Tier 5: EB|BP|AR - 25/05/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Best way to treat this thread:

Lol that’s pretty funny.

“Until it blinds you with rockets and machine gun fire.. then you should slightly worry about it..”

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

And here I’m just happy to see you all. =P

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

I take comfort in knowing that for many of the forum trolls, if I met them in real life, it would be as they cleared my table or took my keys to park my car so why begrudge a little electronic gloating.

personally, i find that to be a pretty disgusting attitude to go through life with, thinking that you are somehow better than the person waiting your table or parking your car; so much so that you would deign to “allow” them to be forum warriors.

honestly, nothing is the most correct in that if we were all just kittening around having drinks together at the bar, likely none or at least very few of us would trash talk so much. most of you guys actually seem to be pretty cool folks. that being said, this thread is a lot more entertaining after the forum warriors got to it. i was a bit worried for a second. 2 pages without trolling and all the kitten ba-ya stuff was getting boring.

Oh, but you misunderstand. Busing and waiting tables is a fine job, in your teens and early tweenties. I was actually paid minimum wage when I was 16 to have my arm up a horse’s bottom for 45 minutes on the way to a vet trying to untwist a colicy bowl. No tips btw.

My point is that most of the people that are really heated about all this are young and haven’t actually accomplished much that is real in life so being LEET beans in an MMO is “important”. There are exceptions, some young people accomplish amazing things very early and some older people never accomplish anything at all, but I am speaking of the norm and am confident I am correct.

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

I take comfort in knowing that for many of the forum trolls, if I met them in real life, it would be as they cleared my table or took my keys to park my car so why begrudge a little electronic gloating.

personally, i find that to be a pretty disgusting attitude to go through life with, thinking that you are somehow better than the person waiting your table or parking your car; so much so that you would deign to “allow” them to be forum warriors.

honestly, nothing is the most correct in that if we were all just kittening around having drinks together at the bar, likely none or at least very few of us would trash talk so much. most of you guys actually seem to be pretty cool folks. that being said, this thread is a lot more entertaining after the forum warriors got to it. i was a bit worried for a second. 2 pages without trolling and all the kitten ba-ya stuff was getting boring.

Oh, but you misunderstand. Busing and waiting tables is a fine job, in your teens and early tweenties. I was actually paid minimum wage when I was 16 to have my arm up a horse’s bottom for 45 minutes on the way to a vet trying to untwist a colicy bowl. No tips btw.

My point is that most of the people that are really heated about all this are young and haven’t actually accomplished much that is real in life so being LEET beans in an MMO is “important”. There are exceptions, some young people accomplish amazing things very early and some older people never accomplish anything at all, but I am speaking of the norm and am confident I am correct.

I’d be forced to disagree with the bussing tables being being a fine job statement lol. You wanna talk about a profession in the world where people feel they have the right to treat you the way majority of this forum talks to one another, go bus tables for a living. Did it for two years to get myself through college. Never… again. Lol!

Yumiko Togashii

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

I’d be forced to disagree with the bussing tables being being a fine job statement lol. You wanna talk about a profession in the world where people feel they have the right to treat you the way majority of this forum talks to one another, go bus tables for a living. Did it for two years to get myself through college. Never… again. Lol!

This is mainly because capitalism is based around the fact of “feeling better” than someone else while forgetting your life still sucks because you are a jerk who has two faced friends just like themselves. But you have money right?

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

This is mainly because capitalism is based around the fact of “feeling better” than someone else while forgetting your life still sucks because you are a jerk who has two faced friends just like themselves. But you have money right?

Wow, how insightful.
You should stick to coddling the enemy.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: chillypsu.9463

chillypsu.9463

As a member of Borlis Pass, I am very angry at Rekz and have my entire guild mass report them every other day. We’re waiting for a response from Anet.

those guys in Rekz are terribad. i heard they got stomped last night.

stay out of wuv-wuv you stupid upscales.

ps: what happened to tyler’s and fergie’s house?

Big Chilly – [TG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

@Kardiamond – Don’t take forum posters seriously. They don’t reflect the entire server just like my or your opinions don’t reflect all of AR. When you hear trash talk for so long, you learn to appreciate the really good ones(Ali is an obvious example everyone should know). And you also learn to laugh at the really bad ones(take your pick in this thread – Archer, Penguin, etc). Kinda sad when you realize these people have less creativity than a 5th grader and even more sad that other people find the elementary school cut downs entertaining. Guess that’s why shows like Jersey Shore and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are so popular.

Heck, maybe do this… every time Archer makes a post… just picture him as Snooki from the Jersey Shore as you read it. Imagine her hair and hoop earrings get bigger the more he brags about himself. Add in the thick Jersey accent and it really is more entertaining to read. Imagine the rekz trolls being the reast of the Jersey Shore crew — with their gel’d up hair and fist pumping themselves. Read Penguin’s posts like it was Honey Boo Boo and it’s quite hilarious.

Once you do that, it’s pretty hard to ever take their posts seriously again. Try it out.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Long story short, they’re going to have to buff our traitlines before they can nerf us.

Given ANets history of what they’ve done to Engineers, I wouldn’t be so sure about this statement.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

Posted by: FearTheAmish.8730

FearTheAmish.8730

AmishDriveby Asura Necro [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Long story short, they’re going to have to buff our traitlines before they can nerf us.

Given ANets history of what they’ve done to Engineers, I wouldn’t be so sure about this statement.

Call me an optimist then :P I am sincerily hoping that by now the ones working on fixing class skills have learned from at least some of their past mistakes.

Plus it’s not like it’s all that overpowered of a build. It heals a lot, but it is worthless in most dungeons and large-scale fights.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Best way to treat this thread:

Lol that’s pretty funny.

“Until it blinds you with rockets and machine gun fire.. then you should slightly worry about it..”

That youtube account has a couple of good ones. The one where he’s playing Dark Souls and trolling everyone by standing around like an NPC with Knight armor is classic.

Imagine the rekz trolls being the reast of the Jersey Shore crew — with their gel’d up hair and fist pumping themselves.

See attachment.

:P

Attachments:

Voice on the Wind – Druid
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] – Formerly Less Talkin More [Sekz]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Call me an optimist then :P I am sincerily hoping that by now the ones working on fixing class skills have learned from at least some of their past mistakes.

Plus it’s not like it’s all that overpowered of a build. It heals a lot, but it is worthless in most dungeons and large-scale fights.

ANet’s Engineer Love Given to Rangers:

-Reduced healing of Troll Unguent by 50% and reduced it’s duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
-Reduced the effect of Empathy in the Beastmaster trait line from +1 per trait point to .25 per trait point.
-Increased Spirit buffs from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
-Reduced cooldown of Spirits from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.

After they patch these changes, you find that any trait even remotely related to Spirits doesn’t work at all. After these changes, the next State of the Game, the devs say they still think pets are too strong and will nerf them again soon.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

(edited by BrimstoneAshe.5043)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

-Reduced healing of Troll Unguent by 50% and reduced it’s duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
-Reduced the effect of Empathy in the Beastmaster trait line from +1 per trait point to .25 per trait point.

After they patch these changes, you find that any trait even remotely related to Spirits doesn’t work at all. After these changes, the next State of the Game, the devs say they still think pets are too strong and will nerf them again soon.

Sounds legit, specially if you look at the Warrior’s patch notes lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yet DD Elem were worthless in dungeon, and they got nerfed hard.

don’t forget the main source of balancing is tPvP, and if you play tPvP or at least follow the pvp forum, you should now BM Ranger are a plague right now.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Yet DD Elem were worthless in dungeon, and they got nerfed hard.

don’t forget the main source of balancing is tPvP, and if you play tPvP or at least follow the pvp forum, you should now BM Ranger are a plague right now.

I play tPvP and am well aware of their impact. I get hate mail all the time from “original” tourney rangers. The problem isn’t that we can regen a lot or do good damage. The issue is built into the weapons that allow rangers to either block or dodge everything. The traitlines are already a mess which is why I’m confident they won’t change them. Weapons on the other hand… we’ll see what they do there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Score Update AKA showing off my cute Bolt

Attachments:

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

I read that as “showing off my cute butt” for some reason. I honestly didn’t have a response until I corrected myself.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

I read that as “showing off my cute butt” for some reason. I honestly didn’t have a response until I corrected myself.

Made my day.

in Match-ups

Kalkz.5297

Its ok i was exactly just like you, But then i took an arrow to the knee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Faux

Well for me the issue is the pet.

Pet don’t share ranger stats, so what ever is your build, your pet damage will mostly only depend on your traits.

So going 30 in BM (also getting healing from trait stats), you can build complete bunker and still have a good DPS. That’s the issue.

Going full defence won’t have any effect on your pet DPS. And being able to crit for 2-3k damage is really good for a bunker. Add to this your shortbow gatlin gun and all your condition (burn bleed and poison).

Now add to t his, like you said, weapon also have build in dodge/block, and you find yourself with wicked bunker.

In tPvP you can also attack other point with your pet while you stay at yours. (well after targetting you can go back to your point)

How to balance that? Man don’t ask me, I have no idea.

Just hope someday Longbow/offhand axe will be viable

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PaLeRiDeR.5908

PaLeRiDeR.5908

Its ok i was exactly just like you, But then i took an arrow to the knee

Comedy?

Bob De Niro-Warrior
Whipping Boy of Grindhouse Gaming [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Sounds legit, specially if you look at the Warrior’s patch notes lol.

If you mean warriors get lots of changes but no real improvements, then I agree.

It frustrates me as a GW1 warrior player that warriors are as bad as they are in PvP. Admittedly, they’re far better in WvW than in s/tPvP but still I feel lie I’m playing a severely kitten class compared to everyone else. We can deal out ridiculous DPS against targets that stay still, yeah, but you put any amount of control and we can’t do any damage and we absolutely wither under focus fire compared to everyone else. It’s not even our condition removal like a lot of warrior players whine, it’s the complete lack of damage mitigation and heals. Shield Stance and Endure Pain are nice, but 3s of block on 30s cooldown and 4s invuln on 90s cooldown are just delaying the inevitable when you have no way to restore any of the health you’ve lost.

Guardians and eles, admittedly with low health pools so they need it, just kitten out heals, protection, vigor and other damage mitigating or healing effects (blinds on guardians, water fields on eles, etc.) while warriors have healing skills that give lower HPS than everyone else and hardly any access to meaningful regen. We got lots of health, yeah, but when it’s gone it’s not coming back anytime soon.

I can beat other good players in 1v1 and small group engagements, but it feels too often that I have to be absolutely 100% on my game or I’m done compared to playing other classes in the mists. Sure you can steamroll bads with cookie cutter Bulls’s Charge or Bolas + frenzy + 100b but anyone with half a brain will handle you. Axe can’t stick to a target because you have no mobility, hammer is telegraphed so hard you’d swear it was designed by Samuel Morse, sword is worthless as an offensive weapon from lack of direct damage and/or condition diversity, etc. etc.

Thing is, we had these things we’d be monsters in zerg combat with all the CC and silly DPS, so fixing this is delicate and I do understand at least part of the reason its taking so long. Can we at the very least get DECENT grandmaster traits?

Anyway, offtopic I know, but just a warrior player’s frustration. Gotta vent it from time to time.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

(edited by Tetra Bug.7134)

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

inb4 Zara is sacrificed to the arrow cart gods

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Nobody reads signatures very well do they. Wheres Kodiak to come laugh at them. :p

Kodaick is busy carrying Ebay on his back. more details later… can’t type now… busy carrying.

-K

-K

in Match-ups

PaLeRiDeR.5908

Also. Borlis Pass kills virgins

Explains why you dont kill any one. Also, why so obsessed with virgins? It’s your go to insult. Is that a funny thing to say where you are from? To us it just seems out of place, like your trying for something but couldn’t get there.

Your name starts with P
you’re not allowed to speak with me.

k done making some people mad in forums coz im bored, imma get off now

What????? You dont make any one mad, you amuse us with the ridiculous things you say. But my name starts with a P, so what do I know.

Bob De Niro-Warrior

in Match-ups

PaLeRiDeR.5908

Nobody reads signatures very well do they. Wheres Kodiak to come laugh at them. :p

Kodaick is busy carrying Ebay on his back. more details later… can’t type now… busy carrying.

-K

Hoist Brethren

-K

Bob De Niro-Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Wow, how insightful.
You should stick to coddling the enemy.

They are not the enemy, they are other people who play the same game as me. They are the competition. There is such thing as friendly competition, I believe they call it sportsmanship and it started falling out of style years back in favor of “get on my level brah”.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in Match-ups

Posted by: AoLun.6095

AoLun.6095

meow

15characters

in Match-ups

Posted by: FearTheAmish.8730

FearTheAmish.8730

Also. Borlis Pass kills virgins

Explains why you dont kill any one. Also, why so obsessed with virgins? It’s your go to insult. Is that a funny thing to say where you are from? To us it just seems out of place, like your trying for something but couldn’t get there.

Your name starts with P
you’re not allowed to speak with me.

k done making some people mad in forums coz im bored, imma get off now

Mine starts with an F and all i gotta ask is… Da kitten did i just read? Also do you realize you are a punchline on Ebay? “hey you see that enemy zerg wipe when we had half their numbers?” “yeah must be kalkz in command”

AmishDriveby Asura Necro [GH]

(edited by FearTheAmish.8730)

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Kalkz: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since August 28, 2012.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Kalkz: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since August 28, 2012.

I like that one.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Match-ups

Kalkz.5297

Uhhh. well you lost a 2.6k supplied SM with having some good tags in the map
queued eternal and got wiped for a good 30 mins to take back your castle

We fail so much bro. done for the night, teach Ebay eternal commanders how to command

in Match-ups

PaLeRiDeR.5908

Lesson #1. Observe forum warrior brag of single achievement because he realizes such achievements are rare. Don’t do thakitten is a classic tell that you realize your own lack of ability and you are desperately grasping at straws.

Your right, this will help.

Bob De Niro-Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

We fail so much bro. done for the night, teach Ebay eternal commanders how to command

Hey Kalkz, you lost in the end…

Attachments:

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Work on that map completion bro not a good look with those dredge and harpy skill points not filled in

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Match-ups

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

Work on that map completion bro not a good look with those dredge and harpy skill points not filled in

Naaa, I have better things to do, like WvW stuff…

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakma.1549

Drakma.1549

Sorry, that was my fault. We were in AR painting the map green with our No Siege Wednesday crew, when I was told that we lost SM. We promptly moved to EBG and proceeded to take the gate down.

Once that was done we started our outer wall lap for kittens and giggles. Once I realized everybody and their mother was following my taco we got serious and had SM in about 10 minutes.

My apologies. Next time I’ll be more serious and move straight for the objective.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

welp… Grats on the Bolt Kalkz

anyways to everyone who joined on the randomly formed Fight Club in EBBL this evening thanks for the fun.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

They are not the enemy, they are other people who play the same game as me. They are the competition. There is such thing as friendly competition, I believe they call it sportsmanship and it started falling out of style years back in favor of “get on my level brah”.

Excuse me, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is thataway —>

D/D, Staff Elementalist

(edited by Gorefiend.9675)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plainsman.4753

Plainsman.4753

Just wanted to say, thank you for making it an interesting night in Ebay Homelands tonight to all invaders. GOAT & HOH never let us rest with the low numbers we had defending.

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

Excuse me, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is thataway —>

Meh… I’ve said it before and shall do so again, many of you take this game, and yourselves, far too seriously (sometimes I ponder if a bit unheathily so). That mind you coming from someone who played this game’s precursor for six years, and will do the same here in Gw2 no doubt (cause there’s even MORE to do in this one). Long after a great many of you are gone, having fluttered away for other things. Not to talk down on anyone or anything, there’s not a thing wrong with “fairweathers,” I just happen to not be one of them and that statement merely is what is stated. So I hope you’ll pardon me when I can’t help but laugh at a short fused Commander that resorts to yelling over TS or CAPS texting in chat, or a player who cries “Dumpster!” after defeating another player and then ranting about it.

Ralathar is right in this, our opponents are people too. They have feelings, families, pets, jobs, and taxes. No different than you or I. What’s a real mind-frag is when you come to this realization in actual war, after killing droves of people. Then, and only then, can you get serious. This? No, this is a happy pastime, and occasional guilty pleasure, of which I gladly spend 5-6 hours of my day partaking.

Also…

[Quote to a removed part of a post was removed]

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Our opponents are people too. They have feelings, families, pets, jobs, and taxes.

Exactly, so I am going to try to use those emotions to my advantage.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Our opponents are people too. They have feelings, families, pets, jobs, and taxes.

Exactly, so I am going to try to use those emotions to my advantage.

“I remember my first Beer” – Steve Martin (1977)

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

Is it weird that I often confuse the word infracted with infarcted? Please don’t get infarcted!

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Hey KStudios, nice sentiments. I’ll be right here with you 6 years or however long down the road.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrealTravis.9016

UnrealTravis.9016

So I was walking around last night into the wee hours of the morning. When I noticed a few random goats just spawning out of no where. Under further investigation I found a portal or two. It seems some goats were portal bombing into camps and even tried to portal bomb a tower. I mean silly goats can’t just face us man to man they have to portal bomb into camps. Good thing we held them off last night.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hello.

Well met.

Godspeed.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Hello.

Well met.

Godspeed.

Me: Hey you. Yeah you, Mr. OP ranger. Fight me >:C
Tupro: Soon™

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

Is it weird that I often confuse the word infracted with infarcted? Please don’t get infarcted!

I do this too. I love saying infarcted even more than infracted (who knew that was even possible!) which is horrible since I don’t want anyone to be infarcted

(Although, occasionally, when I am weak, I want Archer to think he is infarcted and thus come face to face with his own mortality and life choices. I know, I am a bad person.)

BTW, I got my infracted prediction deleted (not infracted mind you) because it referred to an already deleted post, but the thing is, I took the bits out of my post that caused the already deleted post to be deleted. Attention to detail saves lives, all I’m sayin.