Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

I read what I reply to, and I’m pointing that your answers are just the ones of deluded people trying to invent a game that doesn’t exist.

Sadly for you, Casta, I’m a prime-time player, so my mighty Necromancer is just wiping her sylvari feet on faces.

And sadly for you Wolfheart, I play for my fun, not for yours.
I also invite you to check the scores during prime-time, your god-almighty-PGM-timeframe, and to come back to me with “not being good at other aspects of WvW”. It’s been said over and over and over again that VS, contrary to your beliefs, is not weak in prime-time (when playing). You’re just trying to invent a new world where everything is a good excuse to justify your old counter-performances and glorify your newly found strength – which, to say the least, impressive if you are a SFR player.

(edited by Leorcyn.1063)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’m glad that you are playing for your fun, and if a sizeable bunch on your server finds golem rushing empty keeps fun then more power to them! To me though that’s cheap (doesn’t earn you my respect) and makes for non-pleasent matches (doesn’t make me like you). There, we have solved the mystery of “why so much VZ hate”. No hard feelings, just pointing that out.

Oh and by the way, it doesn’t help your cause at all when you elevate what is merely nightcapping to some kind of evolution or superior gaming or whatever.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

I’m glad that you are playing for your fun, and if a sizeable bunch on your server finds golem rushing empty keeps fun then more power to them! To me though that’s cheap (doesn’t earn you my respect) and makes for non-pleasent matches (doesn’t make me like you). There, we have solved the mystery of “why so much VZ hate”. No hard feelings, just pointing that out.

Oh and by the way, it doesn’t help your cause at all when you elevate what is merely nightcapping to some kind of evolution or superior gaming or whatever.

Never said anywhere that “night-capping” was superior gaming. It’s just gaming, and it took other servers longer than VS to realize that.
Your cute, and sadly reductive, example of one VS action to make it look like it’s a regular thing on VS, is just the tree hiding the forest.
Sometimes, if you want the first spot, you have to take the points where they are. Is it the most fun we have in the match-up ? For some it might be, for others it is not. Who cares ? Who are you to judge ?
If one commander decided he wanted a golem rush and its squad said yay, why the eff would they do otherwise ? For your pleasure ? For the sake of not-taking-points-because-we’ll-be-called-names-on-the-forums ? Please.

In my opinion, which is very personal, you did not have fun playing against VS, because what you thought was the game, what you really believed deep down was the game …. was not the game. And some weeks you lost believing you did all the right things, you wrecked some VS zergs being twice your numbers, you killed a 5-man party by yourself…

I might be wrong, but I don’t believe for one second that SFR and Deso spent weeks or months building themselves to be perfectly able to counter VS to play the not-fun game in T1 (which they are atm, if we are using your standard for defining “fun” and “not fun”)
Nope, those servers built themselves to win. Because that’s what the game is about, and because winning is fun. If the fun was in T8 (or in T2), why bother ?
The whole thing is a bit hypocritical.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Never said anywhere that “night-capping” was superior gaming. It’s just gaming, and it took other servers longer than VS to realize that.
Your cute, and sadly reductive, example of one VS action to make it look like it’s a regular thing on VS, is just the tree hiding the forest.
Sometimes, if you want the first spot, you have to take the points where they are. Is it the most fun we have in the match-up ? For some it might be, for others it is not. Who cares ? Who are you to judge ?
If one commander decided he wanted a golem rush and its squad said yay, why the eff would they do otherwise ? For your pleasure ? For the sake of not-taking-points-because-we’ll-be-called-names-on-the-forums ? Please.

In my opinion, which is very personal, you did not have fun playing against VS, because what you thought was the game, what you really believed deep down was the game …. was not the game. And some weeks you lost believing you did all the right things, you wrecked some VS zergs being twice your numbers, you killed a 5-man party by yourself…

I might be wrong, but I don’t believe for one second that SFR and Deso spent weeks or months building themselves to be perfectly able to counter VS to play the not-fun game in T1 (which they are atm, if we are using your standard for defining “fun” and “not fun”)
Nope, those servers built themselves to win. Because that’s what the game is about, and because winning is fun. If the fun was in T8 (or in T2), why bother ?
The whole thing is a bit hypocritical.

Considering the consensus reached by multiple servers that have fought Vizunah and the overall agreement between pretty much all that Vizunah’s play style is not only boring/not fun it is also damaging to the games entire ethos based around people fighting each other as opposed to blue-balling their enemies and focusing entirely on the aspect of taking undefended keeps/towers while they owners sleep.

I don’t see how anyone can feasibly defend this position, especially someone who is able to construct a post on a forum.

If you consider attacking doors on keeps fun and with it being the only thing that wins you “tier 1” (which ironically wins you nothing) then why play this game? There are many games out there that provide you far more of a return for your investment of time than GuildWars 2 does.

Thankfully the game seems to be going in a direction that encourages guilds to fight each-other now as opposed to the stagnancy proposed by some on Vizunah so lets hope this continues.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Awesome, epic monster battle with mixed Vizunians versus Bull+DsD at VS Garrison. 30+Min, i had goosebumps on some actions. Many thank’s

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.3412

Shifty.3412

Awesome, epic monster battle with mixed Vizunians versus Bull+DsD at VS Garrison. 30+Min, i had goosebumps on some actions. Many thank’s

Yep! That fight was intense! We were in there a long time and both sides got a lot of kills, kudos to VS for pulling off a great defence in the end.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Had alot of fun tonight, many great fights, so thks to sfr and viz for that, especially the 3 way fight in Deso garrison 2/3 hours ago, sfr did an amazing job contesting that circle for over 20 mins.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I’m just happy SFR is getting the morning karma instead of VS. Nice to see a dent in VS morale, hopefully enough to drop them to T2 eventually.. even though they would probably be green in T1 the next week because they tripled everybody’s score in T2. Awesome matchup so far.

in Match-ups

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

IRON do you force your people to contest Garrison 24/7 ? what the hell… We always have scouts at that time, we don´t need garrison WP to defend our towers and you don´t even try Garrison! You are just being annoying come on… Let your people enjoy the game!

Actually people love your response and they volunteer to do the job. i’ll have to tell the guys you said thanks, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpazzimusPrime.4817

SpazzimusPrime.4817

lol all this hate is downright silly. If u guys would just calm down and let the game be a game. Anyone with some sense realize it is pretty kittened for the other servers to play against french server with the extreme amount of unemployed people!

Also, i dont understand why either viz or sfr are so kitteny. Dont forget deso always been outnumbered and still been top 2 server for months, and you guys knows what happens when we face of in equal numbers. Today i had to empty my 120 slot bag 4 times.

Nice three-way in SM earlier today! Lag was extreme xD

____→DVG LEADER<-____
www.DVG-GUILD.com
DESOLATION BORN AND RAISED

(edited by SpazzimusPrime.4817)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Posts like the above , create temper between Sfr and Deso. Although i know that he doenst reflect Deso’s opinion , i cant just leave it unreplied . Firstly , is not kind to use troll words like unemployed ,because we dont simple like their way of doing WvW….Yes we want them out of T1 cause of that, but comments like “unemployed people” are @least childish. Second , because i dont know , would you like to show me ,what will happens with equal numbers? Anyone can hide behind the anonymity and say things, but a “Macho” guy should always back up his words……Sfr has plenty of guilds, if you want to back up your words! Just saying…

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

lol all this hate is downright silly. If u guys would just calm down and let the game be a game. Anyone with some sense realize it is pretty kittened for the other servers to play against french server with the extreme amount of unemployed people!

Also, i dont understand why either viz or sfr are so kitteny. Dont forget deso always been outnumbered and still been top 2 server for months, and you guys knows what happens when we face of in equal numbers. Today i had to empty my 120 slot bag 4 times.

Nice three-way in SM earlier today! Lag was extreme xD

What happens with equal numbers? cuz i don’t really know.We on SFR won’t ever make a 90 man blob of everyone on the map just to make a few kills.Instead our groups with 30-40 players tops(half of them pugs)always do the work as intended.

Good fighting,too bad you on deso sure make some terrible lag with your new “tactic”

Today i had to empty my 120 slot bag 4 times.

I raise you that to 6 times 120 bag slots and i only played maybe 2 hours .Let’s see the cards now

PS: A lot of respect for everyone else and guilds on deso not trolling this bad.Today we met our old comrades from Piken ,AFTL, in a quick skirmish in bay.Welcome to tier 1 guys and was fun to meet you again.If you manage to drive pass the terrible trolling you will have a blast on the field.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flashlight.3125

Flashlight.3125

Sarcx can you next time wave back at me, just out of decency?
With love from deso borderland!
The outmanned commander in QL.

PS: Sorry we couldn’t make a fair fight out of it.

Blue Flashlight
OMNI Commander, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

If you manage to drive pass the terrible trolling you will have a blast on the field.

Haha, I think this could be replaced with : Don’t visit this thread ever again :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Soira.7419

Soira.7419

Posts like the above , create temper between Sfr and Deso. Although i know that he doenst reflect Deso’s opinion , i cant just leave it unreplied . Firstly , is not kind to use troll words like unemployed ,because we dont simple like their way of doing WvW….Yes we want them out of T1 cause of that, but comments like “unemployed people” are @least childish. Second , because i dont know , would you like to show me ,what will happens with equal numbers? Anyone can hide behind the anonymity and say things, but a “Macho” guy should always back up his words……Sfr has plenty of guilds, if you want to back up your words! Just saying…

You have a point it is a troll post and it does create bad temper between sfr and deso, although probably some of the bad temper has already been created in the previous days/week.

It does not represent Deso’s opinion, it also does not represent Iron’s opinion, in case you ’re wondering “Eternal Iron” is a sister guild that plays exclusively in EB.

I get the feeling that some of the times a native Sfr comments on liking Deso they subtly make a distinction between the server and my guild and it makes me genuinely sad, for non natives it doesnt interest me that much.
About the “90 man blobs and tactics” i keep seeing, dont know what to really say to that, i hope one day people will realise those numbers dont exist and stop exaggerating.

Sorry for commenting on more stuff than what your quoted post contained, try to ignore the forum warriors i guess, even though i understand its difficult at times.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

IRON do you force your people to contest Garrison 24/7 ? what the hell… We always have scouts at that time, we don´t need garrison WP to defend our towers and you don´t even try Garrison! You are just being annoying come on… Let your people enjoy the game!

Actually people love your response and they volunteer to do the job. i’ll have to tell the guys you said thanks, lol

Really?
Its usually the same thief all the time.
I can understand the tagging if you want to go for bay or hills , but even when we just got our towers he keeps tagging

Last night the IRON thief took a break, and i thought i could finally stop scouting , but then a Viz thief came todo the same thing

I am one of the persons thats usually hanging around garrison , and the IRON thief really got me thinking.
I mean , how much fun can you have tagging a garrison every 3mins for like 4hrs a day? :S

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

Considering the consensus reached by multiple servers that have fought Vizunah and the overall agreement between pretty much all that Vizunah’s play style is not only boring/not fun it is also damaging to the games entire ethos based around people fighting each other as opposed to blue-balling their enemies and focusing entirely on the aspect of taking undefended keeps/towers while they owners sleep.

I don’t see how anyone can feasibly defend this position, especially someone who is able to construct a post on a forum.

If you consider attacking doors on keeps fun and with it being the only thing that wins you “tier 1” (which ironically wins you nothing) then why play this game? There are many games out there that provide you far more of a return for your investment of time than GuildWars 2 does.

Thankfully the game seems to be going in a direction that encourages guilds to fight each-other now as opposed to the stagnancy proposed by some on Vizunah so lets hope this continues.

While I personally do agree with you, fighting is fun, I also like sieging (mostly when some people are here to defend the structure).
Nonetheless, you or me do not decide what is fun for people. If they do it, it’s because they find something in it, being the sense of accomplishment, the satisfaction to win or perhaps just the joy of running in a beautiful battlefield with their awesome shiny licorn-shooting bow.

The vast consensus reached by forum trolls and some decent forum users is just fuelled by jealousy (I was trying to get the previous guy to that point, but it seems I was too implicit) – jealousy of the result, not the style.
Do not get me wrong, jealousy is a good thing, untill a certain point where it just turns into hatred, and I’m pointing to Sacrx for the example. Jealousy makes people act and think and sets things in motion.
It’s good.

There is sadly a fine line that has been crossed by too many.
And justifying not being in the first spot for months because of “I decided it’s a lame strategy”, is not working in the real world. (I’m being awfully reductive for the sake of mutual understanding, don’t be too picky on the terms used).

We on VS know perfectly well what we did, what it took us to get to where we are now. And just as someone says “we will end up, somehow, with a peacefull mind”. Because we did nothing wrong, and we would do it again.

This is where your reasoning is wrong (for me, but I guess Anet’s statements prove me right) :

damaging to the games entire ethos based around people fighting each other

The game is definitely not based around people fighting each other. It’s based on servers, fighting together, to be on the first spot. And, in that regard, VS has never been damaging to anyone. Except to egos, I mean. If your life revolves around fighting each other, you still have the option to fight with the other groups. You’ve been doing some GvG, VS did not “damage” your ability to do so.

I don’t know what will happen in the next weeks, but if SFR tends to stay the leading force on our side of the pond, they will probably get their fair share of bashing. And my theory about jealousy, which is basically just saying we’re all humans, will prove right. It already started.

(edited by Leorcyn.1063)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I hear you Chiolas but so, what about people who can only play at night or morning?

There is still the problem that they – who often fight undefended keeps or way lesser numbers – are rewarded in the same way as people who fight against other players during primetime, and thus are more effective by making a lesser effort, that is just not fair

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Doing a PvE dungeon or sPvP is more challenging and fun than nightcapping against no players. The essence that allows player to have fun in WvWvW is the fight between players. If I woke up at 8am and decided to play and there would be no opposition doing WvWvW I’d rather do Arah’s for fun than bash on doors.

Vizuna has been carried by players who love to bash on doors to being known as the EU number one ranked WvWvW server. Look at the income history of Vizunah in every one of their matchups. And you ask why people, who consider WvWvW to be essentially about a fight between players don’t like your server?

Do you comprehend how ridiculous it is that more points are generated between 4-12am by people who take empty keeps by killing doors than by people who take fully defended keeps at 8pm? And you ask why people who like fighting dislike Vizunah?

People should know by now wvw is not about the pvp or large scale pvp, even that is incredibly flawed with the culling, blobs and lag and is secondary to defending/sieging/capping things for points for the tick, we will soon be getting a progression/rewards system which rewards us for kills anyway. One thing that anet seems happy with is off peak points being earned without much resistance making it disproportional to points earned at peak I think is not right, I am one who wants to play for the challenge and fun and that is with/against skilled and or organized groups of people rather than win at all costs like that but I do not begrudge people who do it cause it is how it is.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

VS ticking +495, 250/250 camps everywhere I go. Seems like they’re back on track.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

And when you play at night and repaint the maps you are just proud of it and brag about it.

Shame on you.

This part made me laugh
Well done

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reduktion.5791

Reduktion.5791

and you guys knows what happens when we face of in equal numbers.

and this is totaly absurd!
SFR is one of the best-scilled-player-server next after or before piken (maybe was).
And this exactly is the reason why i played there since release.
If i see equal members – i ever see winning us.
Only, and rly only if there is the (Big-)IRON-Squad – we are losing sometimes. You could also say IRON=Deso.

VZ is a fair opponent in my view. I wish i could see a Desolation that is fighting sometimes against VZ instead only against us and fall in our back and cover VZ towers. Only VZ have the courage to attack routinely both enemys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

so much vs hypocrisy flying around >_<
stop this forum last stand, show your spirit in game

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

And when you play at night and repaint the maps you are just proud of it and brag about it.

Shame on you.

This part made me laugh
Well done

You complain cuz your opponents play at night and you brag when you play at night, this is ridiculous.

What else ?

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

in Match-ups

Shifty.3412

and you guys knows what happens when we face of in equal numbers.

and this is totaly absurd!
SFR is one of the best-scilled-player-server next after or before piken (maybe was).
Only, and rly only if there is the (Big-)IRON-Squad – we are losing sometimes. You could also say IRON=Deso.

VZ is a fair opponent in my view. I wish i could see a Desolation that is fighting sometimes against VZ instead only against us and fall in our back and cover VZ towers. Only VZ have the courage to attack routinely both enemys.

All servers have skilled players, SFR just has a lot of guilds and a lot of bandwagoners.

And yes IRON is an important part of Deso, but to say that IRON=Deso is a bit offensive to all the other guilds that do WvW here.

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

Shame on you.

This part made me laugh
Well done

You complain cuz your opponents play at night and you brag when you play at night, this is ridiculous.

I never complained , but i think you just did?

I only hunt garrison thieves

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Reduktion.5791

but to say that IRON=Deso is a bit offensive to all the other guilds that do WvW here.

Try it out. I prognosticate if you send IRON in holiday or IRON leave Desolation, this Server drops immediately in T2-3. Moreover, i think Deso is the new Blacktide if IRON would do this. IRON is the biggest Guild i have ever seen in gw2 and in addition to this, its a guild which have i high amount of scilled players. Far more than i can see elsewhere on Desolation. It sounds hard, but its my only perception until now of Deso and the Big-IRON.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

So you say you beat every deso guild with even numbers all the time?

You could also say IRON=Deso.

Thats not very respectfull vs all the other guilds and players.
Without the other guilds deso would a tier 3-5 server lol.
Its a 24/7 game and its about coverage.

You really have to play more wvw if thats your “perception” .
Because its bullkitten

(edited by Oeps Rolls Necro.2594)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I speak for myself personally so please don’t think I speak for any guild or server.

I will attempt to explain why I dislike fighting against Vizunah. I do not think that I’m a very unusual kind of player so it might be possible that other people dislike it for the same reasons.

I have found that whenever I run with friends in WvW that I mostly see the backs of Vizunah players (whether we outnumber them or not, usually we do not). Maybe it is just all the culling but I have the distinct impression that when they should be able to see me that they run to the nearest keep our tower. While you can do whatever you want in this game and I cannot limit you in this way, I hope that you understand that this ruins a large part of the fun of the game for me. The dozens of arrowcarts do not increase my personal joy in this game either but I guess that that is just a personal preference to fighting people who are not on or behind walls. (It makes it even worse that a couple of bad apples use those arrowcarts to cheat, we all have them. It just seems like they are more visible or numerous on Vizunah)

How does nightcapping fit into this? That’s easy, it just perpetuates the style of not fighting actual enemies and it makes it a lot easier for people to run to towers that are now upgraded and just more difficult to force players out of.

Why stay in T1 then? Fighting people and having intense battles can also be very competitive. It is no fun that if you fight your way up a couple of tiers with this style that end up at what is supposed to be the “best” and most competitive tier just to find that the game in that Tier is vastly different because of one single server.

I will also say that if I had made this post several weeks ago that I would have added that the insane Vizunah blobs were ruining it for me. I remember my first week against Vizunah, I hardly ever saw a Vizunah group with less than 60+ (often a lot more than that) and not ever (not even once) did I see a group with less than 40. That is no longer such a big issue now as Vizunah seems to have toned down their insane zerging while all other servers have increased it. It is now at a point where the zerging across all servers is almost equal.

These are the reasons why I would find it very enjoyable to no longer have Vizunah in T1. If people who are responding to this post are now going to tell me that I’m a liar and that Vizunah does not run from fight or has never zerged, please don’t. It just makes you look silly.

People asked for the reasons their opponents had for not wanting to play against them and I have given those. I hope I did not offend anyone with this post, that was not my intention.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

Honest question : Have you considered sPvP ?

The French Flair [FF]

in Match-ups

Shifty.3412

but to say that IRON=Deso is a bit offensive to all the other guilds that do WvW here.

Try it out. I prognosticate if you send IRON in holiday or IRON leave Desolation, this Server drops immediately in T2-3. Moreover, i think Deso is the new Blacktide if IRON would do this. IRON is the biggest Guild i have ever seen in gw2 and in addition to this, its a guild which have i high amount of scilled players. Far more than i can see elsewhere on Desolation. It sounds hard, but its my only perception until now of Deso and the Big-IRON.

IRON is around 300 people (might be less i’m not sure), Deso has plenty of guilds with 400-500 people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Honest question : Have you considered sPvP ?

I have, though thank you for suggesting it. sPvP is a bit limited as there is no way to fight with larger kind of groups like 20v20 or a bit more even. Also the big battlefields where enemies (2 groups of them even) can be hiding behind any corner makes it a lot more thrilling and fun. To me the objectives (keeps, towers, camps) are just a way to get these groups together and provide for an excuse to fight eachother. Not an excuse to not have to fight.

I cannot fault you for the way you play the game, but you cannot fault me for preferring to not have Vizunah in T1 because of it.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Man, ya’ll still way too obsessed.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I seen (and fight against) all servers from EU ladder and half of US ladder. I seen skilled players, skilled groups, skilled guilds. But i never seen skilled server. And SFR is not exception.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

And yes IRON is an important part of Deso, but to say that IRON=Deso is a bit offensive to all the other guilds that do WvW here.

I would have to agree with Shifty on this one. No doubt we are a large guild. But by no means are we deso, there are many awesome guilds on this server, who have done as much if not more than iron in getting deso to where it is now.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Reduktion.5791

Nevertheless i have a great respect how IRON is organize the server resistance and is recruiting not a few good player above average. There must be some good leaders inside!

And i have to say, i m disappointed that Wrench Crowbar has left us for Desolation. His Leadership was part of our success with the early SFR.

(edited by Reduktion.5791)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Really?
Its usually the same thief all the time.
I can understand the tagging if you want to go for bay or hills , but even when we just got our towers he keeps tagging

Last night the IRON thief took a break, and i thought i could finally stop scouting , but then a Viz thief came todo the same thing

I am one of the persons thats usually hanging around garrison , and the IRON thief really got me thinking.
I mean , how much fun can you have tagging a garrison every 3mins for like 4hrs a day? :S

I was doing it yesterday from 19:00 till 21:00. And i’m an ele.
Was quite funny that you needed 10 people orso to get me down. But hey i died due falling dmg! No repairs \0/.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

You have a point it is a troll post and it does create bad temper between sfr and deso, although probably some of the bad temper has already been created in the previous days/week.

It does not represent Deso’s opinion, it also does not represent Iron’s opinion, in case you ’re wondering “Eternal Iron” is a sister guild that plays exclusively in EB.

I get the feeling that some of the times a native Sfr comments on liking Deso they subtly make a distinction between the server and my guild and it makes me genuinely sad, for non natives it doesnt interest me that much.
About the “90 man blobs and tactics” i keep seeing, dont know what to really say to that, i hope one day people will realise those numbers dont exist and stop exaggerating.

Sorry for commenting on more stuff than what your quoted post contained, try to ignore the forum warriors i guess, even though i understand its difficult at times.

Ofc i know and i understand……I like very much being with Deso in T1. Your guild Iron , they have done nothing bad according to my eyes and likes. Yes they are a huge guild , yes they run in big numbers and mostly with other guilds together, making a huge force. You have less coverage overall and huge VZ zerg(moving as a zerg and not on the map) to face, so you are doing your best to accomplish some points. That’s nothing wrong ,you have never fly from a fight even if you have less numbers . In fact we did yesterday noon a nice 6vs7 fight(if i counted right your members) on a camp ,that i really enjoyed. So dont worry if ppl point out your raid size or that you move with allies……its nothing wrong with that and we like Deso because Iron is a part of the server:)

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

And you guys are much better defenders than us, you barely lose anything in EB while we often lose tower after tower.

we have a secret weapon. Moorta/Zuchie. #1 commander EU. Probably 1# commander in all of gw2 really. Ask anyone on deso and they will say the same thing.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Shifty.3412

And you guys are much better defenders than us, you barely lose anything in EB while we often lose tower after tower.

Ask anyone on deso and they will say the same thing.

Didn’t realise anyone on Deso had been to every server to check out every commander.

in Match-ups

Reduktion.5791

Well this spokesman is a Pretorían … ;-)
but hold him high

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

You might ask any server we faced tbh. Unless it gets capped during golemrushes in early morning etc. We don’t or barely lose a tower or the keep in EB.

But i guess haters gonna hate.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

I see this on PeVePe for the Operation Bohica

VZ Players are already starting to move to Jade Sea.

Could you stop with this bullkitten… They is no move form VS to JS kitten . Elona make a very surprising underperformance yes, but it’s all, go read german forum (they got a lot of post that talks about this ) before post this kind of bullkitten.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Troma.3250

Awesome plain fight with mixed Vizunians versus mixed RG/opt/sin and i even see Lani Ster in. Near VS Bay 5 minuts ago. Had a blast ! (and please, stop with the “VS stay hidden in castle lol”)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faunus.3647

Faunus.3647

<=was here for smell sacrx ragequit.

Commander Vizunah Square
Eternalïa [OVER]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Awesome plain fight with mixed Vizunians versus mixed RG/opt/sin and i even see Lani Ster in. Near VS Bay 5 minuts ago. Had a blast ! (and please, stop with the “VS stay hidden in castle lol”)

In a lot of cases its true, you have to break into a keep/tower in order to get a fight from Viz, we even put down lure trebs to get you out on the field sometimes and all you guys do it turtle inside the inner of the keep instead, quite the tactic (the same tactic that means servers generally dislike you and want to focus you out of T1, just saying).

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Troma.3250

As i repeated like 1000 times my dear Aneu, killing guilds with mixed groups can be very hard to manage for the “pug” commander. So i can understand it ! myself, when i had to lead the 3-4 first months (against Far Shiverpeaks for exemple) sometimes i didn’t have the choice !

Anyway it really depend on the troops in the mixed raid, sometimes it’s Fifilepetitguerrier, sometimes it’s François Le Destructeur, an heavy warrior with armored beret and striped iron jersey, magical baguette launcher +100% crit and frogs on steroid for pet.

Try to build a mixed raid, put your commander on, and charge WL for exemple. Tell me the result after

(edited by Troma.3250)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

Didn’t realise anyone on Deso had been to every server to check out every commander.

and even though you had to leave a troll comment, you still didn’t dispute the fact that Zuchie is the best. Just goes to prove that my statement is true.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

(edited by Wolbryne.4037)

in Match-ups

Shifty.3412

and even though you had to leave a troll comment, like the hater you’ve become, ever since you got kicked out of iron, you still didn’t dispute the fact that Zuchie is the best. Just goes to prove that my statement is true.

I don’t see how it was a troll comment, i merely pointed out the flaws in what you said, which you obviously don’t like

Now go back to saying in guild chat of how you think IRON is better than RG in open field, hurhurhur