha, where they were created, tyvm.

I thought reubens were German…

It was either created by Reuben Kulakofsky (Lithuanian) ~1920-1935, or by Arnold Reuben (German that owned a deli in New York) ~1914-1920.

Lithuanian…FROM OMAHA

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

I remember the time we (SoR) lost because we hadn´t the coverage during Sea, Ocean and EU time and now we have it and the roles switched. At this time some of us were accused of whining because they complained of SoR´s coverage gaps and now some of BG and JQ do. Can´t you all just grant the others the victory? After all JQ, BG and SoR experienced situations the other server had in the past. Shouldn´t that implement some kind of understanding?

No…still accusations and resentment.

in Match-ups

LetoII.3782

LOL, keeping pointing the finger, you act as if BG is the only server that uses Map spys and siege spy’s. LOL We have been trolled also on BG with sige troll caps. I mean if you want to play it off like your all high and mighty then so be it.

And yes SoR had a good force on NA primetime, and you won your fair share of battles, yet at the end of the week you still held 3rd place. According to SoR fourm warriors sicne you been in T1 you never gave up and always fought, BG is in 3rd and we have been outmanned 80% of the time. YOU fought and held 3rd place till IRON.

Lets look past everything, and allow me to make it more noticable for you Letoll,

" Good job, awesome JOB on the wins Keep it up, you guys deserve it" I am looking forward to some great fights here soon hopefully

My bets is your next retort will blantly ignore the last part and focus on your fourm warrior skills ;-)

Backhanded compliment is backhanded. Keep it
TW always has and always will play the game as intended. Cheats are a crutch and an expensive one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: OpusX.4520

OpusX.4520

I heard they also kill players with fireballs from their eyes and lightning from their kitten. Is it true IRON players?

Yes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

We can actually do all of those things.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully SoR doesn’t start crying when the tables turn. While I agree that you guys are fighting hard now and BG and JQ have more or less thrown in the towel for various reasons, it isn’t always going to be like that. Hope this bravado will still be there when you guys are facing equal numbers because I do believe SoR still is probably the server to beat during NA prime.

To be honest, I hope the tables do turn. T1 needs to be a match up that all 3 servers are within 20k of one another. A server losing is much more fun then a server winning, don’t get me wrong as I enjoy the much needed win we have earned over here, but if its gonna cost SoR good fights then I’m all for JQ/BG getting guilds to counter our EU/NA.

I hope they turn too. I’m sick and tired of T1, everyone here takes this game far too seriously. I legitimately hope we on SoR lose next week and drop a tier. Or three.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Oh Wrex is a girl? It all makes sense now….

You mean it’s the few days of a month where girls have this red essence thing going?

I’m relieved now!

Attachments:

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

SoR went from 17th place to 2nd and 3rd place in T1 without IRON. If you’re honest, you’ll admit that it’s more than “wasn’t doing much”. I don’t like chest-beating either, and I try to refrain from it as much as my temper allows…but come on, be serious here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

BG doesn’t know how to endure, JQ is still a solid contender though. My apologies to BG, it seems a lot of your guilds stop showing up, but how you gain guild is not how one makes a strong community. Whilst you guys say you have one, from everyone I talk to on BG your guilds seem very segregated and do their own things for the most part. We’ve never had that issue on SoR for…ages now. Yes we gained guilds, at a slow pace, but we never begged nobody to come, they came on their own accords because they enjoy how we are as a server. We don’t point fingers, even when we were losing we still came out strong everyday during our primetimes. You guys, just decided to disappear completely. I don’t know if its playing dead or not but somethings not right. You guys have the people/guilds to still be contenders in T1 yet you chose to sit and moan instead of going out and playing. SoR has been the underdog until these last few weeks. All we’ve gained is an EU guild that chose to come to us over the other two servers and a decent morale booster. Its up to you guys to motivate your guys to come out, complaining really gets you nothing. Now get out there and kittening play the game.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

This is getting to be outright stupid now. SoR isn’t winning because of IRON. SoR was a strong server to begin with or they wouldn’t have been in T1. Period.
IRON simply gave SoR a needed edge.
The players and guilds on SoR are working very hard to win so you should really “blame” the SoR community as a whole for winning. IRON had a part in it, yes, but we’re far from being the sole reason for SoR being victorious.

Iron is simply filling a time slot where YOU previously PvD’d everything. That’s most likely the reason to your whining here on the forums. We cancelled your karma trains.

But seriously, this whining on the forums is pathetic. Get in game and fight us in-staid of waging war on the forums and we might have more of a problem steam rolling you.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I name that server BlackHoleGate though. Where on earth are they putting all these guilds? They get a bunch of transfers, I see them on the field for a few weeks and then they dissapear. Something very fishy is going on over there, Anet should be calling in the feds.

This has been kept under wraps, until now. I can’t live with the guilt any longer. The fact is, Blackgate has a dirty secret. Behind the scenes, we are nabbing all the new transfers, taking them down through the heavily guarded Blackgate and to the depths of the earth where we are harvesting their brains and fusing them all together to form a “super brain”. Once it’s ready, this “super brain” will rise through the depths and embed itself right in these very forums, where it will begin to respond to trolls and in turn troll our competitors at a level so incredible and downright heinous that our competitors will explode from within.

So there you have it. Ah it felt good to get that off my chest.

Ah, I knew it….. looking forward to see that super brain in action. Be good to test myself against some real trolling competition.

Well if its confession time…. they won’t like me for this but hey so what.

Jade Quarry has been running a Soylent Green game for months. Stei, called it the “make a super soldier process” but really the truth is much more henious than that. That guy has a future in marketing.

Honestly the free transfers we got were a real boon. We were starving. We have now consumed most of them. We only keep the SF and their friends around because they are tough as old boots.

There you have it, JQ eats people. Its all true folks, JQ really are the evil beast you thought they were, and you thought our hyper density of Orr Risen were all npcs… those are just the dead husks of ex player avatars running around.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Congratulations to SoR for their win last week, and this week. SoR has worked hard since they arrived in T1. They were a little over their heads at the start it seemed, but they evolved and got better. I remember some epic fights in SoR’s garrison, that we (JQ) had a waypoint in. The server with the best all-around coverage wins, it’s true, but it’s the power of the players to keep you there, and make the fights interesting for the other two servers.

JQ isn’t dead, not by a long shot. We promise to be out there every night giving you guys fights. Yes, NA help would be welcomed; transfers do wonders for server morale and it’s always fun to learn from your new server mates. A little EU coverage would also help, but just enough to give everyone the close fights they love. We’ll see what happens.

Until then, just get out there and have fun. I’ve made some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie bars…. who wants one?

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

I like cookies, please share.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

Backhanded compliment is backhanded. Keep it
TW always has and always will play the game as intended. Cheats are a crutch and an expensive one.

LOL thank you for proving my point, Not sure if you understand how you did so allow me to point it out.

Notice how you didn’t say SoR. yet you claim all of BG does it. Now read this carefully

SoR just like JQ and BG and numerous other servers, use map spies. Some servers even use cheap siege spies or voice chat spies. Just becuase your guild to your knowledge doesn’t, doesn’t mean your server hasn’t done it.

Spying is part of warfair, over extending supplies to useless efforts and crippleing siege is part of warfare. Although in this game the later is BS for any server to emploer as no server has anyway to counter this.

So like I said before your server maybe not TW but SOR and every other server, as I am sorry to inform you, uses spy’s.

Again grats on SoR’s win I think you guys deserve it, maybe now all the T1 1st place bandwagoners will leave BG. Watch out SoR theya re comming to you next. Hazards of 1st place you get the derps that try to cash in on your hard work and success.

in Match-ups

Topix.6974

Arrow carts need to have unlimited range.

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I name that server BlackHoleGate though. Where on earth are they putting all these guilds? They get a bunch of transfers, I see them on the field for a few weeks and then they dissapear. Something very fishy is going on over there, Anet should be calling in the feds.

This has been kept under wraps, until now. I can’t live with the guilt any longer. The fact is, Blackgate has a dirty secret. Behind the scenes, we are nabbing all the new transfers, taking them down through the heavily guarded Blackgate and to the depths of the earth where we are harvesting their brains and fusing them all together to form a “super brain”. Once it’s ready, this “super brain” will rise through the depths and embed itself right in these very forums, where it will begin to respond to trolls and in turn troll our competitors at a level so incredible and downright heinous that our competitors will explode from within.

So there you have it. Ah it felt good to get that off my chest.

Ah, I knew it….. looking forward to see that super brain in action. Be good to test myself against some real trolling competition.

Well if its confession time…. they won’t like me for this but hey so what.

Jade Quarry has been running a Soylent Green game for months. Stei, called it the “make a super soldier process” but really the truth is much more henious than that. That guy has a future in marketing.

Honestly the free transfers we got were a real boon. We were starving. We have now consumed most of them. We only keep the SF and their friends around because they are tough as old boots.

There you have it, JQ eats people. Its all true folks, JQ really are the evil beast you thought they were, and you thought our hyper density of Orr Risen were all npcs… those are just the dead husks of ex player avatars running around.

The super soldiers were supposed to be secret super soldiers Kreen ……

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Kaimick.5109

SoR went from 17th place to 2nd and 3rd place in T1 without IRON. If you’re honest, you’ll admit that it’s more than “wasn’t doing much”. I don’t like chest-beating either, and I try to refrain from it as much as my temper allows…but come on, be serious here.

I was refering to T1 not T2 through 9. Blackgate moved through all the tiers also with out our transfers so.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

BG doesn’t know how to endure, JQ is still a solid contender though. My apologies to BG, it seems a lot of your guilds stop showing up, but how you gain guild is not how one makes a strong community. Whilst you guys say you have one, from everyone I talk to on BG your guilds seem very segregated and do their own things for the most part.

Look, I’ll be straight up here. How we “gained” guilds is no different than any other server. We recruited them if we had time zones where we were weak in our current tier. Sometimes, others followed unexpectedly. Also, we have the same thing as every other successful server in WvW. Forums, a shoutbox, serverwide Teamspeak, weekly strategy threads in the community leaders forum, map/goal assignments and regular VOIP meetings. Blackgate guilds are not any more, or less segregated than any other server unless for one reason or another that guild chooses to be (I don’t know of any, just saying).

I cannot answer why players are not coming out lately, but I feel strongly that it will change for the better sooner rather than later. I have personal opinions on the matter, but they’re just that, opinions, and without any factual data to back them up they’re not even worth mentioning. That said, whatever the current issues are, it has very little if anything to do with “community”.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Topix.6974

I think all 3 of our servers should just get along and enjoy the fights. We have all been in 1st place for multiple weeks now, we have have had guild come and go, and I’m sure we SoR won’t be first forever. So we should just all collect the loot bags from the opposing servers and wreck havoc on the battlefield.

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leviathan.8029

Leviathan.8029

Yes, this is one of the few rumours which is actually true.
It burns like hell though

It’s really funny to see all those comments about IRON, some of them really made my day! Keep ’em comming

~Tiff

Tiffin [IRON] Gunnar’s Hold
Elementalist / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cautsumeye.6194

Cautsumeye.6194

BG doesn’t know how to endure, JQ is still a solid contender though. My apologies to BG, it seems a lot of your guilds stop showing up, but how you gain guild is not how one makes a strong community. Whilst you guys say you have one, from everyone I talk to on BG your guilds seem very segregated and do their own things for the most part. We’ve never had that issue on SoR for…ages now. Yes we gained guilds, at a slow pace, but we never begged nobody to come, they came on their own accords because they enjoy how we are as a server. We don’t point fingers, even when we were losing we still came out strong everyday during our primetimes. You guys, just decided to disappear completely. I don’t know if its playing dead or not but somethings not right. You guys have the people/guilds to still be contenders in T1 yet you chose to sit and moan instead of going out and playing. SoR has been the underdog until these last few weeks. All we’ve gained is an EU guild that chose to come to us over the other two servers and a decent morale booster. Its up to you guys to motivate your guys to come out, complaining really gets you nothing. Now get out there and kittening play the game.

WOW! Your perception is not even close on the BG community and the way the Guilds there work together. I may be off a bit but I believe BG has been in T1 longer than SoR, or at least close. So how is it you figure BG does not know how to endure??

And I see little of the moaning you speak of from BG. I see more moaning from SoR of “we need better fights”.

Necromancer [ICOA]

Blackgate