Update of Glory or The End of WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dico.4815

Dico.4815

Hello. For now thank you for entering at this topic, maybe you still interested in WvW.
Everyone that plays WVW knows that the population of itself fell around 90% in recent months, a lot of guilds were tired from WVW and went to pve while the other guilds left the game. The WwW was to be epic but everyone are tired of spend money and don’t get rewards.
Further we can now realize the total disregard of ArenaNet that only strives to make events ( Halloween, Wintersday ) and don’t try to animate the WvW again with good
mechanisms that make sense. Where is the orb ?
I just wanted to hear from others because my sever always been tier 1 and the scenery is really boring around here. For now I guess we can only hope that the February update mentioned by arena net re create a new WVW in Guild wars 2 or will be the end.

Thank you .

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

ANet is obviously having a LOT of trouble due to the way they’ve configured their systems.

I doubt the orbs will ever return. If they do, hackers will find new ways to grab them. The orbs weren’t worth it anyway as they would make an already powerful server even more powerful and harder to kill.

If you are bored, go check out other servers on lower tiers. There’s still time to return to your server for free . . . for now.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

If you are bored, go check out other servers on lower tiers. There’s still time to return to your server for free . . . for now.

Lower tiers are not more fun as you go down. They’re just more unbalanced as far as population goes.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Dico.4815

ANet is obviously having a LOT of trouble due to the way they’ve configured their systems.

I doubt the orbs will ever return. If they do, hackers will find new ways to grab them. The orbs weren’t worth it anyway as they would make an already powerful server even more powerful and harder to kill.

I didn’t go to other sever , I am tier 1 since the game start.

in WvW

Dico.4815

Lower tiers are not more fun as you go down. They’re just more unbalanced as far as population goes.

Exactly .. the tier 1 is really boring think up others

(edited by Dico.4815)

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Gonna disagree. We’ve hit every tier on the way down, and I’ve never had an un-fun week on WvW, even when we’re exceptionally outmanned. Now that we’re in T7, our tier is balanced and this week was fun for all 3 servers (Check the HoD GoM SF thread if you don’t believe me)

Also: Lower tiers have not had 90% of their players leave. For the past month, we’ve seemed to experience light population growth each week, we may hold even but we’re definitely not getting smaller. And this is coming from a “dead server” as far as the rest of you all are concerned.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Also: Lower tiers have not had 90% of their players leave. For the past month, we’ve seemed to experience light population growth each week, we may hold even but we’re definitely not getting smaller. And this is coming from a “dead server” as far as the rest of you all are concerned.

I’ve noticed either people are leaving for low tier servers or they are bandwagonning in the T1 servers…

honestly though T1 is going to start seeing an exodus of players since crap like this happens

Attachments:

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

I’ve noticed either people are leaving for low tier servers or they are bandwagonning in the T1 servers…

I’d believe it completely. If you look at when the lower tiers get unbalanced, it’s usually when large WvW guilds transfer down all at once. Every couple weeks, one server gets a wave of transfers and rockets up the rankings from bandwagoning. If upper tiers are constantly losing players to this I’d see how it would seem populations are dropping for them and growing for us.

vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Dico.4815

I’d believe it completely. If you look at when the lower tiers get unbalanced, it’s usually when large WvW guilds transfer down all at once. Every couple weeks, one server gets a wave of transfers and rockets up the rankings from bandwagoning. If upper tiers are constantly losing players to this I’d see how it would seem populations are dropping for them and growing for us.

WM left SBI and went to Kaineng

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Gonna disagree. We’ve hit every tier on the way down, and I’ve never had an un-fun week on WvW, even when we’re exceptionally outmanned.

This seems like an Oxymoron to me ^

I mean, I guess there are some people who enjoy getting stomped on by a much larger force, but I just don’t see the fun in it.

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Gonna disagree. We’ve hit every tier on the way down, and I’ve never had an un-fun week on WvW, even when we’re exceptionally outmanned.

This seems like an Oxymoron to me ^

I mean, I guess there are some people who enjoy getting stomped on by a much larger force, but I just don’t see the fun in it.

If your fun in WvW is dependent on winning every week you’re going to have a bad time. No server can win every week, and even if they could, that would get boring real quick. Ask us, we can tell you all about it.

In our previous match-up against GoM we were outmanned 2:1 in our own borderlands, and held nothing on any other map. We held out successfully for 12 hours in a constant siege of Bay. Many on the server described it as the most fun they’ve ever had in WvW. Sure, at the end of the week we lost by a couple hundred thousand, but we had fun the whole time.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

All in all im still having a blast in wvwvw,but tbh im getting Really Really tired of the culling issue wich seems to be getting worse and worse lately.Plus the thiefs issue, offc,but yeah i do hope they come with some new content for wvwv just to make it more interesting,plus maybe some better rewards or something,always nice to play for something other then pure kills since most of us dont have any use of badges besides buying some siege offc.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Everyone that plays WVW knows that the population of itself fell around 90% in recent months, a lot of guilds were tired from WVW and went to pve while the other guilds left the game. .

Really having a hard time finding these surveys and statistics you’re bring up. Want to elaborate how everyone knows this?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

OP, what server are you on? Are you tired of being beaten in T1 WvWvW? Is that what this thread is really about?

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Are you bored with WvW?

Rather disappointingly WvW has gotten little to no <3 from ArenaNet. Significant updates are supposed to happen in February (6 months after game release).

Don’t even get me started on ‘break out’ events, it’s just compensating for a broken mechanic.

Anyways, if you want a challenge then drop a tier or 2 and try to help that server get up. It’s probably the only realistic thing you can do if tier 1 is boring for you.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

OP, what server are you on? Are you tired of being beaten in T1 WvWvW? Is that what this thread is really about?

…Yea, I can see the op now, I mean, its fun to be fighting people in your spawn point…..

Attachments:

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Dico.4815

Everyone that plays WVW knows that the population of itself fell around 90% in recent months, a lot of guilds were tired from WVW and went to pve while the other guilds left the game. .

Really having a hard time finding these surveys and statistics you’re bring up. Want to elaborate how everyone knows this?

I really don’t need answer players like you but one of the best guilds of WvW is War machine and the leader of WM wrote that they lost 950 players.. I am tier 1 and I can’t find anyone in the maps in some moments of the day

in WvW

Dico.4815

This thread is about the end of wvw and I am not being beaten in T1 sorry man.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

If your fun in WvW is dependent on winning every week you’re going to have a bad time.

It’s not about winning, it’s about having a chance to win. It’s about having a fair fight, not 20 people holding against 100 in a losing cause, and then patting yourself on the back about how fun it is to hold onto one keep. I mean, if THAT’s the most fun you’ve had in WvW that really should tell you something.

And then there’s the other side of the coin, when you’re the server on top and you run around PvDoor with little resistence. I think some of you are just in denial about the state of this game.

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

I really don’t need answer players like you but one of the best guilds of WvW is War machine and the leader of WM wrote that they lost 950 players.. I am tier 1 and I can’t find anyone in the maps in some moments of the day

Never heard of War Machine, but if losing that many people was so devastating, how is it your server is still T1? More imporantly, this is already 2 degrees of heresay and for all I know they left to join new better guilds. The point is, what you think “everybody knows” is really just what you and your circle of friends percieve. That doesn’t make your perception less valid than truth, but it does make it an opinion and not a fact.

in WvW

Dico.4815

Never heard of War Machine, but if losing that many people was so devastating, how is it your server is still T1? More imporantly, this is already 2 degrees of heresay and for all I know they left to join new better guilds. The point is, what you think “everybody knows” is really just what you and your circle of friends percieve. That doesn’t make your perception less valid than truth, but it does make it an opinion and not a fact.

You don’t understand that tier 1 is really boring ? Is really difficult see good fights, actually Jade Quarry and SBI are like : kitten this we will carry on in tier 1 while SoS think: kitten this we will carry on the firs. Today what is the difference between tier 1 or 8 ? Fail system ..

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

There is alot of difference, you should leave and try out some other servers. Tier 2 is extremely competitive with no spawn camping. Oceanic can get a bit one sided with BG having that timezone covered, but when they popped into t1 even they were suppressed and knocked back down to better population and coverage. This means, unless T1 has changed quite drastically in a couple weeks, which is possible, that T1 remains as near a 24/7 population-coverage as the game currently has to offer, and if that should change, the T2 servers will slowly move up and take their places.

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

If your fun in WvW is dependent on winning every week you’re going to have a bad time.

It’s not about winning, it’s about having a chance to win. It’s about having a fair fight, not 20 people holding against 100 in a losing cause, and then patting yourself on the back about how fun it is to hold onto one keep. I mean, if THAT’s the most fun you’ve had in WvW that really should tell you something.

I’ve been on HoD doing WvW since BWE1, when we actually also sucked at WvW, so you’ll understand that my experiences in WvW span the gauntlet. I also remember Tier 1 well from during the TA days. Without a shadow of a doubt, this was more fun than anything that was going on at the time.

What does it say about me?

That I think defending is the best part of WvW? It might be.
That I enjoy fighting again the odds and being the underdog? Likely.
That Helm’s Deep was my favorite scene in LotR? It’s definitely a possibility, Pelennor Fields was good too, let’s be honest.

Seriously though, is there actually something that’s more fun than epically holding off an insurmountable horde with a small group? I’m pretty sure this may be one of the highlights of WvW as it was intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Tier 1 is far too tactical and the one week I was on Sea of Sorrows I hated it. Spent most of the week in PvE.

Swirling wind chains, golem bubble chains, treb vs treb action, while these tactics are logically sound and do help with tower captures they are extremely boring to me and take the ’fun’ out of WvW.

All games are like this unfortunately, at the highest levels winning becomes more important than having fun. It’s really an awful way to play the game.

That said, look at the forum thread for Tier 2 which gets to 15 pages every week. That Tier has almost as much population as the Tier 1 servers without all the tactical bullkitten that goes on in Tier 1. I really think Tier 2 is where it’s at these days in WvW.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Seriously though, is there actually something that’s more fun than epically holding off an insurmountable horde with a small group?

Yes. A week long battle in which holding that keep makes an impact.

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Don’t discount Tier 3 though either. There is just as much action there it just happens to empty out as soon as primetime is over, which is fine for people who just enjoy constant fighting when they are on. Guilds on FA and CD really appreciate kiling the zerg more than taking their tower so the fights get intense. And screw bubble chains when you can enjoy Tier 3’s 20 to 40 golem pushes lol. Its good times.

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Seriously though, is there actually something that’s more fun than epically holding off an insurmountable horde with a small group?

Yes. A week long battle in which holding that keep makes an impact.

We happen to be having one of those right now, check it for yourself http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA. It’s certainly been a fun week, probably one of my favorites. Less to do with the score though and more to do with GoM and SF, both of whom I enjoy fighting.

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on this, but I can assure you of one thing. A large number of players enjoy it in the lower tiers. We have strong, close knit communities. Our guilds mostly number under 100, and regulars recognize most of the WvW population on any given night. Sufficed to say, we have fun.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on this, but I can assure you of one thing. A large number of players enjoy it in the lower tiers.

I think the difference in opinion also includes what one considers a “large number of players”.

in WvW

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Clearly we have a difference of opinion on this, but I can assure you of one thing. A large number of players enjoy it in the lower tiers.

I think the difference in opinion also includes what one considers a “large number of players”.

Har Har. Is funny because there are no players in T7 and T8. Is also funny because no one would willingly transfer to T7 or T8 (because they’re empty, dead servers), especially when they can transfer in to T1 for free.

Seriously though, troll harder brah. I’m sure the collective communities of GoM, SF, HoD, Kaineng, FC and ET all agree that they contain “small” numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Swirling wind chains, golem bubble chains, treb vs treb action, while these tactics are logically sound and do help with tower captures they are extremely boring to me and take the ‘fun’ out of WvW.

All games are like this unfortunately, at the highest levels winning becomes more important than having fun. It’s really an awful way to play the game.

Here’s the difference between you as a player, and those with what you experienced. They’re playing the actual game, while you’re playing up some made up version with your own rules at play. You can talk about your own fun all day long, but the fact is that those in T1 running their crazy chains etc are playing to win. Winning is the goal. Winning in itself is fun. In fact, I have no doubt you enjoy whatever game it is you play. However they are playing on a level you don’t seem to grasp, and the fun they’re having, pulling off the things that they are, winning within the actual framework of the actual game, is a level of fun that cannot be obtained any other way. They’re playing to win, and having far more fun doing it than you will ever understand.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Har Har. Is funny because there are no players in T7 and T8. Is also funny because no one would willingly transfer to T7 or T8 (because they’re empty, dead servers), especially when they can transfer in to T1 for free.

Seriously though, troll harder brah. I’m sure the collective communities of GoM, SF, HoD, Kaineng, FC and ET all agree that they contain “small” numbers.

This wasn’t much of a response to be honest. Funny it’s ok for you to have a different opinion than me, but when I express my opinion I’m trolling?

What you seem to miss here is that what you consider a large number of players is in fact very small. Especially considering the number of player per server who don’t take part in WvW at all.

The MMO market has the potential to bring in millions of players. Sadly, this version of WvW is not apealing to a large number of them. But like I said a few posts up… some of you are simply in denial about the state of the game.