To all roaming thieves

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Mubarizun.6435

Mubarizun.6435

Please don’t think you are winning your 1v1’s through skill. Most of us could not see you for more than a few seconds and did not have enough aoe to burst you down before you safely disappeared to the other side of the map.

The game engine and your artificially long invisibility are the reason for your wins.

Edit: Apparently alot of you are less informed than I imagined. This NOT about nerfing them. This is ONLY about a rendering issue that gives them a huge artificially high advantage.

(edited by Mubarizun.6435)

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Culling is barely even a problem in small scale fights yet people continue to whine about it cause they are bad. Sorry kid, I suggest you roll a thief and learn how to properly counter them instead of whining on the forums.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Mubarizun.6435

When thieves disappear they do not reappear for a way longer than they should. Think before you post. This problem has been known for a while.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Culling is barely even a problem in small scale fights yet people continue to whine about it cause they are bad. Sorry kid, I suggest you roll a thief and learn how to properly counter them instead of whining on the forums.

Nope… even in bunker builds when you actually outlast the initial burst damage in 1v1’s the thief still takes longer to render on your screen than he does to break stealth from his screen…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

Okay, an extra 1.5 seconds of stealth TOPS. Anet fixed it for the most part in small scale fights with the new rendering system. I personally don’t have any problems dealing with thieves and their stealth. Backstsab thieves are one trick ponies and are easy to counter even if you aren’t bunker. Stop playing glass cannon yourself and equip some stun breakers instead of all out offense.

You guys are still going to complain about stealth after they fix culling. Culling is just now used as an excuse for bad players who don’t have enough experience dealing with thieves.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

My 2800+ armor engineer lost 18k from a Mug, a C&D, and a Backstab in a 1v1. I had retaliation on, so he split. I did not see a flicker nor hear a whiff. Culling still exists in 1v1s.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Mubarizun.6435

Okay, an extra 1.5 seconds of stealth TOPS. Anet fixed it for the most part in small scale fights with the new rendering system. I personally don’t have any problems dealing with thieves and their stealth. Backstsab thieves are one trick ponies and are easy to counter even if you aren’t bunker. Stop playing glass cannon yourself and equip some stun breakers instead of all out offense.

You guys are still going to complain about stealth after they fix culling. Culling is just now used as an excuse for bad players who don’t have enough experience dealing with thieves.

You are in your own world. Please stick your head back into the sand.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Please don’t think you are winning your 1v1’s through skill. Most of us could not see you for more than a few seconds and did not have enough aoe to burst you down before you safely disappeared to the other side of the map.

The game engine and your artificially long invisibility are the reason for your wins.

Do you feel better now?

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

lol

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I had a fun fight with a thief today.
The only reason he died was because he over estimated his chances. Had to keep my hp low so that he thought he could win.

the second a thief thinks they’re going to lose the fight, they’re stealthed and 1500 range away in the least expected direction. That’s my only problem with stealth. Even an elementalist has to turn around, detarget you, and face the direction he’s about to move in. With a thief you have no idea if that last stealth was him priming for a backstab, or him booking it as far away as possible.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

As many have said, this is not down to culling it is down to your inability to combat thieves because you are oblivious to how they work. Take your QQ elsewhere because culling has been fixed and you cannot excuse your terrible playstyle on the basis of culling anymore.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

according to thieves your issues are all because you need to L2P.

don’t you know you’re supposed to CC and kill them in the 3 seconds they are visible?

i think it is utterly ridiculous to expect any class to be able to kill another in 3 seconds unless said class is a warrior using root, rush, 100b (and even then it’ll be a miracle if you can even target and land the first hit in 3 seconds).

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

I’m glad it’s not referring to me :p

I’d usually hide at blindspots (protip: don’t run around bends recklessly like a mindless zergling), pew pew pew with pistols, immoblise & finish off with heartseekers. Did all these without need for stealth, because most folks are just turning around confused. Seriously, be prepared for ambush even when surrounding objectives are in your server’s color.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Fact: Every person who comments ‘QQ moar’ and ‘L2P’ have Thief mains and don’t want their precious OPness nerfed away from them.

It’s more entertaining when you have to try, y’know.

Disciple of Quag

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

What about when I am winning 1v5’s. Is it skill then?

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Fact: Every person who comments ‘QQ moar’ and ‘L2P’ have Thief mains and don’t want their precious OPness nerfed away from them.

Fact: Every person who complains about Thief being OP thinks WvW is about 1v1 fights….

All classes

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Fact: Every person who complains about Thief being OP thinks WvW is about 1v1 fights….

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

seems balanced

I took an arrow to the knee

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

Let’s imagine a conversation on team chat…..

Thief: Guys I just killed 5 ppl trying to cap a camp!

Others: Nice, so you saved that camp?

Thief: No… but I killed 5 ppl!!!!

The End.

All classes

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

Q1 : did he capped anything ?
Q2: did he stoped the guys to cap something ?
Q3: it had any importance for his team the fact that he was there ?
Q4: did he killed any guardian/warrior / mesmer /elementarist / eng/ ranger /necro lvl 80 with double food buff ?
Q5 : did he killed only low lvls and other thieves ?
And finaly the most important question :
Q6 : would you like 50 thieves like him on an borderland vs enemy zergs ?
How will you respond?

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

not sure what OP is QQing, but thief fighting mechanism is utilising invisibility by design… although i’m not sure whether they should be doing the insane burst damage…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Personally I think thief’s are one of the worst wvw classes, besides ganking lone players and killing yaks the don’t bring much utility. As a power necro (yes I actually play that) I hardly ever have that much trouble with them. They are just annoying because they can get away easy. The ones that kill me are just good players and probably would kill me playing on any class

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

How will you respond?

50 thieves vs 50 warriors… or d/d eles.. or ( insert here ).

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

inb4lock.

cu nubarizun

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

The video looked pretty balanced to me, all it took was one blowback CC and the backstab thief got bursted down like nothing. He only had one stun breaker skill with a long CD. Also, notice that he targeted a guardian at one point and couldn’t really touch him.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

Thieves in most games have invisibility. Why do you complain gw2 thieves have invisibility.

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

Thieves in most games have invisibility. Why do you complain gw2 thieves have invisibility.

I think you already know the answer they are going to give you: “This is exactly why thieves are a bad class for any game.”

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thieves are pretty easy to beat. Just keep practicing. After you reach level 80, you will probably be in a better situation. If you already are 80, maybe practice in sPvP a bit. It will help with the match-ups

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Because like most games, Thieves require zero skill to actually play, only this game has taken it one step further and given them constant in combat stealth so they can reset their “Screw Ups”..

I have a thief, I play my thief, It’s a joke how silly the class is….

It doesn’t require any skill to kill anyone, it doesn’t require any skill to escape a fight, If things go badly, I can easily just reset the fight.

You want to seen an example of a stealther taking skill to play

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

sostronk.8167

How will you respond?

Id take the 50 warriors TBH.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

style.6173

Because like most games, Thieves require zero skill to actually play, only this game has taken it one step further and given them constant in combat stealth so they can reset their “Screw Ups”..

It doesn’t require any skill to kill anyone, it doesn’t require any skill to escape a fight, If things go badly, I can easily just reset the fight.

The things I’ve learned…

1. No one who plays a class comes onto a forum in any game and asks for it to be nerfed or talking about it being no skill.
2. People come to the forums claiming to be a certain class and asking for nerfs seem silly.
3. These same people might roll the class in question, but aren’t very good at it and are jealous of those who are.

Just my observations over time.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

style.6173

How will you respond?

I’d say 50 eles. They are the current most op class. They did receive an sPvP nerf, but they should still be mostly intact in WvW.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The things I’ve learned…

1. No one who plays a class comes onto a forum in any game and asks for it to be nerfed or talking about it being no skill.
2. People come to the forums claiming to be a certain class and asking for nerfs seem silly.
3. These same people might roll the class in question, but aren’t very good at it and are jealous of those who are.

Just my observations over time.

I’m much worse on my Thief then my Ranger, But i still get far more kills on the Thief then the ranger because the Thief requires far less skill to be good at.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

How will you respond?

I’d say 50 eles. They are the current most op class. They did receive an sPvP nerf, but they should still be mostly intact in WvW.

50 warriors would destroy the 50 thiefs… perma AoE stun! how insane would that thing be… there are a few videos of just a few hammer warriors breaking zergs…
you can even add some diversity… get like 10 hammer warriors for cc, 10 riffle warriors for some 1shoting, and 30 double axe warriors for the aoe destruction… Imagine the buffs going on! the dmg! the CC!! that would be crazy…

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

I think a big point that needs to be made here is that thieves are probably the top class for 1v1, but certainly not the top class for multiple fights. I dare say that any group that loses to a thief is simply not skilled enough to deal with it.

Most of the videos I have seen (and even from my own experience), show people getting way too confused with thief jumping around. Have you tried facing a good mesmer 1v1? Sure, your death didn’t come a swiftly, but it came nevertheless.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Do you feel better now?

Well I don’t! Here I am, a ranger, roaming about with my forest friends. The utter epitome of ingame squishiness… and all I get in exchange for wanting warm soft hugs from other kittens like me is invisi-shanked in the face! Oh cruelty, oh woe! D’X

/doublefacepalmsob

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Mordyth.9018

Mordyth.9018

according to thieves your issues are all because you need to L2P.

This is always the case when you have an absurdly imbalanced and beneficially bugged PvP class. It will attract imbeciles who think they’re good players and everyone else isn’t.

Mithrull (TSym) Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Mordyth.9018)

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

the good thieves laugh at how easy it is, its even funnier to get 2 of them properly geared and speced and insta gib anyone in game before they are ever seen.

Be sure to invis for the stomp and then emote.

Really the only trick is picking your emote for the insta dead player.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Roaming thieves are mostly fine, but CnD stealth from animals and critters should be removed for good. Right now it’s just ridiculous, “oh noes i gonna die soon and my CD are spent, wat to do? Oh yes, i just CnD this bunny and run away, i’m so skilled, lololol”

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Qub Pseudon.1645

Qub Pseudon.1645

I believe this guy’s point would be that the Thief Profession is in general a cheap way to get a kill that while can be played with skill is being used also by those without skill to do so. Another point has been made in which case you might learn how to fight/counter the same profession in order to overcome the grief as it might appear. I agree with both argumentz.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: xcavars.5049

xcavars.5049

Rednik, theres nothing wrong with using your environment. It should be encouraged more. If someone, in the heat of a losing battle, sees a way out then why shouldnt they take it? See a low health raptor who got hit from cross fire in the fight youre in and youre down? hit it quickly and rally. If i see something i can use, i will use it. Game mechanics, simple as that.

@ air, you are totally right. Mesmers are my bane on my thief cause i can only hit one target and if i miss a few critical hits in a fight i will lose, and that happens heaps with a mesmer.

Us thieves have our own banes, our own weaknesses and they are ridiculously obvious to those who know about them and spec for them. If you’re losing a 1v1 to the SUPPOSED 1v1 class, why’re you complaining? Stealth is part of the thief game mechanic, much like a mesmer’s clones, necro’s lich and a ranger’s pet. WHY would you hate on their mechanic? Sure you could take it away, then a thief wouldn’t be a thief and you’d probably just move on to the next thing that kills you the most and ask for it to be nerfed cause in all honesty that’s what you people do.

The issue is culling, and will always be culling. In 1v1, i have my fair share of them from ganking, to being ganked, to /bow-duel fights, and yes i agree that they don’t appear straight away, but their animations do and their sounds. Pay more attention and you’ll find them. There are tell-tale signs that you’re hitting a thief or even getting hit by a thief. The extra .5 of a second that a thief doesn’t render shouldn’t matter.

Here’s a checklist:
-See a shadow whisp appear in mid air for no reason but no character? HE’S THERE.
-Hear a whispy sound but no character? HE’S AROUND YOU STILL.
-Your auto-attack is chaning? HE’S THERE.
-You’re losing health? HE’S THERE – EFFING DODGE.

Characters:
Xcavars[End]~Carelinne Condoin[End]~Brianna Condoin[End]~Catrice Degaspi[End]~Tiarra Ferr[End]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Rednik, theres nothing wrong with using your environment. It should be encouraged more. If someone, in the heat of a losing battle, sees a way out then why shouldnt they take it? See a low health raptor who got hit from cross fire in the fight youre in and youre down? hit it quickly and rally. If i see something i can use, i will use it. Game mechanics, simple as that.

Encourage “game mechanics” that can be used by only one profession in the game? I don’t think so.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

such a good old rosik post! gg

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

these thieves in WvW are getting stupid, everywere you go you find one and the fight doesn’t take long because they just stealth up after every single hit -_- ArenaNet fix this in a hotfix and don’t wait until march !

I even know thieves that say that its OP and that admit that i needs a change.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Are the guys claiming that the rendering issue has been fixed trolling, or do they just not spend much time in WvW? I guess all those pistol volley’s and backstabs coming out of thin air for a full 3 seconds before rendering were just in my imagination huh? I guess they were really rendering on the screen, but my eyes just aren’t l33t enough.

I don’t think thieves are nearly as OP as some people claim, but don’t try and claim the rendering isn’t still a problem.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

sostronk.8167

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

The zerg ignored him the entire time. They were clearly bad.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Do you feel better now?

Well I don’t! Here I am, a ranger, roaming about with my forest friends. The utter epitome of ingame squishiness… and all I get in exchange for wanting warm soft hugs from other kittens like me is invisi-shanked in the face! Oh cruelty, oh woe! D’X

/doublefacepalmsob

Rangers are not squishy compared to thieves. In fact im getting around on my thief with 10k health, whilst the average ranger is getting around with twice this much health.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Are the guys claiming that the rendering issue has been fixed trolling, or do they just not spend much time in WvW? I guess all those pistol volley’s and backstabs coming out of thin air for a full 3 seconds before rendering were just in my imagination huh? I guess they were really rendering on the screen, but my eyes just aren’t l33t enough.

I don’t think thieves are nearly as OP as some people claim, but don’t try and claim the rendering isn’t still a problem.

stealth is broken when damage is done.
You can see bullets coming and evade/block them and thief will not render.
This is not a render issue it is how it works.
Ppl complaining against thieves are just ppl that don’t know how the class works and they prefer to come here and QQ instead of L2P.
Here the anti-thief guide:

1. log into the game
  2. roll a thief
  3. use it

Now you are able to counter thieves with the profession you prefer.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The thing about rendering is sure you may see the animations but you rarely get a target… Its quite absurd… and most people I hear griping about how short the revealed debuff is in wvw are ones with very good machines so its still a server issue and not a client issue.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Oh no, you hurt my feelings. I surely stop killing weak players, after what you’ve said.

Frenk – EU
All is vain