Traps?

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Lol pets triggering traps? that will probably make them a ton more useful now in WvW, Ranger job = minesweeper or even trapsweeper.

LOL! That’s what combat engineers are supposed to do!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Regarding Ranger pets triggering the traps, I’m gonna assume you don’t trigger a trap unless you are in a condition to trigger it, i.e., in stealth or carrying supplies. Otherwise the reveal trap would hardly seem worth it and would constantly be getting tripped by people not in stealth and wasted.

The supply-stripping trap should make for some more lengthy sieges, especially at the keeps, where you have to break through outer and inner gates/walls. I can see the traps really kittening up a zerg’s plans. Will be interesting to learn if you can place traps while in stealth.

Good point.

I’d still like to know for sure, though. Especially for the supply trap.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Shadow refuge => run into zerg => bye bye 100 supply

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Zoidberg.2046

Dr Zoidberg.2046

Few things are quite so savory to me as thief tears.

There’s finally a hard counter to stealth and now they are going to lose their kitten. Oh, your core gameplay mechanic has a counter now? How bad that must feel. I main guardian—my core gameplay mechanic is boons and I have a low health pool. You know what counters my core gameplay? Boon stripping and conditions.

So welcome to the club of the rest of us. We meet in the gym after AA on Wednesdays. Bring donuts and paper plates.

We now have virtually no condition removal around those traps. 1 reliable source that removes 1, 1 that is our heal which only removes specific conditions, 1 utility that is meant to be used as a teleport, and 1 on an underwhelming weapon that costs 5/12 initiative to remove 1 condition. So much for trying to allow a variety of builds. If you don’t have condition removal in WvW, you’re dead, especially with thief’s low HP pool.

Meh, that’s a bad argument to try and make your point. Getting a 30s revealed you’re dead is more on point. CD removal is just one thing, there is healing, int regain, blind…(traited of course ) The trap is to make thieves have to pick there battles better. Were not going to be able to just do anything we want, which is fine.

The only thing I might disagree with because of the tra kitten olo taking a camp. If I get a 30s revealed it will effectively reduce my damage making taking a camp much slower. Then again who knows, haven’t seen it in action yet. Either way, good luck non thieves! Hope this trap helps you save some tears for other classes.

We still have dodges and shadowstepping and such to prevent physical damage and bail on a fight if we need to. 1 necro or 2 enemies of virtually any class can put a hell of a lot of conditions on you pretty quickly. Our low HP pool and poor condition removal ensures death since you can’t dodge out of conditions.

J Zoidberg

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

The only change here in sieging keeps and the like is that one player will run ahead to trigger all traps before the zerg comes in.

That will take a fair amount of coordination and communication, to hold the zerg back while one player, then another, then another runs more than 1200 ahead, if you can only trigger the trap while you have supplies. I foresee much berating of noobs in the zerg in the near future.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

The only change here in sieging keeps and the like is that one player will run ahead to trigger all traps before the zerg comes in.

In large groups, yea, but maybe not for smaller roaming groups. Yesterday, me and about 5 other people captured a tower. If there was a trap there, the other team probably would’ve got to us before we got the gate down.

Plus, it might trip up large groups sometimes, too.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

Quite ironic really, this actually gives roaming wvw thieves even more ability to troll large groups.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

It’s not well thought out .. not at all

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

There’s finally a hard counter to stealth and now they are going to lose their kitten. Oh, your core gameplay mechanic has a counter now? How bad that must feel. I main guardian—my core gameplay mechanic is boons and I have a low health pool. You know what counters my core gameplay? Boon stripping and conditions.

So welcome to the club of the rest of us. We meet in the gym after AA on Wednesdays. Bring donuts and paper plates.

We now have virtually no condition removal around those traps. 1 reliable source that removes 1, 1 that is our heal which only removes specific conditions, 1 utility that is meant to be used as a teleport, and 1 on an underwhelming weapon that costs 5/12 initiative to remove 1 condition. So much for trying to allow a variety of builds. If you don’t have condition removal in WvW, you’re dead, especially with thief’s low HP pool.

Meh, that’s a bad argument to try and make your point. Getting a 30s revealed you’re dead is more on point. CD removal is just one thing, there is healing, int regain, blind…(traited of course ) The trap is to make thieves have to pick there battles better. Were not going to be able to just do anything we want, which is fine.

The only thing I might disagree with because of the tra kitten olo taking a camp. If I get a 30s revealed it will effectively reduce my damage making taking a camp much slower. Then again who knows, haven’t seen it in action yet. Either way, good luck non thieves! Hope this trap helps you save some tears for other classes.

We still have dodges and shadowstepping and such to prevent physical damage and bail on a fight if we need to. 1 necro or 2 enemies of virtually any class can put a hell of a lot of conditions on you pretty quickly. Our low HP pool and poor condition removal ensures death since you can’t dodge out of conditions.

I get your point but I don’t use Shadow’s Embrace, so I don’t find it completely necessary. I guess my point was more that stealth its self is our best defense, the traited effects are just bonus.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

1 Nobody knows when a Veil bomb will happen.
2 By the time you know a Veil bomb will happen, it will be too late.
3 It will punish individual roamers before anyone else.
4 Any good mesmer will stealth himself and then trigger the thing before sending everyone else in.

This is a thief, not a mesmer nerf. IMO.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

It’s not well thought out .. not at all

Is anything that anet does for wvw thought out? Orb removal, Breakout, wvw ranks?

Rezz[Invi]

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenu.1960

Xenu.1960

Will be interesting to learn if you can place traps while in stealth.

Just bought one and tried it out with Mass Invisibility and it worked fine. Looks like this will give us solo roamers some new toys to troll groups with.

Sine | [xenu] | Desolation | Shatter mesmer

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I just tested this Supply Trap on a random npc. It did not trigger, atleast on NPCs.

But more importantly, incase you didn’t know, i placed this trap while stealthed. Placing the trap does not break stealth.

So all those Thieves crying this is actually a tool that can be used, above anyone else, by Thieves. Stealth into a zerg, place trap, poof goes their supply. Obviously Thieves needed this.

Traps?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Quite ironic really, this actually gives roaming wvw thieves even more ability to troll large groups.

Unless the zerg puts down a stealth trap then its bye bye thief. TBH any area a zerg is sieging is going to be littered with these traps.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Traps?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Yep, everyone will find ways to trigger the traps beforehand.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Traps?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Thieves will actually be great for this, go into stealth and trigger the traps before the zerg with veil runs in.

Chaba Tangnu

Traps?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

1 Nobody knows when a Veil bomb will happen.
2 By the time you know a Veil bomb will happen, it will be too late.
3 It will punish individual roamers before anyone else.
4 Any good mesmer will stealth himself and then trigger the thing before sending everyone else in.

This is a thief, not a mesmer nerf. IMO.

On veil bomb, your correct saying you don’t know where its coming from. So the only action is if your in a possible situation where you could be viel bombed or even portal bombed (unstealthing that brave mesmer) your zerg just places them all over. Its limited 1 per player at a time. Question though is if it effects siege cap…? Imo it should.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It’s not really a “counter” so much as it is a removal of the “core gameplay mechanic” for 30 seconds.

It’s like creating a trap that strips all boons from guardians prevents the application of boons for 30 seconds, or a trap that prevents elementalists from swapping attunements, or one that prevents the use of utility skills.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

It’s not really a “counter” so much as it is a removal of the “core gameplay mechanic” for 30 seconds.

It’s like creating a trap that strips all boons from guardians prevents the application of boons for 30 seconds, or a trap that prevents elementalists from swapping attunements, or one that prevents the use of utility skills.

Everyone else is already dealing with that. Necros strip all our boons and turn them into conditions. Its called “corrupt boon”. To make that equal to this lil trap….the trap would have to cripple, chill & weaken you too.

Thieves…..lol…..

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Before: ALL ON ME & LETS ROLL!
After: ALL ON ME & 1 guy to run ahead activate all traps!

I mean, just send 1-2 tanky guy ahead of zerg and if I’m right he should activate all traps on his way right? What’s the problem then xD

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

I’m sorry but stealth isn’t thief’s core gameplay mechanic that shouldn’t be countered – it is having initiative counter instead of cooldowns on your spells.

And now about traps – do they cost badges AND karma or one of that two? Anybody tried it yet? Do you even see it when enemy triggers it?

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Anyone in game tell if there is any way to detect a trap? Or are they completely invisible?

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

On second thought the traps remind of our own trip wire trap which is pretty useless cause for multiple people it’s easy to avoid walking into it altogether, if anything it would work well as an anti veil train mechanic. 1200 radius and 30s is excessive though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Regarding Ranger pets triggering the traps, I’m gonna assume you don’t trigger a trap unless you are in a condition to trigger it, i.e., in stealth or carrying supplies. Otherwise the reveal trap would hardly seem worth it and would constantly be getting tripped by people not in stealth and wasted.

The supply-stripping trap should make for some more lengthy sieges, especially at the keeps, where you have to break through outer and inner gates/walls. I can see the traps really kittening up a zerg’s plans. Will be interesting to learn if you can place traps while in stealth.

I highly doubt this. I’m sure they’re triggered by anyone. If it was conditional like you’re suggesting it wouldn’t have a 1200 yard affected range.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Everyone else is already dealing with that. Necros strip all our boons and turn them into conditions. Its called “corrupt boon”. To make that equal to this lil trap….the trap would have to cripple, chill & weaken you too.

Thieves…..lol…..

Except Necros only get to use that once, at which point you can try and counterplay the conditions and reapply your boons. There is no way to remove revealed.

Personally I’m not concerned with people specifically countering a stealth thief with this. People have already pointed out the channel time, the cost, etc. So on that count, I’m fine with someone dropping a trap to finally stop that one thief that keeps stabbing them once then running away. What does worry me is that a thief caught in this trap as collateral damage in a group fight at a tower or something can be hobbled severely for 30 seconds, both in offensive and defensive capabilities.

I don’t think thieves should be immune, but I don’t think adding 30 seconds of revealed is perfect. If they could add something that kept the player visible, but still let them proc traits / skills related to stealth, I’d be a lot less concerned.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Traps?

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

First off, its not a core mechanic. Steal is your core mechanic along with the dual-wield skill. NOT stealth, you just use more stealth then other professions. And using something most of all professions doesnt make it a core mechanic.

Boons isnt the Guardians core mechanic either, d/d Ele has a ton of boons and uptime aswell. Engineer can stack a wide variaty of different boons aswell, and can even build for a consistent 25stacks of Might.

But here’s the thing you, and other Thieves, are crying about. “ow hurrdurr, make traps counter other professions core mechanics!!” Why? There are already plenty of NON-traps that do.
Lets run with the idea that boons is to guardians what stealth is to you. YOU are a Thief, YOU already counter this yourself! Stealing 2 boons at a time with s/d. Necro’s counter it even harder, they can corrupt all boons instantly turning them into conditions. And there are plenty of other abilities and traits that counter Boon-stacking.
Mesmers have illusions, guess what, they can be killed. Before they do anything, and they can also be avoided. Their mechanic as a counter aswell, see?

And the same applies to other comperable mechanics. Everything ingame already has a counter, Stealth was litterally the last thing in this game that did not have a counter to it. And its rediculous it took this long.
Now it does, and its a very expensive one (15 badges, 500 karma and 10 supply, 4sec to Arm). Which is imo still a rediculously poor counter based on its sheer cost and unreliability. Its above all a counter to Veil bombing.

And here’s the funny thing. Traps can be placed while in stealth. So which profession gets to be the one that can place traps unseen in the middle of an enemy zerg? Yah. Traps sure are a huge nerf to Thieves, you just got yet another tool for your WvW arsenal, and you can use it better then anyone.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

30 second revealed debuff.

Is this real life?

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

If you placed a trap in the middle of an engagement with a thief you are basically saying please backstab me. Please unload on me with everything you got. Can the trap be cancelled or if once placing the trap you are stuck there for 4 seconds?

Can a thief strip a player of supplies while invisible? If they can the thief could just strip the player of their supplies and now that player can’t lay a stealth trap down because he doesn’t have 10 supplies.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

Traps?

in WvW

Raf.1078

Thieves…..lol…..

Except Necros only get to use that once, at which point you can try and counterplay the conditions and reapply your boons. There is no way to remove revealed.

Personally I’m not concerned with people specifically countering a stealth thief with this. People have already pointed out the channel time, the cost, etc. What does worry me is that a thief caught in this as collateral damage can be hobbled severely for 30 seconds.

I don’t think thieves should be immune, but I don’t think adding 30 seconds of revealed is perfect. If they could add something that kept the player visible, but still let them proc traits / skills related to stealth, I’d be a lot less concerned.

Temporary retreat is also an option…its only 30 sec. Just cause we can see them doesn’t mean they can’t bowshot away or even hang around and fight. And, if they are glass cannon, maybe its time for a bit of Knights, just in case.

Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I don’t know about you guys, but I will use these traps to troll everybody in the EB JP. Fountains can’t save you now!

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

But here’s the thing you, and other Thieves, are crying about. “ow hurrdurr, make traps counter other professions core mechanics!!” Why? There are already plenty of NON-traps that do.

(…)

And the same applies to other comperable mechanics. Everything ingame already has a counter, Stealth was litterally the last thing in this game that did not have a counter to it. And its rediculous it took this long.

There’s definitely a point in here! But how do you counter 30 seconds of revealed, in a build focused on a stealth 1 attack like backstab or sneak attack? Those skills have been essentially removed from your bar, for 30 seconds. Along with all of your On stealth / While stealthed traits.

I’m actually pretty fine with the possibility of being stuck visible for 30 seconds, but losing access to those tricks is pretty painful, and unless I’m missing something there’s no way to get them back.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t know about you guys, but I will use these traps to troll everybody in the EB JP. Fountains can’t save you now!

Ranger traps already successfully do this and are free. The stealth you get from those fountains is removed when you take damage.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Thieves…..lol…..

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contemplation_of_Purity

Gaurdians … lol

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Iskandor.9415

Iskandor.9415

You seem to have missed the part of the update where the EB JP is now its own map.

Instead, I’m thinking of dropping one of the supply traps… directly onto a supply camp in a contested zone or not-yet-drained tower. Nuke the supply of the people running with the organized groups and make them swipe up supply the organized group desperately needs.

Isquen – Ranger – Ferguson’s Crossing
Sabrina Norofski – Mesmer – Ferguson’s Crossing
Representing Elsendor Militia (who?)

Traps?

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Ranger traps already successfully do this and are free. The stealth you get from those fountains is removed when you take damage.

Yep, I play necro so I also have marks, but with the abundance of thieves they simply just stealth again, and again.. and again… and then they are gone. 30 seconds is more than enough time for me to kill a thief though, and saves me the trouble of having to keep re-casting marks since they last for an hour :p.

Traps?

in WvW

Raf.1078

Thieves…..lol…..

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contemplation_of_Purity

Gaurdians … lol

I welcome the thief traps. Gonna buy a bunch and use em all over the place…cause, basically, I hate thieves……except when I’m playing one, of course.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

Alright, tonight everyone just turtle up in your keeps and towers, with your arrow carts, and we’ll look evil at each other across the expanse. Then it will be, looking at each evilly wars.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

You seem to have missed the part of the update where the EB JP is now its own map.

Instead, I’m thinking of dropping one of the supply traps… directly onto a supply camp in a contested zone or not-yet-drained tower. Nuke the supply of the people running with the organized groups and make them swipe up supply the organized group desperately needs.

Oh man I didn’t think of that. They better put in some code so it can’t be placed right on a supply depot.

Traps?

in WvW

Waffler.1257

I didn’t miss it, have you tested and confirmed that traps do not work in the EB JP?

Traps?

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

There’s definitely a point in here! But how do you counter 30 seconds of revealed, in a build focused on a stealth 1 attack like backstab or sneak attack? Those skills have been essentially removed from your bar, for 30 seconds. Along with all of your On stealth / While stealthed traits.

I’m actually pretty fine with the possibility of being stuck visible for 30 seconds, but losing access to those tricks is pretty painful, and unless I’m missing something there’s no way to get them back.

Again, similar painful counters happen to other professions aswell. And the “counter” (i refuse to even acknowledge it as a viable counter to Thieves) costs 10supply+15badges+500karma. Takes 4seconds to place down, AND ITS NOT THAT BIG.
Its not a “anything Stealth in a 3000range and i go off”-thing. Its a stripe-shape and its incredibly obvious if someone is placing a Trap.

People will place these on chokepoints, not to catch a single Thief, but to catch an entire Zerg using Veil, its a counter to Mesmers!
Are you seriously thinking people will use these just for you? You arent worth 15 badges, 500 karma and 10 supply just to catch you out of stealth.
Those 15 badges buy me 15silver worth of Siege, or gear. I’d rather risk the repaircost fighting you then try to bait you into a trap. Its just much cheaper…

Besides, we all know that if you do trigger it you’ll just run away and there isnt much i could do about it anyway.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Questions:

Is there a visual component to either trap “springing?”

Will the trap spring even if:
A) the person walking over it isn’t stealthed, or
B) the person walking over it doesn’t have any supply?

Does the supply trap count those without supply in the max-20 people count? Is it just a random chance that you get affected?

If these are shaped like a “strip,” it definitely feels like they intended them to be dropped at the doors to keeps and towers.

Traps?

in WvW

Raf.1078

Terrahero’s post is a lot closer to reality. We;ve been dealing with stealthed thieves for nearly a year. They are annoying, but its hardly game breaking to a practical build with some toughness included.

Traps?

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

Questions:

Does the supply trap count those without supply in the max-20 people count? Is it just a random chance that you get affected?

If these are shaped like a “strip,” it definitely feels like they intended them to be dropped at the doors to keeps and towers.

I dont know if it triggers if people dont have supply, or arent in stealth. Im just guessing it doesnt, but if they Trigger there is a clear animation.

f.e. the Supply Trap shows a Tornado (like the Ele Elite) and crates swirling in it.

Traps?

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

^ Yes, 1200 range is lunacy. It should have been 360 radius at the most.

Traps?

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Questions:

I dont know if it triggers if people dont have supply, or arent in stealth. Im just guessing it doesnt, but if they Trigger there is a clear animation.

f.e. the Supply Trap shows a Tornado (like the Ele Elite) and crates swirling in it.

Cool, thanks. In any case, I can definitely see it being a common practice for zergs to have a man run ahead of the group to trip any traps.

Traps?

in WvW

Raf.1078

Again, similar painful counters happen to other professions aswell. And the “counter” (i refuse to even acknowledge it as a viable counter to Thieves) costs 10supply+15badges+500karma. Takes 4seconds to place down, AND ITS NOT THAT BIG.
Its not a “anything Stealth in a 3000range and i go off”-thing. Its a stripe-shape and its incredibly obvious if someone is placing a Trap.

People will place these on chokepoints, not to catch a single Thief, but to catch an entire Zerg using Veil, its a counter to Mesmers!
Are you seriously thinking people will use these just for you? You arent worth 15 badges, 500 karma and 10 supply just to catch you out of stealth.
Those 15 badges buy me 15silver worth of Siege, or gear. I’d rather risk the repaircost fighting you then try to bait you into a trap. Its just much cheaper…

Besides, we all know that if you do trigger it you’ll just run away and there isnt much i could do about it anyway.

I’m not worried about people using it to catch a single thief, I think that fear has been dispelled, thank you. I’m more concerned about the severity of the counter on a thief as collateral damage. If a thief is running in that stealthed group, it’s likely they’ve now lost their best attacks and defensive traits for 30 seconds.

Also, 1200 radius on activation seems big to me.

It just bothers me that once that thief gets caught, in something not even really intended for them, their combat potential is thrown in the crapper. Obviously this doesn’t apply to every thief: non-stealth builds are a thing! But given how thoroughly stealth is implemented through the class, it’s more likely than not that they’ll be losing something beyond the ability to turn invisible.

I dunno. At this point I’ll wait and see, but I’m just concerned that it’s over-punishing.

Thieves can’t fight unless stealthed? Rangers and Engies manage okay….besides its only 30 seconds.

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

We need traps that hit their weak points for massive damage.

Oh godz… the memes are overtaking me…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Traps?

in WvW

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Summary

The traps can be triggered regardless if you have supply or are stealthed. 30 sec reveal debuff for the stealth trap and 5 supply taken for the other trap. You can place traps while in stealth. Yes they affect an AoE area. NPC’s do not set them off.

Traps cost 10 supply, 500 karma and 15 badges.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

Traps?

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

We need traps that hit their weak points for massive damage.

Oh godz… the memes are overtaking me…

Coming soon: Ascended Cups, to protect your weak points.

Traps?

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Summary

The traps can be triggered regardless if you have supply or are stealthed. 30 sec reveal debuff for the stealth trap and 10 supply taken for the other trap. You can place traps while in stealth. Yes they affect an AoE area. NPC’s do not set them off.

Traps cost 10 supply, 500 karma and 15 badges.

Perfect. Thanks. I definitely predict people running ahead of groups, preferably without supply, setting off traps along the way.

Sounds like it’s a pretty standard ANet tool in that respect. Pretty nasty in some circumstances. Learn to play…and it’s not much of a threat.